• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

wiibomb

seeing how this golden loot box in overwatch works makes me extremely bummed.

not only they have a guaranteed legendary, but also the legendary cannot be duped.

and this game just had its first year on the market, how far behind is Team 5 with Hearthstone?

not only they have a guaranteed legendary, but also the legendary cannot be duped.

and this game just had its first year on the market, how far behind is Team 5 with Hearthstone?
Something, something, team 5 is a small indie team

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It might just be tyrande again for the people who missed it the first time. But I hope it's a different cosmetic item (or packs, I guess).

We still don't have an alternate Druid hero. If they do another Tyrande promotion they will probably do something that all regions can take advantage of. Chinese players almost had a riot last time.

I think the fact that dusting exists is why you can get dupes.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Man I forgot how fun this game was until my friend mentioned he started playing again. Cool (for me at least :p) to see that things haven't changed a TON in the 2-3 years since I last played. Well I'm sure at the very top levels things are way different, but climbing up to 10 (Standard) I was able to use a rough approximation of my old Mage Secrets deck to get to about 12, then had to switch to more of a control variant to go from 12>10 just because I found people were getting really good at those higher levels and playing around my Secrets. It's interesting that most Mage decks run 2x Counterspell, but I find it so damn annoying because I feel like it flames out half the time (probably half misplays I'm sure!). Conversely I love Spellbender because I feel like it always does a decent to great job. Only thing is it's blank against some decks so I can really only justify 1x.

Here's my current build. Unique flavor is mostly just Ethereal Arcanist to get me through the midgame (and he's a beast if there's a Spellbender around to protect him), Ooze for all the stupid weapons, Spellbender, and a 2x on Volcanic Potion because it's needed for survival vs. hard aggro.

uauT1ot.png

Go Mages!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Man I forgot how fun this game was until my friend mentioned he started playing again. Cool (for me at least :p) to see that things haven't changed a TON in the 2-3 years since I last played. Well I'm sure at the very top levels things are way different, but climbing up to 10 (Standard) I was able to use a rough approximation of my old Mage Secrets deck to get to about 12, then had to switch to more of a control variant to go from 12>10 just because I found people were getting really good at those higher levels and playing around my Secrets. It's interesting that most Mage decks run 2x Counterspell, but I find it so damn annoying because I feel like it flames out half the time (probably half misplays I'm sure!). Conversely I love Spellbender because I feel like it always does a decent to great job. Only thing is it's blank against some decks so I can really only justify 1x.

Here's my current build. Unique flavor is mostly just Ethereal Arcanist to get me through the midgame (and he's a beast if there's a Spellbender around to protect him), Ooze for all the stupid weapons, Spellbender, and a 2x on Volcanic Potion because it's needed for survival vs. hard aggro. Medivh and Portal are so fun and high variance.

uauT1ot.png

Go Mages!

Pooya

got golden paladin for the second time (on my alt). that's a lot of paladin games.

still need golden hunter and priest, I probably get the priest, it's fun right now.

Hunter though lol, hunter is trash and boring. Probably the most overrated class by everyone this expansion. Hunter sucks a LOT.

I hope they start creating something with hunter that's not the extremely boring and one trick midrange, it's just not cutting it anymore, all the good decks have a bunch of 'tricks' and whatever and anyone can deal with extremely predictable hunter plays. They need to rethink the class. I play stuff on curve and steady shot face is boring and not even good anymore.

tinantlu

I have play a friend quest (as well as watch a friend) but everyone on my friends list has lapsed from playing.

tinantlu 1973 on NA

I won't be able to log on until probably after work today or maybe over lunch but if you add me I will jump on with someone

scarlet

I have play a friend quest (as well as watch a friend) but everyone on my friends list has lapsed from playing.

tinantlu 1973 on NA

I won't be able to log on until probably after work today or maybe over lunch but if you add me I will jump on with someone

I added you anyways, could use more friends.

Nothing beats the good old "Legendary when you only have 2 from the set.. and it's a Dupe" feeling, am I right?

Like, the things I'd do for Elise/Awaken/Tarim/spiritsinger

Footos22

Pushing for rank 5, Needed two more wins. First match against priest dirty rats my Tirion turn 2, concedes.

Second match quest rogue. He was one minion away from completing the quest. Uses his blessing of kings he got from swashburglar and sticks it on my spikeridged steeded wickerflame by accident his finger slipped I guess.

Rank 5. My highest rank ever in two years of f2p!!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Pushing for rank 5, Needed two more wins. First match against priest dirty rats my Tirion turn 2, concedes.

Second match quest rogue. He was one minion away from completing the quest. Uses his blessing of kings he got from swashburglar and sticks it on my spikeridged steeded wickerflame by accident his finger slipped I guess.

Rank 5. My highest rank ever in two years of f2p!!

Congrats man. Rank 5 is the highest I ever got too. 10>5 is super tough to the point where I'm sort of happy to sit at 10 rn with my win streak intact and just let it ride until next month. :D

Footos22

Congrats man. Rank 5 is the highest I ever got too. 10>5 is super tough to the point where I'm sort of happy to sit at 10 rn with my win streak intact and just let it ride until next month. :D

That's all I've been doing the last few months but I thought I'd give it a good go this month. Feels good. Bet the rewards aren't worth the hassle.

Tacitus_

I had a win 5 priest quest and I've gotten bored of silence, so I decided to play dragon. Mirror matches are such buuuulllssshhhiiiittttttt. And I got two in the 11 games I played. At least the 2nd was some sort of yogg arcane giant nonsense list so I beat him in a reasonable time frame.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
so..how do you exactly stop a quest rogue?
every single one of those decks i met complete the quest by turn 3.

I'm sure strategy varies drastically but in my deck above I try to get a Counterspell and/or Spellbender out early to slow them down. Then I just go straight aggro and pretty much ignore all their minions just wrecking face. Their defense and board state suck until they complete the quest usually, and even after that there's barely any defense on there so minions on the table can do work either offensively or soaking up 5/5 attacks while I build up a few turns of Fireball/Portal into a Pyroblast or something for the kill. Once they get those 5/5s out in force I don't waste time on them unless it's absolutely necessary. I do sometimes need an Ice Block or two to get me through. Deck is crazy weak to Ice Block. 30 dmg? Ok.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god it's the fucking webspinner brawl.

You didn't have fun with this the 87 other times they did this one? WELL TOO BAD! HERE'S SOME DANK SPIDERS!

Yeah this brawl is not better just because they have introduced more beasts in Un'goro.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You didn't have fun with this the 87 other times they did this one? WELL TOO BAD! HERE'S SOME DANK SPIDERS!

Yeah this brawl is not better just because they have introduced more beasts in Un'goro.

The least they could have done is make it a Jeweled Macaw brawl instead.

I guess a did a new thing by getting a Chittering Tuneller and discovering a Bloodlust. So that was a new way to win that brawl, I guess? So much more exciting.

Third game playing again after about a month.

Taunt Warrior with perfect curve, perfect top decks, perfect rng on his hero power.

I don't know how you guys still play this trash.

This brawl, why? I mean don't they get any feedback from the community? This has to be among the most hated ones, long games, 100℅ rng, Blizzard pls.

Ladekabel

My game for the brawl pack was enjoyable despite it being Webspinner brawl.

Was playing Mage and my opponent was Hunter who even draw freaking Dinomancy twice which made it look like he would win because those 3/3 Spinners were not even tickled by my little 1/1s.

I played a Gharzrilla, he ignored it and went face. I traded with his Grizzly, played three Webspinners, pinged my Gharzrilla to pump it to 24 attack and freezed his board. He got a Fierce Monkey from a Spinner played it, buffed it with his hero power, played Dinomancy and buffed it again. Next turn I pinged my Gharzrilla for 48 attack, played an Acid Maw I got attacked one Spinner in his monkey and hit him in the face for lethal.

Was a game I was losing that I won because of mistakes my opponent made and me not playing Acid Maw before I pinged Gharzrilla like I almost did. This was a game where I really would like Blizzard to implement a Replay Feature in the client.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Any thoughts on this Secret Mage? I'm attending a Fireside this weekend and it's the only deck I'm struggling to find a good balance.

### Secret Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Babbling Book
# 2x (1) Kabal Lackey
# 2x (1) Mana Wyrm
# 2x (2) Arcanologist
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (2) Medivh's Valet
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Counterspell
# 1x (3) Ice Block
# 2x (3) Kirin Tor Mage
# 1x (3) Mana Bind
# 2x (3) Mirror Entity
# 2x (3) Vaporize
# 2x (4) Ethereal Arcanist
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (6) Kabal Crystal Runner
#
AAECAf0EAsABxsECDnHDAZ4CuwKVA6sElgXsBckNgbIC17YC67oCh70CwcECAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I know I should add two Primordial Glyphs but I'm trying to keep it on budget, and I don't think I will get enough dust. In the meantime I was thinking of replacing 2 Mirror Entities for 2 Shimmering Tempests to make up for two extra spells.

pretty sure i had my longest rank winning streak so far in hearthstone. i've shot up ranks quick before, but i can't recall a straight flawless ranked streak like this; won every single game between rank 19 and 12.

it was mobile so i'm not quire sure how many games that is, but i've only played wild really this month (i play plenty of wild egg druid but wanted to switch things up), and i decided i wanted to make a token druid for standard. i played 2 games with a finja one i made up, then i decided finja was hot garbage and i ditched the murloc idea. i don't play nearly as much standard as wild, but i understand most people top out with some big threats like hydra? i decided eff that, i'm going to win games quicker, so i took a more hand dump idea to my build, not having the hand refresh from jeeves i decided screw it, i'll make as consistent a mulligan as i can and have nothing above a 3 drop aside from living mana for a midgame refresher.

### FLAPPY BIRD TOKEN
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 1x (1) Argent Squire
# 1x (1) Bloodsail Corsair
# 2x (1) Enchanted Raven
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) Mark of the Lotus
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 1x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha
# 1x (2) Golakka Crawler
# 2x (2) Mark of Y'Shaarj
# 2x (2) Power of the Wild
# 1x (2) Ravasaur Runt
# 2x (2) Tortollan Forager
# 2x (3) Eggnapper
# 2x (3) Savage Roar
# 2x (3) Vicious Fledgling
# 2x (5) Living Mana
#
AAECAZICBtQF9QXlB5G8ArHBAuTCAgz+AfcD5gXZB8GrArazAs27AobBAp/CAqHCAqTCAuvCAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

i figured forager and living mana are ok to draw late in game since i don't slow tempo for draw, runt isn't reliable enough in standard to run double and i don't want 2 in my hand at anytime anyway, and figured i just want to shit the hand out and win quick or die young. not having genzo draw or barely any draw obvi seemed stupidly dangerous but damn i've just been so consistent with dumb shit and they waste removal on the cheap stuff giving flappy bird so many unanswered wins (the main reason i wanted to play it in std is bc i would never use fledgling in wild, way too many removals there, but here you can pull off the dumb unanswered shit that's why i kept it cheap, i need to answer first and answer harder).

you don't need the 'perfect' variant i see so many people copy on different decks from reports, i doubt other people would prefer my builds tweaks over whatever's big but damn, that was definitely the longest i've ever gone straight with no losses for sure. the fun thing is when i faced priests i knew they would mulligan for death, and they always seemed to. no hydra clunk to worry about early and knowing i could go more balls out without having to worry about it until forager def helped against hard spot removal classes lol. thank you meta for trapping people into being afraid of what ain't there.
wish i was on for the streak PC but here's slammin PW with it
https://hsreplay.net/replay/NhtuhKDrNXNWVZMXvxT4dX

fertygo

Got Power Core cardback, its from my participation at HGG I guess..

I hope I can play again next year.. if my teammate not boycott me lol

TankUP

This brawl, why? I mean don't they get any feedback from the community? This has to be among the most hated ones, long games, 100℅ rng, Blizzard pls.

They do get the only feedback that matters, which is how many people play the Brawl, and come back to replay them.

100% RNG brawls that don't require you to have a collection are the most played ones. They are also the ones that drive people to come back and play them every day they are available.

Don't forget that the majority of active players are casuals who don't get past rank 17.

Let the casuals have their fun. Not every brawl has to appeal to you.

gutshot

Hearthstone pack changes coming: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20852959/

Starting with the release of Hearthstone's next expansion (but applying to ALL Hearthstone card packs), every time you open a Legendary in a card pack, it will be a Legendary card from the same set that you don't already own. Once you own either the golden or non-golden version of a Legendary card, you won't get a duplicate of it until you own all the Legendary cards from that set. Soon, you'll be able to craft a Legendary without the worry of opening it in your next few packs!

In addition, you will never open more copies of any card in a pack than you can use in a single deck—no more opening three or more of the same common, rare, or epic card in one pack!

How often do people pull a legendary they already have?

I only think it happened to me once with Sylvanas

Legendary in the first 10 packs of a new set is nice too

Magnus

LOVE these changes!

How often do people pull a legendary they already have?

I only think it happened to me once with Sylvanas

I've had:

5x VanCleef
4x Millhouse
2x Sylvanas and at least 4 or 5 others.

And I've probably opened at least ten legendaries over the last two years that I'd already crafted.

Top Bottom