• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

inky

3x Pagle
3x Harrison
4x Cairne
2x Cho

got 2x Tirion after I crafted it, once from the free legendary offer for $5 they did a few months ago.

Never got Antonidas, Cenarius, Al Akir, Velen, Black Knight, VanCleef or Leeroy from a pack. Playing since beta and opened a million packs.

one very, very, very minor complaint...it means there is a 0% chance of getting a golden version of a Legendary I already own. Unless of course, legendaries and golden legendaries are considered different cards of the same minion?

wiibomb

How often do people pull a legendary they already have?

I only think it happened to me once with Sylvanas

Legendary in the first 10 packs of a new set is nice too

I swear I have opened half my legendaries in duplicates, I have a terrible luck when it comes to opening packs, the only thing saving me is the crafting system (and having enough dust to craft the legendaries I absolutely need.)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
one very, very, very minor complaint...it means there is a 0% chance of getting a golden version of a Legendary I already own. Unless of course, legendaries and golden legendaries are considered different cards of the same minion?

No it doesn't. You can still get a golden legendary is something you own a plain version of.

I was wrong. You can't get a golden copy of a legendary you own until you open all legendaries in that set.

I got a Kazakus dupe in Gadgetzan and got some legs I dusted beforehand.

I want my luck from Gadgetzan back, Un Goro has been the worst expansion for wrt legendaries I have next to no dust or stock left to dust and only gotten 2 useless legs from the set so far.

sh1fty

That's a great change to the packs. Surprising they would do that without lowering the odds of getting legendaries *crosses fingers*

Now if only Overwatch would do something like this...

This *significantly* reduces the cost of card acquisition for most people. I'm curious about the math but I wonder if this will make 3 expansions cost about the same as 2 expansions and an adventure cost last year.

Now everyone will just complain about all the duplicate epics they got.

Now if only Overwatch would do something like this...

It's your lucky day! Skip to 4:15 or so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkYJlPMdWNA

TankUP

Since this change doesn't take effect until the next expansion, it makes sense to stop opening packs until then -- even tavern brawl packs should be saved til then, imo.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is especially good because now I can craft the legendaries I want and not feel like an idiot when I get them later.

In the video Ben also notes there are more people playing the game than ever.

TankUP

Megaton card changes.

Also does the 10 pack guarantee Legendary apply to all packs or just the new set?

I think just the new set and every set after that. It would be nice for new players if every set guaranteed a legendary in the first 10 packs, though.

wiibomb

This is especially good because now I can craft the legendaries I want and not feel like an idiot when I get them later.

In the video Ben also notes there are more people playing the game than ever.

it totally makes sense give the good rep people have been give to the meta we are going through, just until the beginning of this month the decks have been settling down

I dunno, the wording seems to indicate it's only on new sets.

it might be... it is still confusing.

Fewr

Ah good news!
I haven't got any repeats yet (just started) but it does make sense not to open packs until this thing is applied to avoid getting a repeat even if the probability is close to zero.

wiibomb

This new development makes dusting shit legendaries an iffier proposition.

oddly enough, this might be even better for blizz, since we are going to be doubting dusting bad legendaries just in case we open more packs from that expansion in the future

less dust, less crafting, more packs

Ah good news!
I haven't got any repeats yet (just started) but it does make sense not to open packs until this thing is applied to avoid getting a repeat even if the probability is close to zero.

you are in a very lucky position now that you aren't going to get dupes, now you just need to stop opening packs for the next month just for prevention

Fewr

you are in a very lucky position now that you aren't going to get dupes, now you just need to stop opening packs for the next month just for prevention
Yes, exactly.
The only thing that bother me is that last Sunday I bought a 60 pack bundle of un'goro cards. Oh well, I wasn't counting on the extra packs to be given away ever, so it shouldn't hurt.

manhack

The timing of this announcement is interesting since they don't normally announce stuff with too long of a lead time. Maybe expansion announcement coming in a week or two?

wiibomb

The timing of this announcement is interesting since they don't normally announce stuff with too long of a lead time. Maybe expansion announcement coming in a week or two?

it totally should, I expect the announcement in the first week of july or so

it totally should, I expect the announcement in the first week of july or so

The ungoro reveal was on Feb 27. Gadgetzan was a dumpster fire though so I gather they did that a bit earlier than they originally wanted (no more cards for 2 weeks after that was strange).

So I would guess a reveal in a week or two.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This new development makes dusting shit legendaries an iffier proposition.

You can dust the shit legendaries once that set rotates to wild. So long term it's no loss.

Something similar just happened on the Overwatch side too. This is probably a decision coming from the top about how they handle loot now.

wiibomb

are there more games from blizzard that use the loot/random reward system with money besides OW and HS?

It would be interesting if they change other games similar to this, it would mean they are actually changing company wise

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if this was in response to the much nicer rewards from Gwent. It feels like it might be despite all of the things they are saying about how many people are playing. The daily rewards in Gwent are insanely generous for a F2P game, though since their card collection is much bigger and has more legendaries, it probably balances out somewhat.

Either way the first Legendary in 10 packs and no dupes changes are just straight up good news for consumers. Now they need to release more cards...

wiibomb

LOL, Gruul?

Poor guy. I've dusted him every time. :(

yes... people have even said me twice that he is a bad legendary when I opened 2 of those 4(TWICE)
and don't even get me started when I opened my 3rd nat the darkfisher

I haven't disenchanted a single non dupe legendary, so I think I won't get screwed when I open classic packs next time

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
People should also hold off on opening brawl packs now if you are already decently stacked on cards from classic. That way you won't have to worry about opening a dupe legendary from a classic pack.

bunbun777

Best news I've heard in a while. Excited for the next expansion.

Anyone remember when in game the clock turned to the year of the mammoth, there were I believe 2 animals following it, one I think was a gryphon?

hollomat

Banned
New changes are fantastic but I wish they announced them sooner. I've been playing since closed beta and just bought the starter pack last week. Got jaraxxus and Tyron who I already own. With these changes I could've gotten van cleef, gromm or one of the other classic legendaries I don't have.

Well time to stockpile tavern brawl and arena packs.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
New changes are fantastic but I wish they announced them sooner. I've been playing since closed beta and just bought the starter pack last week. Got jaraxxus and Tyron who I already own. With these changes I could've gotten van cleef, gromm or one of the other classic legendaries I don't have.

Well time to stockpile tavern brawl and arena packs.

I wonder actually if this would apply to the welcome pack.

Full board with Deathrattles against a tempo Mage, he drops Yogg.

First card is Volcano, leaves his Yogg with 1 HP and activates my Deathrattles.

Bunch of other random spells (one gives him card draw), last card is Twisting Nether.

I refill the board, have lethal and his hand is empty.

His Shimmering Tempest gives him Blizzard to free my board and he wins with dual Arcane Giants.

Sigh.

Top Bottom