• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Lay on hands seems like it would be kind of awkward in that deck. Is that not so?
I don't know about that deck, but in standard midrange that shit has saved me numerous times.

It's a tie between Lay on Hands and Spikeridge Steed for the amount of times I've been bailed out and won a game. The latter is my favorite card in the Ungoro expansion.

Good luck, man. The season I decided to push for legend I got stuck at rank 3 full stars, and since then I haven't been motivated to even go for 5.
I got to 2 stars at rank 1 and then I fell all the way to 2 stars at rank 3 last night. My salt was incredible. An endless number of aggro decks getting perfect draws and killing me at top deck status while I have a huge board.
Ive lost games to Aggro Priest and Aggro Taunt Warrior in Wild today. Wtf is going on there?

I lost to Murloc Priest yesterday at rank 2. I didn't even know that was a thing.

Cockmagic

Neo Member
I got to 2 stars at rank 1 and then I fell all the way to 2 stars at rank 3 last night. My salt was incredible. An endless number of aggro decks getting perfect draws and killing me at top deck status while I have a huge board.

I lost to Murloc Priest yesterday at rank 2. I didn't even know that was a thing.

Which deck are your playing?

wiibomb

don't get discouraged, I got the same exact result last season when I climbed legend, literally from rank 1, 2 stars all the way down to rank 4, 5 stars, it was very very demoralizing, but the important part is to continuing pushing forward, ranked is just grindy AF, if you play enough you will get there

I got finished by a Kazakus potion + mind blast. Been playing an Elise Combo Renolock deck.

Had an incredibly long game against a Quest Priest deck who got Amara at 4 health but simply couldn't deal with Jaraxxus HP from turn 8 onwards.

LCKIV

Neo Member

I know the feeling, I'm going for legend for the first time too and going on losing streaks really sucks. Grinded up to Rank 1 3 stars and then ran into the perfect counter three games in a row. Now I'm one loss away from going back to 2 and afraid to play. 😀

One thing I learned the hard way is to stop after 2-3 losses and take a break. Very early on this month I was one win away from 5 and went on a losing streak and kept playing in the hopes of getting back and fell to 9. 🙁 Since the I've learned to stop after a streak and seems to have helped.

Has any streamer jumped on the Elemental Pirate Warrior train yet?

I have been playing it alot lately, having good fun, and winning a bunch. I have not played much Ranked this month (only played crap decks to complete quests), so jumped from Rank 17 to Rank 9 quickly with the deck.

It seems like a very strong deck, but so far I only bumped into one other player using it on my climb.

I will be scared if it gets popularized

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason

I have been playing it alot lately, having good fun, and winning a bunch. I have not played much Ranked this month (only played crap decks to complete quests), so jumped from Rank 17 to Rank 9 quickly with the deck.

It seems like a very strong deck, but so far I only bumped into one other player using it on my climb.

Do you have a deck list around? I wanna check that out since I play both Elemental Mage and Pirate Warrior.

Do you have a deck list around? I wanna check that out since I play both Elemental Mage and Pirate Warrior.

MHSpsAF.png

Deck ID
AAECAQcCkbwCub8CDhywApED/wOOBagF7gbnB4KwAoiwAqzCAuvCAsLDAsjHAgA=

Magnus

I LOVE fucking around with netdecks by changing around a few cards and putting in really unexpected cards. They almost always catch opponents off guard and work out well. The amount of people who just go with unaltered netdecks is staggering. And boring.

TankUP

I LOVE fucking around with netdecks by changing around a few cards and putting in really unexpected cards. They almost always catch opponents off guard and work out well. The amount of people who just go with unaltered netdecks is staggering. And boring.

Yeah I cut barrier for counterspell and so many people don't even try to play around it because they think i'm running the standard discover mage list. (Made a few other changes but that's the major one).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah I cut barrier for counterspell and so many people don't even try to play around it because they think i'm running the standard discover mage list. (Made a few other changes but that's the major one).

I actually removed the second Counterspell from my Control and Tempo lists for this exact reason hahah (for Spellbender, my fav Secret). At least against those decks Counterspell seems to be the one card people play hard against if they have any ability to. Plus I hate hanging on to that damn thing while the Coin is out.

TankUP

I actually removed the second Counterspell from my Control and Tempo lists for this exact reason hahah (for Spellbender, my fav Secret). At least against those decks Counterspell seems to be the one card people play hard against if they have any ability to. Plus I hate hanging on to that damn thing while the Coin is out.

Spellbinder is amazing against Paladin (stealing Spikeridged Steed for the win) but so weak against so much of the meta I can't justify running it.

Back up to rank 2 tonight with Pirate Warrior after going 5-1.

Which deck are your playing?
My success with rank 5+ has been almost entirely with Squire Paladin and Secret Mage, but I have also been playing Renolock, Pirate Warrior, Egg Druid, Demonlock, Patron Warrior, and N'Zoth Mill Rogue. Surprisingly, my fall in rank is not from Patron Warrior or N'Zoth Mill Rogue. I actually think my Patron Warrior deck can convert into a Patron N'Zoth Quest Warrior deck very easily by swapping Dr. Boom for the quest, but I don't have it unfortunately.

don't get discouraged, I got the same exact result last season when I climbed legend, literally from rank 1, 2 stars all the way down to rank 4, 5 stars, it was very very demoralizing, but the important part is to continuing pushing forward, ranked is just grindy AF, if you play enough you will get there
Thanks for the encouragement! I am very discouraged, haha.

I got finished by a Kazakus potion + mind blast. Been playing an Elise Combo Renolock deck.

Had an incredibly long game against a Quest Priest deck who got Amara at 4 health but simply couldn't deal with Jaraxxus HP from turn 8 onwards.
I've had some ridiculous losses like that, too. It's just brutal sometimes.

I know the feeling, I'm going for legend for the first time too and going on losing streaks really sucks. Grinded up to Rank 1 3 stars and then ran into the perfect counter three games in a row. Now I'm one loss away from going back to 2 and afraid to play. ��

One thing I learned the hard way is to stop after 2-3 losses and take a break. Very early on this month I was one win away from 5 and went on a losing streak and kept playing in the hopes of getting back and fell to 9. �� Since the I've learned to stop after a streak and seems to have helped.
I think part of it is that the games are quite long unless I play Egg Druid or Pirate Warrior, but my Egg Druid hasn't been performing well for some reason, and Pirate Warrior is ZzzzzZzzzz.

Hybris

Muzzy played it a few weeks ago. Seemed less powerful than straight pirates.

You know somebody hurt this shaman when he is running double golakka crawler and double eater secrets in his deck.

Yeah I think he hurt himself... never do this people

Muzzy played it a few weeks ago. Seemed less powerful than straight pirates.

Yeah I think he hurt himself... never do this people

Yeah, a pirate deck with one drops that do nothing when played, a five drop for card creation (which you shouldn't need), and a seven drop seems doomed to, at best, mediocrity. Everything added to make it an elemental deck just weakens it as an aggro deck. And Pirate Warrior already has issues with inconsistency.

You know somebody hurt this shaman when he is running double golakka crawler and double eater secrets in his deck.

If you tech for everything, you can't possibly lose!

bought 70 packs and finally built a Lyra deck. Crushing my coworkers with it but not quite used to priest enough to do any damage in ranked. Definitely fun though. Looking to put my new Kalimos to work too :)

Pirate Warrior is a disgusting deck. So much value on turn one I'm playing catch up every time till turn 6 when I'm dead.

It's borderline broken in my opinion. Piece of crap.

Blizzard

Banned
Pirate Warrior is a disgusting deck. So much value on turn one I'm playing catch up every time till turn 6 when I'm dead.

Try playing it. Like quest rogue, it can be quite inconsistent. It is very difficult to get a turn 6 kill, and it is somewhat common for me to go 7+ turns only drawing one weapon even with mulligan.

There are also a ton of anti-weapon cards, and anti-pirate cards, and taunt/priest/mage players, at least at rank 12-15.

I tried playing it again recently and lost like 3 ranks. Aggro druid gave me some aggro success but I still couldn't make rank 10.

Rogue was the only deck I could beat consistently, and hardly anyone plays rogue at 12-15 for me.

Yeah I get that, it's just that an open of nzoths mate and patches on turn one is bonkers. You get a weapon plus two one ones, one with charge just for one mana. It's silly.

Hybris

Specifically because of pirate warrior's inconsistent early drops, I think you can make the case for cutting something like mortal strike and something else for fireflys.

wiibomb

curiously, it is on the bottom of the tier 1 list, so no, it isn't busted, there are better decks right now.

I'm feeling it, tbh, sure, turn-1 N'zoth first mate can be busted, but the deck is fragile AF, if you put a decent 1 or 2 taunts or have enough clear, the PW will just die by itself.

PW is for me the true definition of a glass cannon.

curiously, it is on the bottom of the tier 1 list, so no, it isn't busted, there are better decks right now.

I'm feeling it, tbh, sure, turn-1 N'zoth first mate can be busted, but the deck is fragile AF, if you put a decent 1 or 2 taunts or have enough clear, the PW will just die by itself.

PW is for me the true definition of a glass cannon.
I mean, hell, I've won against Pirate Warrior on the draw with Turn 4 Priest of the Feast, Coin, Power-word.

The deck is obnoxious, but it's not Unbeatable.

Nothing beats the climb up to Rank 5 before the season ends in Wild, where I've got a 70% win rate in 15 games as DP. Fuck Control Shaman as the Matchup though, Thrall haunts my nightmares.

Working on assembling Squire Paladin, but I definitely like Wild way more then Standard right now.

Beckx

finally have enough to craft my first legendary. can't decide between Aya, because I like the MSoG theme and I can use that in multiple decks, or Elise to use in a completely different group of decks.

i suppose i should be focusing on getting one super focused card like Lyra to make the best possible deck.

JJH

Been craving to play some residentevil Control Warrior. How's it working in this meta? I haven't played since before Justicar rotated out.

Tacitus_

Who the fuck plays Ysera in Evolve Shaman????

And now he played Y'Shaarj, lmao

which pulled Yogg...

what the hell was that deck

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
oh cool somebody kept an arena deck from before the rotation

nice running into an arch-thief rafaam for no reason

seriously why hold on to an arena deck for MONTHS

makes no damn sense

oh cool somebody kept an arena deck from before the rotation

nice running into an arch-thief rafaam for no reason

seriously why hold on to an arena deck for MONTHS

makes no damn sense

I have multiple accounts and some of them i log in like once a month. I've done this before where i dont finish an arena run and by the time i came back it's a new expansion.

Top Bottom