• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

manhack

one game against a value shaman deck is enough for me to want to auto concede in the future. The game did come down to the wire in the end but I can't be spending 30 minutes on a single game I might lose on a regular basis.

It's unfortunate because I love playing control decks, but if you are serious about climbing the ladder it just isn't worth it to go through some of the control mirrors. I usually wait until rank 5 before I start playing control.

Bunga

I packed golden The Caverns Below when Un'Goro came out - just dusted it for a sweet 3,200 dust. I've got just shy of 2,000 gold now too and I will likely pre-order the next expansion. Feel like I'm in a good position for when the expansion drops.

Just crushed a Control Mage as Jade Druid, so satisfying dropping Gluttonous Ooze after Medivh.

wiibomb

3 victory quest.. 3 victory quest! why!!! I've got that quest too much over the past weeks, unavoidable to complete and I can't reroll it... I hate that quest.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
That Jade/Elemental Shaman deck is pretty darn fun. Been playing it off and on the last few days. Been doing fairly well also.

TankUP

My version of jade elemental shaman:

### ele jade
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
#
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Jade Claws
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 2x (3) Hex
# 2x (3) Hot Spring Guardian
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Jade Lightning
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 1x (5) Hallazeal the Ascended
# 2x (5) Servant of Kalimos
# 2x (5) Volcano
# 1x (5) White Eyes
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Fire Elemental
# 1x (8) Kalimos, Primal Lord
#
AAECAaoIBMKuAqa8ApS9AvPCAg29AYEE9QT+BaC2Aoe8As+8AtG8Ava9AsfBApvCAsLDAofEAgA=
#

Kind of fun that there's no best version of this deck yet, so I can make my own. I'm sure it's not optimal (I suspect a lower curve deck with bloodlust might be better) but it's very fun.

Hybris

My version of jade elemental shaman:

### ele jade
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
#
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Jade Claws
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 2x (3) Hex
# 2x (3) Hot Spring Guardian
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Jade Lightning
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 1x (5) Hallazeal the Ascended
# 2x (5) Servant of Kalimos
# 2x (5) Volcano
# 1x (5) White Eyes
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Fire Elemental
# 1x (8) Kalimos, Primal Lord
#
AAECAaoIBMKuAqa8ApS9AvPCAg29AYEE9QT+BaC2Aoe8As+8AtG8Ava9AsfBApvCAsLDAofEAgA=
#

Kind of fun that there's no best version of this deck yet, so I can make my own. I'm sure it's not optimal (I suspect a lower curve deck with bloodlust might be better) but it's very fun.

I feel like if you try to go lower curve + bloodlust you might as well be playing the better version with dopple evolve and token spam. I think jade elemental is built for the longer control style game that gets rolling after turn 5 with fire eles, blazecallers, and big jades.

TankUP

I feel like if you try to go lower curve + bloodlust you might as well be playing the better version with dopple evolve and token spam. I think jade elemental is built for the longer control style game that gets rolling after turn 5 with fire eles, blazecallers, and big jades.

I agree that I prefer the control style elemental shaman, but there's this list floating around that is more aggressive take on the archetype that might end up being better overall, especially against control decks: http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...lemental-shaman-6-legend-july-2017-season-40/

Grief.exe

Hybris

Whoa just need Kalimos for that too.

Metastats is showing a bad matchup for this deck against Burn Mage, which is a huge detriment right now.

The control version does well against mage due to the extra healing... but then it does worse against Jade druid so I'm not sure what's more popular right now. Probably mage

Yay 500 wins with hunter ^^

QBtgO2d.png

Ketch

Is there anything more satisfying then beating a pirate warrior when you're on 6 hp remaining?

Get. your. tired. shit. out. of. here.

Is there anything more satisfying then beating a pirate warrior when you're on 6 hp remaining?

Get. your. tired. shit. out. of. here.

It's really stressful when you're at 4 and have multiple taunts up.

Every turn you just a moment to hope they don't draw Mortal Strike.

Kaban

Just drafted an INSANE mage deck in Arena.

JfRAb0h.png

2 Fireballs, 3 Firelands Portals, 2 good Legendaries, and a Meteor to boot. Barely any early game though, so we'll see what happens...

that's trump levels of greed, if you run into people who can't play anything until turn 4 you'll wreck them for sure but yeowch that's gonna be a lot of early hero power turns

This reminds me, I have an old Warlock Arena deck sitting on 1 win for months now. It is both wild and pre Un'Goro, and pre a lot of recent patches.

PHJrnFE.png

zUGpDRF.png

Seems like it might catch a few people off guard (due to how bad current Warlock is), but still lose to Made/Pali.

I will paly it one of these days

This reminds me, I have an old Warlock Arena deck sitting on 1 win for months now. It is both wild and pre Un'Goro, and pre a lot of recent patches.

PHJrnFE.png

zUGpDRF.png

Seems like it might catch a few people off guard (due to how bad current Warlock is), but still lose to Made/Pali.

I will paly it one of these days

time 2 snipe kripp. looks like a pretty good deck tbh

Kaban

that's trump levels of greed, if you run into people who can't play anything until turn 4 you'll wreck them for sure but yeowch that's gonna be a lot of early hero power turns

I unfortunately didn't get many 1-drops or 2-drops in the draft to begin with. I forewent a frostbolt in favour of my first Firelands Portal, and took a Zoobot over a Murloc Tidehunter. Other than that, the draft ran pretty high on curve in general.

I got three 1-drops to choose from over the entirety of the draft... Zealous Initiate, Arcane Missiles, and Shifter Zerus. And even Zerus barely counts as a 1-drop :p

scarlet

Stuck for a week in rank 10-9, and then went undefeated to reach 5 from 9 less than a day with control pally.

I replaced kodo with rallying blade, so I have 3 weapons and it actually helps me a lot.

So with this golden epic, I'll have around 6400 dust = 4 Legendaries.

Almost every priest card introduced this set only gets stronger with every subsequent set.

Yeah, Priest got some pretty nuts cards in Un'Goro that are going to be around for the next year and 8 months.

Although I have the feeling that Blizzard isn't going to give much to Priest in the form of spells just because Shadow Visions is so crazy.

rahji

stockpiled 700 gold so far. My goal is 1000 gold, so that i can at least affort 10 packs and get the guaranteed legendary. Only 10 days until more reveals!

Q8D3vil

Lyra is an easy 5/5. I don't think there's a Priest deck that would actually exclude it to be honest.
You need to meet a certain condition to use Lyra, dropping it and getting 2 shitty spells are not good enough and wont win you games. No to mention its a dead cards in some matchups.

Tarim on the other hand is god tier, since it can be used in so many situation and can close games too.
If he wasnt so easily discovered from the stonehill i would have rated him 4.5/5 as well, but the fact that you can play 2-3 of him every game is bonkers.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Lyra is an easy 5/5. I don't think there's a Priest deck that would actually exclude it to be honest.
Dragon Priest decks don't always run Lyra and they are better for it. If Lyra was a 5/5 card the decks built around it would be tier one, and instead they are far off from that.

greepoman

Tarim on the other hand is god tier, since it can be used in so many situation and can close games too.
If he wasnt so easily discovered from the stonehill i would have rated him 4.5/5 as well, but the fact that you can play 2-3 of him every game is bonkers.

Blizzard needs to take away the discover bonus for class legendaries...kinda defeats the purpose of having it legendary rarity in the first place. While they're at it make ice block legendary as well.

Blizzard needs to take away the discover bonus for class legendaries...kinda defeats the purpose of having it legendary rarity in the first place. While they're at it make ice block legendary as well.

I'm not sure I agree with this. So much of mage right now is based on Ice Block that if you took it away or severely limited it, the class may completely crumble. I don't usually advocate for this kind of "fix," but I think I'd prefer a Golakka Crawler-style tweak. Eater of Secrets is just too gimped in off matchups. A 2-3 for three that destroys enemy secrets would be better -- maybe even just one enemy secret, so that it wouldn't be too good.

Hybris

I'm not sure I agree with this. So much of mage right now is based on Ice Block that if you took it away or severely limited it, the class may completely crumble. I don't usually advocate for this kind of "fix," but I think I'd prefer a Golakka Crawler-style tweak. Eater of Secrets is just too gimped in off matchups. A 2-3 for three that destroys enemy secrets would be better -- maybe even just one enemy secret, so that it wouldn't be too good.

Here's my idea for an ice block change. Remove it from the secret pool and turn it into a regular spell, reduce the cost to 2 mana and have it only last for the next turn. The biggest issue with ice block imo is it allows you to frontload your mana that will be used in a later turn. Being able to drop alex in absolute safety no matter what the board state looks like is way too strong. Reduces consistency with archanologist and fixes the yolo alex bullshit.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They will just rotate out Ice Block (along with Gadgetzan) next year when they've finished building up a significant card pool by having three expansions in a row.

They were pretty clear about those having been on the radar, but getting delayed rotations due to not having enough cards to enable combo decks without them at the time.

fertygo

I feel if we had better anti secret tech, ice block prolly won't that much problematic.. I'll hold out thought rotating it soon before we see gluttonous ooze for secret ot not in new released cards.
They will just rotate out Ice Block (along with Gadgetzan) next year when they've finished building up a significant card pool by having three expansions in a row.

They were pretty clear about those having been on the radar, but getting delayed rotations due to not having enough cards to enable combo decks without them at the time.

they never mentioning ice block.

Top Bottom