• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Ketch

Seems like their answer to aggro is to design late game cards that will get destroyed by aggro.

No 3 drops vs pirate warrior. Seems legit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
For 10 mana the card needs to be insanely crazy, like discover a discarded card and play 2 copies of it...

Watch it being something like "Choose what cards to discard" which would be great if it was a 2-3 cost card, but beyond useless in its current 10 cost slot

Battlecry: All Discarded Minions come into play, all discarded spells return to hand.

I can't tell if Lana'thel is slightly better or slightly worse than Bolvar. Activates while still in your deck but the condition to activate it is a bit more costly. Not to mention your odds of discarding it at some point during the game before getting it up to worthwhile stats doesn't seem insignificant. I don't know, I don't see why this had to be a legendary. They easily could have given Warlock their own Thing from Below/Kabal Crystal Runner related to discard and it would have probably been fine I think.

If I'm understanding it right then Taldaram is just the Faceless Manipulator effect? I guess it's possible that someone will find a way to completely break this card because of the lower mana cost but it seems really underwhelming to me right now.

Blood Razor is really good. Been a while since Warrior got a really strong weapon.

Nachos

Peléo;244458144 said:
Got the NA challenge friend quest. If anyone wants to do it, send me a PM.

Edit: Done
Didn't get the chance to thank you, but thanks for the quest.

What was the Jaina leak?
636361712254038249.png

Leaked from a video that only one person found, though, and Blizzard has since released more official art of Jaina with a purple streak in her hair, so the chances of them breaking from her official appearances keeps getting slimmer and slimmer. This card's art goes beyond being off-model, and into outright changing the character design.

gutshot

Such a weird card, it understated and also has a horrible effect. Why?

It's only horrible if your deck relies on spells. Otherwise, it's a positive effect. Especially against burn mages and the like.

"Oh, you wanted to cast Firelands Portal this turn? Sorry!"

TankUP

Such a weird card, it understated and also has a horrible effect. Why?

It's a very strong effect. Loatheb is one of the best legendaries every printed and this is a more balanced version of that. For example, this card will be a huge disruption against miracle rogues and freeze mages when played at the right time.

gutshot

Also important is this is an epic, so you can run two, unlike Loatheb. Although it is a slightly worse card, it might end up making even more of a meta impact.

wiibomb

It's only horrible if your deck relies on spells. Otherwise, it's a positive effect. Especially against burn mages and the like.

"Oh, you wanted to cast Firelands Portal this turn? Sorry!"

It's a very strong effect. Loatheb is one of the best legendaries every printed and this is a more balanced version of that. For example, this card will be a huge disruption against miracle rogues and freeze mages when played at the right time.

I see, I see... I only thought about the effect being negative on the user, not the opponent. This is interesting indeed. We'll see if it is enough when it also affects the user.

Mulgrok

Nerubian helps counter board clears when ahead and burn when behind. Solid card.

EDIT: 6 mana is pretty much the perfect time for it. Prevent firelands portal, flamestrike/blizzard, dragonfire potion, spikeridged steed, auctioneer on turn6-7. Usually those are the critical swing turns.

EDIT2: people underestimating it forget that it screws over combo decks and jade druid. Plus it HAS to be removed by the opponent for them to get combos off instead of just stalling a turn like loatheb did. Loatheb is one of the most overrated cards because it is situational where this nerubian can be played any time and the effect persists.

gutshot

It's a lot more than slightly worse, same stats for one more mana plus three fewer spell penalty

True. But it is persistent. And it is also not tied to a battlecry, which means if you summon this card from your deck or hand somehow, its effect is immediately active.

Imagine your opponent going for a Dirty Rat+board clear combo and it pulls this. Ultimate punish.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Sorry guys. Nerubian Unraveler sucks. Kill it with minions on board and you can cast spells again. Easy to do as it is a 5/5 for 6. It affects your spells too. Worse than Troggzor.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Nerubian is a buff to Medivh. Literally unplayable

Would you actually run this in a control deck so incredibly slow that your opponent has used very few burn cards and had ample time to play Medivh?

Most of those decks would be using enough of their own spells to not want to play this.

Sorry guys. Nerubian Unraveler sucks. Kill it with minions on board and you can cast spells again. Easy to do as it is a 5/5 for 6. It affects your spells too. Worse than Troggzor.

In your scenario, you would have to be playing it in a deck where you're not flooding the board and using it to cover from board clears, which seems incorrect to me.

True. But it is persistent. And it is also not tied to a battlecry, which means if you summon this card from your deck or hand somehow, its effect is immediately active.

Imagine your opponent going for a Dirty Rat+board clear combo and it pulls this. Ultimate punish.

True, but it can also just be a 6 mana 5/5 that gets killed by minions on board and the spell penalty goes away

Hycran

Banned
Nerubian is a buff to Medivh. Literally unplayable

Nerubian looks like a counter to mage and mage alone. maybe paladin too if they start using high energy cards. I don't think it will see a lot of play, but it will definitely be a tech card of choice in certain instances.

Also, If people want to check out my rogue meme deck and see what they think, i'm happy for some input. So far its doing pretty well around rank 4 and 5. Still trying to work the kinks out.

The basic idea is to leverage low cost and removal in the early game and then pull some memes in order to ramp up the jade count. it is somewhat mid-rangey(ish) and the envenom weapon has been money so far.

2 x Backstab
2 x Preparation
2 x Shadowstep
2 x Eviscerate
1 x Gadgetzan Ferryman
2 x Jade Shuriken
2 x Jade Swarmer
2 x Loot Hoarder
2 x Coldlight Oracle
2 x Envenom Weapon
2 x Fan of Knives
2 x Mimic Pod
2 x Jade Spirit
1 x Spirit Singer Umbra
1 x Vilespine Slayer
1 x Aya Blackpaw

I'm definitely going to get thalnos in here now that i'm looking over the deck again, and maybe get rid of the mimic pods, but im not sure for what yet.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Forcing your opponent to trade their minions into your 5/5 has value too.

Lord of the Arena is better at doing that than this card. Hell a minion-based deck might not even try to clear it. Just proceed to smorc the face while you have a 5/5 with a downside on your side of the board.

gutshot

Lord of the Arena is better at doing that than this card. Hell a minion-based deck might not even try to clear it. Just proceed to smorc the face while you have a 5/5 with a downside on your side of the board.

No, you run it in an aggressive minion-based deck to protect yourself against board clears.

Also, this card will NEVER have a downside for you because if your deck relies on spells you wouldn't run this card. (Well, I don't want to say never. You might pick it in Arena early and hope to not get any important spells and then get screwed.)

Any other 5 health minion, like lord of the arena (seriously why do I bother), easily just gets nuked and the minions hit face and continue to gain cumulative value.

Pooya

the idea is to play it when there is no board to trade into it, I think it's meh tech, better than nothing. Basically shut downs miracle turn too, you can't play gadget and play spells. You pop a iceblock play this, you can be sure that you can't get burned down. Protect your board against brawl and similar potentially. That's a decent effect. Sure it's a worse Loatheb but you gotta take what you can. I think it could have easily been a 5 drop since the effect is symmetrical. 6 seems too much. Still it's not easy for mage/rogue/druid to remove this. It's much better than it might seems. It could stick around and result in a lot of damage. Even if it's traded into, it means that you prevented some tempo face push turn.

Lord of the arena comparison? gotta be joking.

I wish it wasn't epic though, a card like this could change arena meta game.

Considering the current meta game I think the card is a bit safe. You could make it cost 5 or make the effect like cost 5 more. It's a bit weak.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
This card isn't the next coming of Loatheb (a card that had a powerful effect AND good stats for cost). It has an annoying effect which you can build your deck around to negate, so that's a plus. However the stats for cost is quite bad (Boulderfist Ogre is 6/7 for 6 y'all so this is 3 stat points down), so you are RELYING on that effect to have some value. Which it will in some cases and won't in others.

Another card which seems good in arena (get fucked Mages), but probably not worth it in constructed. In constructed, you're not going to reliably face opponents that this will significantly harm at that mana cost. For 6 (or 7) a Mage can still fireball this away and slam their board of cheap minions into your face. Most classes will have an answer by the time you can play this on curve. While it is a nice thing to exist to curb stuff like Freeze Mage in wild, I don't think this card sees meaningful play beyond cases like that where you can be sure the opponent is doing a heavy spell strategy.

wiibomb

Of course, the idea is to run this on a minion based deck, not on a mage.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't get why the enemy has a board full of cheap minions to trade with in these scenarios.

That should be the strength of your deck.

sibarraz

Banned
Nerubian looks like a counter to mage and mage alone. maybe paladin too if they start using high energy cards. I don't think it will see a lot of play, but it will definitely be a tech card of choice in certain instances.

Would you actually run this in a control deck so incredibly slow that your opponent has used very few burn cards and had ample time to play Medivh?

Most of those decks would be using enough of their own spells to not want to play this.

In your scenario, you would have to be playing it in a deck where you're not flooding the board and using it to cover from board clears, which seems incorrect to me.

I thought that I made it pretty obvious that it was a joke about how people judge cards

Top Bottom