• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

gutshot

N'Zoth is rotating out next year though. What old card is Umbra? The only Umbra I can think of is the new Spiritsinger Umbra card from Un'goro.

Yeah, sure. But that is almost 10 months from now. Lots of time for N'Zoth to be a huge part of the post-Frozen Throne meta.

And yeah, I was talking about Spiritsinger Umbra. I meant "old" in the sense that it is a card that has already been released.

FeD.nL

yup.

even for the opponent. a high risk card, because it could boost the enemy, or it could kill my own minions, whatever I chose.

Lets be honest here. The number of situations where the opponent doesn't know what your choice is are very limited. I really like the mechanic but the choices on this card are very basic and don't really allow for mind games in many situations. But it's something new and I can see why they're being conservative.

wiibomb

Lets be honest here. The number of situations where the opponent doesn't know what your choice is are very limited. I really like the mechanic but the choices on this card are very basic and don't really allow for mind games in many situations. But it's something new and I can see why they're being conservative.

aha, and what if I clearly know the situation of my board and my situation and try to counter any potential decision from my opponent?

it's clear that this can work as a disruptive tool for my opponent to try and make an awkward trade.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Why would Hadronox bring back Druid of the Claw but not Ancient of War? Aren't they both Choose Ones that may or may not result in a taunt minion?

Ancient of War's taunt is part of an enchantment. Enchantments aren't stored on cards in the graveyard. If Ancient of War is resurrected it comes back as a 5/5 without taunt.

Druid of the Claw is a transformation effect, which means that bear form is a whole different minion from the base. When it is resurrected, it comes back as a 4/6 with taunt.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm team "works with Fandral". I think the text is different to clarify how it works but the mechanic should work the same.

FeD.nL

aha, and what if I clearly know the situation of my board and my situation and try to counter any potential decision from my opponent?

it's clear that this can work as a disruptive tool for my opponent to try and make an awkward trade.

I think the mechanic is super interesting. I don't think this specific card does very interesting things with it. And a situation like you are describing is going to be relatively rare with the choices this card provides.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They keep trying to make control hunter a thing when it will never be a thing.

This is a statement that has been made about:
- Paladin Secrets
- Pirates
- Discard Warlock
- Silence Priest
- Overload

Going by history, people will be screaming for nerfs to Control Hunter daily at some point.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This is a statement that has been made about:
- Paladin Secrets
- Pirates
- Discard Warlock
- Silence Priest
- Overload

Going by history, people will be screaming for nerfs to Control Hunter daily at some point.
You can add Taunt Warrior to the list.

That fatespinner card could even fit into Egg druid. +2/+2 to all minions is like making a Savage Roar permanent. Pretty versatile card.
Yeah, you're right, hella sinergy with Eggs.

Pooya

yeah if they want to force something they can. With these cards though, no...

I think hunter hero card is very good and it is the first meaningful step toward that end, it needs more support that I think it will come, maybe not now but it will eventually.

I'll wait for more paladin cards to judge this expansion.

I hope Cenarius becomes relevant one of these days again or Kun for that matter, I have both of them just sitting around wasting dust right now.

Pooya

paladin leg

UwvPCJE.jpg

7jkBccO.png

yqN78It.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3purRTR4PE4

Lich King mission

Beat him with 9 classes, get Arthas paladin hero.

Pooya

corpsetaker seems great.

getting taunt and DS is very easy in paladin.

Just put Al'Akir in your deck, 3 of them are activated.

Pooya

from the video it looks like Bolvar has to be on board to get buffed right? It doesn't work like OG Bolvar. Seems really bad...

Arthas looks great bw.

wiibomb

again, bolvar as bad as it was before, sad.

corpetaker is dope, though. love that.

the weapon might have use, but I'm not sure since palading has now 3 useful weapons to use now.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
corpsetaker seems great.

getting taunt and DS is very easy in paladin.

Just put Al'Akir in your deck, 3 of them are activated.

Just play Wickerflame Burnbristle and you get Divine Shield, Taunt and Lifesteal!

1 card gives all 3 and he's only 3 mana too!

Pooya

With corpsetaker existing, I'm going to guess there won't be any neutral card that has a combination of lifesteal plus one other keyword, it could create a very good midrange neutral package.

Right now any class can play Sunwalker or Psychotron to get taunt/divine shield from this, those cards are weak though so it's not that good. I want to see if there is neutral lifesteal, probably nothing good.

fertygo

You having troùble curving to corpsetaker from wickerflame is a bummer becase that's the powerplay

Oh well maybe there is another lifesteal minion that could work

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Blood Knight about to get off the hook!

Really liking the new cards, they seem to be a bit "high skill"... which wont matter since its gonna be an Aggro fiesta as always.

Top Bottom