• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
With Arthas, Paladin will now have 3 Hero skins just like Mage.
Priest, Hunter, Warrior, Rogue, and Shaman all have 2.

Warlock and Druid still have 1. FeelsWarlockMan FeelsDruidMan

Magnus

I guess they will be using new set releases to release new heroes.

So Un'goro had Maiev, TFT has Arthas... maybe next set has Kael'thas? These are all main characters of war3 TFT campaign. He can kinda pass as a warlock hero if not mage.

lol naaah - he's very bound up in mage lore. Wouldn't fit as a lock, unfortunately. I know they've done some stretches, like having Vol'jin show up as a priest legendary, but honestly, there's nothing really demonic or shadow-magicky about Kael, except his temporary allegiance with Kil'jaeden...right?

It sucks too, because he'd make an excellent candidate for a hero, with tons of glib dialogue and such, but we have 3 mage heroes already. I mean, I'd rather have him there than not at all, and not wasted as just a legendary card. Although I think they should just go ahead and allow existing heroes to also be legendary cards and vice versa. Already happened with Medivh and (sorta) Rag.

Yeah, it's really time for those two to get one more each. Ideal candidates would be Wilfrid Fizzlebang (I know he's a card, who cares) or Kanrethad Ebonlocke for Warlock, and some Tauren for Druid. I'm not familiar enough with Tauren characters to know who the chief druids are there.

Pooya

lol naaah - he's very bound up in mage lore. Wouldn't fit as a lock, unfortunately. I know they've done some stretches, like having Vol'jin show up as a priest legendary, but honestly, there's nothing really demonic or shadow-magicky about Kael, except his temporary allegiance with Kil'jaeden...right?

Blood elves all run on fel energy anyway and Kael'thas in particular had demonic powers. He's like fire mage/warlock.

Magnus

Scroll down here, and check out the list of all released cards.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/guides/2963-knights-of-the-frozen-throne-hearthstones-sixth

Why do Priests always get their shit revealed last...? :(

Blood elves all run on fel energy anyway and Kael'thas in particular has demonic powers. He's like fire mage/warlock.

Don't Blood Elves run on standard magic? They're just addicted. They're kind of like the Nightborne, take 1. Warlocks are really about connections to demons, the Twisting Nether, shadow magic, etc. (I know, we're bordering on semantics territory here, haha). Kael definitely makes use of the Arcane a whole bunch, though.

It sucks too, because he'd make an excellent candidate for a hero, with tons of glib dialogue and such, but we have 3 mage heroes already. I mean, I'd rather have him there than not at all, and not wasted as just a legendary card. Although I think they should just go ahead and allow existing heroes to also be legendary cards and vice versa. Already happened with Medivh and (sorta) Rag.

Yeah, it's really time for those two to get one more each. Ideal candidates would be Wilfrid Fizzlebang (I know he's a card, who cares) or Kanrethad Ebonlocke for Warlock, and some Tauren for Druid. I'm not familiar enough with Tauren characters to know who the chief druids are there.
The Tauren you are looking for is Hamuul Runetotem and I'd love to see him repped in Hearthstone hes such a good character. He was the one who almost died from being burned to death by the Druids of the Flame during the Firelands questline.

Edit: I do wish we'd see more of the horde races represented. Slyvannas Hunter, Voljin Shaman, Carine or Baine Warrior, ect.

my noggenfogger warlock in arena....got noggy to do serious work protecting lethal this game, and after a 20 minute epic of me hanging on by 1 health....the ending....
bro used fire elemental to take out a taunt when i had 1 health left and left me with a board to ko him with XD
https://hsreplay.net/replay/oZ3i4RRSzhusoHTzPqJxQ4

he ancestrial spirited twice on a sunwalker for 3 lives on it lollll. and i had single digit health for double digit turns. praise king noggenfog

Peléo

my noggenfogger warlock in arena....got noggy to do serious work protecting lethal this game, and after a 20 minute epic of me hanging on by 1 health....the ending....
bro used fire elemental to take out a taunt when i had 1 health left and left me with a board to ko him with XD
https://hsreplay.net/replay/oZ3i4RRSzhusoHTzPqJxQ4

Surprised you were able to pull it off from 1-health. He draw so poorly during his last rounds though. Except for the Fire Elemental.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

I need my Hamuul Runetotem, man. This game needs more tauren. Cairne/Baine are like the only named ones in the game.

Peléo;244689981 said:
Surprised you were able to pull it off from 1-health. He draw so poorly during his last rounds though. Except for the Fire Elemental.

him hitting ancestrial spirit on sunwalker for one on t5 with coin, and on 6 and 7 and me having to kill them all with only minions in a class without ping.....was fun trying to play through o_o

They messed up Kael'thas so much in WoW that I could easily see them making him a Warlock despite never actually being one.

Hamuul would be a great druid hero. I'd love Thisalee but too many elves as is.

Let's get Falstad in here while we're at it.

sibarraz

Banned
Got my second 12 wins victory in arena before that, I got an 11 run were I screwed up in the last 2 matches, but here I was able to win most of my matches thanks to meteor, having 2 on your deck really do wonders, and when babling book or cabalist tome give you the third one, your opponent doesn't have much to do

I haven't played arena in an entire year, yet in this week I learned that spikeridged steed and meteor are super busted cards.

Blizzard

Banned
Got my second 12 wins victory in arena before that, I got an 11 run were I screwed up in the last 2 matches, but here I was able to win most of my matches thanks to meteor, having 2 on your deck really do wonders, and when babling book or cabalist tome give you the third one, your opponent doesn't have much to do

I haven't played arena in an entire year, yet in this week I learned that spikeridged steed and meteor are super busted cards.
Paladin and Mage in general are top choices. If only the game offered me them I'd love to practice. :p

ZeroX03

Banned
Drafted the weirdest fucking Mage deck. Five secrets and an Ethereal Arcanist. Barely anything else of note. Managed to draw them all and won when my Arcanist snowballed up to 13/13.

Deck is total trash otherwise, no bombs. e: yep 3-3 and I'm out

There was a new Warrior card reviled;

MbrQhOx.png

When you play a minion, deal 1 Damage to it.

Not 100% sure on the translation just yet.

I think that translation might be incorrect but I'm not sure. I'm also seeing "After you play a minion, deal 1 damage to it."

Waiting on something official at this point.

Pooya

it has its uses but I don't think you want to pick this in arena.

One use you can find for it is with blood warrior/sudden genesis. I think they want to make those cards a thing eventually. This is a reasonable activator.

Seems like a damn good card for Wild, especially in regards to Patron Warrior. Then again I'm not sure it's necessarily even needed and since it's "play" and not "summon" it's fairly limited in that regard too.

Pretty nice with Acolyte of Pain though.

Blizzard

Banned
I got offered Mage 1 out of 12 runs in a row now.
Dear diary -- 1 out of 14 consecutive arena runs with Mage offered. Warrior + shaman have been my options in 3 out of 4 arena runs in a row.

My most recent arena pack gave me an Un'Goro legendary. I have 4/23 Un'Goro legendaries, and it was a dupe.

I suppose there's no chance of the Warrior quest getting nerfed, is there? It's hard to resist just dusting it.

Triz

Previous Arena high was 10 wins. Hit 11 tonight with a Paladin deck with 0 Spikeridge Steed (2 Stonehill Defenders carrying it.)

Turn 7 coin dinosize, turn 8 dinosize from opponent ruined my 12-2 dream.

I was coming to post something similar as above. My previous best was 8-3. But got to 11-2 tonight, but then got wrecked by the final guy...

K5uwgxf.png

This is only my 13th Arena after coming back after about a 6 month break, so 12 Wins may happen soon. My best 6 months ago was 6-3, so I am either getting better, or running into loads of totally new players due to the current promotion.

Also, I have grown to love tracking stats :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That's super gross in wild, lol.

I'm glad there's a zoo oriented one drop that is bad on turn one atleast.

Pooya

seems decent, you need more expendable minions in warlock though. There is no good way to summon imps anymore. New egg is ok but it's not enough. Same goes for the 4 drop adapt we got. I played zoo in wild, the card is insane but in standard it's very hard to use.

The card looks okay but... honestly I don't think it's that good and it might not see play based on the current cards we know.

I'll walk that back a little. There is still the devilsaur egg. BUT, I'm still doubtful.

So here is the deal. It's not a 3/3 for 1 mana. It's not a 3/3 at all. It's more like a 2/2 because you're probably removing 1/1 from your board to play this thing. It's not better than flame imp.

I think that the double adapt card is better than this and that doesn't see play.

Well I've seen enough to put another $50 down for packs. I think the free adventure stuff put me over the edge. Some of the new mechanics look great so far.

Top Bottom