• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Blizzard

Banned
hearthstone_1u0qvr.png

Divine shield tutor, seems interesting but with poor stats. Guaranteed wickerflame if you build your deck that way, but I assume you'll want more than one divine shield minion.

rahji

I don't really like that divine shield mechanic where you sacrifice your divine shield to gain something else. I think the divine shield itself is more useful for trading on the board. But we will see.

btw openend a pack from the watch & learn quest: It had captain greenskin in it! I guess 400 additional dust before the new expansion!

Pooya

maybe you can build some hand buff shield paly deck but yeah, stonehill just pulls a big dude anyway with way better stats.

Fewr

Is there any chance for a physical release of the comics? Is there any precedent in other blizzard games where they've done this?

fertygo

Its not like if the set power level is lower it its all doomed anyway.. meta still quite diverse.. big percentage of new card still gonnaade it to the meta etc.

I dont get the reasoning some of you worry

If anything if every set power creeped every previous one its lead to really bad spot for the ame as I learned in other game that I played

Its more ìmportant for every new set to set apart than previous one than just simply had high power level

Pooya

yeah be glad they're not dumb asses like cygames. The game is in a very balanced state right now, more than ever it has been so what they should be doing is to try and create completely new things rather than oh this card is so OP I'm just going to slot it in an already good deck. So far we haven't seen anything like that. That's good. It's just that new things have to stand up to previous things rather replace them through powercreep and obsolescence.

So far we have seen freeze synergy for shaman, it's completely new. More divine shield support, while this is not new it's not been a thing yet. These are good to see. The expansion need to be mostly these things.

Last thing you want to see is more OP cards you insert into mage or jade druid and just crush everything. Happened last year with Kara and shaman cards, that was so fun... Other than warlock who needs some OP cards right now, other classes just need completely new things and cards that support existing niche decks and make them better, not general purpose no drawback cards.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Its not like if the set power level is lower it its all doomed anyway.. meta still quite diverse.. big percentage of new card still gonnaade it to the meta etc.

I dont get the reasoning some of you worry

If anything if every set power creeped every previous one its lead to really bad spot for the ame as I learned in other game that I played

Its more ìmportant for every new set to set apart than previous one than just simply had high power level

But if very few of the cards are good enough to see play you end up in a TGT situation.

Pooya

lots of cards will see play don't worry. The card pool is very small right now and there are not that many options in most classes. TGT had to compete with broken sets like Naxx and GVG. They simply had to powercreep those for new cards to work and they couldn't possibly do that. Power level of decks are very low right now specially in mid game. The end game value cards they've revealed are probably not good enough so far compared with what we have but elsewhere it probably won't be hard to make new cards good. So far all 4-5 cost cards they've revealed are easily more than good enough to see play. Don't focus on big guys, those have been largely irrelevant in this game.

Eurogamer's card:

asdsadasdjoo4i.jpg

Venomstrike Trap is a two-cost Hunter secret which summons a 2/3 Poisonous Cobra when one of your minions gets attacked. The Cobra will then have the poison mechanic, meaning any minion which attacks it will be killed at the same time, however strong it is.

Blizzard designers engineered the card to pair up well with already-revealed Hunter legendary Professor Putricide. That card places a random Hunter Secret from your deck into play every time you play any other Secret.

"Near the beginning of Un'Goro we saw a Secret Hunter variant that was quite a bit of fun to play," Blizzard told us. "This secret along with Putricide should help that archetype."

wiibomb

well hunter needed another 1 or 2 secrets for putricide to work well, I'm glad about this, although, I gotta say this isn't such a new mechanic or something, its exactly snaketrap, but somewhat better.

That's not what is written on Professor Putricide, it doesn't stipulate from your deck. Am I incorrect?

what do you mean? putricide works with secrets summoned from the hand, but he does summon random ones. The idea is that this is something that could be put in played by putricide, which is pretty much the idea of the concept of this secret.

gutshot

Not bad. It's not as good as Cat Trick. More on par with Bear Trap; sometimes better (it guarantees a 1-for-1 trade with whatever attacks into it), sometimes worse (it doesn't protect your board or face). Maybe run it as a 1-of in Secret Hunter alongside Freezing and Cat Trick.

I agree with Firebat from the recent OmniStone though. Hunter isn't going to come back into the meta until it gets a better way to contend in the early game. It could really use another Glaivezooka-type weapon.

Anilones

what do you mean? putricide works with secrets summoned from the hand, but he does summon random ones. The idea is that this is something that could be put in played by putricide, which is pretty much the idea of the concept of this secret.

Eurogamer suggested that the Prof works like Mad Scientist, but I understand that he randomly generates a secret.

The secret is randomly generated - Eurogamer made a mistake.

That Hunter card is great. The Paladin one is solid. In Wild, I expect people to have Tirion 100% of the time on curve if this sees play.

TankUP

Official name is Animated Berserker

I don't know if it'll see play, but it's an interesting warrior card with a ton of synergies for existing cards that already see play in warrior. It has an upside if you build your deck to take advantage of what it does and it doesn't even get a stat penalty. Probably won't see play in Cwar, despite the acolyte and Grommash synergies, but could see play in a midrange or tempo list.

I guess I'm coming around to this set--even the bad warrior cards are at least interesting. They haven't yet revealed any cards as bad as Public Defender. Maybe with Taunt Warrior finally a thing and Handbuff seemingly abandoned, Warrior won't get so many shitty cards from now on.

New Warlock card.

Good. Potentially nuts if they print strong cheap deathrattles for it to combo with. Zoo needs a lot more than this to come back, though. Druid, Shaman, and Paladin all do the "flood the board with small minions" thing a lot better than zoo can, what zoo really wants is some kind of burst to finish the game. Maybe a spell that buffs a minion for a turn and then destroys it?

Tutors are super strong. Funny that it doesn't have Arcanologist stats but this card sees play, if only to draw Tirion in midrange/control lists. The main thing I find concerning is the 3 spot in paladin is already pretty crowded. Aggro/bubble paladin wants the draw but the stats are so bad for it's mana cost I don't think aggro can use it.

Potentially a super annoying secret, especially if it's randomly generated.

Hybris

I just want murlocs to go away... I know they aren't because megasaur and rockpool are carrying the archetype hard and they just got here, but the 1-2-3-4 that paladin can pull is disgusting. You can't just throw hungry crabs into every deck to fight it. Losing on turn 4 sucks

I just want murlocs to go away... I know they aren't because megasaur and rockpool are carrying the archetype hard and they just got here, but the 1-2-3-4 that paladin can pull is disgusting. You can't just throw hungry crabs into every deck to fight it. Losing on turn 4 sucks

same and I say this as a paladin main.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
That paladin card seems amazing. It tutors for Tirion and/or Wickerflame?

Why would anyone not play it? The stats are bad, but seriously it might as well read - draw Tirion on it. You don't want play it on curve, but with those stats you probably wouldn't want to anyhow. The card seems great, AND it feeds the effects that seem to the paladin theme of using divine shields for stuff.

Why would anyone not play it? The stats are bad, but seriously it might as well read - draw Tirion on it. You don't want play it on curve, but with those stats you probably wouldn't want to anyhow. The card seems great, AND it feeds the effects that seem to the paladin theme of using divine shields for stuff.

I feel like there is a large percentage chance to draw Tirion by the time you need to play him, so playing a low stat Turn 3 card, and putting yourself in a bad position on the board, to hopefully play Tiron 5 turns after to try and catch up with the board, and get yourself in a better position, might not be as good as it initially looks

It's good no doubt but they made it as terrible as possible seemingly. Understatted/overcosted means it doesn't do much when you're being beat down and that you can't play it and Tirion on the same turn. It has no synergies in and off itself being no murloc and not having divine shield itself.

All that said I'll still take it.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's good no doubt but they made it as terrible as possible seemingly. Understatted/overcosted means it doesn't do much when you're being beat down and that you can't play it and Tirion on the same turn. It has no synergies in and off itself being no murloc and not having divine shield itself.

All that said I'll still take it.

A little anti synergy with corpsetaker as well but doubtful corpsetaker really gets played i suppose.

wiibomb

I wouldn't say that tutor paladin card is bad because of its stats, the whole idea of arcanologist is to make an extra draw, this is accomplishing that, just because it has -1 stat doesn't mean it's necessarily bad.

however, I think this might be played in decks without corpsetaker, because of the antisynergy. or at least it could be mulliganed if corpetaker in on opening hand.

it isn't quite as strong as arcanologist, but it is still strong.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I wouldn't say that tutor paladin card is bad because of its stats, the whole idea of arcanologist is to make an extra draw, this is accomplishing that, just because it has -1 stat doesn't mean it's necessarily bad.

however, I think this might be played in decks without corpsetaker, because of the antisynergy. or at least it could be mulliganed if corpetaker in on opening hand.

it isn't quite as strong as arcanologist, but it is still strong.

One less stat and one more mana than arcanologist.

Top Bottom