• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Blizzard

Banned
A warlock played Doomsayer and I replied with Dirty Rat, pulling his Jaraxxus. That's the first good use of Dirty Rat I've had, unlike the time I pulled that dino that eats everything summoned (including the Dirty Rat).

Unfortunately it was a warlock, so even with a board full of 5/5's he could simply use felfire potion or twisting nether and counter with 9 HP minion(s). :(

Quest rogue forgets to attack with 5/5 Patches and then loses game to quest warrior who has 3 health left.

I had a Quest Rogue clear only half of my board as Pirate Warrior and then ended their turn with a board full of 5/5s instead of killing me.

They assumed I didn't have lethal at that point but I picked up my Heroic Strike and laughed.

I had to start from 25 as I hadn't played in a couple of months, but Midrange Beast Hunter and Pirate Warrior got me back to 15 which is cool.

I Want to try Eloise's Miracle Rogue and some Murloc decks too but I just keep winning.

Blizzard

Banned
I had a Quest Rogue clear only half of my board as Pirate Warrior and then ended their turn with a board full of 5/5s instead of killing me.

They assumed I didn't have lethal at that point but I picked up my Heroic Strike and laughed.

I had to start from 25 as I hadn't played in a couple of months, but Midrange Beast Hunter and Pirate Warrior got me back to 15 which is cool.

I Want to try Eloise's Miracle Rogue and some Murloc decks too but I just keep winning.
As long as you keep playing Pirate Warrior you'll have that "I just keep winning" problem, yes. :p

Zakalwe

Banned
Elemental Paladin is really fun. Being able to generate/buff Elementals so easily means you can throw out some ridiculous hands (most I've had was 4 x 3/4 at 1 mana each, want to see how high I can go!).

Not sure which I prefer yet out of this of Elemental Shaman, but I'm glad I built both.

scarlet

Just got my 5th legendary, a warrior quest from pack number 71. Quite lucky there's no duplicate (priest quest, warlock quest, zavas, ozruk, and warrior quest)

Ladekabel

Really liking the Elemental package. At worst it's Curvestone but there is also some thinking and predictions going on when you plan your play for the next turn and drop an Elemental.

What's everyone's opinion on Malkorok? Since I don't have every card for Kibler's Curator Quest Warrior I put in a Grom and Malkorok since the latter has only two real bad outcomes with Light's Justice and Molten Blade imo. Am I forgetting something?

FeD.nL

Sunkeeper Tarim is quickly becoming my favourite card. Have him in elemental Paladin and while at first glance you think he doesn't have synergy with the deck he's actually super clutch in most games. Fantastic card.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow, I'm surprised how solid the elemental handbuff pally feels. Igneous is extremely good here, does a lot to fix up smaller hands to get wide buffs on.

ZeroX03

Banned
About my 50th pack, finally got my second Legendary. Pulled the Rogue Quest, so I guess that's a sign...

I'm on like 10 losing streak with Exodia Mage. I've fallen into the weird part of Casual where it's all sorts of crazy decks.

scarlet

Finally won against quest mage. He had alex and 2 arcane giants. But luckily I had ice barrier and he couldn't kill me.

MrDenny

Just played a very satisfying game.
Opponent immediately coins and plays primal fin totem, then goes on to play another primal fin totem, murloc tide hunter, murloc quest.
I was playing an agro mage so I just kept casting spells to his face, while he was stuck with a full weak board.
My last two turns I finally play minions and finish him off with leeroy.

Nordicus

too soon to ask for a rogue quest nerf? it is starting to get ridiculous
Naah, it's like a more radical Jade deck.

Early bad tempo turned into pure durdle, and late good tempo turned into 5/5s out of thin air. Aggro beats it and I suppose as one difference to jade druid comparison, it seems to punish unoptimized midrange lists rather than proper control.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The main thing I'm disliking about Token Paladin is a third of the meta running Fan of Knives and simple Rogue Hero Power.

Is a real cool deck otherwise.

Haven't really managed to settle on any specific decks so far, been trying out a few things. Problem is I don't want to craft anything just yet so I've let what I opened on launch day dictate what decks I've played.

Quest Rogue (opened the Quest, feel obliged to play it) - It seems pretty all or nothing when I play it, I either have a a board of 5/5's by turn 5 or 6 or a shitty early game gets me steamrollered. When it clicks it's OP as f*ck, but it can misfire... unlike something like Pirate Warrior where you can still win even with a shitty opening hand.

Elemental SHAY-man (opened Kalimos) - Probably the deck I'm enjoying the most, but bugger me does it have no early game. Turn 6 onwards is great, throwing activated Elemental's down left and right, but aggro tears you a new one.

Scumbag Hunter (opened... um, Babbling Bird?) - After losing to aggro Hunter decks on more than a few occasions, I gave it a try. You feel like an asshole while you play it, but beating down an Exodia Mage with a 8/4 Scavenging Hynea on turn 6 is strangely arousing.

Yo, this quest rogue has sap and tar creeper. WTF.

I used Sap against early Edwin's. Can't remember if I took it out, though.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I turn on thijs stream and see a legend 59 rank Murloc Paladin vs legend 136 rank Purify Priest. Weird times we live in.

Nice to see a streamer finally try Murloc Paladin out. I'm sure it was going to happen eventually even if bad but I think it is a pretty good deck.

I think I need to put Hydrologist back in. It did win me a couple games when I got it off Primalfin Lookout. Really nice to have an option for Repentance, Noble Sacrifice, Redemption, or Getaway Kodo. They're all very situational, and so the discover buffs them a ton. It's like Journey Below being good for rogue just as a way to get Anub'rak for instant win against certain decks, without having to run it outright.

Adaptation and the 2/6 Taunt buff is an interesting idea.

ScribbleD

Pirate warrior is all around more fun to play in Un'goro. Golakka crawler and Bittertide Hydra are fun additions, and other decks have way more options to deal with pw pressure now.

Ghazi

This expansion feels like it's really fucking me over as an F2P player, think I might actually be done with the game now.

Measley

Anyone know any good decks with Lyra the Lightshard? I pulled a golden one, and I think its too beautiful to dust.

I ran into a Elemental Priest using him, and he was just spamming Priest spells. Thought that was pretty slick.

bjaelke

Anyone know any good decks with Lyra the Lightshard? I pulled a golden one, and I think its too beautiful to dust.

I ran into a Elemental Priest using him, and he was just spamming Priest spells. Thought that was pretty slick.

QwBeAMm.png

Very good at dealing with aggro and bursting down people.

Badgerst3

Rogue quest with Violet Teacher- so totally fucking broken.

Unfun and unbeatable. Destroyed by 5 straight Rogues.

Great job Blizzard.

Game is permanently broken until some kind of nerf.

rdytoroll

What do you guys think? I have 20€ to spend. Buy 15 UnGoro packs or all Karazhan wings? I'm pretty casual and running a budget Midrange Hunter build atm.

I don't like Violet Teacher in quest rogue at all, it's such a win more card. It doesn't help beat difficult MUs and it doesn't advance your quest. Moroes I somewhat get but am not a huge fan of either.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What do you guys think? I have 20€ to spend. Buy 15 UnGoro packs or all Karazhan wings? I'm pretty casual and running a budget Midrange Hunter build atm.

Karazhan. It's required for Hunter, Mage, Rogue, and Shaman.

Also, you can get a lot of dust if you're ok with disenchanting stuff like Medhiv or Malchazar

Top Bottom