• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

TankUP

On live or in the Un'goro meta? Hunters can certainly snowball if they get the board but they are usually fairly easy to slow down compared to other aggro decks. Depends on class / deck / mulligan I guess.

There's an inverse relationship between ranks and hunter's win rate.

Hunter has the highest win-rate in the game at rank 20-10 or so, and the higher you go in the ranks the lower Hunter's win rate is.

Do low ranked people play greedier decks that Hunter punishes? Or do they not know how to conserve their life total vs hunter hero power? Do they not play around hunter's burst from hand? I couldn't tell you the reason for this statistic but I find it super interesting.

What I can tell you is Hunter is my second highest win rate class of all time according to Track o bot, and that's because I only play it on my f2p account in the garbage ranks.

Schnauzer

So Jade druid appears better than ever...which I am regretting.

Holy smokes, unexpectedly I am having extreme success with Dragon Priest again.

manhack

How on earth is ultimate infestation a thing in druid. It just doesn't make sense they'd give it there, where they already have mana ramp, tons of card draw, health gains, and innervate.

edit:
lmao just got UI off hallucination with prep in hand.

Yeah the fact that most of these decks are trading gadgetzan auctioneer for Ultimate Infestation say a lot about how good it is. I mean gadgetzan was part of what made Jade Druid so broken and they don't even need it anymore...

Okay, dunno why people think rogue is gonna be weak? I'm 8-1 so far. Just broke into rank 1, closing in on legend.

Lost once due to a fucking ultimate infestation top deck of this guy's life the same turn I played valeera DK so he couldn't push face damage but I also happened to have a minion on board. I mean shit, that 5 draw is broken imho. It should draw like 2 cards max cause you're getting 5 health, a 5/5 minion, and 5 damage. That much stuff in a single card shouldn't also get that many draws.

Pooya

just beat a priest and he has anduin and jade idol crusher, two obsidians. Still lost to jade druid, ayy lmao.

turns out when I have 10 mana at turn 6 and draw my entire deck, it's pretty good.

reminds of me divine favor back in the day, people teched to beat eboaladin but when they drew their entire with one card, your control deck gets outvalued every time.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I saw an interesting use of the Rogue DK used against me. They used their copy card to copy all their jade stuff so they'd get much better jades than they've normally get. Also doubled up on Vilespine Slayer

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
I want to love Frost Lich Jaina but the Fire and Ice deck is not working for me. Anyone has a good decklist?

TankUP

Exhibit A in why you should cut Auctioneer from your Jade Druid lists and run Ultimate Infestation instead:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/dXBER98Jwc5Tiw8g9Pvgmn

Couldn't have had nearly as good of a start if I had Auctioneer in my hand. Instead I had 10 crystals and a nearly empty hand on turn 5 and was able to, on that turn, remove a threat, refill my hand, gain life AND get board. This card is fucking nuts. It's early but this feels like a contender for one of the strongest cards ever printed.

I won on turn 10, having drawn my entire deck at that point.

scarlet

I guess I have to craft Fandral and UI. Stil has around 7k dust.

It's been hit and miss for me. Really dependent on what I draw. You're finding it consistent? I mean, when it works, damn is it ever punishing.

Yup, I haven't lost since rank 9, and almost rank 4 now. I keep <5 mana cards especially Raza in my mulligan.

Are you losing to aggro?

Owzers

### Stay Puft
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 1x (3) Feral Rage
# 2x (3) Jade Blossom
# 1x (4) Barnes
# 1x (4) Bright-Eyed Scout
# 1x (4) Mire Keeper
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (5) Spreading Plague
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Jade Behemoth
# 1x (6) Moat Lurker
# 1x (7) Bog Creeper
# 2x (7) Giant Anaconda
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (9) Hadronox
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
# 1x (10) Ultimate Infestation
# 1x (10) Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound
#
AAECAZICDvIFqKsCvqsC4KwChq0Cvq4CqbQChbgClL0CiMECyccCh84Cws4Cr9MCCEBf/gHkCMu8At2+Aq7CAqDNAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Yeah I made a deck. Consistency!

Crafted golden Lich King and regular Yshaarj, time to regret things. Any thoughts? Weapon removal would be nice. Druid Quest?

5zAYbkY.jpg

Deal three heal three? And for zero mana? Sounds like a pretty great priest hero power :p

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Jade Druid needs to be taken behind the barn and get shot fuck this deck only damn thing im facing in rank 8.

Gonna have to wait for Fandral Staghelm to rotate out. That should help ease their cards like norish and wrath.

Norish in particular is OP with Stag right now to help ramp up.

sibarraz

Banned
Nourish is more op now since now you really don't have to think which one to pick. Just ramp your mana and ultimate infestation will compensate the draw card

Gonna have to wait for Fandral Staghelm to rotate out. That should help ease their cards like norish and wrath.

Norish in particular is OP with Stag right now to help ramp up.
Fandral Nourish happens once in a high moon. It's a 9 mana play after all. Most of his value is in upgrading wrath and the threat he projects.

Nourish as a 5 mana draw 3 is perfectly in line of cards drawn per mana, just like draw 2s for 3. If post rotation druid still wants to draw the majority of their deck Nourish is going to be played just the same.

I disagree that you always want to ramp with Nourish now. It's a much easier choice than before but it's still an important decision point.

Spent 3400 dust to make the updated Jade Druid. Part of the problem!

How on earth is ultimate infestation a thing in druid. It just doesn't make sense they'd give it there, where they already have mana ramp, tons of card draw, health gains, and innervate.

edit:
lmao just got UI off hallucination with prep in hand.

"Hmm, how can we make the Druid Quest work?"
*prints Ultimate Infestation*
*only sees play in Jade Druid*

Soon the hearthstone reddit and forums will be a mist with tears. Because the druid virus will spread like a... what the word for it. It'll spread like a wave? No. It'll spread like... well there is no word for it.

Spent 3400 dust to make the updated Jade Druid. Part of the problem!

"Hmm, how can we make the Druid Quest work?"
*prints Ultimate Infestation*
*only sees play in Jade Druid*

I've seen it in ramp druid too though. Mostly druid being played atm. I think ramp druid beats jade druid cause of deathwing and just so many bombs.

f0lken

Want a good counter vs Jade Druid?, I climbed all the way from rank 11 to 4 facing mostly druids and some warlocks, but I won like 15 straight games against Jades. Also if you somehow face too much agro replace toughtsteals with shadow word:horror. I honestly feel very proud of this deck :D

scarlet

I'm considering to remove elise from my deck and replace it with holy nova/kabal songstealer/novice engineer

I don't need the pack to diluted my combo pieces.

Saw this on HS forums, thought it was funny.

Ultimate infestation is like adding

starfire deal 5, draw 1
ancient of lore, draw 1, summon 5/5
shield block, draw 1, gain 5 armor
arcane intellect, draw 2

into a single card for 10 cost.

Fewr

I feel so shit at this game cause I don't dump real money on it. = I do the quests and tavern for packs when possible but still...
I think I see what you mean. I think I'll be spending money to get a good classic base then go f2p with preorders to reach rank 20/15/10 monthly. I don't need to get too far, I think I'd rather watch the pros in the future.

That's what I think right now, it may change in the future. I don't know.

EDIT: I like the game, I think it's tons of fun. I just don't have the time to get too far, so I either curb my expectations or become a small whale.

Top Bottom