• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Mulgrok

that stupid druid 5 mana spell summon 4-5 1/5 taunts is annoying as hell.

EDIT: for 2 mana more than protect the king you get an extra 4 hp per minion. not unbalanced design

Pooya

You know why actually jade druid feels this good compared with other better decks in the game?

Not a single card in the deck says random. It's as consistent as it gets in a card game.

That's going to be the reason why it's going get nerfed over anything else. Last top deck we had with no RNG whatsoever was patron warrior.

Druid class as a whole have next to no random card garbage. This is what I liked about rogue and warrior but they've ruined those, I guess RNGification of druid is next on their agenda.

Ultimate Infestation = 10 mana add 5 random druid cards to your hand.

You know why actually jade druid feels this good compared with other better decks in the game?

Not a single card in the deck says random. It's as consistent as it gets in a card game.

That's going to be the reason why it's going get nerfed over anything else. Last top deck we had with no RNG whatsoever was patron warrior.

Druid class as a whole have next to no random card garbage. This is what I liked about rogue and warrior but they've ruined those, I guess RNGification of druid is next on their agenda.

or they've been getting powerful cards for a while now and UI just is the most broken of them all?

I just got hit with ultimate infestation on turn fucking 5 and I was ahead on board but then I was behind in both cards and board.

Dahbomb

No randomness was one of the reasons why I played Handlock to begin with. The two most random cards in that deck weren't even defining to the deck, it was Ragnaros and Sylvanas which are now HoF.

And Druid being good right now has more to do with UI. It is the Druid version of pre nerf Call of the Wild, it just does too much. We already have Pirate Warrior as a non random deck.

Do you say less RNG because they are drawing the whole deck? Because Pirate Warrior has low RNG and has been top for a long time now, it just doesn't draw the whole deck.

Kibler said Ultimate Infestation was being overrated and wouldn't see that much play. Just didn't impact the board immediately enough for a 10 drop. Be cool to get off Yogg though.

Pooya

Do you say less RNG because they are drawing the whole deck? Because Pirate Warrior has low RNG and has been top for a long time now, it just doesn't draw the whole deck.

pirate warrior has failure rate embedded in some other ways with patches for one.

But yeah, when you just play for 5 turns, mulligan randomness and going 1st/2nd are huge factors. That basically is a failure system in the deck and that's what Blizzard likes.

Druid like patron just drew their whole deck while managing board and none of their cards said random, they do what they aim to do every game, that's the difference. It is very unlikely that they brick and they actually did beat both aggro and control. UI removes almost any variance and brick chance. You just gotta kill them quickly and killing druid is harder than tank up warrior, holy shit.

Kibler said Ultimate Infestation was being overrated and wouldn't see that much play. Just didn't impact the board immediately enough for a 10 drop. Be cool to get off Yogg though.

When you play it with Kun or like on turn 6, it's a lot of board impact. He didn't see this part.

btw Kibler, Blood Queen is as terrible as it looked like, possibly worse even.

Zealous should make a counter counter video to Kibler's counter video. lol Turns out community was actually right.

scarlet

Finally lost to jade druid, lost to Yogg to be exact.

Edit:

PmWNztM.jpg

Not only I used his DK card, but I summoned a demon too. Which I actually didn't remember how I did that.

Velen + spirit lash saved me, +16 health with 4 minions on board.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Druid card draw wouldn't be so bad if jades didn't ramp up as you played without a mana cost change along with the fact that your staple jade card is 1 mana to begin with.

If you were just using it to draw other high cost cards it wouldn't be as bad. Instead you can help board clear, get a 5/5 minion, and draw a bunch of low cost high value idols.

Plus UI as others have said takes out the variance and combo nature that you needed for auctioneer to work.

TankUP

I'm just playing Jade Druid to get to the rank floor so I can experiment with new cards without tanking my rank. I guess that makes me "mentally weak trash" LOL

That midrange list Kolento hit #1 legend with is supposed to be better than jade druid because it has the same good match-ups as Jade Druid while being heavily favored against Jade Druid.

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/kolentos-kft-midrange-bonemare-plague-druid/

Seems like everyone under-rated Ultimate Infestation, even the people who said it was an awesome card.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah... Jade is pretty good. I wonder if the solution to it tho is to give up all these sweet new cards and go back to Pirate warrior. Cause that deck will probably still trounce it.

Pooya

Yeah... Jade is pretty good. I wonder if the solution to it tho is to give up all these sweet new cards and go back to Pirate warrior. Cause that deck will probably still trounce it.

pretty sure pw is like 50-50 at best against jade, if they play plague and malfurion, it's basically so much hp for pw to ever get through. Those come down early with ramp and innervate.

What you want is some deck that can go wide with high hp minions like paladin, something druid can't remove. Shaman should be good too, my opponents have been throwing hard. This guy evolved his cairne into Anomalus which lost him his entire board lol.

Rogue is certainly not good from the games I've played. They get crushed really hard by the 1/5 taunts and UI. Card advantage adds up quickly and when you have mana advantage they just lose. Malfurion's HP is too much for any burn game plan either, you need repetitive minion damage.

Mulgrok

ultimate infestation probably isn't overpowered, it has rarely been the deciding factor in any of my losses to jade druid. Usually, I win anyway.

Nothing like watching a Goblin Racketeer turn into a Charged Devilsaur with the Battlecry on Deathseer, then watching it get turned into a King Krush with the hero power to take 15 damage in one turn.

And here I thought I was going to win that one.

Not a single card? What about lich king. Just gave my opponent hard removal for van cleef.

Dahbomb

Jade Druid already did well against Taunt Warrior.

It was bad against PW, now PW is no longer a counter pick to Jade Druid as they have 2 new options against PW.

Maybe people can bust out a new Zoo deck that can deal with Druids but I doubt it. I think you kinda had to go with something that goes big and wide to beat Jade Druid, exploit their lack of board clear.

This just goes back to Innervate being busted. Still the highest win rate and most played Druid card ... now and forever.

manhack

Yeah I think we are getting to the point of concern. We need a meta breaker soon. Druid is not OK right now and I'd even have a hard time pointing out a specific card to blame anymore they just have too many tools to dominate most decks that don't kill you on turn 4 a.k.a Druid Turn 8.

Pooya

Not a single card? What about lich king. Just gave my opponent hard removal for van cleef.

the good lists don't play Lich King. It doesn't do much for the deck and works against UI.

Even then that card has only 8 outcomes, it's no primordial glyph.

You don't want to mill your cards, you don't want a card from their deck. You want to do what your deck is designed to do.

the good lists don't play Lich King. It doesn't do much for the deck and works against UI.

Even then that card has only 8 outcomes, it's no primordial glyph.

You don't want to mill your cards, you don't want a card from their deck. You want to do what your deck is designed to do.

Yeah, cause RNG cards never make their way into competitive decks.

Pooya

Maybe people can bust out a new Zoo deck that can deal with Druids but I doubt it. I think you kinda had to go with something that goes big and wide to beat Jade Druid, exploit their lack of board clear.

druid is probably the best class to beat jade druid. Fight fire with fire. Big druid or token should beat it. I haven't seen many of either oddly enough.

Yeah, cause RNG cards never make their way into competitive decks.

I didn't say that. Lich King is just not played in the best list right now. Zalae's is the most popular and best performing one. It's the first days and everyone is putting Lich King in any deck. It's not that good.

Just got the Paladin OTK off, now I never need to do that again.

I still think Lich King generally sucks outside of Frostmourne.

He should have frozen the entire board and both heroes. :p

Just the idea of freeze mage getting another freeze effect before they get their second Ice Block sounds miserable.

Jade Druid already did well against Taunt Warrior.

This just goes back to Innervate being busted. Still the highest win rate and most played Druid card ... now and forever.
Thank you! Innervate is such an oversight, deliberate or not, I can't believe it's been untouched since release and not even people ITT largely want anything done to it.

Taunt Warrior should win if they Geist in time now but they are never gonna run more than one of them.

Innervate might be a core problem for druid? Hm. 2 free mana is pretty huge.

......a nerf I could see with it, is change the cost to 1 mana, and have it give you 2 free mana on the next turn.

druid is probably the best class to beat jade druid. Fight fire with fire. Big druid or token should beat it. I haven't seen many of either oddly enough.

I didn't say that. Lich King is just not played in the best list right now. Zalae's is the most popular and best performing one. It's the first days and everyone is putting Lich King in any deck. It's not that good.

You basically just said RNG cards don't fit in decks because they don't always line up well... but they're often included despite of that.

Infestation killed any drawback from ramping now they are on 10 mana infestation deal 5 dmg to a minion get 5/5 draw 5 cards and your on 5 mana with more then likely less cards in hand, people got sick of Auctioneer and Blizzard made one on steroids.

cackhyena

Innervate might be a core problem for druid? Hm. 2 free mana is pretty huge.

......a nerf I could see with it, is change the cost to 1 mana, and have it give you 2 free mana on the next turn.
Ew.

Spreading plague is too good. Only good counter I've run up against is Devolve.

kirblar

So. Does that "anti jade idol" card just not work?
Why not?
The deck no longer has to chain off auctioneer in the late game. It just casts Infestation and reloads while advancing its board position.

They completely missed that the card was insane somehow.

scarlet

No. He's just no stronger than ysera. Which still means we all overrated him by a whole lot.

I'm happier with ysera cards more often than lich king cards.

I guess we overrated him cuz he's the main character, the lich king. While forgetting 12.5 chance of getting the useful death knight card is not good.

If only some the cards are minions like Ysera. Instead of 5,6 mana spells that rarely useful.

fertygo

I always happy when I play Lich King personally

Its big dude with Taunt on 8

Its as good as I thòùght

I thinķ there is no reaason to plaý tirion òver TĹK if you play Uther instead Nzòth

No Yaboosh he much better than ysera

Rank 5 in record time! :-D

Shoutouts to my super generous final opponent. :)

Its as good as I thòùght

I thinķ there is no reaason to plaý tirion òver TĹK if you play Uther instead Nzòth

Even without N'Zoth, I would rather have the guaranteed 5/3 weapon over the rando card TLK gives you.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Its as good as I thòùght

Choosing lich king over tirion is cray cray.

Miletius

So... I should craft Open the Waygate until the Druid mess is over, I suppose. I'm kinda disappointed that my first craft of Lich King is gonna be an Un'goro card, but on the other hand, I really do enjoy decks like Exodia mage. I'll still have enough for 3 other legendaries after that, so maybe it's worth it.

Pooya

You basically just said RNG cards don't fit in decks because they don't always line up well... but they're often included despite of that.

You're as confused as ever. Yes, best favored decks by pros have zero rng, freeze mage, combo druid, patron and so on. Just because they have to play something doesn't mean they like it.

Top Bottom