• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

kirblar

Mind Control was really aimed at Arena and forcing you to spend your entire turn on the effect.

MC effects are typically the most powerful kind of removal spell in limited formats.

DrkSage

I Kinda need an opinion here. So I made this weird deck here. It's not for serious playing, it's just for fun, but even at making fun decks I suck. The point of this deck is to use and reuse weapons as much as possible with some board control on the side.

2x (1) Deadly Poison
2x (1) Doomerang
2x (1) Hallucination
1x (1) Patches the Pirate
2x (1) Swashburglar
2x (2) Leeching Poison
2x (2) Undercity Huckster
2x (3) Envenom Weapon
2x (3) Fan of Knives
2x (3) Mimic Pod
2x (3) Shadowblade
2x (4) Grave Shambler
2x (4) Phantom Freebooter
2x (4) Runeforge Haunter
2x (5) Assassin's Blade
1x (9) Valeera the Hollow

So runeforge haunter prevents weapon durability loss, grave shambler can be buffed +1+1 with just 2 mana (rouges hero power) and doomerang is amazing for not destroying weapons if haunter isn't played yet. Valera the hollow doesn't fit the deck at all, just placed her there to test how she works. A good card that comes to mind is the lich king, since his weapon (5 -3 resummon minions killed by the weapon) can work amazingly paired with either leaching weapon, envenom weapon, and deadly poison. Doomerang not so much since it will destroy the whole purpose of its death rattle. Anyway can someone give me advice on which cards to change. I don't know which would be better, cards that discover a card from you opponents class or drawing cards.

Lol, just beat a Jade druid who had his jades up to 15 with my Highlander priest. Only because he conceded thinking the 14 jade I used an embrace darkness on was going to give me lethal when it came to my side. He didn't realize it still has to wait a turn to attack. Lucky me.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm getting destroyed in arena.

Usually a 5-6 wins on average. Be lucky if i can get 2 now. Not sure what im doing wrong.

I am super butthurt about the yogg nerf.

I don't play this game anymore, I just follow streamers and you guys.

Yogg was a super fun card to play, not because of its winrate but because of its stupid rng. Yeah I know you guys hate that but I like hearthstone for its incredible production value, entertainment and rng.

Yogg wasn't nerfed because it was op. According to viperhs only mage and Druid had a positive winrate playing yogg.

It was nerfed because people cried and bitched and moaned about the the super positive possible outcome of yogg.

Yeah he can clear the board and heal and build a board but he could also just living wrath, doom, and astral communion your hand away.

The nerf was more because if players feelings and mindsets than statistical winrate.

Blizzard has admitted to this. Mind control at 8 mana want OP, but players cried so much blizzard had to make you guys happy and made it 10 mana.
Yogg's problem is that he basically negates all of the decisions that were made thus far.

He's still playable, though. Reynad had him in Jade Druid. I actually just crafted him. :p

Pooya

I have no idea how hunter is supposed to get through spreading plague ever, like EVER. It's kinda sad watching them try.

Yogg was a super fun card to play, not because of its winrate but because of its stupid rng. Yeah I know you guys hate that but I like hearthstone for its incredible production value, entertainment and rng.

Yogg wasn't nerfed because it was op. According to viperhs only mage and Druid had a positive winrate playing yogg.

It was nerfed because people cried and bitched and moaned about the the super positive possible outcome of yogg.

Yeah he can clear the board and heal and build a board but he could also just living wrath, doom, and astral communion your hand away.

The nerf was more because if players feelings and mindsets than statistical winrate.

Blizzard has admitted to this. Mind control at 8 mana want OP, but players cried so much blizzard had to make you guys happy and made it 10 mana.

So is your strategy here to complain about people complaining and complain that those complaints are listened to on occasion?

Or is there something else I'm missing?

Zoggy

Mind Control was really aimed at Arena and forcing you to spend your entire turn on the effect.

MC effects are typically the most powerful kind of removal spell in limited formats.
Acting like blizzard cares about arena.

Here's another tangent.

Viscious fledgling was never that Op in arena. Turn 3 3/3 was the optimal situation. That's not that hard to deal with.

But people cried about the one time VF eventually turned into a 12/6 windfury and the card got an arena nerf. Same with abyssal enforcer.

Honestly the only card that SHOULD need a nerf is patches, but blizzard has shown they don't give a fuck. I'm in charge

Magnus

Me too. :(. The last five times I've used it in a fun deck, the first or second spell it casts silences or removes Yogg from the board, ending the effect early. Boring and disappointing. I miss the 8-12 spell fiesta that used to occur.

Grief.exe

Why is early crafting ill-advised if you know it's a card you want? Seems to me that with the new no dupe rules, it's a better bet than ever since there's no risk of you getting one you already crafted until you have them all.

(And by early, I don't mean before opening your typical 50-150 packs upfront, but before you begin earning 1 a day after the initial rush)

I speak as someone who isn't STARVING for dust and know which legendaries I want up front. I'd rather have them sooner than HOPE I get one. Low odds imo.

I went ahead and crafted a golden Benedictus, golden Lich King, and four DKs I knew I wanted that I didn't get in my early mountain of packs. (Shaman, Hunter, Paladin, Warlock)

I may be regretting the golden Benedictus. Hahaha. Still have like 8k dust. If I ever wanted to begin dusting goldens, I'd have another 20k dust probably. Lots of golden legendaries and epics I've just kept around since they're my only copy, but I never use them. (Cho, King Mosh, Mimiron, Wilfred, Volazj)

Depends on your situation. If you have limited dust, then it's better to wait for more data on the meta to become available.

You have nearly unlimited dust, you're in a different situation.

Zoggy

So is your strategy here to complain about people complaining and complain that those complaints are listened to on occasion?

Or is there something else I'm missing?
People complain that high cost cards are OP. (These decks can only be contained by face aggro decks).
Blizzard nerfs those high cost cards.
Aggro meta rules.
People complain aggro is ruining hearthstone.

Like I've said before, you guys deserve a pirate warrior/face shaman/hunter meta.

People complain that high cost cards are OP. (These decks can only be contained by face aggro decks).
Aggro meta rules.

Like I've said before, you guys deserve a pirate warrior/face shaman/hunter meta.

So I wasn't missing anything.

Dahbomb

Aggro meta rules.

Aggro was prevalent even when those cards were strong. I am OT sure what your point is, some of those cards aren't even control cards. People would play Yogg in Tempo Mage and Yolo out an undeserved win. Hunters would be playing their degenerate curve deck, run out of steam then top dick a Call of the Wild to put themselves back in the game where they had no business of being in to begin with.

Cards can be too powerful even at high cost. There's no bias here, OP cards should be nerfed. For every big card that people complain about there are about a half dozen other small cards people complain about. Spirit Claws, Tunnel Trogg, Mana Wyrm, Tuskar Totemic, Totem Golem, Abusive Sergeant, Arcane Golem, Knife Juggler etc. People complain about these cards more and rightfully so.

Beckx

remember the outrage two weeks ago because blizzard "specifically killed Jade and Priest too"

maybe we let the meta settle in

and then accept our Paladin overlords

f0lken

remember the outrage two weeks ago because blizzard "specifically killed Jade and Priest too"

This. You think a wall of spiders is bad. Lets see how will you deal with a wall of Tirions!

Zoggy

Aggro was prevalent even when those cards were strong. I am OT sure what your point is, some of those cards aren't even control cards. People would play Yogg in Tempo Mage and Yolo out an undeserved win. Hunters would be playing their degenerate curve deck, run out of steam then top dick a Call of the Wild to put themselves back in the game where they had no business of being in to begin with.

Cards can be too powerful even at high cost. There's no bias here, OP cards should be nerfed. For every big card that people complain about there are about a half dozen other small cards people complain about. Spirit Claws, Tunnel Trogg, Mana Wyrm, Tuskar Totemic, Totem Golem, Abusive Sergeant, Arcane Golem, Knife Juggler etc. People complain about these cards more and rightfully so.
You named 8 cards. 4 of them got changed. All of them were 100% problematic for an aggro meta.

While 100% of high cost cards got changed. Yogg, cotw, rag, sylvanas.

I don't think it's because blizzard is stupid, it's because you guys want a control meta but don't really want it.

Pooya

I just don't want to play paladin now with the ongoing priest infestation on ladder. Maybe when that dies down.

People play all kind of stupid cards in priest and overall so greedy I don't want to play any control deck or paladin, you can't beat those. It will fall off when things settle down so I just wait. Don't want to lose 30min games to bad players playing really greedy dumb ass decks.

sibarraz

Banned
I feel like spreading plague is worse that ultimate infestation, that card alone kills any chance of an aggro or zoo deck right now

The health of the taunts should be lower

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

If yogg wasn't nerfed it would have been retired. Card would be ridiculous if it wasn't able to kill itself.

Mulgrok

Now I remember why quest paladin is not a thing. I will usually end up with a hand full of all minions or all buffs half way through a match.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Lol, i played against a ramp taunt druid and ended up beating him somehow with jade rogue. He friended me and said something unintelligible about aggro shit losing in a week and that I'm an asshole.

Fewr

I'm getting destroyed in arena.

Usually a 5-6 wins on average. Be lucky if i can get 2 now. Not sure what im doing wrong.
Shadybunny was coaching I think this morning and got 0 wins.(hunter)
Isherwood just got 3 wins only. (rogue)

I don't watch them often, but I've never seen them lose this bad or complain so much like they now do about the new synergy pick rules.

Mazre

Started back in after a long break (skipped the last two expansions). Crafted a Lich King, and a Thrall Deathseer (I like the evolve mechanic for fun). Got Garrosh (put in a lot of work on Marrowgar and Saurfang) from prologue and Rexxar and a gold Lana'thel from the freebie packs and one arena run pack. Definitely feeling the pain of skipping two expansions but having fun nonetheless.

Beckx

I feel like spreading plague is worse that ultimate infestation, that card alone kills any chance of an aggro or zoo deck right now

The health of the taunts should be lower

nah. just finished a game where shaman devolved my 7 scarabs into 1 health minions, maelstrom'd them away, then bloodlusted me into shards.

spreading plague isn't killing zoo because you can't kill what's already dead.

aggro warrior has brawl. mage can drop any of the spell damage + & flamestrike.

hunter is helpless w/o Rexxar making poison explosion beasts, but the answer for hunter is DON'T VOMIT YOUR MINIONS.

Spreading Plague punishes minion vomit players.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Didn't they fix the stupid one card reward from arena? Bag of gold, pack, and a fucking vinecleaver. Come on.

Aggro meta rules.

When you attack an entire OT without knowing anyone here, you look silly.

Skulking Geist is broken as shit, though. It's like someone at Blizzard said "Hmm, how can we fuck over every single combo deck with just one card?", and then they did it.

TankUP

Didn't they fix the stupid one card reward from arena? Bag of gold, pack, and a fucking vinecleaver. Come on.

all they did was remove non-gold commons from the reward pool when you win 3 or more games. :shrug:

Sounds like you made a profit over just using your gold for a pack and presumably you enjoy arena so doesn't sound too awful to me.

vall03

I have no idea how hunter is supposed to get through spreading plague ever, like EVER. It's kinda sad watching them try.

I've only fought one Druid who used this once on me, summoning only three 1/5 taunts. Luckily, I was able to push through thanks to Dinomancy and because he didn't have the bolster minion, so it only took me two turns to clear them. But yeah, no way Hunters have consistent methods to deal with three or more 1/5 taunts all the time without sacrificing several minions. If ever I saw someone cast it against me with four or more minions next time, I'm insta conceding. I'm afraid I'm going to encounter a shit ton of them next month below rank 20.

Magnus

Did someone suggest that Priest was a good counter to Jade Druid? With my Highlander Priest deck (Raza, Shadowreaper, Lyra, Velen, Elise, etc.), it's the only opponent giving me trouble. The rest are smoked, even if I don't get the miraculous Raza/Shadowreaper combo going.

Also, it's so fucking awesome to be climbing ladder and doing well with a Priest deck that mixes together so many Priest legendaries. Feels like a total dream team. Can't think of another example in HS history where a class' legendaries all came together so well.

Also, as always, I seem to play a different game than most of you. I'm not encountering many Jade Druids at all (currently between 10 and 15 on ladder). It's a remarkably varied meta, as usual for me. Seeing all kinds of decks, though no rogues or warlocks at all in ranked right now. And I haven't seen a single Geist played at all either.

Did someone suggest that Priest was a good counter to Jade Druid? With my Highlander Priest deck (Raza, Shadowreaper, Lyra, Velen, Elise, etc.), it's the only opponent giving me trouble. The rest are smoked, even if I don't get the miraculous Raza/Shadowreaper combo going.

Also, it's so fucking awesome to be climbing ladder and doing well with a Priest deck that mixes together so many Priest legendaries. Feels like a total dream team. Can't think of another example in HS history where a class' legendaries all came together so well.

Are you using Geist?

Magnus

Are you using Geist?

No, but also don't see too much of a reason to. The few Jades I've battled haven't beaten me with Jade Idol, but through the brute force of their other tools. In fact, every game I've seen Jade Druid win (whether I'm the Jade or my opponent is) has concluded long before the Idol mania after turn 10.

f0lken

Also, as always, I seem to play a different game than most of you. I'm not encountering many Jade Druids at all (currently between 10 and 15 on ladder). It's a remarkably varied meta, as usual for me. Seeing all kinds of decks, though no rogues or warlocks at all in ranked right now. And I haven't seen a single Geist played at all either.

I did, but not with a highlander deck, but a full resurrect priest with obsidians, eternal servitude, onyx bishops, etc.

Finalow

Ultimate Infestation is broken? Totally did not see that coming. they'll nerf it and make it cost 11 mana. kappa

speaking of Druid, I think most Jade Druids will turn into full Taunt Druid if they haven't already.

also I've seen the Priest DK deck with Raza and that combo is really damn strong too, I wanted to try it since I got the DK from the packs but I'm lacking so many class legendaries. :'(

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
nah. just finished a game where shaman devolved my 7 scarabs into 1 health minions, maelstrom'd them away, then bloodlusted me into shards.

spreading plague isn't killing zoo because you can't kill what's already dead.

aggro warrior has brawl. mage can drop any of the spell damage + & flamestrike.

hunter is helpless w/o Rexxar making poison explosion beasts, but the answer for hunter is DON'T VOMIT YOUR MINIONS.

Spreading Plague punishes minion vomit players.
Many aggro decks only work if you minion vomit, you have to kill Druid before he plays his big dudes and tanks up with a bunch of armor.

Besides, no aggro deck is going to run brawl or flamestrike, and zoo most definitely is a thing now.

I adore Kaza/Raza Priest right now. It feels kinda unfair, which is good for me. Went from Rank 10 to 7 on a winstreak. It feels fun too, also important. Onward to Rank 5!

It takes care of early aggro boards, and has big swings in the late game too. DK Priest with a (0) Raza power, and a bunch of small cards to play feels broken.

I was trying to add Velven and Mirage Caller (that combo with hero power seem sick!). and Eternal Servitude too, but the deck is working without them. The cards I am thinking about dropping are Lyra (she is great but unneeded), and Mind Blast (I can always end the game in other ways than a final burst of 5)

• # 1x (1) Northshire Cleric
  • # 1x (1) Potion of Madness
  • # 1x (1) Power Word: Shield
  • # 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
  • # 1x (2) Doomsayer
  • # 1x (2) Mind Blast
  • # 1x (2) Radiant Elemental
  • # 1x (2) Shadow Visions
  • # 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
  • # 1x (2) Spirit Lash
  • # 1x (3) Curious Glimmerroot
  • # 1x (3) Kabal Courier
  • # 1x (3) Kabal Talonpriest
  • # 1x (3) Shadow Word: Death
  • # 1x (3) Thoughtsteal
  • # 1x (4) Greater Healing Potion
  • # 1x (4) Kazakus
  • # 1x (4) Priest of the Feast
  • # 1x (5) Holy Nova
  • # 1x (5) Kabal Songstealer
  • # 1x (5) Lyra the Sunshard
  • # 1x (5) Raza the Chained
  • # 1x (6) Cabal Shadow Priest
  • # 1x (6) Dragonfire Potion
  • # 1x (6) The Black Knight
  • # 1x (8) Free From Amber
  • # 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
  • # 1x (8) The Lich King
  • # 1x (9) Obsidian Statue
  • # 1x (10) Mind Control
AAECAZ/HAh4IHooBkAKhBOUE7QXJBtMK1wryDPgMkrQCg7sCtbsCt7sC2LsC8LsCsLwC4b8C6r8C0cEC2MEC2cECmcgCvsgC5swCws4C8M8CkNMCAAA=

Finalow

playing arena with a common card like Bonemare around, Lol.
I've seen that fucking horse on ladder in almost every deck, and it's 5 times stronger in a mode like arena.

nice balance as usual, Blizzard!

I Kinda need an opinion here. So I made this weird deck here. It's not for serious playing, it's just for fun, but even at making fun decks I suck. The point of this deck is to use and reuse weapons as much as possible with some board control on the side.

2x (1) Deadly Poison
2x (1) Doomerang
2x (1) Hallucination
1x (1) Patches the Pirate
2x (1) Swashburglar
2x (2) Leeching Poison
2x (2) Undercity Huckster
2x (3) Envenom Weapon
2x (3) Fan of Knives
2x (3) Mimic Pod
2x (3) Shadowblade
2x (4) Grave Shambler
2x (4) Phantom Freebooter
2x (4) Runeforge Haunter
2x (5) Assassin's Blade
1x (9) Valeera the Hollow

So runeforge haunter prevents weapon durability loss, grave shambler can be buffed +1+1 with just 2 mana (rouges hero power) and doomerang is amazing for not destroying weapons if haunter isn't played yet. Valera the hollow doesn't fit the deck at all, just placed her there to test how she works. A good card that comes to mind is the lich king, since his weapon (5 -3 resummon minions killed by the weapon) can work amazingly paired with either leaching weapon, envenom weapon, and deadly poison. Doomerang not so much since it will destroy the whole purpose of its death rattle. Anyway can someone give me advice on which cards to change. I don't know which would be better, cards that discover a card from you opponents class or drawing cards.

I would probably switch from assassin's blade to obsidian shard. 1 mana for 1 more swing is likely not worth it and obsidian shard will sometimes cost less even without changing your deck around since you already have 2 hallucinations, 2 undercity hucksters, and 2 swashburglars. Obsidian shard retains it's cost reduction after you doomerang so you can often return it to hand and replay it in the same turn for low mana.

You might have too many 4 drops though. Maybe cut 1 for shaku. I suspect phantom freebooter isn't that great, but it might be better than runeforge haunter which could cause you to play awkwardly just to get a 5/5. You can probably pick the weak link there. There is also a pirate luckydo buccaneer you could consider. It's a 6 drop 5/5 that gets +4/+4 if you have a weapon with 3 attack and you have like 6 different ways to activate it. Lastly, captain greenskin should be solid, even for 5 cost it's pretty solid for this sort of deck.

I can't say if valeera the hollow is worth running in the deck. Maybe? I mean, in a situation where you're hitting face you can just swing, play her and survive long enough to get another hit in or two. I can't say for sure cause leeching poison might be that good for sustain that you can play a longer game and start dropping double 4 drops with huge stats from freebooter or something like that.

f0lken

Shit, that sounds fun. Got a list to share?

This has me currently at my highest rank ever! Rank 3

I used to had embrace the shadows and circle of healing but against druid shadow word horror is way better, also don't be afraid of using SW: Shield on your opponent's minions. The faster you put an Obsidian Statue in the field, the faster you will win

8mqneTH.png

Beckx

lol, murloc aggro paladin destroyed 2 complete waves of scarab plague, and behemoths

I got screwed on card draw but still, maybe we shouldn't re-balance plague just to help poor aggro hunter

Magnus

This has me currently at my highest rank ever! Rank 3

I used to had embrace the shadows and circle of healing but against druid shadow word horror is way better, also don't be afraid of using SW: Shield on your opponent's minions. The faster you put an Obsidian Statue in the field, the faster you will win

8mqneTH.png

This one's interesting.... I always forgot about Y'Shaarj. Works well here? I crafted it on a whim and used it for like one game in a ramp druid. I'll try it again here!

Love all the variations on Priest domination going on with this expansion. My favourite class finally getting love with the past two expansions. 2017 rules.

Top Bottom