• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

JJH

Just played against my first fatigue warrior with dead mans hand and coldlights.

tenor.gif

f0lken

This one's interesting.... I always forgot about Y'Shaarj. Works well here? I crafted it on a whim and used it for like one game in a ramp druid. I'll try it again here!

Love all the variations on Priest domination going on with this expansion. My favourite class finally getting love with the past two expansions. 2017 rules.

Y'shaarj works great, I definitely wouldn't cut it. If you want a higher probability of getting it or an obsidian cut a bishop and put an ember or other spell

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm throwing in the towel for DK hunter. Anyone having any success with it?

starting to climb a bit with him in basically a midrange list

zombeasts are the most fun hunter thing in a while

dispatch kodo + stubborn gastropod is pretty sick

Pooya

Imagine we had quest rogue now, you could actually counter the priests and jade druids.

with priest it's just impossible to play control, jade is not the problem. You can play that card and beat the jades, but priest? how beat that with control ever? It's actually actively limits what you can play.

Xanathus

Imagine we had quest rogue now, you could actually counter the priests and jade druids.

with priest it's just impossible to play control, jade is not the problem. You can play that card and beat the jades, but priest? how beat that with control ever? It's actually actively limits what you can play.

sup

Gonna make a prediction here that the next expansion will bring about or enhance a cancerous deck that would have been hard-countered by Quest Rogue if it wasn't nerfed, and everyone will be regretting the nerf.

greepoman

Just played against my first fatigue warrior with dead mans hand and coldlights.

tenor.gif

Saw Dog experimenting with a couple different dead man's hand meme decks. Infinite arcane Giants was funny but that cold light version seems more consistent. You can win by infinite clears (brawl, execute+dk ability), milling, or infinite armor or some combo of those.

Fatigue Warrior with Coldlights is an OTK deck in Wild.

I played against a legitimate Corpsetaker deck. They used the 1/1 dragon to grant it windfury.

Corpsetaker.
Blessing of Kings.
The new horse that gives +4/+4 (or +5/+5?)

Sticky as hell, and you basically get 2 turns to clear it or die. He used Getaway Kodo to get more copies and keep playing them. Sticky and hard to manage. I went 2-1 against him. One of the wins and the loss were close. I can see this deck becoming a thing with some refinement.

Goddamn, a search machine so to speak?

Mm hmm!

sibarraz

Banned
Priest has enough tools to make a highlander deck don't miss the 1 copy restriction that much

They also can generate a great ton of cards, the 5 mana thoughtsteal is way better than people gave it credit

Fatigue Warrior with Coldlights is an OTK deck in Wild.

I played against a legitimate Corpsetaker deck. They used the 1/1 dragon to grant it windfury.

Corpsetaker.
Blessing of Kings.
The new horse that gives +4/+4 (or +5/+5?)

Sticky as hell, and you basically get 2 turns to clear it or die. He used Getaway Kodo to get more copies and keep playing them. Sticky and hard to manage. I went 2-1 against him. One of the wins and the loss were close. I can see this deck becoming a thing with some refinement.

Mm hmm!

Seems to cutesy to include a windfury minion cause it sucks when you draw that windfury minion on multiple levels. Maybe one of the bigger windfury things is justified playing. Maybe in shaman where they have more windfury minions available and FTT, bloodlust, and bonemare to push for damage.

Grief.exe

This has me currently at my highest rank ever! Rank 3

I used to had embrace the shadows and circle of healing but against druid shadow word horror is way better, also don't be afraid of using SW: Shield on your opponent's minions. The faster you put an Obsidian Statue in the field, the faster you will win

8mqneTH.png

Would Clerics help that deck? I feel like that deck will inevitably hit a wall without draw.

I know what you're trying to do with the Pint Size and Shadow Word Horror combo, but maybe cut the Pint Size for Clerics.

Beckx

playing around with wild for the first time ever. it's fun, but every time I see a card played i'm just waiting for some new horrible borkenness.

oh course I say this after winning my first game on turn 4 with a 9/4 shade of naxx

wiibomb

okay I think I got a pretty good haul. I opened in about 170 packs these legendaries:

Archbishop Benedictus
Malfurion The Pestilent
Golden Prince Taldaram
Moorabi
Golden Bolvar, Fireblood
The Lich King
Uther of The Ebon Blade
Thrall, Deathseer
Prince Valanar
Lilian Voss
Professor Putricide
Valeera The Hollow
Bloodreaver Gul'dan

From The Prologue
Scourgelord Garrosh

I need only 3 more DK hero cards to have them all, still, I think I'll craft only 2 since Rexxar isn't that good.

Also, I got some legendaries from the other packs and got some pretty weird luck and opened a golden The Caverns Below (I wish I could still disenchant this for the full dust refund)

f0lken

Would Clerics help that deck? I feel like that deck will inevitably hit a wall without draw.

I know what you're trying to do with the Pint Size and Shadow Word Horror combo, but maybe cut the Pint Size for Clerics.

Yup you need more draw, I haven’t tried with clerics because I didn’t want to dilute the probability of getting your obsidians but maybe you are right and could work well, I”ll give it a try. I”ll cut one pint sized potion and one shadow horror.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I have no idea how hunter is supposed to get through spreading plague ever, like EVER. It's kinda sad watching them try.

Lol yeah when I was talking about Spreading Plague vs a Nzoth board is was a Hunter Nzoth. He did clear most of the first one but I just played another one the second turn while building up Jades. I guess that new Bat thing they got would have helped, the one that deals 2 to all enemies deathrattle.

scarlet

This has me currently at my highest rank ever! Rank 3

I used to had embrace the shadows and circle of healing but against druid shadow word horror is way better, also don't be afraid of using SW: Shield on your opponent's minions. The faster you put an Obsidian Statue in the field, the faster you will win

8mqneTH.png

Raza priest has no chance winning this match up. Turn 4 ysera, lich king, obsidian, and then eternal servitude is insane.

TankUP

iattQoE.jpg

Opened two packs on my NA account today from quest/win gold. First pack had Gul'dan, second pack had this beauty.

Now once I get the dust or open Valeera I'm done with Frozen Throne packs!

~*~feeling lucky~*~

Beckx

there's a special room in hell for people that say "thank you" every time you trip one of their secrets. do they think you weren't testing for it with low value? grinding them into paste feels good.

Lol yeah when I was talking about Spreading Plague vs a Nzoth board is was a Hunter Nzoth. He did clear most of the first one but I just played another one the second turn while building up Jades. I guess that new Bat thing they got would have helped, the one that deals 2 to all enemies deathrattle.

build a bat with poison, too

Where are your Jades now bitch. Feels so fucking good to destroy utterly destroy a Jade Druid deck.

feeling like priest counters Jade okay right now, especially the raza variant.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I wonder if making jades a buffed minion would be too hard of a nerf.

People are now starting to worry about quest mage being too strong.

Beginning of an expansion is so awesome.

I wonder if making jades a buffed minion would be too hard of a nerf.

No need to affect Rogue and Shaman with that when the mechanic is fine in those classes. Not to mention that would just mean people carrying more silence, which isn't great when they want people to play cards with cool effects. They tried to be cute about it with Geist and ended up lumping in a bunch of non-problematic spells like tracking / soulfire etc. instead of just nerfing the actual issue.

The issue specifically with Jade Druid is and always will be Jade Idol, but it seems like they don't want to directly nerf that or Patches or some reason (probably just waiting for rotation, which I don't like but whatever). Druid has other strong cards, but they are strong without the Jade package.

Pooya

I believe the key to beating priest lies in the chubby dragon. I don't know what type of beat down deck yet but that guy is good. Maybe dragon priest can beat jades and control priest, this guy makes your dragons very scary. Could be the meta breaker.

Miletius

I need five wins with either Warlock or Shaman. Are there good lists without the DKs?

Evolve Shaman is still good, even without the DK. It's often able to take an early game. There are a few lists with a couple of the 4 drops that summon the 5/5, which are good targets to evolve as well.

Spreading Plague is a concern, but you can often get through it with shaman with flametounge or bloodlust (or devolve). You can't win if the game goes too late against a druid, but you've got a good shot up until then.

scarlet

Crafted obsidian statue for mirror priest match. Cut holy smite cuz I'm playing geist.

So far I'm losing badly to ressurect priest. And tied with a mountain giant dk warlock.

Bizazedo

If Priest ever becomes the top deck, I think I might stop playing Hearthstone for an expac cycle or two. I hate losing to them more than any of the classes.

It's like how I'd hate for Zangief to ever be top tier in Streetfighter (by a decent margin), it'd just be more unfun to play against than the twins in 4.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So is Lich King the hot new Legendary all the Youtubers and websites are telling people to craft? I just played three games to get my daily in, against three different heroes, and all three had Lich King.

I can use a badass new Taunt minion for Warrior Quest.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So is Lich King the hot new Legendary all the Youtubers and websites are telling people to craft? I just played three games to get my daily in, against three different heroes, and all three had Lich King.

It is the hot new legendary everybody wanted to craft immediately when they saw it and its effects. It's the flashiest legendary of the set.

Scumming people with an unchanged PW list for all but switching a single forge of souls in for the lone Fire Fly.
Everyone playing greedy af decks, even hunters and you just go face em.
If Priest ever becomes the top deck, I think I might stop playing Hearthstone for an expac cycle or two. I hate losing to them more than any of the classes.

It's like how I'd hate for Zangief to ever be top tier in Streetfighter (by a decent margin), it'd just be more unfun to play against than the twins in 4.
Obligatory fuck priest.

I haven't been impressed by it yet. I haven't crafted it, but I am running MC on my priest so I end up with him a ton between that and card copy mechanics.

... usually there are only one or two card options that would be good for him to create in a given situation, and you rarely get them and he then gets hard removal.

If the meta starts to speed back up he will disappear fast imo.

<3 Priest. Best class.

... now when quest rogue was a thing I almost quit playing. At least with priest you get to play and have victories here and there in the match. With quest rogue and a control deck you may as well auto concede most of the time. I think in 3 months I managed to beat quest rogue once on any control deck (I only play control or midrange).

Rogue easily still beats priest. I mean, I lost one game because I didn't play around mind control and they curved out well. And the ones I've played have been reno so limited amounts of hard removal for 5-8 drops.

Well here is one game to get an idea of how to play it. https://hsreplay.net/replay/wGgSWUXaSQwUD3WTExVov3

I got some early board pressure and forced a SWD out of them. No more SWDs left at that point. Shadow visions pulled thoughtsteal so no more SWD unless from lyra. The last way for priest to deal with arcane giants is with their hero card. I already had my hero card to respond to that and to drop 2 arcane giants. I also had another arcane giants in my deck and was getting a ton of good stuff off burgles. Finished with double leeroy to face.

Basically, having giants after they hero + play their SWD is the path to victory. Of course kazakus can change that up a bit. If you go into late game with initiative and a couple threats, it's not difficult to snowball.

I never usually BM, but I brought back a frog from Eternal Servitude against a Shaman who was emoting me all game, cause he thought he was winning. I guess he didn't expect a Dragonfire Potion and a Greater Healing Potion to swing the game for me.

Frog%28115%29.png

Badgerst3

I know we are early in the new meta, but thoughts on best priest for ladder?

I have LK, Priest DK hero, Nzoth death rattle and enough to craft one more legendary.

Maybe Barnes or Nzoth unchained?

IDK I have always lined dragon priest but not sure how this meta will play into DP.

Never met a Priest I liked.

Don't craft it.

Top Bottom