• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

kirblar

I will not have you insult my good rotten seed Malfurion. If you can get a fandrel, then you can fill your board with annoyances. Not only that but his hero power is great for board removal and health denial.
The problem is that this is a straight up ramp deck, and when you play a spell that takes up your whole turn after multiple turns playing shitters or rampant growth effects, you need to be getting more out of it that Malf gives you.

Primordial Drake, Infestation, Lich King - these cards pay you off immediately and help you get the board under control. Malf doesn't and is very bad at stabilizing. It's obviously a very good card but maybe not here, maybe later if other stuff gets nerfed.

Also I was thinking-
Call of the Wild
Savage Roar
Spreading Plague
Mark of the Lotus
Power of the Wild

fill the boaaaaaaaarad

The problem is that this is a straight up ramp deck, and when you play a spell that takes up your whole turn, you need to be getting more out of it that Malf gives you.

Primordial Drake, Infestation, Lich King - these cards pay you off immediately. Malf doesn't and is very bad at stabilizing. It's obviously a very good card but maybe not here, maybe later if other stuff gets nerfed.

I disagree. He sets up either Poison minions or taunt minions, or both if you had Fandrel set up. Buys time.

kirblar

Like, in all seriousness, the best thing about Scales is that you can easily get it out of your hand to avoid burning cards on Infestation.

Nachos

Malfurions becomes Masterful, which is so conceited and great.

*You get the perfect kill damage, finish with his hero power*

"Masterful"

Oh, the death knights can all be delightfully shitty to the opponent, but I always thought the "Wow" emote was supposed to be the main BM. Plus, I feel like Malfurion was halfway to being a snappish old man with his "Hmm, well played" anyway, so his emote just doubles down on his condescension.

Pooya

burgly bully is prettty good against all these priests. I like it

4 attack check.

6>5 hp check.

gives coins check.

Not bad against druid either, it's hard to 6 damage to it without an spell. Underrated card. It gives you at least one coin or people tend to be afraid of coins so much that make such unoptimal plays and take damage from it. Maybe it's what rogue should play right now. I just crafted 2 to test, hopefully it wasn't a waste.

I got a gold ghoul infestor off of a regular ultimate infestation. idk why, I think it's a glitch that triggered cos my opponents class was gold? i can't think of a logical reason of why that would happen.

fertygo

this is what I'm currently playing, copied from senfglas stream yesterday

### Token Ramp
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) Mark of the Lotus
# 2x (2) Power of the Wild
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (3) Crypt Lord
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 1x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (4) Fandral Staghelm
# 2x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
# 2x (4) Strongshell Scavenger
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (5) Spreading Plague
# 2x (7) Bonemare
# 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
#
AAECAZICBK6rAsrDAsLOApnTAg1f/gH3A+QIzbsCm8IC68ICm8sCoM0Ch84Cps4CjtACkdACAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

kirblar

/|\
Malf makes much more sense in this deck because it's designed to spam everything up

I just got the Ultimate Infestation->Innervate->Double Scales play to win a game lol (was dead without the double +11 HP)

Just realized something while messing around with my Hunter deck. If use Toxic Arrow on Animated Berserker, it'll just kill whatever minion they play.

Not great but still kind of amazing in a way.

Just realized something while messing around with my Hunter deck. If use Toxic Arrow on Animated Berserker, it'll just kill whatever minion they play.

That's an interaction I noticed with build a beast. There's a minion that deals it's attack damage to a random enemy minion, if you build one and put poison on it, it instantly kills an enemy minion.

if you use unstable ghoul with toxic arrow you have a guaranteed board wipe, for what it's worth.

will toxic arrow give poison to a divine shield minion? like argent squire?

kirblar

Rank 4. Seriously, cut Malf for the second Scales. Having the second copy of the card has saved my ass 2 of the last 4 games, and if a third game it had been Malf instead, I lose.

Rest of the deck is aces.

That's an interaction I noticed with build a beast. There's a minion that deals it's attack damage to a random enemy minion, if you build one and put poison on it, it instantly kills an enemy minion.

Yeah, Dispatch Kodo is amazing with Build-A-Beast.

if you use unstable ghoul with toxic arrow you have a guaranteed board wipe, for what it's worth.

will toxic arrow give poison to a divine shield minion? like argent squire?

Yeah, it works. I use that combo in my current deck. Can't say it's great but works nice when it removes an early high stat minion.

So what exactly is the counter play to a Priest that gets something stupid off Barnes and then just brings it back with Eternal Servitude?

I feel like Blizzard didn't think that card through.

Miletius

How am I supposed to get past this dude and his fucking Bone Spike!?

If you are completely new, I'd recommend maybe playing priest and using shadow word pain when that comes out.

With mage, the option would be to have a 2 attack minion on board and fireball ready when it comes out. That can also take care of it, but you might have a hard time doing 30 damage in one turn with the basic mage deck.

So what exactly is the counter play to a Priest that gets something stupid off Barnes and then just brings it back with Eternal Servitude?

It's the same counterplay as when your opponent uses Skulking Geist and you are playing Miracle Rogue, Freeze Mage, or Jade Druid.

fertygo

pretty sure that the goal tho

they making another version of barnes - y'sharj highroll deck

Big Priest lol

Btw Dean Ayala said he playtesting Eternal Servitude deck the most among other deck in playtesting, so apparently its just as planned?

Pooya

sap, hex, spell breaker. People should be running silence anyway. It seems like skelamancer paladin is on the rise, people finally figured it out.

Pooya

play the nerubian, they can't play UI then :b

It seems obvious that Blizzard thought some stuff are broken and put some dumb hate tools in the same set. I think when the dust settles people will play that card, specially in midrange decks, there are so many cards that can blow your board away now.

Just played someone who just started playing the game because they only used classic cards, the really old stuff. Makes me feel bad and just reminds me how awful it is getting started in this game. Wonder if that will ever change.

fertygo

sap, hex, spell breaker. People should be running silence anyway. It seems like skelamancer paladin is on the rise, people finally figured it out.

I see it couple time and think its not worth a deck slot, card only work in dream scenario that probably you won anyway without having the card

run chubby dragon if you want 5 drop in mid pally

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Lmao, decked myself as Druid vs. a control warlock who tapped all game because of Infestation. Infest -> innervate -> hero power as the DK for 8 burst after he cleared won me the game.

Quite the class.

I just got clockwork giant'd by a rank 7 wild priest

and i thought i was a meme decker. i don't think I've ever seen that card in a constructed deck. ofc I'm jade so i had almost a full fucking hand

FeD.nL

This has been a pleasant surprise but I'm actually having some pretty good results with Dragon Hunter around rank 9. This is the list so far gonna play it the whole day to see if there's really something there but so far it's been pretty good and fun to play.

xtzd4TT.png

Pooya

Jaina is so fun. Watching Dog, he went from -1 hp to 30 with Baron Geddon. I hope the deck works out, I like to see grinder mage.

This has been a pleasant surprise but I'm actually having some pretty good results with Dragon Hunter around rank 9. This is the list so far gonna play it the whole day to see if there's really something there but so far it's been pretty good and fun to play.

stitched tracker could be pretty nice in that, I've run some similar stuff haven't tried full on dragon though. is houndmaster that good for you? also i have to recommend tracking. rat pack could be something to consider over a wolf since you have razormaws and houndmaster (and especially since you have chubby dragon!), just some thoughts.

is it possible to lose in this game if you get frostmourne from lich king? eff that card.

Heropon

So I made a deck with good evolve targets to try the Shaman DK and I haven't got the opportunity to use it yet... The one time I wanted it desperately to stop the stupid 1/1 totems from appearing against Lich Jaina I couldn't draw it :(

By the way, the neutral 4 mana wolves are nice.

Medivh isn't gonna trump shit.

Medivh has in built counters in the game with weapon removal which people still run. The minute someone gets a whiff that Medivh is in the meta they will hold off weapon removal for it.

And many classes don't have big enough spells for Medivh. It's Priest, Mage and now Druid, that's about it.

Lich King already seeing more play than Medivh did in his lifetime.

That's like saying Lich King has counters because there's removal. Medivh and Arthas are both a guaranteed 2 for 1 at least and they get worse the more efficiently they are being dealt with.
I wasn't looking for the most peak played card but where there are big spells I would not be surrised if Medivh eventually wins out. Atiesh being independent from medivh's body is a big deal.

We really shouldn't be doing "I told you so's" this early in an expansion. Just makes this thread more toxic than it needs to be.

Brb, making a video

Jaina is so fun. Watching Dog, he went from -1 hp to 30 with Baron Geddon. I hope the deck works out, I like to see grinder mage.

It is a pretty fun deck, but it is just a bit passive at the moment. Once things settle down it will be better because you can take out elementals and get the balance better.

I just out valued a Jade Druid with Kaza/Raza DK Priest, and I am not running Skulking:)

He probably misplayed though, as it was only able to play one Jade Idol at a time in the end game.

I got a "Well Played" when I Mind Controlled his 14/14 Jade

<ore shocking than this, I am FULLY enjoying climbing ranks. I am R6 now. I usually just tap out and give up a R10

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Lich King is so so. It replaces Ironbark Protector for Druids, so for them it's an alright card to carry around. So they can have LK and two Primordials and do just as good.
You are vastly understating the importance of Lich King's card generation. The Death Knight Cards are cheap and extremely powerful. Frostmourne alone is one of the best weapons in the game. The Lich King is a powerful body that cannot be left up on the board. This gives Lich King power in control vs. control, but it is also extremely potent in mid-range decks that can utilize every single spell.

I am not really sure why people here feel the need to talk the card down. There are loads of other cards that see play right now that are actually bad/not particularly useful.

scarlet

Hmm, I kinda like this new version of jade druid. It's a fast match, thanks to 2 UIs.

I just out valued a Jade Druid with Kaza/Raza DK Priest, and I am not running Skulking:)

He probably misplayed though, as it was only able to play one Jade Idol at a time in the end game.

I got a "Well Played" when I Mind Controlled his 14/14 Jade

<ore shocking than this, I am FULLY enjoying climbing ranks. I am R6 now. I usually just tap out and give up a R10

Nice, 1 more rank and get that golden epic

greepoman

Rank 4. Seriously, cut Malf for the second Scales. Having the second copy of the card has saved my ass 2 of the last 4 games, and if a third game it had been Malf instead, I lose.

Rest of the deck is aces.

It might be one of those things that depends on the decks you're seeing. At rank 4 you get all the try hards who run typically more aggressive decks so I definitely earthen scales as more useful. Once you get to legend it opens up a bit and I typically see more varied decks.

Rank 5 done for the month thank god.
Nothing worse than playing right after an expansion hits. /s

I am almost rank 5, from rank 1
With that Miracle Rogue deck I was watching you play?

Getting the DK out when Fandral is on the board is absolutely disgusting.

It feels great, and I have to remind myself that I'm already at 52 health from all my armor and it doesn't matter, lol.

Hycran

Banned
So many quest mage, 3 in a row in rank 5. Now I put dirty rat to counter quest mage on my jade druid.

I discovered the ultimate counter to exodia Mage in my last game as evolve shaman. Had my board filled up with 5-9s from evolve and had somehow managed to get Noggenfogger. He had 5 apprentices but started slinging fireballs willy nilly. The animation slowed him down immensely and by the end he had fireballs two of his apprentices therefore no longer going infinite.

I also emote spammed, not sure if that helped

I discovered the ultimate counter to exodia Mage in my last game as evolve shaman. Had my board filled up with 5-9s from evolve and had somehow managed to get Noggenfogger. He had 5 apprentices but started slinging fireballs willy nilly. The animation slowed him down immensely and by the end he had fireballs two of his apprentices therefore no longer going infinite.

I also emote spammed, not sure if that helped

Noggenfogger used to be the win condition in Dreadsteed decks, too.

RIP my favorite card.

Magnus

Thought: I'm trying to think of an ideal Jade Golem nerf that a) doesn't render the archetype unplayable, b) doesn't single out the Druid via an Idol nerf specifically, and c) keeps the deck playing roughly the same way. How about capping the Jade Golem growth at 8/8, OR, causing it to cycle back to 1/1 after you reach either 8/8 or 10/10 or whatever? It would force the Druid to think tactically about whether they could still spam out idols to get back up to 5/5 or higher again, or whether they should make do with what they have on the board. It would slow down the hyper aggression once the golems get over 6/6 and allow decks to survive longer and draw into some reasonable solutions. What do you guys think?

Also, I think I've spotted a bug that's happened twice. When Barnes summons a Lich King, it doesn't generate a DK card. Intended? I'm pretty sure Barnes'-summoned minions still have their End of Turn effects go off the turn they're summoned.

Top Bottom