• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Hycran

Banned
Noggenfogger used to be the win condition in Dreadsteed decks, too.

RIP my favorite card.

I'd never actually thought of that interaction. That's surprisingly effective and memey. I like it.

Also, I was pushing hard against the Pitt timer so I just kept spending the bits of gold I got to crack packs. Finally my legendary shows up, and......

Golden Prince Keleseth... So in the entire time I've been playing HS I've only had 5 golden legendaries, two of them in KOTFT and both were princes (the other Valanar). Feelsbadman

Thought: I'm trying to think of an ideal Jade Golem nerf that a) doesn't render the archetype unplayable, b) doesn't single out the Druid via an Idol nerf specifically, and c) keeps the deck playing roughly the same way. How about capping the Jade Golem growth at 8/8, OR, causing it to cycle back to 1/1 after you reach either 8/8 or 10/10 or whatever? It would force the Druid to think tactically about whether they could still spam out idols to get back up to 5/5 or higher again, or whether they should make do with what they have on the board. It would slow down the hyper aggression once the golems get over 6/6 and allow decks to survive longer and draw into some reasonable solutions. What do you guys think?

Also, I think I've spotted a bug that's happened twice. When Barnes summons a Lich King, it doesn't generate a DK card. Intended? I'm pretty sure Barnes'-summoned minions still have their End of Turn effects go off the turn they're summoned.
Causing Jades to cycle to 1/1 would automatically make the deck bad.

Putting a limit on the Jades would be fine, but 8/8 is tiny. 10/10 would be more reasonable.

But if they do that, then they have to offer a refund on all Jade cards. So it will never happen. This is part of Blizzard's balance problem. They try to cheap out on their card balance solutions. Patches destroying every game? Better change a common card that synergizes with it! Jades destroying everything? Print an epic card people can spend dust on to counter it!

I'd never actually thought of that interaction. That's surprisingly effective and memey. I like it.

Also, I was pushing hard against the Pitt timer so I just kept spending the bits of gold I got to crack packs. Finally my legendary shows up, and......

Golden Prince Keleseth... So in the entire time I've been playing HS I've only had 5 golden legendaries, two of them in KOTFT and both were princes (the other Valanar). Feelsbadman
Don't dust him until you're done getting FT packs. Otherwise you might get him again. ;-)

Well, I have gone from Rank 6 to Rank 8. I guess the game is setting shit again (not really)...

...or I should just try another class. These Priest games all feel 25+ turns at least,

Hycran

Banned
Don't dust him until you're done getting FT packs. Otherwise you might get him again. ;-)

I was under the impression that I could still get his normal legendary as the golden doesn't impact that. Either way it's not worth it to dust it for the time being as he does see play in some decks (Kripp Zoo) and may even find his way into some down the road.

rahji

My first arena in kotft where i got 11 wins. I am a little bit scared of the final boss because i lost twice already.
The curve from random 5drop into spikeridged steed into vinecleaver into ragnaros lightlord broke a lot of opponents. But the early game is really weak and i see a lot of rogues.

This has probably been talked about to death here already, but I noticed Nox is playing Hearthstone again. "Great!" I think, and click the video.

... guys, WTF happened to Nox?

So I clicked on his "What happened?" video, where he says changing to Gwent actually increased his sub count. While I suppose that's true -- although sub counts, barring a completely disastrous change in content, tend to always go up -- his views per video dropped by ~50%.

Either way, I'm really not digging the new "persona" at all. It's just obnoxious. I know some people thought he was before, but this is just a whole new level.

Thought: I'm trying to think of an ideal Jade Golem nerf that a) doesn't render the archetype unplayable, b) doesn't single out the Druid via an Idol nerf specifically, and c) keeps the deck playing roughly the same way. How about capping the Jade Golem growth at 8/8, OR, causing it to cycle back to 1/1 after you reach either 8/8 or 10/10 or whatever? It would force the Druid to think tactically about whether they could still spam out idols to get back up to 5/5 or higher again, or whether they should make do with what they have on the board. It would slow down the hyper aggression once the golems get over 6/6 and allow decks to survive longer and draw into some reasonable solutions. What do you guys think?

Also, I think I've spotted a bug that's happened twice. When Barnes summons a Lich King, it doesn't generate a DK card. Intended? I'm pretty sure Barnes'-summoned minions still have their End of Turn effects go off the turn they're summoned.

I guess my question would be why is the bolded important? Shouldn't it be singled out since it's the only instance of the mechanic being broken?

Like effectively, capping Jades at 8 would mostly affect druids, given prevalence and how druid can just get there faster. But you also hit the shaman and rogue decks that can get there and where the mechanic is perfectly fine. So why hit shaman and rogue if you don't have to?

edit: Forgot to add this: if you're just capping at 8, that doesn't fix Idol being broken in druid, it just means they can infinitely summon 8/8s instead of going higher. Which is significant, but ultimately doesn't change all that much in how other decks can react to it. Your cycling idea address that, but I don't really like that and it seems counter-intuitive when there are far simpler and narrower solutions.

Magnus

edit: Forgot to add this: if you're just capping at 8, that doesn't fix Idol being broken in druid, it just means they can infinitely summon 8/8s instead of going higher. Which is significant, but ultimately doesn't change all that much in how other decks can react to it. Your cycling idea address that, but I don't really like that and it seems counter-intuitive when there are far simpler and narrower solutions.

Gotcha - what are the simpler/narrower solutions that don't make it unplayable, though? SO many nerfs in this game have rendered cards totally unplayable and may as well have removed them from the game. About the only nerf I can think of that kept a card in at least some decks was Knife Juggler's.

Maybe it's just making Jade Idols read as:
"Choose One: Summon an X/X Jade Golem or Shuffle 3 'Summon Jade Golem' cards into your deck", so that the 3 shuffled cards aren't choose ones, just summons. Kills the infinite loop.

Although, these days, druids don't even have to rely on that shit to win. Games are over before you even get to the infinite loop. So what's the real problem? Do they just have way too many strong ways to generate Jade Golems fast, compared to Shaman and Rogues?

Fewr

Oh wow, I finally managed to make a good deck this month. I went with the super popular jade druid sans the lich king, instead I use either a taunt or that druid thing that gives a mana crystal or a 2/2 minion. I've been thinking about dropping Malfurion DK, but don't know what to put instead yet.

I went from 20 to only needing 1 win for 15, with 100% win rate. This is big for me because I'm not used at all to multiplayer games.

--------

There has to be a taunt druid in the making somewhere, I can see the tools around to make one. That cute bear thing (shell-something in its name) that enhances taunts, bonemare and spreading plague surely allow something to come up.

--------

I think that Battle.net is under a DDOS attack.
Oh man, I've yet to do the tavern brawl. Ugh..

Q8D3vil

Remove shuffle from idol, its already cost efficient to play 3/3 and above for 1 mana.
Druid right now have everything and can play any style the player want.

Remove shuffule from idol, its already cost efficient to play 3/3 and above for 1 mana.
Druid right now have everything and do play any style the player want.

Druid definitely has too many tools at the moment, it's such a gap to the other classes that I find myself wondering why should I even play a class other than druid.

I hate playing as druid so I don't play it though lol

Gotcha - what are the simpler/narrower solutions that don't make it unplayable, though? SO many nerfs in this game have rendered cards totally unplayable and may as well have removed them from the game. About the only nerf I can think of that kept a card in at least some decks was Knife Juggler's.

Maybe it's just making Jade Idols read as:
"Choose One: Summon an X/X Jade Golem or Shuffle 3 'Summon Jade Golem' cards into your deck", so that the 3 shuffled cards aren't choose ones, just summons. Kills the infinite loop.

Although, these days, druids don't even have to rely on that shit to win. Games are over before you even get to the infinite loop. So what's the real problem? Do they just have way too many strong ways to generate Jade Golems fast, compared to Shaman and Rogues?

If they were going to nerf it, something along those lines would be the right move.

Druids have better and more versatile staple cards and mechanics, for the most part. Ramp is massive. Compared to Shaman, druid Jade cards are just flat out faster, at 1 mana, 3 mana and 6 mana versus 2 mana (1 overload), 4 mana and 7 mana. And that's without ramp. Rogue has low cost cards but one less card and Rogue is weird.

Remove shuffule from idol, its already cost efficient to play 3/3 and above for 1 mana.
Druid right now have everything and do play any style the player want.

I think they need to be able to shuffle somehow. It's their way of increasing Jade count beyond what you can include in your deck, which is fine on its own. Rogue can do it with bounce effects and the new hero, Shaman has access to spirit echo etc. It's the endless pressure / shuffling that's broken.

Peléo

If Sylvanas was a KoFT card it would probably carry the effect: 'If this is your opponent's turn, take control of a random enemy minion'.

Wonder if this nerf would be enough to not be Hall of Famed.

The funny thing about druids is that it might not just be ultimate infestation that is the problem. They've just gotten so many strong tools over time it's become apparent that innervate is becoming less and less sustainable as a spell in the game.

UI is just the ultimate FU to the players though. I had a druid play like 7 cards, essentially his entire hand onto the board with those taunts.

This was his board. 6 minions. 24 attack. 36 health. I blew that up with equality consecration and he has 1 card in hand. Was it infestation? No. Did he top deck infestation? Yes. Did he play infestation? No, he was too stupid to play the best top deck of his life.

It didn't matter, next turn he UI'd and drew into another UI.

Whelp.

I just played the dumbest fucking game.

I was playing that stupid zetalot deck and my opponent played hemet to kill his entire deck and then played Benedictus the turn after. Something like 6 benedictus ended up being played. 12 dragonfire potions. At least 20 shadow visions. 20 eternal solitude.

Mirror matches are the worst and that was as close as it comes to a literal mirror match. I hate shit like that.

And i have never been happy with the death knight card I've ever gotten off of lich king. Still never gotten frostmourne after at least 20 plays.
Sounds amazing.

Has anyone experimented with Bonemare? I expected to see it being tried out in Paladin and maybe Shaman lists, but seriously have not seen it played even once.
I see it every five matches or so. Good card with the 2/2 that spawns an 8/8 if it dies on the opponent's turn.

I was under the impression that I could still get his normal legendary as the golden doesn't impact that. Either way it's not worth it to dust it for the time being as he does see play in some decks (Kripp Zoo) and may even find his way into some down the road.
Oh, is that true?

Remove shuffle from idol, its already cost efficient to play 3/3 and above for 1 mana.
Druid right now have everything and can play any style the player want.
That would literally kill the deck, lol. It would become a deck that starts slow and has a mediocre endgame. Who would play it?

Other suggestions like capping Jade stats seem much more reasonable.

I switched out Lich King for Ysera is my Raza Priest. I am really starting to think it's a bad card. He rarely outright wins games, and only sometime helps a comeback. I am glad I opened, and did not craft. I would have crafted him (was excited to play), and it is starting to feel like it would have been wasted dust.

This is just based on my experience as Priest tough. Perhaps he works much better elsewhere.

TankUP

I thought this was a cute combo, especially since he already burned his devolve on my (discovered) Savannah Highmane and most lists these days only run one:

cVJPk4P.png

I won next turn.

Parshias7

OK, I had to break my no-crafting rule and make DK Anduin so that I could play meme Priest.

It is like that old Hunter deck that only ran Barnes and Y'Shaarj as minions and went for the high roll, except it adds in some Priest OTK Velen/Malygos Mind Blast shenanigans. It totally won't be viable once the meta settles down but man is it fun right now.

f0lken

So I had Wickerflame in my deck, and I played Corpsetaker but she didn't gain lifesteal, only taunt and divine shield, I had Tirion on hand so she definitely gained them for wickerflame. is that intended or a bug?

EDIT: It was a bug, next match she did gain lifesteal

manhack

To all those that think the Druid whining is just salt

V9SxZzf.png

These stats are not OK. Paladin is your only shot at slight favorable match-up or you can go Druid for the 50/50.

Geist doesn't cut it because Jade druid isn't all were seeing.

I know it is only 3 days into the expansion, but you would think the Hearthstone Hive mind would have found a solution by now in some of the other classes.

:thinking:

OK, I had to break my no-crafting rule and make DK Anduin so that I could play meme Priest.

It is like that old Hunter deck that only ran Barnes and Y'Shaarj as minions and went for the high roll, except it adds in some Priest OTK Velen/Malygos Mind Blast shenanigans. It totally won't be viable once the meta settles down but man is it fun right now.

Looking at the decklist I think I played against this a few times, but it never worked out. i also met a more reliable version with Obsidian Stature included. DK Anduin is great though. The most fun I had with any DK yet.

Thijs stream can be hard to watch if his message reading bot reads the racist messages.

I think still having those at this point is in pretty bad taste. We know what the Twitch HS community is like and know their history with message reading bots. It drives donations though, I'm sure.

I know people are complaining about Jade druid

But Raaza plus shadow anduon is just BS

As someone who is playing the DK Priest/Raza deck, it is definitely over powered, but (I think) it feels a bit more interactive and interesting to get to the point where you become that powerful. Furthermore, you need to have made a few decent plays to save your low mana cards to pull of the hero power combo at the end. Jade Druid feels like the same boring treadmill of nonsense every single time.

A few expansions ago Dragon Warrior was destroying everyone at ~60% winrates on release. A month later it didn't even see play.

Remember when N'Zoth Paladin was everywhere? When was the last time you faced one?

I'm not saying Jade Druid will turn out okay, but people really are overreactive. I'm at about a 50% winrate in Wild with Jade Druid right now.

The majority of my losses as Druid are just drawing the wrong half of the ramp deck in the beginning.

Double Ultimate Infestation plus Innervate RIP.

Dahbomb

A few expansions ago Dragon Warrior was destroying everyone at ~60% winrates on release. A month later it didn't even see play.

Remember when N'Zoth Paladin was everywhere? When was the last time you faced one?

I'm not saying Jade Druid will turn out okay, but people really are overreactive. I'm at about a 50% winrate in Wild with Jade Druid right now.
These are all bad examples because Jade Druid has been a good deck since MSG. We have experienced 3 expansions of Jade Druid already despite it getting a big counter card.

Jade Druid in Wild is mostly just the Standard list only it's balanced in Wild because other decks are just as degenerate or more so. In Standard, you are playing the same deck as in Wild only the competition isn't as fierce. Both aggro and control aren't as air tight so Jade Druid is thriving.

Also Dragon Warrior fell off because they made Execute cost 2 mana. That nerf was a big hit to tempo based Warrior decks all around. Nzoth Paladin isn't much of a thing but Control Paladin is a thing still because of the tools provided in Old Gods. Nzoth Paladin just got power creeped by better slow Paladin decks.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
As someone who is playing the DK Priest/Raza deck, it is definitely over powered, but (I think) it feels a bit more interactive and interesting to get to the point where you become that powerful. Furthermore, you need to have made a few decent plays to save your low mana cards to pull of the hero power combo at the end. Jade Druid feels like the same boring treadmill of nonsense every single time.

I agree with this.

Dahbomb

The next balance patch should be hitting within the next couple of months. I wonder what gets the stick. Still hoping for Jade Idol and Patches nerfs which I had been hoping for since MSG.

Top Bottom