• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

That actually doesn't seem too bad. One of the drawbacks of Hadronox is triggering its Deathrattle and combo'ing it with Doomsayer is a good way to get around it.

But does Druid really have many new worthwhile Taunts to take advantage of it?

God damn, finally rank 10. Now I can start messing around with stuff.

Got to one star from rank 10 two times and fell back to 12 both times. Shit was infuriating.

sibarraz

Banned
rd4i0jG.png

So yeah, for some reason this guy thought that it was a great idea to have a board filled with minions while I could just freeze them to death. The loss of mana didn't help either

rahji

That actually doesn't seem too bad. One of the drawbacks of Hadronox is triggering its Deathrattle and combo'ing it with Doomsayer is a good way to get around it.

But does Druid really have many new worthwhile Taunts to take advantage of it?

I think hadronox is worth it if you have 1 or 2 dark arakkoa and the lich king. some crypt lords are also more useful than you would think because they get buffed in the process.

Mulgrok

Playing Jade Druid for quest and facing mostly priests today. They are all running Raza decks with geist played on curve, but they all lose within the next few turns because they were already behind on the board.

Geist so OP, not.

I don't even think jade druid is the best druid list. I think taunt druid is. Geist won't keep that deck down. Here is the list fyi

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/897540-rank-1-kolento-taunt-buff-dk-druid
I've lost to this in Wild while playing Jade Druid, hahaha.

Actually, almost everything in Wild is a Standard deck with a few tweaks. There's SO much power creep in these sets. You can take Standard Zoolock and climb to 5 in Wild easily.

Lots of Geist talk here on GAF yet I haven't seen it played once in any mode, including Ranked between 20 and 11.
You're low ranked. I've had it played against me at least 10 times in the last day.

UI definitely has a lot of power creep to it.

Lots of Geist talk here on GAF yet I haven't seen it played once in any mode, including Ranked between 20 and 11.

I've seen it maybe 3 or 4 times. It has sucked to play against, even as non-jade because it eats your paladin secrets, your hallucinations/cold bloods, from your hand and deck. And as rogue losing all your 1 cost spells that are there to enable your auctioneer... still sucks a whole lot even if those parts are not essential to your overall strategy. Can't play around it when the cards are in your deck.

I would vastly prefer they nerf jade idol now, rather than this card existing. Maybe make geist do something else, like blow up 10 cost spells!

I'm sorry you don't like it, priest might be the most fun ass in HS right now along with warlock and paladin. You might want to give it a chance.

I was going to post that the new cards are making me have a blast with priest. I have come back to win games as raza priest after being literally at 1 HP, it's amazing.
Oh I'm sure it's fun, I just get so annoyed playing against Priest and I talk so much shit about them, that I feel like I shouldn't be playing the class. Though I play fighting games, so I'm sure I'll get over that mentality real quick lol.

Mulgrok

well, I was playing from rank 10-8. Maybe they are all sub 10.

EDIT: Just picked up Putricide from packs. Maybe I will craft hunter DK and try to make a control deck.
EDIT2: Somehow I got a Putricide in my hand while playing paladin and it won me the game. strange.

Nordicus

Okay, so this is some "throwing good cards after bad", but...

Stitched Tracker? Really liking in Quest Hunter. Get extra 1-drops or 3rd or 4th Rhino draw in prep for Carnassa, and after Carnassa, only 1 of the choices can be the brood card since it's Discover. Can dig for that Hyena finisher.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just played against that silly priest malygos velen eternal servitude deck.

Rogue just dumpsters it. Sap is now an auto include I think.

I swear I played against exact this list right now. It was really close.

I have not been paying attention to names in game, so I dont know if I won or lost, but sorry if I played Pirate Warrior against you regardless. I dont like the deck, but just want to get to rank 5 to get it out of the way

I am EU and Rank 8ish if that helps pin in down.

fertygo

Geist doing great in my freeze mage

as I thought Freeze Mage can get away using it

As lonh the Jadè Druit not the had the nut ramp. They ded

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Geist doing great in my freeze mage

as I thought Freeze Mage can get away using it

As lonh the Jadè Druit not the had the nut ramp. They ded

Have you tried quest mage too?

Seems like even with geist jade druid might be able to out heal you pretty easily as freeze mage.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Jade Druid should fatigue themselves before you or be unable to play UI, both of these scenarios you would win unless you are significantly behind on board.

Why wouldn't you be significantly behind on board as freeze mage against Jade druid though? There's only so many freezes available. I haven't played the matchup so i genuinely don't know, but even before Earthen scales jade druid was a bad matchup for freeze mage wasn't it?

Why wouldn't you be significantly behind on board as freeze mage against Jade druid though? There's only so many freezes available. I haven't played the matchup so i genuinely don't know, but even before Earthen scales jade druid was a bad matchup for freeze mage wasn't it?

terrible matchup because you had no wincon but tempoing them out or getting some ridiculous highrolls from medivh and/or Firelands or sticking an Antonidas for several turns.

You still have a multitude of clears including Doomsayer Nova that can clear low to middle sized boards and in the case of the latter any board. Less Feral Rages being run also means there's less removal for doomsayer from hand.

fertygo

Have you tried quest mage too?

Seems like even with geist jade druid might be able to out heal you pretty easily as freeze mage.
I dont had Quest Mage

They surely better.. but freeze mage against Jade Druid is near impossible matchup so I want check it.

Btw I said Freeze Mage but you know.. deck not a burn deck anymore

Its has Medivh and Fireland Portal. I run 2 blizzard because flamestrike not kill shìt in this meta

So the plan is fréeze druid board all the time while your minion hit face repeatedly

And yeah they not running feral rage anymore made it much easier

Fewr

Oh yes! Reached rank 15 for the first time with jade druid! yes yes yes!

Boss was a demon warlock, my heart was racing waiting for the DK card after so many demons, and in the end he tried a really odd 2x Defile move that didn't work out so he ended up conceding. My heart was racing througout the match.

Rather easy considering yesterday I couldn't get a win past rank 20.

Silence for what?

UI definitely has a lot of power creep to it.

I've seen it maybe 3 or 4 times. It has sucked to play against, even as non-jade because it eats your paladin secrets, your hallucinations/cold bloods, from your hand and deck. And as rogue losing all your 1 cost spells that are there to enable your auctioneer... still sucks a whole lot even if those parts are not essential to your overall strategy. Can't play around it when the cards are in your deck.

I would vastly prefer they nerf jade idol now, rather than this card existing. Maybe make geist do something else, like blow up 10 cost spells!
LOL. I would be okay with that, but then no one would play it. ;-)

I beat an evolve shaman because Geist ate his evolves out of his hand and left his doppelgangers stranded.
Strongest card of the set next to...

Raza Priest is such a bullshit deck if you want to play a control deck
This guy. I was angry when I saw it, but after losing to it so many times it's so tiresome. If another class had it...whatever. But Priest already forces you to go 20+ turns in an average game, and now they have an auto-win card?! Anduin has the best DK card in the game, bar none.

The only way I beat these Priests is when I have 50+ health by the time they DK. I feel bad for all the classes that can't do that. Imagine them with Reno in Wild, too. :p

scarlet

Playing Jade Druid for quest and facing mostly priests today. They are all running Raza decks with geist played on curve, but they all lose within the next few turns because they were already behind on the board.

Geist so OP, not.

To win against jade you either have to play the 30++ combo or play the N'zoth version.

It's a close match up.

Speaking of geist I faced one against fatigue warrior. He did nothing other than playing dead man's hand and armor, brawl, execute. Until I'm running out of cards.

Geist doesn't win you a game, but it helps you tone down the jade.

vaderise

I'm sitting on 6200 dust.
I already have:
-Paladin DK
-Warlock DK
-Priest DK
-Hunter DK
-Moorabi
-Lich King

Should i go ahead and craft Druid DK with a second Ultimate Infestation alnd Jain DK or do i hold my dust?

Cat Party

Anyone else tried Quest/DK/Raza Priest, aka, the greediest deck imaginable? I'm sure I'll end up abandoning the Quest aspect and switch to a more conventional DK Raza Priest, but the wins are so satisfying as long as you don't mind 30 minute games, lol.

scarlet

I already have:
-Paladin DK
-Warlock DK
-Priest DK
-Hunter DK
-Moorabi
-Lich King

Should i go ahead and craft Druid DK with a second Ultimate Infestation alnd Jain DK or do i hold my dust?

Druid and UI is quite good now.

Jaina I'm not so sure, the idea was great, but I'd rather use alex on turn 9

Anyone else tried Quest/DK/Raza Priest, aka, the greediest deck imaginable? I'm sure I'll end up abandoning the Quest aspect and switch to a more conventional DK Raza Priest, but the wins are so satisfying as long as you don't mind 30 minute games, lol.

I think it's doable, you don't really have anything to play on turn 1 other than cleric which most player use it later for value.

vaderise

Druid and UI is quite good now.

Jaina I'm not so sure, the idea was great, but I'd rather use alex on turn 9

I think it's doable, you don't really have anything to play on turn 1 other than cleric which most player use it later for value.
Okay than, i'm going ahead and crafting the remaining druid cards.
I'll hold off for Jaina.
BTW which is the best non-jade druid deck right now?

sibarraz

Banned

Well, since I liked the idea of the deck, but didn't have the dust to pull it off, I disenchanted all my collection of priest and warrior cards since I already have their golden portrait.

First match and I beated a raza priest, it felt reeeeeealy good

Kripp tried out the Dead Man's Hand combo I was talking about earlier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quxCsOztREg&feature=youtu.be

Goddamn I want to craft for that so bad.

Well - blizzard sure killed off aggro
Nah, it's just the least interesting thing to play. People want to try out the new stuff before they go back to spamming Pirate Warrior.

I already have:
-Paladin DK
-Warlock DK
-Priest DK
-Hunter DK
-Moorabi
-Lich King

The Druid crafts are a solid bet, but Mage DK is unproven thus far. I've only seen it twice and it was very weak. I don't get how Blizzard can think Frost Lich Jaina is worth 9 mana while Priest DK is worth 8.

Add in Reno and you have a very popular Wild deck. :p

Top Bottom