• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Hycran

Banned
If you guys want a deck that is good against druid, just play evolve shaman with double evolve. Obviously by good i mean "25% win rate", but running double devolve double maelstrom helps to solve a lot of the problems with druids damn taunts.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I still don't understand why there are so many people who hate Priest. Have you played the class? The decks are FUN! Anduin has top tier BM emotes. Come to the healing side!
They are not very fun to play against. I don't mind that much but parts of it feel like RNG cheese with Barnes/Eternal Servitude and Lyra is really RNG dependent too. There is really just no playing around Priest removal either at this point thanks to stuff like Pint-size Potion. You can try to play four drop minions but it just doesn't matter, and the removal spells are the lowest effort/highest reward in the game since there is no set up. Don't even need to two card combo for lots of removal honestly. The old removal tools like Entomb/Lightbomb felt like they required more thought or had some kind of tempo penalty, but now Priest is just oppressive and isn't punished at all for going super spell heavy.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
This Lord Marrowgar is bullshit. I like how the computer doesn't have to adhere to the same rules as the player, in having more then two copies of a card per deck.

TankUP

Things I like about the new expansion:

1. Hero cards. Unlike quests, which were so narrow that only a few saw play and the decks had to built completely around them, all of the heroes seem to have found a spot and look to only get stronger in future expansions. Some are stronger than others, but that's more a reflection of the class they are in rather than the hero cards themselves. There aren't any that are complete garbage like the Hunter or Paladin quests were.

2. Decision making. Cards that have deathrattles depending on whose turn it is; cards that have conditional effects based on positioning; cards that have effects that differ based on how you remove them (for example, proccing if they survive damage or lifesteal effects that mean using spells is better than trading minions). Even the new priest taunt requires you to really consider how you remove it because of its deathrattle.

3. Flavor. The art and voice acting is all top notch.

Things I dislike:

1. Balance - We're back to the days of one deck being the consensus best deck in the game and the other "best decks" only being so because they are good against that deck. I hope everyone who was complaining about the Un'goro meta has realized how good we had it when so many strategies were considered tier one.

2. Complaint meta - While I agree that Druid got buffed more than any other class, constant complaining isn't going to do anything. Any balance changes are still at least a month or two away, so let's play in the meta we have instead or worrying about a meta that doesn't exist. I'm not even sure nerfing Druid would accomplish what you guys want it to--in a world without Druid some other deck will just emerge for the community to focus their hate on anyway.

Edited out my mention of quest mage because apparently my throwaway hypothetical example is the only thing people read and it was completely irrelevant to my point

2. Complaint meta - While I agree that Druid got buffed more than any other class, constant complaining isn't going to do anything. Any balance changes are still at least a month or two away, so let's play in the meta we have instead or worrying about a meta that doesn't exist. I'm not even sure nerfing Druid would accomplish what you guys want it to--in a world without Druid your slow decks are going to get farmed by quest mage anyway.

This makes no sense. Quest mage was on the rise because it had some favorable match ups, but according to vs live data the match ups aren't even that good. Druid is not holding back quest mage. In a world where druid doesn't exist at all, quest mage still gets farmed by pirate warrior and like 5 other decks including control paladin apparently.

Ketch

So I'm playing shadowreaoer raza priest, but I'm stuck on super shitty internet, and every time I play glimmer root the game bugs out and the 3 choices just get stuck on my screen which prevents me from playing any cards.

So I need a suitable 3 drop replacement for glimmer root.

Cat Party

So I'm playing shadowreaoer raza priest, but I'm stuck on super shitty internet, and every time I play glimmer root the game bugs out and the 3 choices just get stuck on my screen which prevents me from playing any cards.

Talon priest.

wiibomb

This makes no sense. Quest mage was on the rise because it had some favorable match ups, but according to vs live data the match ups aren't even that good. Druid is not holding back quest mage. In a world where druid doesn't exist at all, quest mage still gets farmed by pirate warrior and like 5 other decks including control paladin apparently.

that's what you took from what TankUP said?

the point is: complaining is pretty terrible in any thread, instead of complaining, why not make another kind of conversation. To be honest these last couple of pages have been terrible. People complaining for each thing the don't like and asking for nerfs/deletions/rotations everywhere.

Also, I think druid is actually good matchup for quest mage, I have lost several times against it because they can complete everything in time for when I start putting my big threats. Murlocadin can completely shut druids with a good draw. Elemental mage is nuts in everything not jade, because of the life gain and because Frost Lich is just... amazing.

if you don't have talonpriest may be an acolite of pain? I think we need your list to check which would be the best

Dahbomb

Today I played Jade Druid in Standard myself.

Eh.... Houston we definitely have a problem. I don't remember feeling this powerful playing a deck. I honestly don't even think Midrange Shaman was as powerful as this, like I am basically blowing out opponents in games. Closest I got to losing was against a Hunter who got me down to 6 HP and then I gained like 20 armor and well outside of his reach.

This is probably Pirate Warrior tier right now and PW is still an insanely good deck that people are sleeping on.

that's what you took from what TankUP said?

the point is: complaining is pretty terrible in any thread, instead of complaining, why not make another kind of conversation. To be honest these last couple of pages have been terrible. People complaining for each thing the don't like and asking for nerfs/deletions/rotations everywhere.

Also, I think quest mage is actually good matchup for quest mage, I have lost several times against it because they can complete everything in time for when I start putting my big threats. Murlocadin can completely shut druids with a good draw. Elemental mage is nuts in everything not jade, because of the life gain and because Frost Lich is just... amazing.

When you're telling people to shut up, should at least be accurate. Quest mage doesn't exist in this meta and it's not being held back by just druid, but pretty much the entire meta. And I don't see anyone telling him to stop complaining about priest and control warrior. w/e

TankUP

I never said quest mage was being suppressed by Druid. What I was saying was that quest mage would just take over as the deck everyone was complaining about. "I can't play control because quest mage exists; I should not be forced to run tech cards like Dirty Rat or Secret Eater because Blizzard can't balance their game; when will they rotate Ice block it's been ruining the game since classic and it has to go!" etc. All the same shit people say about druid updated for new meta boogeyman.

It might not even be quest mage, maybe it would be Raza priest or something. But as long as bad match ups exist and cards have text on them people are gonna whinge.

Quest rogue got nerfed and did people stop bitching? Nope. Just moved on to screeching about Glyph instead.

Same thing will happen when Druid gets adjusted.

Dahbomb

Quest Mage sucks, it's not going to break the meta anytime soon. You are more likely to get complaints about Secret Mage or Burn Mage. Glyph is still a busted card, I don't care if Mage is the worst class in the game.

TankUP

Quest Mage sucks, it's not going to break the meta anytime soon. You are more likely to get complaints about Secret Mage or Burn Mage. Glyph is still a busted card, I don't care if Mage is the worst class in the game.

That is so far beside the point, but I'm just so glad the complaint meta has inevitably shifted to a shit all over Levi meta again. Sorry I tried to post something besides "fuck druid".

Complaining about complaints is no fucking better. "Shut the fuck up" certainly ain't no way to get the conversation in a direction you'd like.

If I wanna discuss Innervate or Ice Block or anything really I'll do so thank you very much. If no one takes me up on that then it'll fade away and be replaced by other arguments.

Dahbomb

That is so far beside the point, but I'm just so glad the complaint meta has inevitably shifted to a shit all over Levi meta again. Sorry I tried to post something besides "fuck druid".
This was not a "shitting on Levi" comment, this was an opinion about Mages in general. This was not even directed at "Levi", I was speaking in general.

You know right now at Legend, Druid is making up 40% of the meta. That's actually past Undertaker level if it holds for that long. I don't expect it to hold that long but it's no longer whining if you say that Druid is really good right now.

Ketch

Talon priest.

if you don't have talonpriest may be an acolite of pain? I think we need your list to check which would be the best

### Highlander
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Mind Vision
# 1x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 1x (1) Potion of Madness
# 1x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Golakka Crawler
# 1x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 1x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (2) Spirit Lash
# 1x (3) Curious Glimmerroot
# 1x (3) Kabal Talonpriest
# 1x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 1x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 1x (4) Greater Healing Potion
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Tortollan Shellraiser
# 1x (5) Devour Mind
# 1x (5) Holy Nova
# 1x (5) Lyra the Sunshard
# 1x (5) Raza the Chained
# 1x (6) Cabal Shadow Priest
# 1x (6) Dragonfire Potion
# 1x (7) Archbishop Benedictus
# 1x (8) Free From Amber
# 1x (8) Medivh, the Guardian
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
# 1x (9) Obsidian Statue
#
AAECAa0GHpAC5QTtBckGigfLCNMK1wryDKG3AoO7ArW7Are7Ati7AvC7Auq/AtHBAtjBAtnBAtzBApvCAuTCApnIAr7IAsbMAuXMAubMAonNAvDPApDTAgAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Maybe forbidden shaping in for glimmer root? Good synergy with Lyra and shadowreaper. How does it work with medivh?

Or maybe mc tech?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Why would you not complain about busted stuff? Especially after how Quest Rogue got got.

Dahbomb

I forgot what I gave the Druid DK but I feel I underrated it just a bit. The versatility is really strong and at 7 mana it gets on board quickly with the Druid ramps and Innervates.

TankUP

Complaining about complaints is no fucking better. "Shut the fuck up" certainly ain't no way to get the conversation in a direction you'd like.

I didn't tell anyone to shut up. I tried to contribute something different to discuss and expressed my opinion that complaining is not productive and no matter what is done people are going to be upset about something.
Please don't misrepresent my words like that. I get enough shit for my actual opinions I don't need to get shit for something I never said.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Why would you not complain about busted stuff? Especially after how Quest Rogue got got.

Complaining makes for a shitty thread that no one wants to read or participate in.

If you want to TALK about stuff, or have a discussion about it. That's something. But constant whining about Priests, Druids, Warriors, whatever else is not helpful and actively harmful. If you want to have a discussion, have a discussion. If you want to just bitch about whatever, go to reddit and do it there.

wiibomb

### Highlander
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Mind Vision
# 1x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 1x (1) Potion of Madness
# 1x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Golakka Crawler
# 1x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 1x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (2) Spirit Lash
# 1x (3) Curious Glimmerroot
# 1x (3) Kabal Talonpriest
# 1x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 1x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 1x (4) Greater Healing Potion
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Tortollan Shellraiser
# 1x (5) Devour Mind
# 1x (5) Holy Nova
# 1x (5) Lyra the Sunshard
# 1x (5) Raza the Chained
# 1x (6) Cabal Shadow Priest
# 1x (6) Dragonfire Potion
# 1x (7) Archbishop Benedictus
# 1x (8) Free From Amber
# 1x (8) Medivh, the Guardian
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
# 1x (9) Obsidian Statue
#
AAECAa0GHpAC5QTtBckGigfLCNMK1wryDKG3AoO7ArW7Are7Ati7AvC7Auq/AtHBAtjBAtnBAtzBApvCAuTCApnIAr7IAsbMAuXMAubMAonNAvDPApDTAgAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Maybe forbidden shaping in for glimmer root? Good synergy with Lyra and shadowreaper. How does it work with medivh?

may be an acolyte of pain, that makes you some card draw, if not, a throughsteal wouldn't be that bad, I saw some priest decks using it. One of the more important parts of priest would behaving enough cards to try and kill stuff with DK anduin hero power.

there is also the option to replace your normal ooze for glutinous ooze and then find another different 2 cost card.

I didn't tell anyone to shut up. I tried to contribute something different to discuss and expressed my opinion that complaining is not productive and no matter what is done people are going to be upset about something.
Please don't misrepresent my words like that. I get enough shit.

No, you're telling people to shut up about complaints they have. It's thinly veiled considering your posts on the discord.

"yeah the thread is a horror show. acting like if druid was nerfed suddenly the game would be perfect for them when they'd just pick something else to bitch about."

And calling it the "complain meta" is not helping your case either.

TankUP

So what do y'all like about the new set? Anything at all?

And calling it the "complain meta" is not helping your case either.

Complaint meta is an old joke. Because there will always be one. People are always gonna lose to something and go online to vent.

Didn't mean to start shit, tell people what to say or thing, etc. Just tried to add something different to the conversation.

wiibomb

I forgot what I gave the Druid DK but I feel I underrated it just a bit. The versatility is really strong and at 7 mana it gets on board quickly with the Druid ramps and Innervates.

it really became one of the best ones. I never considered how quickly druid can ramp when it really wants to do it.

and the versatility of the hero power makes it amazing: do you have a big board? then do spiders. Are you falling behind? do taunts.

I still think it is one of the... "less creative" hero cards, but it is still a damn good at what it does.

Sande

I never said quest mage was being suppressed by Druid. What I was saying was that quest mage would just take over as the deck everyone was complaining about. "I can't play control because quest mage exists; I should not be forced to run tech cards like Dirty Rat or Secret Eater because Blizzard can't balance their game; when will they rotate Ice block it's been ruining the game since classic and it has to go!" etc. All the same shit people say about druid updated for new meta boogeyman.

It might not even be quest mage, maybe it would be Raza priest or something. But as long as bad match ups exist and cards have text on them people are gonna whinge.

Quest rogue got nerfed and did people stop bitching? Nope. Just moved on to screeching about Glyph instead.

Same thing will happen when Druid gets adjusted.
This way of thinking is just so wrong. There's never going to be a perfect balance so why balance at all, right?

Please don't misrepresent my words like that. I get enough shit for my actual opinions I don't need to get shit for something I never said.
Sorry somehow melded your comment with the interpretation from Mobius. I retract my post.
Complaining makes for a shitty thread that no one wants to read or participate in.

If you want to TALK about stuff, or have a discussion about it. That's something. But constant whining about Priests, Druids, Warriors, whatever else is not helpful and actively harmful. If you want to have a discussion, have a discussion. If you want to just bitch about whatever, go to reddit and do it there.
I'm confused the thread moved very fast during the discussion about Innervate that'd suggest people wanted to participate not the opposite.

If this is about my grievances about Priest I just occasionally post that when I face priests and get agitated I'll try cutting back on that.
This was not a "shitting on Levi" comment, this was an opinion about Mages in general. This was not even directed at "Levi", I was speaking in general.
I misinterpreted that at first too the meta shits on what he likes not we did.

Hybris

I like that warlock is actually playable again. Handlock is one of all time favorites, hopefully it stays at least tier 3 relevance. I think it will because of how much aoe it has access to now.

I like this set a lot more than expected.

The Hero cards are great w/o being OP, most are perfectly balanced. It's pretty much just Priest where they fucked up imo.

I'm tempted to craft TLK mostly for rogue doubling one of these DK cards with valeera gotta be good.

I think our discussion about negative points about the game is healthy. And most of it is constructive. Okay, we can do without the "fuck priest class" level of comments, but when we talked about innervate it was not toxic, it was a thoughtful and appropriate discussion about a card many of us for a long time have felt is a problem for the game. Never venting your frustrations or criticisms is not healthy. And doing it in a constructive way is healthy.

Sorry if not everyone wants to talk or read about innervate/druid issues, but that is just simply not going to stop because you don't like it. You don't have to participate in those discussions.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I like that there's a lot of variety in deckbuilding. The last one was full of themes that basically forced you to build decks in one specific way.

Sande

I didn't say that. Please dont put words in my mouth.
Not straight up but that's the ultimate conclusion of that line of thinking.

"If you nerf [most broken thing] people are going to complain about [2nd most broken thing]" is not a good argument against criticizing or nerfing OP stuff. It's meaningless.

wiibomb

do any of you perceive that this sets main flag theme has been much more successful than Ungoro flag theme?

I feel that DKs are much more used than what quests where used in the ungoro meta.

I've seen decks of every single class with its DK, even from hunter.

Blizzard

Banned
100% agreed. Every time I face a priest, my will to play the game just plummets
Yep, unlike Priest I have confidence against a strong Druid player that I'll actually lose in a finite amount of time, and/or they might occasionally not have an answer to a situation. I started playing Priest and I even kind of hate that with how long it takes.

TankUP

Not straight up but that's the ultimate conclusion of that line of thinking.

"If you nerf [most broken thing] people are going to complain about [2nd most broken thing]" is not a good argument against criticizing or nerfing OP stuff. It's meaningless.

I never said that Druid shouldn't get nerfed. In fact I said the opposite. Pointing out that complaining isn't going to stop even when Druid gets nerfed was a mistake on my part. I don't think I'm wrong, but it's irrelevant to what I was trying to stay.

Blizzard

Banned
Today I played Jade Druid in Standard myself.

Eh.... Houston we definitely have a problem. I don't remember feeling this powerful playing a deck. I honestly don't even think Midrange Shaman was as powerful as this, like I am basically blowing out opponents in games. Closest I got to losing was against a Hunter who got me down to 6 HP and then I gained like 20 armor and well outside of his reach.

This is probably Pirate Warrior tier right now and PW is still an insanely good deck that people are sleeping on.
What decklist did you use for Standard? I've been looking for the most broken, impossible to fail with Druid deck for a while that doesn't require crafting 2+ legendaries. I only have Fandral and 2 Ultimate Infestation I think.

do any of you perceive that this sets main flag theme has been much more successful than Ungoro flag theme?

I feel that DKs are much more used than what quests where used in the ungoro meta.

I've seen decks of every single class with its DK, even from hunter.
I've played against every single quest in ranked before so I wouldn't say so right now. It'll have to show once lists and the meta refines.

We're barely into week 2 of the set.

Top Bottom