• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Grief.exe

I've been playing Secret Mage today and it seems to farm Jade Druid. I'm like 7-2 against Jade Druid. The only problem is it absolutely gets obliterated by aggro decks.

wiibomb

What decklist did you use for Standard? I've been looking for the most broken, impossible to fail with Druid deck for a while that doesn't require crafting 2+ legendaries. I only have Fandral and 2 Ultimate Infestation I think.

do you have the DK? it's pretty key to the deck. Although you might win several games without it.

this is my list:

### Jade Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 1x (1) Earthen Scales
# 2x (1) Jade Idol
# 1x (2) Druid of the Swarm
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) Jade Blossom
# 1x (4) Fandral Staghelm
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 1x (5) Big Game Hunter
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (5) Spreading Plague
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Jade Behemoth
# 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
# 2x (8) Primordial Drake
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
#
AAECAZICBvkMrqsClL0C+cACm80CmdMCDEBf/gHEBuQItLsCy7wCz7wC3b4CyccCoM0Ch84CAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It doesn't have Kun, but this deck is... yeah... I just need to say it's pretty powerful

I've played against every single quest in ranked before so I wouldn't say so right now. It'll have to show once lists and the meta refines.

We're barely into week 2 of the set.

yup, that is true, still early, I don't expect shaman and hunter to be running their DK cards by the end of the meta.

I'm also seeing Paladin a little bit lacking in use, but may be because paladin already has an insane amount of tools already.

Blizzard

Banned
do you have the DK? it's pretty key to the deck. Although you might win several games without it.

this is my list:

### Jade Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 1x (1) Earthen Scales
# 2x (1) Jade Idol
# 1x (2) Druid of the Swarm
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) Jade Blossom
# 1x (4) Fandral Staghelm
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 1x (5) Big Game Hunter
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (5) Spreading Plague
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Jade Behemoth
# 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
# 2x (8) Primordial Drake
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
#
AAECAZICBvkMrqsClL0C+cACm80CmdMCDEBf/gHEBuQItLsCy7wCz7wC3b4CyccCoM0Ch84CAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It doesn't have Kun, but this deck is... yeah... I just need to say it's pretty powerful

yup, that is true, still early, I don't expect shaman and hunter to be running their DK cards by the end of the meta.

I'm also seeing Paladin a little bit lacking in use, but may be because paladin already has an insane amount of tools already.
Thanks. I think that's pretty close to whatever my latest Jade Druid deck was. I forgot to mention I finally crafted Aya so that's good.

I suppose I'll need to craft the Druid death knight. I wanted to craft the Paladin one but I'm in no rush since I doubt Paladin is getting nerfed.

Is Big Game Hunter key? I don't think I have that.

Nachos

when buying packs should you always buy newest? never bought any Un'Goro packs, just wondering if I should get some or not?
You should at least get enough to get your first legendary. I don't know if you've taken a break or have stopped paying attention to the game until recently, but now you're guaranteed to get a legendary within your first 10 packs of every expansion you've never opened one for before.

Plus, Un'Goro added a lot of new staple cards for various classes, so depending on what your favorites are, you'll likely want at least some.

when buying packs should you always buy newest? never bought any Un'Goro packs, just wondering if I should get some or not?

If you are new I would focus on Classic packs first. There is lots of helpful cards in there that will belong in every deck in the game going forward.

wiibomb

this is true:

You should at least get enough to get your first legendary. I don't know if you've taken a break or have stopped paying attention to the game until recently, but now you're guaranteed to get a legendary within your first 10 packs of every expansion you've never opened one for before.

Plus, Un'Goro added a lot of new staple cards for various classes, so depending on your favorite classes, you'll likely want at least some.

but also take in mind that Ungoro, Knights of the Frozen Throne, Whispers of the Old Gods and all expansions released in the future will rotate out of standard and go to wild, The safest bet you have are the classic cards, those never rotate out from standard and they make a solid base for all classes, you might want to focus on those if you are starting.

GRaider81

If you are new I would focus on Classic packs first. There is lots of helpful cards in there that will belong in every deck in the game going forward.

Plus, Un'Goro added a lot of new staple cards for various classes, so depending on your class, you'll likely want at least some.

Sorry should have been clearer, I have a bunch of classic cards and all the SP expansions, I fell off the game before Un'Goro but Im back after preordering the KFT.

Its pay day so was going to buy around 40-50 packs but not sure if i should get more Frozen Throne, Un Goro or a mixture of both.

wiibomb

Thanks. I think that's pretty close to whatever my latest Jade Druid deck was. I forgot to mention I finally crafted Aya so that's good.

I suppose I'll need to craft the Druid death knight. I wanted to craft the Paladin one but I'm in no rush since I doubt Paladin is getting nerfed.

Is Big Game Hunter key? I don't think I have that.

aya is just essential to the jade decks, good you crafted that one. If I could suggest one DK to craft from those 2, I would chose druid DK in a heartbeat, it is just too good.

BGH is not key, it's very used for the recent meta, but try running a spellbreaker like I did until yesterday, it works well.

Sorry should have been clearer, I have a bunch of classic cards and all the SP expansions, I fell off the game before Un'Goro but Im back after preordering the KFT.

Its pay day so was going to buy around 40-50 packs but not sure if i should get more Frozen Throne, Un Goro or a mixture of both.

go ungoro, the decks are running a lot of cards and if you buy 50 packs, you are guaranteed at least 2 legendaries

GRaider81

aya is just essential to the jade decks, good you crafted that one. If I could suggest one DK to craft from those 2, I would chose druid DK in a heartbeat, it is just too good.

BGH is not key, it's very used for the recent meta, but try running a spellbreaker like I did until yesterday, it works well.

go ungoro, the decks are running a lot of cards and if you buy 50 packs, you are guaranteed at least 2 legendaries

Ok cheers

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

You should probably get packs for whatever expansion you don't have 95% of commons and rares, or at least 100% of the commons and rares you want.

Then probably whatever expansion has the most epics you need to craft, and finally legendaries.

If you have none of either, I guess buying Un'Goro should work because your free packs are the new expansion.

Sande

I never said that Druid shouldn't get nerfed. In fact I said the opposite. Pointing out that complaining isn't going to stop even when Druid gets nerfed was a mistake on my part. I don't think I'm wrong, but it's irrelevant to what I was trying to stay.
Then I'm not sure what you're even trying to say. Like, sure, people will always complain. They'll complain even more when given something genuinely worth complaining about. And lets face it, HS has never had a shortage of that.

Fewr

You got some good cards, but to be honest, Hunter is by far the cheapest class to build a competitive deck for a new player. Sadly, there is no real place for some of your opened cards in a good Hunter deck

This is one of the cheapest decks you could build, and with practice you will go up the ranks.
This is good advice.

Tagyhag

I think the AI in the game likes to troll lol.

I was fighting Skelasaurus Hex (I think I have over 500 matches against it) and the last card that it gives me before killing me with a freaking silent assassin is a tree of life.

TankUP

Then I'm not sure what you're even trying to say. Like, sure, people will always complain. They'll complain even more when given something genuinely worth complaining about. And lets face it, HS has never had a shortage of that.

It was an off-hand comment in a thread with a lot of words--a minor observation that was meant to be slightly tongue in cheek. Let's move on.

In my continuing effort to hoard as much gold as possible for the next expansion, I noticed I am about to break 1000 gold after a week of play. Based on my imperfect math that is an average of 105 gold per day since launch. There is at least 100 days between each expansion, so with luck, and a lot of free time, I am well on the way to break 10,000 (which is the goal I set). If Blizzard are nice, and offer another double gold event, and give me some decent daily quests, I could go higher. I think 12,000 would be my absolute limit.

Magnus

I don't rage often in this game. Somehow, I didn't even mind the prevalence of Pirate Warrior or Quest Rogue THAT much. But Exodia decks? That shit INFURIATES me. Whatever those other decks are, Exodia feels even less 'interactive' than those. One turn kills are annoying as fuck.

Hycran

Banned
Just picked up my golden Shaman, adding that to Druid, Warrior, Hunter, and Paladin.

Need some input on which class to play ranked.

Warlock: Would need to spend 3200 to craft Guldan and the Lich King
Mage: Doesn't seem to have too many strong decks right now but i've got most of the cards for it
Rogue: Also doesn't seem to have many strong decks available.
Priest: Would need to craft two obsidian statutes (800), the lich King and Y'Shaarj (3200) = 4000 dust to make big priest, effectively wiping out my entire dust supply. Going Highlander priest is out of the question as I'm missing Elise, The Lich King, Velen, and Raza.

I'm leaning towards hopefully finding a viable mage deck, failing that, probably just biting the bullet and crafting for the control warlock deck. I could string together a lot of dust at any time but im trying my best to not DE any goldens.

I don't rage often in this game. Somehow, I didn't even mind the prevalence of Pirate Warrior or Quest Rogue THAT much. But Exodia decks? That shit INFURIATES me. Whatever those other decks are, Exodia feels even less 'interactive' than those. One turn kills are annoying as fuck.
It was a fine deck as long as it was under the radar. People were always gonna start complaining once it became more prevalent in use.

I like it personally because it's a fun combo that's only ever gonna be good in a degenerate meta.

Magnus

It was a fine deck as long as it was under the radar. People were always gonna start complaining once it became more prevalent in use.

I like it personally because it's a fun combo that's only ever gonna be good in a degenerate meta.

I mean, I have all the cards for it. Maybe I should try it and learn to embrace it. I simply can't get above rank 10 anymore.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I wish i was playing against all these Exodia decks that y'all are facing.

I have build the OTK paladin DK deck and have never once gotten off the combo. It wins through normal control paladin means of grinding out their threats and then plopping down a 3rd Tirion or that OP Lifesteal weapon when near fatigue. The actual combo has never once worked out in a game. I've gotten close a couple times, but actually getting that combo off in a game is really tough.

At least the Quest Mage deck (which let's be clear is MUCH better than the OTK Paladin one) has lots of ways to generate spells from outside the deck. The paladin OTK relies on 1 mana spells AND coins generated via Burgly Bully. You can 100% stop the OTK in Standard by killing the Burgly Bully (or Bullies) without giving them any coins. If you do that, the OTK is impossible. So there's some matchup knowledge for you. If you think the paladin is trying to do the Exodia thing (which let's be clear is a worse version of the regular paladin control deck which is not at all the best paladin deck out there), kill the Burgly Bully and give them 0 coins. Game over for them.

In Wild, of course it's much easier to pull off due to Emperor Thaurissan, but also still a pretty bad OTK deck since there are faster ones out there.

Magnus

Well, I built the Exodia Mage deck. It actually failed twice due to overwhelming aggro by turn 4 or 5. But I nailed it on the third try. Fuck, I feel disgusting. But, I won. So...I guess, that's cool.

There was an enjoyable tension to surviving by the skin of my teeth each turn.

edit-

I mean...I guess it's golden. Hurray?

q1a6XaT.jpg

Magnus

hey at least it isn't a golden prince. that card might be viable if discardlock somehow get a good support on next expansions

Fair enough. I suppose we WANT to get the shitty legendaries as goldens. You don't feel as bad about dusting them to get another legendary for free. I actually had to craft the Mage Quest card earlier, so I feel like I just got it for free, I guess!

I've got like 6 golden legendaries I don't really ever use, now, so that's a cushy dust pile.

wiibomb

Fair enough. I suppose we WANT to get the shitty legendaries as goldens. You don't feel as bad about dusting them to get another legendary for free. I actually had to craft the Mage Quest card earlier, so I feel like I just got it for free, I guess!

I've got like 6 golden legendaries I don't really ever use, now, so that's a cushy dust pile.

I got the 3-prince as a golden. I suppose it's excellent fodder for another legendary, but I actually feel bad about disenchanting it, I mean... it's a golden legendary. I won't be seeing that many times in my life.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I feel pretty proud of my Wild decks at this point, climbing from rank 14 to 11 with them all having a good winrate. I'd still love feedback if anyone has any.

Handbuff Paladin
Code: AAEBAZ8FBIUXvL0C8gX6Bg3jywKzuwKFEPe8AuoPuhObwgL30AKW6AKbywLPBvm/ApW8AgA=

Patron Warrior
Code: AAEBAQcE0gKgsAKGzQKf0wINFpADkQPUBPwEjgWRBrII+wyNDucRr80Cus4CAA==

Midrange Hunter
Code: AAEBAR8GyQSHBJ3MAvIFhtMC+AwMicMClwjEDo7DArm0AvcN1BG1A/4MqALrB+0JAA==

I'm mostly just trying to figure out if spellbreaker or black knight or both or neither are needed for the current meta. It looks like spellbreaker was a commonly used card in the previous wild meta, so that's mostly why I'm using it in two of my decks here.

Dahbomb

I saw the Kibler top 5 card list and it's a good list. Yeah it doesn't have UI but all the cards in it are genuinely good cards. Warlock might be the worst class but Defile is an easy 5/5 card.

Malfurion DK is very good, I really underrated it personally. Once you use it then you really feel its power because of its versatility.

As far as the expansion as a whole goes, the cards are still cool but the expansion hasn't made a big enough impact yet when it comes to newer archetypes. Maybe that will change in the future, I personally really like the Dead Man Warrior deck that has a ton of draw, Arcane Giants and Warrior DK.

I think one of the reasons the expansion isn't living up to potential is because of some of the really good cards of the past 2 expansions.

patches
mark of the lotus
gentle megasaur
rockpool hunter
earthen scales

These are some of the cards that are the reason the meta is the way it is, that were introduced in the last 2 expansions previous to thrones.

Bizazedo

Told myself I would stop getting Knights packs after the next Legendary and start saving for the next expansion. Today I logged in and finally cleared out Sindragosa's wing.

Pack reward was a golden Keening Banshee ( :( ) and Malfurion DK ( :) ).

Okay, I'll stop getting packs now.

sibarraz

Banned
I'm trying to play hunter, and spreading plague is an insta gg. And hunter doesn't really hace a way to play around since its strategy is flood the board. unless you get some lucky buffs with bearshark

Triz

I know it isn't top tier, but there is something damn fun about Zombeast Hunter. Making an 8 mana 7/6 silence owl crossed with stealth tiger. Just puts a smile on my face.

I just beat a Priest that resurrected Ragnaros 5 times starting from turn 5. WHEW. Incredible and epic match.

I know it isn't top tier, but there is something damn fun about Zombeast Hunter. Making an 8 mana 7/6 silence owl crossed with stealth tiger. Just puts a smile on my face.

One of two interesting Deathknight cards in this game.

Top Bottom