• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Hybris

Idk why some of you are so down on rogue in this thread. It's a very good meta for a rogue player atm. My legend climb stats from rank 5 to legend was over 70% winrate this season. Highest it has ever been for a miracle rogue climb for me. It's decently positioned against the 2 most common decks I faced on the climb, which was midrange murloc pally and jade druid. My stats against aggro token druid were actually above 57% this time as well. Valanar is crazy good against aggro. I think it's as strong as a 5% winrate swing when I play it against aggro decks which is nuts. I also think 2 sap 1 vilespine is extremely strong right now. The way to beat jade druid and paladin is insane tempo swings. Nothing swings tempo like a sap on a spikeridged card or on a big jade minion.

Murloc paladin I played against was insane. He had the nuts curve but he didn't even trade a single time, I could punish him with a dozen of cards, I was priest, but nothing he just went face face face and my hand was bad, drew no spell whatsoever. It's just a terrible terrible player, rolled high on megasaur (I hate this card), got a lucky win. His plays were completely awful and didn't make any sense. Free trade on north shire, nope leave it up, must get 3 damage face!

sounds like he found the right line. You didn't have answers for many turns playing around you drawing them only gives you more time to do so.

Ikkarus

I didn't have much drive this month to climb to legend but I did climb from rank 8 to rank 5 today with Demonlock.

Faced so many druids on my climb, mostly jade and one taunt druid.

I love being able to drop a giant on turn 4 and then back it up with Faceless Shambler the next turn. It makes the druid go from being in control to panic mode very quickly with double swipes and UI being thrown at them. It also makes them spend their mana on removal rather than ramping or dropping jades too.

Soon as I throw down the Abyssal Enforcers and resurrect them with the Warlock DK it's too late for them usually.

I might see if I can make the deck reach legend but I'm definitely having a lot of fun with the deck.

Ladekabel

People shit on Priest but Mage is the class I always forget I hate playing against the most. Constant freezes from their deck and out of their ass. Ice Block rendering your whole turn unusable. The only fun thing about Ice Block is that it requires you to attack with your minions in a specific order for the best outcome. They should change the card to let you survive with 1HP if you take fatal damage or HoF that shit asap.

Grief.exe

Idk why some of you are so down on rogue in this thread. It's a very good meta for a rogue player atm. My legend climb stats from rank 5 to legend was over 70% winrate this season. Highest it has ever been for a miracle rogue climb for me. It's decently positioned against the 2 most common decks I faced on the climb, which was midrange murloc pally and jade druid. My stats against aggro token druid were actually above 57% this time as well. Valanar is crazy good against aggro. I think it's as strong as a 5% winrate swing when I play it against aggro decks which is nuts. I also think 2 sap 1 vilespine is extremely strong right now. The way to beat jade druid and paladin is insane tempo swings. Nothing swings tempo like a sap on a spikeridged card or on a big jade minion.

I've always wanted to give Miracle Rogue a spin, but I'm missing some epics (Vilespine, Shadow caster, and Preparation) and I would have to craft Edwin and Valera. I actually have a golden Sharazin and Valanar too.

Deck looks like so much fun.

Do you have a decklist?

Ikkarus

this month climb to legend is super easy mode tho
All depends on the deck you take in though.

I personally don't like playing with druid, the lack of hard removal has always been something I've never liked about the class. I do however love the choose 1 mechanic. Just wished that wasn't just limited to druid.

Hybris

I've always wanted to give Miracle Rogue a spin, but I'm missing some epics (Vilespine, Shadow caster, and Preparation) and I would have to craft Edwin and Valera. I actually have a golden Sharazin and Valanar too.

Deck looks like so much fun.

Do you have a decklist?

I'm at work atm so I can't post the deck code, but it's this list with

-2 razorpetal lasher
-1 vilespine
-1 Sherazin
-2 SI:7
+2 sap
+2 Questing
+1 Prince Valanar
+1 Shadowblade

3 drops are flexible and I change them around quite often depending on what I'm facing. I've tried Valeera and it doesn't really fit the game plan of giants miracle imo. 9 mana is when you should be finishing off your opponent, not setting up. Can't give druids that much time to do their thing. Edwin is a must. IIRC it's the highest winrate card in the deck when played.

Ranked Wild 20 - 10 was the easiest run I have had in the game since I started playing. I have not tracked, but I guess I have at least 80% win rate. I grew to hate the current state of standard, so just stopped caring/playing a Rank 6.

I might end up hitting Rank 5 in Wild.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Ranked Wild 20 - 10 was the easiest run I have had in the game since I started playing. I have not tracked, but I guess I have at least 80% win rate. I grew to hate the current state of standard, so just stopped caring/playing a Rank 6.

Running what.

I'm kinda sick of people going "stop complaining and just counter it" to everyone complaining about Druid. Like do you really think people have not bothered to try and counter it? I can play the counter decks all day, doesn't mean I have fun playing against 80% druids on ladder and that that makes it somehow not a problem. I'm currently absolutely sick of playing ranked cause it's so goddamn boring to keep playing that matchup.

Just ward their jungle

fertygo

I'm kinda sick of people going "stop complaining and just counter it" to everyone complaining about Druid. Like do you really think people have not bothered to try and counter it? I can play the counter decks all day, doesn't mean I have fun playing against 80% druids on ladder and that that makes it somehow not a problem. I'm currently absolutely sick of playing ranked cause it's so goddamn boring to keep playing that matchup.

Just ward their jungle

I also think no way there will be effective counter found for druid, and we can only wait for balancing act

but at same time I think its understandable no way they can nerf thing this fast, even if just for technicalities..
I think nerf gonna down around early october, and its an reasonable timeframe.

Running what.

The start was total Pirate Warrior (as I was in a rush to try and earn some gold), but 15-10 was a mix of everything. Murloc Druid, some form of Discovery Mage I used last expansion with Mage DK added. The annoying resurrection Priest from Standard with the Blackrock Mountain Resurrect card added in. Also the old Renolock, as it was the only fully Wild deck I had saved.

I was just having fun trying new things, but still ranked up, which is what I am missing in Standard right now.

I might settle on Renolock if I am going to go try to go higher, but the current net deck, seem too different than what I am used too, so not sure what to do.

TankUP

Got up to rank 7 in standard, fell to 8, got tilted, switched to wild, and climbed from 19 to 10 with a 79% win rate with a Razakus Priest built about Spawn of Shadows.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_08-20-17_17.16.48.png

Now I'm 95 wins away from Golden Priest so I'm gonna keep cheesing this combo in wild this month and hopefully hit rank 5+ while I'm at it.

Levi, that deck is broken good. Someone on Reddit got to rank 1 legend with a 70% WR.

Just ward their jungle
This is how metas go. Rumors spread of a broken deck. Everyone tries to climb with it. People tech against it. People play it less because losing to tech cards suck. Meta diversifies.

Wild climb to 5 was easy and fast. The climb to legendary has been a tough one though. Wild tends to have an easier climb because there are so many more home made decks. Well... It used to mostly be home brew, but then the Reaper VS came out. Now most netdeck like in Standard. :(

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe there's a control shaman that'll be good against druid?

Like, what can druid do against a Earth Elemental or 4 mana 7/7? Maybe even throw in the new overload giants.

Q8D3vil

Like, what can druid do against a Earth Elemental or 4 mana 7/7? Maybe even throw in the new overload giants.
Control Shaman is too freaking slow to do anything, I'm sure that matchup is at least 99.9% winrate for druid.

TankUP

If you're taking that tack, you're better off high-rolling with Big Priest. Most Jade Druids run tech cards -- silence or MCT or even BGH. They can taunt up better, draw better, and over-run you with giant minions while half your turns you're passing because of overload.

sibarraz

Banned

Problem is that the overloaded crystales hurt you a lot, specially against a class that already can ramp to insane levels. I defeated jade druid the 2 times that I used that deck, but still was very close to him, and also the deck has problems against other archetypes

wiibomb

most of the good decks against druids are actually aggro decks. usually druids are too slow to deal with them before they die. That is, if they don't have a Spreading the Plague in hand on time.

Hybris

most of the good decks against shamans are actually aggro decks. usually druids are too slow to deal with them before they die. That is, if they don't have a Spreading the Plague in hand on time.

I see shamanstone is still affecting us on a subconscious level :p

manhack

I crafted the warlock dk and running the Kazakus version with krul at rank 3. It's not tier 1 or even tier 2, but it's not stale. Ofc, it's much more fun when you're playing a control mirror. Try it if you're bored.

Did you post the list? I think I just spectated you while you were playing someone on my friends list at rank 3 and he was rank 2. You beat him ;)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I tried Qarlock a few times, as I opened all the cards needed over the last few expansions but found it rarely works. When you get the quest off you are already far too far behind, and those extra stats each turn rarely do enough.

The variant using Deathwing to discard all the needed cards in one turn works a tad better, as it is usually a surprise for the opponent, and you can build from there.

The deathwing is a good idea. Yeah i've noticed that the only time I ever pull the quest off is if i'm already winning.

Also the first match I played against a druid last night was the worst. Turn 2 innervate coin nourish wild growth. By my turn 5 he was already playing ultimate infestation and buffing his stupid taunts like crazy. Next time I see a druid i'll save myself the trouble and insta concede.

Mulgrok

equality is the druid equalizer. Spreading plague is way too OP though... gets at least 3/15 stats for 5 mana, and combined with cheap board wide buffs and innervates it makes for stupid swings early on.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
How the hell am I supposed to even keep a board up against Priest DK?

Swarms of low attack minions. They only have 1 Dragonfire potion in the Kazakus variant and 1 holy nova. In those cases you swarm them and after those removals they have nothing. You basically win if you can force out those board clears early.

In the Dragon variant they aren't running Kazakus and therefore have LOTS more boardclears. The game plan is the same, but you have a lot more work to force out the clears. In all cases aggressive decks will challenge them because they have limited ways to refill their hand and if you can force them to use their stuff clearing your early lead they won't be able to catch up with the DK because they need the healing.

equality is the druid equalizer. Spreading plague is way too OP though... gets at least 3/15 stats for 5 mana, and combined with cheap board wide buffs and innervates it makes for stupid swings early on.
However, it's really bad when you're ahead, and often a waste of a turn when you're behind.

people gushing about frostmourne when anti magic shell is the real BS

The truth. My health is always too iffy to steal the big guys with Frostmourne anyway.

Schnauzer

Pulled DK Druid. Guess I'm going to see what all the Druid Hype is all about.

I have Hadronox too. No N'zoth, Fandral, or Lich King though.

If your doing Jade Druid, Lich King is no longer used. Fandral has won me too many games to count. Fandral innervate DK is a sick combo itself.

Cockmagic

Neo Member
Did you post the list? I think I just spectated you while you were playing someone on my friends list at rank 3 and he was rank 2. You beat him ;)

Oh snap. Which deck was he playing?

Here's the list:

### dk handlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 1x (1) Mortal Coil
# 1x (1) Voidwalker
# 1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Defile
# 1x (2) Doomsayer
# 1x (2) Drain Soul
# 1x (2) Tainted Zealot
# 1x (3) Earthen Ring Farseer
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 1x (3) Kabal Courier
# 1x (3) Shadow Bolt
# 1x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (4) Blastcrystal Potion
# 1x (4) Hellfire
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 1x (4) Twilight Drake
# 1x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
# 1x (5) Doomguard
# 1x (5) Second-Rate Bruiser
# 1x (6) Dread Infernal
# 1x (6) Siphon Soul
# 1x (7) Abyssal Enforcer
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Krul the Unshackled
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
# 1x (12) Mountain Giant
#
AAECAf0GHjCKAfcE7QXyBdsGigeSB7YH4Qf7B40IxAjMCPMM2LsCsLwC2bwC3bwCyr8C/b8CysMC3sQC08UC58sCos0C980Cws4Cl9MCl+gCAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Fewr

Hit rank 15 this morning in ranked, this is a very big deal for me!

Mirror entitying the Lich king ends the game really quickly!
Godamn, finally hit Rank 15!!

With midrange/DK Hunter of all things in the end!
Congrats both!!

This is the first month I reach 15 too. Previous months I'd stop at 20-19. It's also the first time I get to make a decent deck.

Hycran

Banned
Oh snap. Which deck was he playing?

Here's the list:

Are you finding the deck successful? I'm playing a more conventional demon version and the cards just aren't strong enough to get you through half the time. I think this deck might be better as the cards individually are just better so you can make it to the late game and not need to rely on your demon summoning as much.

Top Bottom