• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Played OTK paladin and raza priest.

First raza list was super bad draws I guess. Moderately better list provided more consistent results despite only having only 1 more draw (no golakka or ooze, of course that is when I faced pirate warrior).

I feel like OTK paladin might be a legit deck. It's essentially control with a real end game option other than grinding them out or somehow snowballing out of control.

Holy shit I did it!

LzWsv8a.jpg

That was way better than getting adequate sleep!

Final boss was the most intense match of my life. Malygos Rogue who milled a Sinister Strike because he got Ancestral Knowledge from a Nexus-Champion Saraad he had from a Devolve I played and didn't think about the Overload, so he had to wait an extra turn to combo. He got me to 1 health and conceded. My eyes have never been wider as he threw two Sinister Strikes and a Petal at my face. I really lucked out on that last match.

For anyone curious about the deck I used:
### The Cycle
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (2) Ancestral Knowledge
# 2x (2) Ancestral Spirit
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 2x (2) Reincarnate
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Healing Wave
# 2x (3) Hex
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 1x (4) Barnes
# 2x (5) Earth Elemental
# 2x (5) Sludge Belcher
# 2x (5) Volcano
# 1x (5) White Eyes
# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
# 1x (8) Kel'Thuzad
# 1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAEBAaoIBvYCuQ2CDuCsAoW4Aqa8AgyUA/UE/gWyBvUIgQ6RDtITtBSgtgL2vQLHwQIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I am never doing that goddamn grind again! LOL

scarlet

What's there to be nervous about? You made your minimum goal, anything is bonus. You just keep playing without the rank in mind and do your best. When you start thinking about the rank then you get ladder anxiety.

In any case, I have realized that a Zoo deck might work with Skelemancer + Bonemare and the Eggs. More of Midrange/sticky style of Zoo, can definitely punish Jade Druids a bit.

Yeah, but the fact that I could actually do it increase my anxiety, I'm so afraid to play the games now.

Good luck, mayne!

Don't get too stressed! It's the journey, not the destination!

Thank you buddy

Holy shit I did it!

That was way better than getting adequate sleep!

Final boss was the most intense match of my life. Malygos Rogue who milled a Sinister Strike because he got Ancestral Knowledge from a Nexus-Champion Saraad he had from a Devolve I played and didn't think about the Overload, so he had to wait an extra turn to combo. He got me to 1 health and conceded. My eyes have never been wider as he threw two Sinister Strikes and a Petal at my face. I really lucked out on that last match.

For anyone curious about the deck I used:
### The Cycle
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (2) Ancestral Knowledge
# 2x (2) Ancestral Spirit
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 2x (2) Reincarnate
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Healing Wave
# 2x (3) Hex
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 1x (4) Barnes
# 2x (5) Earth Elemental
# 2x (5) Sludge Belcher
# 2x (5) Volcano
# 1x (5) White Eyes
# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
# 1x (8) Kel'Thuzad
# 1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAEBAaoIBvYCuQ2CDuCsAoW4Aqa8AgyUA/UE/gWyBvUIgQ6RDtITtBSgtgL2vQLHwQIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I am never doing that goddamn grind again! LOL

Congrats man!

*Pressure intensifies*

shoelacer

Banned
I have really shitty ladder anxiety at basically every stage of this game. I've topped out at 6 when I can autopilot my best decks

EDIT: Druid is not one of my best decks. I have a hard time figuring out the 'micro/macro' as it were.

If you feel anxiety, maybe try slowing down a lot. I think when people are anxious they tend to hasten their decisions, which leads to worse results over time. Try taking your whole turn to make a decision, even some that feel obvious. You'll find yourself catching some small mistakes here and there.

For this tavern brawl I've been playing DisguisedToast's OTK immune Knife Juggler/Grim Patron deck. Kinda apt considering I have the "Everyone! Get in here!" brawl quest.

I just played against a mage who didn't...have an end game? He had the cards of a control mage, but they didn't really have any board threats, nor did they have anything offensive spells that were aimed at beating me down.

It was weird. There weren't a time warp mage either, which would make sense if they kept controlling the board.(This was at rank 5 so unless they were trying a deck?)

Heropon

I thought I was lucky getting a legendary so soon after the last one and it was the three mana prince. WHY?

So far 2/3 legendaries opened have been princes. It makes me want to get Un'Goro packs again. :(

I just played against a mage who didn't...have an end game? He had the cards of a control mage, but they didn't really have any board threats, nor did they have anything offensive spells that were aimed at beating me down.

It was weird. There weren't a time warp mage either, which would make sense if they kept controlling the board.

What class were you? I know some people who think mulliganing the Quest is a viable strategy against certain classes

What class were you? I know some people who think mulliganing the Quest is a viable strategy against certain classes

Druid.

But even then it's like...they didn't have cabalists tome, they had the polymorph secret(And a polymorph for that matter), they didn't have cabalists tome, none of their minions were 'add a random spell', and there is no reason to mulligan quest against a druid since you can still control a druids ramp up and beat them(Especially since they were turn 2).

They had no kill potential at all. No fireballs thrown at me or my minions, only a couple of frostbolts, it was weird.

Druid.

But even then it's like...they didn't have cabalists tome, they had the polymorph secret(And a polymorph for that matter), they didn't have cabalists tome, none of their minions were 'add a random spell', and there is no reason to mulligan quest against a druid since you can still control a druids ramp up and beat them(Especially since they were turn 2).

They had no kill potential at all. No fireballs thrown at me or my minions, only a couple of frostbolts, it was weird.

Yeah, this seems weird. Maybe someone was just playing drunk or high... or both

Yeah, this seems weird. Maybe someone was just playing drunk or high... or both

Mhm.

I'm trying to think what the goal of the deck they were running is, but I"m coming up blank. No huge minion drops, no major spells, no nothing. Meteor was probably their heaviest spell(Probably glyphed in), but they had nothing to back that up.

That game just left me confused for the night that I was like 'ok I'm done.' Such a weird match.

Off the top of my head, this was their deck(As I saw it)

Primordial Glyph x2
Potion of Polymorph
Iceblock x2
Ice Barrier
Mana Bind
Frost Bolt x2
Flamestrike
meteor(Might've been glyphed?)
Frost nova
Polymorph
Blizzard(Might've been glyphed?)
Arcanologist x2
Medivhs Valet x2
Ghostly Conjurer
Skulking Geist

That's everything they played iirc. They did manage to control my board up pretty well but it wasn't enough to deal with my taunts.

sibarraz

Banned
Since I got so tired of this meta, I picked druid to farm the druid golden portrait before blizzard nerfs it o oblivion. Best case scenario, everyone plays druid and blizzard puts an stop to this.

I played the version with spellbreaker, black knight, kun and big game hunter. The deck has an answer to everything. I beated a murloc paladin that was so salty that he wrote me for 15 minutes

https://twitter.com/Barrigol1/status/900687263721508864

Objectively, he was right with everything that he said (well, I reached rank 1 thrice in my life at least) but still is was funny to poke him

ZeroX03

Banned
Since I got so tired of this meta, I picked druid to farm the druid golden portrait before blizzard nerfs it o oblivion. Best case scenario, everyone plays druid and blizzard puts an stop to this.

I played the version with spellbreaker, black knight, kun and big game hunter. The deck has an answer to everything. I beated a murloc paladin that was so salty that he wrote me for 15 minutes

https://twitter.com/Barrigol1/status/900687263721508864

Objectively, he was right with everything that he said (well, I reached rank 1 thrice in my life at least) but still is was funny to poke him

Hahaha I love the positive responses. I never get the continuous hate mail I want. It's always add, insult, delete.

danowat

Banned

It was weird. There weren't a time warp mage either, which would make sense if they kept controlling the board.(This was at rank 5 so unless they were trying a deck?)

Sounds like me sometimes LOL!

In other news, I've made rank 13 , highest I've ever been by quite some margin............

Im approaching 20 wins in Brawl, and still running into netdeck Jade Druid. Not that I am complaining, they are an easy win in this Brawl, and it feels good beating them

sibarraz

Banned
I don't even feel like playing jade druid anymore. I destroyed a poor rogue that summoned a 8/8 edwin with big game hunter

And then Kun into UI is a very busted combo

Hybris

Probably just frost lich jaina who didn't draw the frost lich.

manhack

What's the current meta from 2 to legend?

I'm at rank 2 1 star now. I'm afraid it would be aggro fest there.

For me it has been somewhat varied, but still Druid focused. Aggro druids, pirate warriors, murloc paladins, token shamans, all kinds of priests and Jade druid.

Most played against are Jade Druid, Aggro Druid and priests of some kind.

I was Rank 1 and 3 stars, but fell back down to Rank 2 last night because nothing was working. Don't have any real good advice at this point.

scarlet

For me it has been somewhat varied, but still Druid focused. Aggro druids, pirate warriors, murloc paladins, token shamans, all kinds of priests and Jade druid.

Most played against are Jade Druid, Aggro Druid and priests of some kind.

I was Rank 1 and 3 stars, but fell back down to Rank 2 last night because nothing was working. Don't have any real good advice at this point.

What deck are you playing now? I'm stuck at rank 2 3 stars, and it's all aggro fest.
I'm playing aggro druid now, cuz I'm tired and just wanna have quick match

Man, had a lot of great moments last night while playing my Deathrattle Hunter.

A Warrior had a full board with two Frothing Beserkers. I had already lost so I thought I'd try making his frothings as big as possible. Put down two Tentacles of N'Zoth and triggered them with Terrorscale Stalkers. Ended up clearing his full board without meaning to and it only took ten minutes from all the damage adding from the frothings.

Then I was against a Jade Druid and got a Zombeast mix with Crackling Razormaw and Bloodworm. Once that hit the board used my Corpse Raiser with Play Dead to fill my board with 7/6 Lifesteal beasts. Won that one since I kept healing to full over and over.

Wish I was better at deck crafting, feels like I got something good but I'm not sure how to make it better. Will just have to keep adjusting it for the decks I play against I suppose.

manhack

What deck are you playing now? I'm stuck at rank 2 3 stars, and it's all aggro fest.
I'm playing aggro druid now, cuz I'm tired and just wanna have quick match

I've played as token shaman, aggro druid, jade druid and pirate warrior since rank 5. I wouldn't follow my example, but I still like to switch decks more than is healthy. For example I play aggro druid with crabs if I see a lot of pirate warrior and paladins. I play token shaman to beat druids (event though it's supposedly a bad matchup) and pirate warrior when I'm in a bad mood. I've played Jade druid a few times just to give it a whirl, but it usually goes badly. I hate long drawn out mirror matches when I'm trying to make progress so I prefer faster decks at this stage in the game

I've lost about 5 games in the past week due to mobile slow down on my phone. Idk what changed with this patch but I find myself running out of rope again and again on turns because of golden minions, buffed non magic targetable minions, and full boards. I have a good phone, but damn if I can't get my turns done in time.

danowat

Banned
I assume that people running the timer out, rather than conceding when they are faced with insurmountable odds is just one of those things in this game.

Quite frustrating when you want a quick game while you're on the bog, and they just run the timer out over and over.

I assume that people running the timer out, rather than conceding when they are faced with insurmountable odds is just one of those things in this game.

Quite frustrating when you want a quick game while you're on the bog, and they just run the timer out over and over.

I like to believe they have thrown their phone/pc out the window when that happens

danowat

Banned
I like to believe they have thrown their phone/pc out the window when that happens

I tended to think it was them hoping I get fed up and just concede, like the people who run the timer out on the first go, play on the 2nd, run the timer out on the 3rd, etc etc.

But I like your idea better!

Quick rant:

To the dude who friended me after losing a big mirror match,

You need to get off your salty high horse. Your claim that RNG won me the game is so bs. RNG wasn't my friend when my first minion was a 5/5 barns. RNG wasn't going my way when you ran 2 thought seals. RNG wasn't going my way when you played big minions into my death knight weapon. RNG wasn't going my way when you summoned a 5/5 Yasera one turn and it's 7/6 dragon the next.

You're at rank 4 and you played badly. You burned 2 cards and each of them were holy smite. You had 2 spells that would let you pull the exact pieces you needed from my deck. You had more of my deck in your hand than I did. You even had the chance to play Shadow Visions on turn 2. My answers might have been coming off the top of my deck, but that's because I had already drawn 8 cards that weren't answers earlier that game.

My deck has 2 real RNG cards, and those are Shadow Essence. I played one to get a 5/5 barns. You had more breaks than most get when playing, and you still had the gaul to complain about RNG. GET GUD!

Watched Krip's video on hero cards in arena and was actually disgusted by how swingy these cards are. Hell i don't know wtf Blizzard did but they just continue to destroy arena, the standard format was already trash, but it seems to have gotten even worse with kft
and synergy bs.

Reaper report is out

Rank 25 to 5 27% Druid
Rank 5 to 1 32% Druid
Rank Legend 36% Druid

giphy.gif

Dahbomb

"Jade Druid is the center of the current meta’s attention and might end up being one of the most oppressive decks in the history of Hearthstone. Not because it has the highest win rate, but because it lays waste to more archetypes than we can count, deeming them unplayable. Control decks just cannot live in a meta with Jade Druid at its current power level. The Caverns Below was changed for committing the same crime, but Jade Druid of KFT commits this crime on a much wider scale and does it much more successfully. Crystal Rogue had a win rate hovering around the 50% mark; Jade Druid shapes an entire meta around it while boasting 55%. There is only one deck in the game that boasts a positive win rate against it at legend, and that is Aggro-Token Druid. Murloc Paladin does not counter Jade Druid, as the matchup has slowly gone from being in favor of the Paladin to an even matchup at legend over the course of a week. Miracle Rogue no longer counters Jade Druid, a historical advantage that Rogue lived by and holds no longer. Exodia Mage does not reliably counter Jade Druid, despite all the hype surrounding it. Razakus certainly does not counter Jade Druid. This is a deck that, at the moment, looks nearly unstoppable and is only getting better as it shifts its attention towards beating its biggest meta rivals."

I said god damn.

wiibomb

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-59/

A data driven meta report, finally.

Nerfs seem inevitable at this point. I encourage everyone to grind Druid while they can, especially if you don't have the golden portrait yet.

it's alarming, yeah, noticed that control decks are basically dead while jade druids dominate this meta, they just can't deal with the many jades it can pull out.

however, I'm seeing aggro druid as the class with most favorable matchups, I kind of expect the meta to shift more towards that deck.

It's funny that Spreading Plague scales when the other 5-mana card that gives you a Druid of the Swarm variation just give you two.

And that's not even that bad of a card. I think it's playable.

Dahbomb

It's funny that Spreading Plague scales when the other 5-mana card that gives you a Druid of the Swarm variation just give you two.

And that's not even that bad of a card. I think it's playable.
Doesn't that give you two poison minions? That has different applications from spreading plague.

manhack

I'm seeing aggro druid as the class with most favorable matchups, I kind of expect the meta to shift more towards that deck.

I feel like it already has a week ago and everyone is trying to counter aggro druid. I think by the time we get to the vS report we are already into the next shift.

Aggro druid hasn't been performing very well for me at the lower ranks (Rank 3- Rank 1). There are lots of anti-aggro techs out there right now and it seems to be a case of everyone teching against the anti-druid decks. Jade druid is popular, so people play aggro to "counter" Jade Druid, so people play anti-aggro to "counter" the aggro. Priests running every aoe (and there are a lot of priest) and Murloc paladins have started to put consecrations back in their deck, meanwhile Jade/Tuant Druids have Spreading Plague and Primordial Drake.

TankUP

Well we'll see how long this takes them. I honestly would not be surprised if we have to wait til october.

I'd take that bet. It'll be nerfed in September, assuming they can do so without screwing over deck submission for competitive events too much.

it's alarming, yeah, noticed that control decks are basically dead while jade druids dominate this meta, they just can't deal with the many jades it can pull out.

I don't think control would be in a great spot even if jade druid gets nerfed into oblivion. Certainly it could be doing better.

I'd be most interested in seeing if midrange or control warrior could carve out a slice of a meta with a less oppressive Druid class.

Doesn't that give you two poison minions? That has different applications from spreading plague.
Yes, both the taunt and poisonous are Druid of the Swarm outcomes. The applications are different but strictly from a power level perspective it's funny that one scales and the other doesn't.

TankUP

I still think it's funny they couldn't make Web Weave cost 4 (they thought it'd be overpowered) so they ended up printing a totally worthless card, and meanwhile Spreading Plague and Ultimate Infestation were considered fine.

Really shows how difficult it is to predict the meta before the cards come out.

Still, I'd rather cards are too good than get another TGT. I'm pretty hopeful this meta will end up being pretty good once Druid is addressed.

At this point I'm actually more worried they'll over-nerf Druid (again) than I am that they'll wait too long.

Dahbomb

Clearly Druid wasn't over nerfed if it's still a top class.

Though the nerfs were still pretty bad since those cards are now unplayable trash.

Deal 4 damage.
Gain 4 armor.
Draw 4 cards.
Summon a 4/4 Ghoul.
Still a really strong card LMAO!

Though I think it's clear that the issue isn't just UI anymore.

TankUP

How long did it take to nerf small-time buccaneer? I think that was the quickest nerf after release in hearthstone history.

MSG launched Dec. 1, STB was nerfed February 28.

Un'goro launched April 6, Caverns Below was nerfed July 10.

Hopefully we're on the STB timeline and not the Caverns Below timeline.

Clearly Druid wasn't over nerfed if it's still a top class.

There was a while there where your choices for Druid were a bad C'thun deck or a bad Beast deck. Then someone figured out Spell Druid (aka Yogg Druid) and then that got nerfed!

If they had nerfed the right cards back then (Innervate instead of Keeper of the Grove, for example) then maybe we wouldn't be having this issue right now.

I feel like Jade Druid is really well balanced in Wild. I wouldn't want to see it nerfed. I would rather see Innervate get moved to Wild. A UI Nerf would be okay though.

Top Bottom