• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Reno Priest more popular than Pirate Warrior now.

RIP fun. I am so glad I got legend last month. Doing it in this meta would have been unbearable.

"Now that Priest is able to finish games with the Voidform hero power, the Jaraxxus win condition no longer exists and the matchup has become unfavorable."

Fuck Priests.

I wonder if recombobulator good fit in giant deck. for 10 mana giants 4 results are clear upgraded stats, 2 are same and 2 are lower but, nzoth isn't much lower and anyway basically a heal on your giant and roll for an upgrade. plus can be used for other utility, against aggro can upgrade stitched tracker, slight gamble but almost anything would upgrade a 3 mana 2/2. all higher cost giants just refresh to full health since that's all there is at the cost.

edit: fight promoter could be nice as hell after aviana with giants

TankUP

For a 2 mana weapon, something like 4 stats and text of around 1 mana value. Which is really just about as good as fiery war axe.

Deal two, summon a scaling minion, add +1/+1 to all your future scaling minions. Pretty good.

Death's Bite still better. Not that it matters, since DB is a wild card and Warrior is about to get deleted from wild.

Standard still going to be better than the shitshow wild is gonna be after the aggro decks get nerfed.

Every game is going to be either Priest or Naga Giants.

I suspect Standard is going to end up being less diverse post-nerf, but it's still not going to be as bad as wild is and will be until they revert this stupid fucking Naga change.

Bunga

I would auto dust it, but I don't care at all about goldens.

I also couldn't give a toss about goldens. I've dusted all of mine to get more cards. I read the card text for Lana'Thel and she just seems pretty awful but wondered what others thought? At moment I'm leaning heavily on dusting and using the dust to get one of the DK's as ive only got Rexxar so far.

fertygo

Deal two, summon a scaling minion, add +1/+1 to all your future scaling minions. Pretty good.

Death's Bite still better. Not that it matters, since DB is a wild card and Warrior is about to get deleted from wild.

Standard still going to be better than the shitshow wild is gonna be after the aggro decks get nerfed.

Every game is going to be either Priest or Naga Giants.

I suspect Standard is going to end up being less diverse post-nerf, but it's still not going to be as bad as wild is and will be until they revert this stupid fucking Naga change.
I dont think aggro deck in wild can be removed by nerf lol

Egg druid and aggro shaman already absolute busted

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I also couldn't give a toss about goldens. I've dusted all of mine to get more cards. I read the card text for Lana'Thel and she just seems pretty awful but wondered what others thought? At moment I'm leaning heavily on dusting and using the dust to get one of the DK's as ive only got Rexxar so far.

It currently has no place and I would not be shocked to see blizzard finally give up on the discard mechanic.

TankUP

I don't think either will be enough to suppress Naga spam or Priest domination.

I hope everyone who whined about Priest during Karazhan is at least going to be happy when Priest is the best tournament deck (which is already is because of ubiquitous Druid bans) and the best class in both standard and wild format.

What a world when you have to resort to Arena to find a format where Priest isn't dominant.

I don't think either will be enough to suppress Naga spam or Priest domination.

I hope everyone who whined about Priest during Karazhan is at least going to be happy when Priest is the best tournament deck (which is already is because of ubiquitous Druid bans) and the best class in both standard and wild format.

What a world when you have to resort to Arena to find a format where Priest isn't dominant.
we really are living in the darkest timeline.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Lets play some hearthstone

Jade Druid
Aggro Druid
Pirate Warrior
Aggro Druid
Jade Druid
Jade Druid

Ok back in 6 months

It's about time Priest gets to be top dog.
angtft.gif

Aggro has to be unmanageable sometimes. If it's always manageable, then the archetype wouldn't exist.

The question is just how unmanageable it is, and how often.

Pirate Warrior "highrolls" into unmanageability VERY often, and if it gets a highroll combo the game is almost always over. Even if it doesn't highroll, it can adapt into a long-range bruiser plan through Arcanite Reaper + stacked weapon upgrades to get a face damage train most decks can't manage.

In contrast, Aggro Shaman doesn't highroll very often in my experience. Turn 1 Tunnel Trogg into consistent Overload is the only way it becomes unmanageabel. If you have a Dark Bomb or Frost Bolt on curve, everything tends to go well.

Egg Druid is in this weird position where you would THINK it wouldn't high roll often, but somehow it always does. lol Empty hand? Top deck Living Mana, then Jeeves, and then get another Living Mana. I don't know how it happens so often, but it seems to a lot! With the Innervate nerf, at least turn 1 Fledgling won't happen very often, and it will be a huge investment if it does.

It's about time Priest gets to be top dog.
Blizzard "balance" back at it!

I will be extremely surprised if Blizzard lets this stand. You kill Hearthstone as a mobile game if each match takes 30 minutes.

I wonder how you will feel when Auctioneer gets rotated and Edwin gets nerfed.

I really regret supporting Druid nerfs now. My favorite class gets dumpstered and my least favorite opponent gets buffed by omission. Not even close to a fair trade.
The FWA change is really, really upsetting. At least wait until an expansion and give us another option.

All FWA needed was one simple change: "This weapon may not attack enemy heroes" - holy fuck, now it's balanced for everyone. Or, as I suggested on Reddit, make the Pirate tribal buff +1/+0 like Murlocs got. Suddenly the best aggro deck isn't also one of the best at keeping a board and making tempo plays!

Jade Druid
Aggro Druid
Pirate Warrior
Aggro Druid
Jade Druid
Jade Druid

Ok back in 6 months
I haven't seen Jade Druid in 3 days in Wild.

Because there are worse things thanks to Blizzard trying to intentionally sabotage our meta. :(

Szadek

Jade Druid
Aggro Druid
Pirate Warrior
Aggro Druid
Jade Druid
Jade Druid

Ok back in 6 months
You should comeback after the next rotations, because apperently that the only time HS is good.
The game is basically only good once a year, kind of like yugioh.

Tunoku

I'm about to jinx myself, but I feel really good about my current Arena Mage deck. I don't have Polymorph or Fireball, but my curve feels great. Got Babbling Book, Fire Fly, Glacial Shard, 2 Mana Wyrm and 2 Shimmering Tempest.

Medivh is pretty good you all

EDIT: List, 9-2 now:

Dahbomb

You should comeback after the next rotations, because apperently that the only time HS is good.
The game is basically only good once a year, kind of like yugioh.
That definitely seems to be the case for the game.

Best and most diverse metas were in Old Gods and Ungoro. Then as more sets got released it just started going downhill. It sort of makes sense when you think about it, the power creep/strength of decks is at their peak at the end of the year and at their lowest at the start. When power level of deck is lower then that means more decks archetypes are playable.

Best and most diverse metas were in Old Gods and Ungoro. Then as more sets got released it just started going downhill. It sort of makes sense when you think about it, the power creep/strength of decks is at their peak at the end of the year and at their lowest at the start. When power level of deck is lower then that means more decks archetypes are playable.
It should be the complete opposite the more cards available the more diverse the meta should be unless the devs fucked up

It should be the complete opposite the more cards available the more diverse the meta should be unless the devs fucked up
Keep in mind we're talking about a team that think Freeze Shaman (wut) and Discardlock can be things.

This is generally true, but really it's just a few key cards that are overpowered right now. And they are obviously overpowered, too. No one thought these were okay when they were revealed. Even though I've come to accept Jade Druid as an entertaining deck now, while everyone was splooging over Gadgetzan I said Jade cards were a stupid concept that would degenerate the game, and no one listened.

From a Wild standpoint, here are the things I wish would change:
https://www.reddit.com/r/wildhearthstone/comments/6z918y/the_balance_changes_i_wish_we_got/

Blizzard "balance" back at it!

I will be extremely surprised if Blizzard lets this stand. You kill Hearthstone as a mobile game if each match takes 30 minutes.

I wonder how you will feel when Auctioneer gets rotated and Edwin gets nerfed.

There will always be a top deck. Why not priest for once? I think people calling it oppressive now are being extremely premature, predicting meta changes is not nearly that predictable when several top decks are all getting nerfed.

As for 30 minutes, are you joking? In about 5k recorded matches I have only 8 matches that hit the 30 minute match. 8. .00016%.

And like I told you several times, I don't consider myself a rogue main. I am not married to the class. Nothing is sacred. Do I think auctioneer should get rotated? No. But that is because auctioneer is a very fun and skill based card. OTOH rotating auctioneer could open up some more interesting card design. I'll let the designers of the game decide which is better. Same goes for edwin. This goes for backstab, prep, eviscerate. Every staple card should be evaluated in terms of positives and negatives they bring to the table.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There will always be a top deck. Why not priest for once?
Low skill. RNG heavy. Binary removal tools to destroy any type of minion and punish most board states. The class has heavy swing turns and doesn't feel like it provides much opportunity for interaction.

fertygo

Silence Priest is a thing tho

And tbh for discardlock.. if eternal servitude for discars ever became a thing.. watch out

Never say never

Low skill. RNG heavy. Binary removal tools to destroy any type of minion and punish most board states. The class has heavy swing turns and doesn't feel like it provides much opportunity for interaction.
Razakus Priest is not at all low skill and RNG heavy relative to the average tier 1 HS deck.

There will always be a top deck. Why not priest for once? I think people calling it oppressive now are being extremely premature, predicting meta changes is not nearly that predictable when several top decks are all getting nerfed.

As for 30 minutes, are you joking? In about 5k recorded matches I have only 8 matches that hit the 30 minute match. 8. .00016%.

And like I told you several times, I don't consider myself a rogue main. I am not married to the class. Nothing is sacred. Do I think auctioneer should get rotated? No. But that is because auctioneer is a very fun and skill based card. OTOH rotating auctioneer could open up some more interesting card design. I'll let the designers of the game decide which is better. Same goes for edwin. This goes for backstab, prep, eviscerate. Every staple card should be evaluated in terms of positives and negatives they bring to the table.
30 minutes is obviously hyperbole, but each match feels like it takes that long. Partially because the Priest player doesn't do anything most turns, and they have low draw options. So each match is just the slog through their deck as they wipe the board every turn until they OTK you. At least Freeze Mage and Exodia Mage run a lot of draw so the matches pass by quickly.

Reno Priest is the #1 deck in Wild right now in play rates. It's #2 in winrates after Pirate Warrior. Once the FWA takes place, Wild will be flooded with fucking Priests, and the game will be so goddamn boring. Priest is getting 0 nerfs. All of its competition are getting nerfs. Sure, something could come out of the darkness that annihilates Reno Priest, but I wouldn't hold my breath, and it will still stay an S-Tier deck that is hugely boring to play against. At least Silence Priest and Combo Priest ended games quickly.

Give me your # of games played by class, since you record them all.

Freeze shaman is still the most random archtype the ever pushed, which is kind of impressive after all the shit rogues went through.
It's so confusing to me. What does it do? What is its goal? Why would I want to play this?

Razakus Priest is not at all low skill and RNG heavy relative to the average tier 1 HS deck.
It's hard to say whether the RNG is high or low because there are so many lists running around right now. I agree it isn't low skill, though.

30 minutes is obviously hyperbole, but each match feels like it takes that long. Partially because the Priest player doesn't do anything most turns, and they have low draw options. So each match is just the slog through their deck as they wipe the board every turn until they OTK you. At least Freeze Mage and Exodia Mage run a lot of draw so the matches pass by quickly.

Reno Priest is the #1 deck in Wild right now in play rates. It's #2 in winrates after Pirate Warrior. Once the FWA takes place, Wild will be flooded with fucking Priests, and the game will be so goddamn boring. Priest is getting 0 nerfs. All of its competition are getting nerfs. Sure, something could come out of the darkness that annihilates Reno Priest, but I wouldn't hold my breath, and it will still stay an S-Tier deck that is hugely boring to play against. At least Silence Priest and Combo Priest ended games quickly.

I never said I record all my games but of the 5000 few ever reach that threshhold and I play a lot of games with control paladin, priest, and warrior.

I don't like the fact that you're trying to impugn my motive as if that lends any credibility or lack thereof to my argument.

I'm not really caring about wild balance still. These changes are obviously aimed at standard. Wild is meant to be a place where you can run broken decks and it's not even surprisingly in the least that reno priest is strong there, it's something I realized would be likely very early on and the reason standard is a thing.

edit:
Don't take this as saying that wild should be broken to the point that things never ever change, just that I think change will happen way less often. If it never ever happens, sure. But if you want changing meta I think standard is the place for that. And when it's not, that is when bliz is ready to step in like we see right now.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

It's so confusing to me. What does it do? What is its goal? Why would I want to play this?

It's hard to say whether the RNG is high or low because there are so many lists running around right now. I agree it isn't low skill, though.

It's number 4 in winrate from rank 5 to legend.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Like many other classes that have had low representation numbers for some period of time in the past I think Priest players have just convinced themselves that their deck is challenging. Modern Raz Priest has loads of answers, a large number of cards that are easy to play on curve, and flexible win conditions. Inherently the easy access to healing and opportunity to generate extra copies of tools makes the deck far less punishing than other control oriented highlander decks that have existed in the past. In the broader context of Priest as a class stuff like Big Priest is definitely one of the most forgiving control decks imaginable, where there is no real demand to maximize the efficiency of high power control cards.

This idea that Priest is RNG Heavy when every fucking card/item of theirs is fixed in terms of effects and that Shaman isn't(which is literally RNG the class) is absurd.

Devolve/Evolve/Hero Power/etc are way more RNG then Razakus Priest. Maybe Barnes Priest is RNG Heavy, but not Razakus.

Like many other classes that have had low representation numbers for some period of time in the past I think Priest players have just convinced themselves that their deck is challenging. Modern Raz Priest has loads of answers, a large number of cards that are easy to play on curve, and flexible win conditions. Inherently the easy access to healing and opportunity to generate extra copies of tools makes the deck far less punishing than other control oriented highlander decks that have existed in the past. In the broader context of Priest as a class stuff like Big Priest is definitely one of the most forgiving control decks imaginable, where there is no real demand to maximize the efficiency of high power control cards.

On the flip side I think people convince themselves that their tier 3 decks are hard because the skill cap is so high. That is true in a few cases, but sometimes a deck is harder to pilot because you can make fewer mistakes and succeed because it's just not a great deck.

This idea that Priest is RNG Heavy when every fucking card/item of theirs is fixed in terms of effects and that Shaman isn't(which is literally RNG the class) is absurd.

Devolve/Evolve/Hero Power/etc are way more RNG then Razakus Priest. Maybe Barnes Priest is RNG Heavy, but not Razakus.

Having played raza priest, I don't think it's that inconsistent tbh. There are a few games where you lose to card draw order, which is an odd thing to complain about. If there is a problem with priest, it has very little to do with consistency/rng. I don't like it when RNG is the scapegoat because it distracts from the real problem which is usually card strength. If raza priest is OP it's a problem due to card strength that enables strategies that are too strong.

I never said I record all my games but of the 5000 few ever reach that threshhold and I play a lot of games with control paladin, priest, and warrior.

I don't like the fact that you're trying to impugn my motive as if that lends any credibility or lack thereof to my argument.

I'm not really caring about wild balance still. These changes are obviously aimed at standard. Wild is meant to be a place where you can run broken decks and it's not even surprisingly in the least that reno priest is strong there, it's something I realized would be likely very early on and the reason standard is a thing.
Isn't DK Anduin just as bad in Standard? All of the cards for the Velen OTK are there. I think the only issues of mine that are Wild-specific are Dreadsteed (ofc) and Naga Sea Witch. The rest I see applying to Standard as well. People think Wild is full of super-broken stuff, but honestly it's not typically worse than Standard because there is SO much power creep. Most of the Wild decks are just Standard decks with a few tweaks to them.

I'm honestly just trying to understand how you can legimately think it's okay to make FWA a 3-mana 3/2 weapon. If Pirate Warrior were the only Warrior deck in the game it would make sense, but this is a change that completely obliterates Warrior class tempo in every single Warrior deck, and that's just an insane change to me.

It's number 4 in winrate from rank 5 to legend.
It's a deck undergoing refinement. Give it time, and it will be absurd and out-of-check after the nerfs.

wiibomb

It's never healthy for one deck to do that regardless of the class. It's probably especially unhealthy when it's priest which is going to drive people away from the game in droves.

Except for rotations, I have never seen a meta when there isn't a top deck. Either Team 5 is fucking up the metas with releases or the nature of this game does this after releasing sets toguether in the standard "closed" format.

I actually don't think metas won't have a top deck ever except for the rotation when there are very few cards to play with.

Wild is a different beast and I think people sleep too much on it. Naga is good, but there are a lot of things that can be done on that mode with so much cards on it, but people usually just run slight modifications of the standard format decks from any past or present metas.

TankUP

Except for rotations, I have never seen a meta when there isn't a top deck. Either Team 5 is fucking up the metas with releases or the nature of this game does this after releasing sets toguether in the standard "closed" format.

Right now there are three tier one decks. Last meta had twice that. Post nerf there may be ONE. Obviously this might not happen but it's a clear possibility.

wiibomb

Right now there are three tier one decks. Last meta had twice that. Post nerf there may be ONE. Obviously this might not happen but it's a clear possibility.

It may very well be, but I still have some hope, I have run over priests with fast decks, specially murlocadin and even without warleaders played. I want to see how it goes.

Isn't DK Anduin just as bad in Standard? All of the cards for the Velen OTK are there. I think the only issues of mine that are Wild-specific are Dreadsteed (ofc) and Naga Sea Witch. The rest I see applying to Standard as well. People think Wild is full of super-broken stuff, but honestly it's not typically worse than Standard because there is SO much power creep. Most of the Wild decks are just Standard decks with a few tweaks to them.

I'm honestly just trying to understand how you can legimately think it's okay to make FWA a 3-mana 3/2 weapon. If Pirate Warrior were the only Warrior deck in the game it would make sense, but this is a change that completely obliterates Warrior class tempo in every single Warrior deck, and that's just an insane change to me.

It's a deck undergoing refinement. Give it time, and it will be absurd and out-of-check after the nerfs.

My position is more or less the position reynad/kibler/zalae/etc., have.

In short, it's too good to keep in standard forever. It's not like warrior isn't going to get strong new cards in upcoming sets. They could be the next druid for all we know, and druid replace shaman and shaman replaced warrior. The cycle continues.

I don't think warrior needs FWA to be successful, and if they do that is a huge problem they can address with new cards.

I actually don't think metas won't have a top deck ever except for the rotation when there are very few cards to play with.
There always is a top deck, mathematically, but the top deck never should be far ahead of the competition and change over time. Gadgetzan wasn't perfect but it was healthy compared to this.

wild isn't refined enough to be a legitimate format imo.

Dahbomb

Naga should never have been changed, I don't know what compelled Blizzard to even do that.

Dreadsteed change was bad and always will be bad. They did need to do something about it though and I don't know about the 5 spawn restriction, it's very inelegant to put a restriction like that on it.

War Axe change was also bad but also needed to be changed. We just have to live with that change now and evaluate 2 mana weapon cards differently. Hopefully Warrior just gets something in that slot to compensate in the future.

Ships Cannon should definitely be in play but the real issue here is Patches. I think they Ships Cannon should be in play anyway to prevent future problems where they make some shit like Muster for Pirates.

Skulking Geist is one of the worst cards Blizzard ever made and I said that when they unveiled it. You can't really remove it though as it's a tech card. You can win games even if that card is used against you, as Jade Druid has proven. The fix to this in Wild is simple, make a card that deletes 6 mana minions for deck!

I am fine with the Pirate card buffing by +1/+1, +1/0 would make it really weak otherwise. The real issue here is still Patches by the way, that card has always existed and even currently people can cut that card for other stuff in the deck (talking about Southsea captain). The alternative would be to give it +2/0 just like Warleader but NO ONE wants that especially with a charge Patches running around.

I don't care for Raza to be changed. Yeah it gives Priest an OTK but so what? He is still playing a highlander deck which means it lacks in consistency and it still takes him at the minimum turn 9-10 to kill you. The reason Priest is good is that they finally have a reliable win condition after so long. I think it's fine that control decks have a definite win condition, that sort of thing has been lacking from the game for quite a while and only now has Blizzard started to come up with stronger late game win conditions. The Priest of old used to just out control you which took even longer and was even boring to play against. You treat Priest like you do most control or combo decks, you are on a clock and if you can't beat the clock then you lose.

wiibomb

There always is a top deck, mathematically, but the top deck never should be far ahead of the competition and change over time. Gadgetzan wasn't perfect but it was healthy compared to this.

Gadgetzan was full of pirate warriors, pirate warriors never changed. Pirate warriors are still dominant to this day (not counting the nerfs)

Gadgetzan had the same problem as this meta, kharazan had the same problems. I can only think of Ungoro and WotoG as the healthy metas and even then pirate warriors were very common in ungoro.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Skulking Geist is one of the worst cards Blizzard ever made and I said that when they unveiled it. You can't really remove it though as it's a tech card. You can win games even if that card is used against you, as Jade Druid has proven. The fix to this in Wild is simple, make a card that deletes 6 mana minions for deck!

Do you basically hate Skulking Geist for the same reason I hate Eater of Secrets?

Dahbomb

We are actually closing in on a year full of Pirate Warrior. Karazhan was around the time that Pirate Warriors started being a thing despite Shaman being the more dominant deck at the time.

Do you basically hate Skulking Geist for the same reason I hate Eater of Secrets?
Yeah but Skulking Geist hurts more decks than Eater of Secrets.

There used to be a Combo Priest that used Inner Fire stuff with high HP taunt minions buff. That deck for a while was very strong in Wild and could beat aggro and control. Now it's dead because not only is there a better Priest deck but most control decks have to run 1 Skulking Geist and the Geist kills the win condition of that deck.

People say Rogues are going to be nice against Priest, until the Rogues start losing their Cold Bloods, Sinister Strikes and Conceals (in Wild) due to Geist. Then they won't have enough burst to kill a control deck.

It also hurts future cards and deck. Any deck that relies even slightly on a 1 mana spell it going to get obliterated by this card. And the funny part is that as soon as Jade Druid stops being dominant, no one will ever play that Skulking Geist because it was designed to kill a single card which is Jade Idol. A card that should've been nerfed but instead Blizzard made a worst card to counter it that hurts the long term design of the game.

Skulking Geist is like if Blizzard made a card that had the soul purpose of beating Ice Block (not even all Secrets, just that one single card)... but it inadvertently hurt a lot of other decks too.

Miletius

I only really think that Razakus priest is inconsistent if you don't run a enough draw. When you play the game in a way that maximizes your draw potential it's hardly inconsistent. Yeah, nothing can save you if Anduin is at the bottom of your deck. But the same can really be said about any deck which relies on a certain card as their win condition.

Wether of not Raza priest is skillful is a different story. I generally think that it can be skillful, at least to the same degree that most decks in HS are skillful. I mean, at the very least, saying that Raza priest is just as skillful if not more so than other popular meta decks isn't a stretch. A common complain of many people (not necessarily people in this thread) is to dismiss popular decks as not skillful. This is true even if there is kernel of truth to it, and I'm just as guilty of it as anybody.

Gadgetzan was full of pirate warriors, pirate warriors never changed. Pirate warriors are still dominant to this day (not counting the nerfs)

Gadgetzan had the same problem as this meta, kharazan had the same problems. I can only think of Ungoro and WotoG as the healthy metas and even then pirate warriors were very common in ungoro.

not it wasn't Shaman was far and away the top deck during gadgetzan, pirate warrior has never been dominant just among the best decks possibly the best deck.

PWar ended up being like a tier 3 deck in ONIK meta. Patches was the real culprit, and STB to some extent. I actually don't even think the FWA is needed to nerf pirates right now. I think they might have had to nerf pirates if they made the other nerfs though, so doing it now makes a bit more sense if that is true. And they nerfed FWA because they're looking long term at warrior in standard come future expansions, not just in terms of power level but in terms of getting new playable cards into those deckslots which they think are still too classic/basic heavy.

My position is more or less the position reynad/kibler/zalae/etc., have.

In short, it's too good to keep in standard forever. It's not like warrior isn't going to get strong new cards in upcoming sets. They could be the next druid for all we know, and druid replace shaman and shaman replaced warrior. The cycle continues.

I don't think warrior needs FWA to be successful, and if they do that is a huge problem they can address with new cards.
I DO think Warrior needs FWA to be successful, and there's a reason it's called "Winaxe". This card lets Warrior establish the early board control it needs to do anything in a control or midrange deck against aggro because everything they have is reactive and weak.

I think the "too good to be in Standard forever" argument is ludicrous. People talk about MtG having an ever-evolving list to use in their Standard format tournaments, but there are still card staples that never leave. MtG has to reprint cards like Giant Growth, Counterspell, and Dark Ritual ever set because no matter how much a class changes, there are some cards that are just part of a class's core identity. I would argue that Fiery War Axe is THAT card for Warrior more than anything else.

And of course I look it up to check myself and find out that Counterspell isn't part of the core blue set, lol. But that just makes me really sad. :(

Anyway, I think each class SHOULD have staples that define it. Otherwise they just have to reprint a FWA-equivalent over and over because the entire class is currently designed around its presence.

Sidenote: props to Blizzard for avoiding Northrend as Naxx 2.0. The deathrattles mostly suck ass, but at least we didn't get Sludge Belcher 2.0 and such.

after the last adventure, im interested on coming back to HS. what's the best murlocadin deck nowadays?

Just check the latest VS Reaper Report. Lucky for you, Murloc Paladin is very strong right now.

Top Bottom