• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain new stuff (pic & ^r

Wow, that intro vid from gamersyde.com is amazing! Wonderful camera work and the atmosphere and mode is awesome! February 23 cannot get here soon enough!!!!!

Well move the fuck over Chloe... Madison just gone and usurped the throne!

Day 1

Edit: Just saw the intro video... wow... I've been waiting for this game since the audition demo from years back, but man... it really has cultivated into an amazingly moody looking game... Looks incredible and I can not wait for this.

netguy503

So we get boobs but no penis!? Sexist game.

Also, she pees with the door open. Tacky.

I can't wait to see Darksydephil play through this on youtube. It might be the game that finally gets that dork's channel shut down for good.

Also, a girl getting chase around in her panties!? I didn't know this was Night Trap II.

Ploid 3.0

I really hate hearing other people pee. So about the stress meter, if there is no physical condition/mental condition like thing, taking a shower, shooting ball, and peeing will probable be meaningless. Maybe it manages each character's weakness without showing meters. Run too much and the detective will gasp for his inhaler type of thing. Maybe the shower and piss helped Madison calm down, like the girl in Indigo being afraid of the dark in that basement with the film catalog segment.

Ploid 3.0 said:
I really hate hearing other people pee. So about the stress meter, if there is no physical condition/mental condition like thing, taking a shower, shooting ball, and peeing will probable be meaningless. Maybe it manages each character's weakness without showing meters. Run too much and the detective will gasp for his inhaler type of thing. Maybe the shower and piss helped Madison calm down, like the girl in Indigo being afraid of the dark in that basement with the film catalog segment.
Stress/nerves etc affects the decisions you can make and the little prompts that pop up on screen (such as what to say aloud in a situation) will be blurred or jumping all over the screen so it's hard to carry out

Ploid 3.0

BlazingDarkness said:
Stress/nerves etc affects the decisions you can make and the little prompts that pop up on screen (such as what to say aloud in a situation) will be blurred or jumping all over the screen so it's hard to carry out

That's pretty interesting, I like the sound of it. Also I can't wait to play with ARI, I wonder if easter eggs will be hidden in it. Bring up a Indigo Prophecy setting for example.

Don't know if this was posted already, but Gamestop has a picture of what the back cover looks like.

270389_lback1.jpg

Looks like it's 720p and will have an install.

netguy503

Veritigo_X said:
Don't know if this was posted already, but Gamestop has a picture of what the back cover looks like.

270389_lback1.jpg

Looks like it's 720p and will have an install.

Damn, baby got back!:D

But still, we are HOW many years into the PS3's life and STILL the majority of their big titles only go up to 720p. SERIOUSLY!?! This game requires a 4.5GB install. I was hoping for better at least by now I guess. :(

netguy503 said:
Damn, baby got back!:D

But still, we are HOW many years into the PS3's life and STILL the majority of their big titles only go up to 720p. SERIOUSLY!?! This game requires a 4.5GB install. I was hoping for better at least by now I guess. :(
were you really expecting 1080p..?

netguy503

deepbrown said:
Time to delete some things off my PS3...maybe that RE5 5GB install.

Right before the two new DLC chapters come out!? Your kidding right? You are not a true gamer.:lol

Isn't there anything else? 4GB's isn't alot. But seriously, the new Final Fantasy AND Uncharted 2 didn't need a install but this does. Still can't wrap my head around that.

Ploid 3.0

Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order Heavy Rain and get Heavy Rain Chronicles: Chapter 1 - The Taxidermist, a downloadable episode. Access code will be e-mailed within ten business days after the game releases. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer.

So the taxidermist demo will be dlc? Is it more to it than the demo they showed? Will it be all fixed up to actually work in the game (no detective being the knife guy, and an actual story to it)?

deepbrown

netguy503 said:
Right before the two new DLC chapters come out!? Your kidding right? You are not a true gamer.:lol

Isn't there anything else? 4GB's isn't alot. But seriously, the new Final Fantasy AND Uncharted 2 didn't need a install but this does. Still can't wrap my head around that.
RE5 isn't very good...so I won't be buying any DLC for it...or playing it ever again probably.

I just don't think this title can be discussed over gaf where we don't know the real age of people commenting. Tastes change over time... a lot.

Esteban

Banned
I usually don't care about sales but I really hope Heavy Rain will sell.

"Mature" games which mix movies and games are really too rare. Good sales could bring us more of them.

WTFing

Banned
kevm3 said:
The game looks incredible. The real question is, will Sony actually market this?
Don't worry man, if SONY don't, I'll do my very own marketing and buy Heavy Rain. ;)
Seriously, why do you care?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
WTFing said:
Don't worry man, if SONY don't, I'll do my very own marketing and buy Heavy Rain. ;)
He wants it to do well, and is curious how they market such a non-typical game.

netguy503

WTFing said:

So we get more of this type of game and SONY's brass knows that games of this genre sell?

WTFing

Banned
dallow_bg said:
He wants it to do well, and is curious how they market such a non-typical game.
How can you market this kind of adult game?
you? Please share your view.

netguy503 said:
So we get more of this type of game and SONY's brass knows that games of this genre sell?
Of course I want more of this kind of games. I really want to see publishers and devs try something new. Aim and shoot can't last foerever.
That's why I can't wait to play Heavy Rain.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
More reviews:

JVN.com
9.5/10

Gamalive.com
9/10

WTFing said:
I wasn't the one asking, he was.
I was answering your question.

WTFing said:

Of course I want more of this kind of games. I really want to see publishers and devs try something new. Aim and shoot can't last foerever.
That's why I can't wait to play Heavy Rain.

My guess is you market it like movie studios market R rated movies. Honestly though, word of mouth could drive sales of this game.

Top Bottom