• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain new stuff (pic & ^r

MYE

jiggle said:
edited :lol

on a NONrelated note
this screen looks awesome

2j3kxtz.jpg

Does anyone have a link to that video of Norman
hanging out in the police station with the Captain guy
? I just remembered it and that I wanted to check it out, but now I can't find the link.

Is it true that this game will come with a piece of paper for you to fold, like the one on the box? I remember David Ellis saying so on 4 Guys 1 Up.

Chip N Chance said:
Is it true that this game will come with a piece of paper for you to fold, like the one on the box? I remember David Ellis saying so on 4 Guys 1 Up.

Yeah the tutorial on how to make it is apparently on while the game installs. :lol

Shurs

El-Suave said:
It doesn't fit in the demo threads:

There's a Heavy Rain bus touring Germany right now:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4029/4331952521_eff0f1c921_b.jpg/IMG]
[URL="http://blog.de.playstation.com/2010/02/05/der-heavy-rain-bus-ist-auf-deutschland-tour-und-ihr-konnt-gewinnen/"]http://blog.de.playstation.com/2010/02/05/der-heavy-rain-bus-ist-auf-deutschland-tour-und-ihr-konnt-gewinnen/[/URL][/QUOTE]

Hype bus?

ACE 1991

The march issue of GI reviewed Heavy Rain. Apparently it received a 9.5 along with a second opinion score of 8.5. Looking good! :D

Dogenzaka

Banned
ACE 1991 said:
The march issue of GI reviewed Heavy Rain. Apparently it received a 9.5 along with a second opinion score of 8.5. Looking good! :D

Has anybody received the issue yet? Because I really want to see more info on L.A. Noire :O

Snipes424

I hate to link this, but I think people should know how stupid people are

http://connectedconsoles.com/ps3-Why-Heavy-Rain-Will-Fail.cfm

In our new feature, the Connected Consoles team will be taking an up-and-coming game and presenting two different points of view; why the game will rock, and why the game will fail. Remember, these are the views of the individual writers; you can agree with one of them, both, or neither. This is not a review, but a view of the game before we even play it.

Getting off to a great start already!

I know. How brave I am. Putting myself on the line like this. You see, even hinting that your hype meter isn’t ticking away like an over-excited Geiger counter about Heavy Rain instantly puts you in front of the firing squad. “Oh, you just don’t get it”, they say. 'You just hate it because it isn’t an FPS'. 'Yeah, I can see why you don’t like the look of it; some people just don’t understand beautiful art'.

Yeah dude, you're real brave typing this "article" behind a computer...

Heavy Rain has gained an almost religious following. And while they all bow down to their burning wicker men, I’m left in the bushes, looking on, feeling left out, and cold. And naked. But that’s a different story for a different time. So, why does everyone seem so excited for Quantic Dream’s Fahrenheit-a-like? I honestly don’t know. Here’s why I’m just not bothered about Heavy Rai

Umm.. really?

The fact it doesn’t have guns is seen by many as a plus. I have to agree, if Madison Paige were wondering around her apartment with an AK-47 (With red dot sight, duh), it would detract a little something from the feel of the game. But it’s not about the gun. It’s what the gun represents; fun. An objective. A thing to use. A tool, if you will. Because, as much as David Cage will disagree, Heavy Rain will just be a series of Quick Time Event-using mini-games. There, I said it. Shoot me. You can argue as much as you want that its art and that you don’t need guns to keep things interesting, but at the end of the day – you do such things as help your son with homework, change a baby’s diaper and buy a balloon. That’s not fun.

The only thing that would make it fun and engaging is if there was a reason for doing those things, or a sense of accomplishment and progression gained from them. That’s where the story comes in. It’s got a nice little set up – kids get taken, found dead in rain water, and you have to find who-dun-it. However, publications that have reviewed the game (i.e. OPM) point out that the story is paper thin, Channel 5 nonsense. If that’s true, then what’s the point in all the activities? Why change your baby’s diaper if it’s only going to either not progress the story, or subject your mind to even more Lost-style plot madness (we’re talking Season 5, oh-my-god-I-don’t-understand-a-single-thing Lost).

Yes, it has good graphics. Yes, it has a range of characters, and at least a little bit of atmosphere. But if you look past the ‘Oh, isn’t it art’ stuff, you’re going to be spending 10 hours or so completing meaningless, mind-numbing and out-of-context tasks with no sense of complete or advancement. And face it; some parts of the game are just an excuse to flash some next-gen tit.

So the guy hasn't played the game, but half his article is talking about how to make the game fun.

I see a bright future at IGN for this guy, he will fit in quite well.

Replicant

Snipes424 said:
So the guy hasn't played the game, but half his article is talking about how to make the game fun.

He sounds like one of those trolls in the Heavy Rain review/demo impression. Keep bitching about the game but make no effort whatsoever to actually try the demo. And when confronted about it, of course, they went silent. Because they have no intention to try the game in the first place. They just want to troll it.

[...]some parts of the game are just an excuse to flash some next-gen tit.

Don't forget the buttocks!

Snipes, that article you linked is hilarious. If only that guy was just playing around and adding some tongue-in-cheek humor, he would be deserving of his own section in some gaming publication.

For those who are keeping track of this:

Four Days: Heavy Rain Online Experience - Event 3 Introduction

You chose well. You’re now part of the Bureau. At the front line.
You’re a key part of catching this killer before he strikes again.
You’re going to have to go back into his head. Learn how to identify and
profile suspects. You start here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1izANOCYSQ

The game’s moved up a notch. No detail is too small. Watch everything.
Stay sharp. But your official powers might not be enough. Are you ready to
bend the rules to catch the killer? As always, it’s up to you. Two
suspects are out there

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DeShaun-Snap-Knapp/245014791913
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Roland-Narwood/266909968884

there may be more to consider.

As the pressure mounts, we reach the endgame. Who fits the profile? Because
the Bureau needs a name…

Using everything you’ve learned over the three events, your final action
is to identify the killer.

Happy hunting!

I think ARG's are stupid wastes of time, but I signed up for this one. That's my level of interest for this game. Although sign up is all I did, that's the furthest I've ever gotten with an ARG.

Top Bottom