• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain Revealed on Next Week's GTTV

N30RYU

Gold Member
jett said:
I can barely see shit in that screen.

Oh you picked another screen. My answer is really. It looks weird.

Then I'm lucky I see no difference... I'll play a better game than you, then. ;)

Dante said:
Isn't Madison in the final game anyways? Oh it'll be delicious if her model is unchanged. :)

Yep, which is why it makes no sense to say the models have been downgraded when the models they've shown previously aren't even in these screens.

N30RYU

Gold Member
BlazingDarkness said:
yep she is ^o^
ima make this druggy die in a ditch somewhere and play as her instead
Yeah... but the druggy is the one with good glasses and glove xD

JoJo13

Banned
This is shaping up to be a Heavenly Sword sized bomb but without the decent graphics.

I was impressed last fall, but these recent pics suggest something is very wrong with the game's development.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
JoJo13 said:
This is shaping up to be a Heavenly Sword sized bomb but without the decent graphics.

I was impressed last fall, but these recent pics suggest something is very wrong with the game's development.

Why not wait until you see the new footage or even what they show at E3 before jumping to that kind of conclusion?

StuBurns

Banned
JoJo13 said:
Heavenly Sword sold pretty good, and I certainly disagree with this not being 'decent graphics'. It's hard to look as hot as that chick from Fringe.

beast786

JoJo13 said:

The way you predict futue with 4 screen shots is fascinating. I want your powers NAU !!

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Kagari said:
Not really.

de045i.png

JoJo13 said:

Thats a ridiculous and foolish assumption to make.

Ploid 3.0

This GTTV wait is killing me. I need to get IP again, I have a better PC now. Probably go up in price due to my luck.

Loudninja

JoJo13 said:

You cant be serous? :lol

JoJo13

Banned
Kagari said:
Why not wait until you see the new footage or even what they show at E3 before jumping to that kind of conclusion?

Well...I will.

I just have a hard time believing the trailer (if based on footage from these screens) will do anything to sway my opinion.

I'll gladly eat crow...I certainly want to. But part of me thinks this project should have been canned years ago if it looks like those screens suggest.

Kittonwy

Banned
Insane Metal said:
Quantic Dreams just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about atmosphere in games (I'm an expert), but the graphics are a huge part of it. It's not like in Gears of War where you just put ultra high res textures and become successful because of pretty surfaces. If you don't create a real, lifelike world in this kind of game, you bring shame to yourself and others, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that PS3 owners, after hearing about this, are not going to purchase Heavy Rain anymore. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but QD has alienated an entire generation of hardcore gamers with this move.

Quantic Dreams, publicly apologize and change the atmosphere in this game or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Hurhurhur.
Indifferent2.gif

JoJo13 said:
Well...I will.

I just have a hard time believing the trailer (if based on footage from these screens) will do anything to sway my opinion.

I'll gladly eat crow...I certainly want to. But part of me thinks this project should have been canned years ago if it looks like those screens suggest.

-_-
why?
actually, don't bother
just leave the thread until footage arrives.

StuBurns

Banned
JoJo13 said:
part of me thinks this project should have been canned years ago if it looks like those screens suggest.
Part of me thinks you should have been canned years ago if you are like those posts suggest.

Not feeling the screens but now I want to see footage where before, I was on a media blackout. Nice, cant wait for the vid, prove me wrong fellas. (note: this is only in regards to graphics, not gameplay)

How many times does GAF go through this process? Wait for decent video before judging screens, that's just how this generation has been so far.

JCreasy

SolidSnakex said:
What's up with his hand?

"ayden uses a prototype device: the ARI (Alternate Reality Interface), comprised of a pair of glasses and a glove linked together. The glasses are capable of detecting fingerprints, ADN remnants, blood trails and such that'd normally be invisible to the human eye. The glove allows for inmediate analysis of the substances bypassing the wait for lab results."

Kydd BlaZe

JCreasy said:
I LOVE the Sci-Fi tone!

Fuckin tight!
Same here. I'm one of the very few that actually enjoyed the supernatural twist of Indigo Prophecy, so this inclusion of a sci-fi element is right at home with me :D

RavenFox

Banned
JoJo13 said:
Well...I will.

WTF? Just leave the thread please.

Guled

MidgarBlowedUp said:
I never thought this game looked impressive. It's turning out to look better than I expected but, it ain't no Drake 2.
I think it looks better, the environment for sure look better and the models look more detailed

Ploid 3.0

N30RYU said:
I think that this images were missing in action

Screenshot113.jpg

http://www.meristation.com/EPORTAL_IMGS/GENERAL/juegos/PlayStation3-AventuraGrafica/da/IMG2-cw4a1596c22b937/Screenshot90.jpg[/i[/QUOTE]

How does this look horrible, and worthy of being a canceled game (based only on the graphics)? This stuff looks great to me. I'm playing games that are over 4-10 years old on pc right now.

Getting this out of the way:

[QUOTE=MidgarBlowedUp]I never thought this game looked impressive. It's turning out to look better than I expected but, it ain't no Drake 2.[/QUOTE]

[img]http://www.avatarhosting.net/pics/12930/5thematrixtrinitydodgethis2.jpg lol

Top Bottom