• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heidi Montag (of Spencer/Heidi fame) says her new album is as good as Thriller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/01/13/heidi-montag-new-album/

EW said:
It’s taken three years, nearly $2 million, and one very questionable Miss Universe pageant performance, but Heidi Montag, star of the The Hills and wife of reality villain Spencer Pratt, finally released her debut album yesterday. Superficial, which Montag and Pratt are putting out on their own label, is an electro-pop collection of 12 tracks with party-friendly titles like “One More Drink” and “Hey Boy.” Montag chatted with EW about the album’s delay, her monetary issues, and why she thinks Superficial is as good as Thriller.

EW: Why did it take three years to put this together?

HEIDI MONTAG: Well, I did it independently. If you look back at the superstars throughout history it used to take that long to put albums together. Now it’s more manufactured. I really wanted to take my time, and every song means so much to me. And every song was a true journey. I had to track down the songs myself, because it was just Spencer and I doing it independently. We really took our time with every single process, because we wanted it to be the highest quality possible. I wanted it to be back to the Thriller days, to that kind of sound. It’s timeless music, so whenever it comes out was the right timing.

EW: Do you think Superficial holds up against something like Thriller?

HM: I definitely do. I think people might not see it now, because it’s my first album coming out. But I’ve spent as much time–maybe more, even–than Thriller. Every detail was very important to me, because I take this very seriously. Most artists, it’s not their own money, but I’ve actually gone broke putting every dollar I’ve ever made and my heart and soul into this music. For me, I have a different appreciation, a different understanding, and a different love of my music and for my album than any other artist possibly could. Because this is my money. This is my gamble. This is my chance.

EW: You’ve gone broke?

HM: Yes. I definitely am. I am. I put every dollar I have into this.

EW: Do you know how much money you’ve spent?

HM: I’ve spent over a million, almost $2 million on this album. It’s cost as much or more than a Britney Spears album, because I wanted it to be that quality and to be able to get those people. My album would have cost a record label over $4 million.

EW: What happens if you don’t earn your money back?

HM: That’s not even a possibility. I think within the first week we will definitely make our money back. The songs will make an impact in pop history. They are absolutely incredible and everybody involved is the best of the best. People just haven’t seen me as a pop star. I’m very excited for the world to see a whole new Heidi.

EW: “Body Language,” the song you performed on Miss Universe, isn’t on the album. Why?

HM: Because that was more 2009. We tried to give everybody pretty much new songs and songs that really went together. I think people got enough of “Body Language,” and I think they know where to get it if they want it. So I just wanted all new fresh, 2010.

EW: That performance got a lot of criticism too. Was that a reason it isn’t on the album?

HM: Oh, no. Not at all. For any musician there’s always going to be criticism, and you have to take it with a grain of salt. I think people were very harsh, forgetting that was my first performance. It takes practice to be the best. My next performance, I promise them it’s going to be a lot bigger, a lot better, a lot more light and love, and a lot more powerful. So I’m very excited for my next performance.

EW: Do you know when your next performance will be?

HM: Maybe the World Cup.

EW: You love to aim high!

HM: I do love to aim high. I’ve already been in talks with some of the people from the World Cup, so whatever is meant to happen will happen. I know this is going to be a very big year. And this is my first year officially in music. This is the first album, and I think the possibilities of where this is going to go is going to be infinite. I’m just excited to be part of the history of music.

EW: If the album doesn’t do as well as you hope, will you still pursue a music career?

HM: Definitely. I think it’s gonna do great. I have a million Twitter followers and they’re all very excited. So that’s at least a million people right there. It also takes time. I don’t expect it to be instant. Maybe it’s the biggest album in a couple months? Maybe it’s the biggest album in a year? But I will never stop music. This is the first album of many to come. As long as I can keep affording it and keep doing it I will, because it’s my love and my passion.

Talk about delusion. She's pretty hot though, fake everything and all. Well, at least she was before the recent wave of plastic surgeries.

Drame

Didn't know that she was an singer too.

*Goes to youtube to listen Body Language*

m8id79.gif

Thriller, eh?

How the hell does she spend $2 million to record this? I mean I know bands who put together an album for 5-10k! What a waste.

Rickard

As a man, I would never personally hit a woman. However, I would be totally willing to chip in a few bucks towards hiring another woman to pop this dumbass in the mouth.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
BigGreenMat said:
How the hell does she spend $2 million to record this? I mean I know bands who put together an album for 5-10k! What a waste.

Yes, but those bands have a thing called talent.

andycapps

BigGreenMat said:

Big names in production I'm sure. Probably big names all around because she had the money to do it. But yeah, $2 million is crazy. But I'm sure she didn't have much written so they probably brought in tons of studio musicians and songwriters to write everything for her. All that takes time and a lot of money and more time.

stuminus3

I am very happy about the fact that I didn't know who Heidi Montag was before I clicked this thread.

Someone ask me in around 28 years if I know who she is.

It sounds like the Timbaland shit from 3-4 years ago. Sure seems easy to be a pop star these days.

This chick I used to date a few years ago worked at Louis Vuitton in 5th ave. She told me that Heidi Montag came in once and was really upset that she didn't get any star treatment. Apparently, the staff nor other customers recognized her and the few that did didn't really give a crap. She was really happy when some tween finally came over to her for an autograph though lol

eggandI

Banned

HM: That’s not even a possibility. I think within the first week we will definitely make our money back. The songs will make an impact in pop history. They are absolutely incredible and everybody involved is the best of the best. People just haven’t seen me as a pop star. I’m very excited for the world to see a whole new Heidi.
qozlhw.jpg

this bitch be trolling

Mad Max

Listening to one of her songs on youtube makes me think she only spent about $1000 on autotune software, a licence for cubase, and a microphone, and the rest of those 2 milion was used to buy pure crack cocaine.

Tenks

SmokyDave said:
I have no idea who Heidi Montag is but a quick Google Image Search tells me I'm a fan.

She's a complete famwhore vapid bitch who I would very much like to put my penis in

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I had to track down the songs myself

lol. What happened to writing songs yourself? It might have been faster too!

I love how she thinks because it took as long as Thriller and cost more than a Britney album, it thus MUST be great!

h3ro said:
Gaga needs to stomp her out.

<3 Gaga. That is all. I really do think she's going to be the 'next' Madonna. Even Madonna seems to know it.

HM: It&#8217;s timeless music, so whenever it comes out was the right timing.

EW: &#8220;Body Language,&#8221; the song you performed on Miss Universe, isn&#8217;t on the album. Why?

HM: Because that was more 2009.
hmm...

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I'll wait for pop connoisseur Peru to comment so I can fully grasp what is happening here.

turnbuckle

You're playing right into her game by making a thread on this. I'm doing the same by posting in it. She's a publicity whore, and by the act of anyone calling her as such (or calling her anything) they're just giving her what she wants. Lock this thread, delete it, and pretend this never happened.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Falch said:
When her looks go she'll have nothing left.

It'll be a glorious day.

You mean when the paparazzi lose interest in her.

She's 'just another' LA girl. There are loads of them. The difference is she has pap attention via The Hills.

She is, I think, the equivalent of people like Jordan in Britain. Famous for being famous, but not actually being any more good looking or talented than many other non-famous people. Perpetuating their 'fame' via silly stories (like, looking at people.com, about 'PLASTIC SURGERY OBSESSION!' and "PARAMEDICS CALLED TO HEIDI'S HOUSE' etc. etc.). It's awful media whoring but some folks build a career on it. Difference between her and someone like Jordan in the UK though is that at least sometimes Jordan can seem to be a nice person and a vulnerable person. Heidi and Spencer seem consistently obnoxious and arrogant, and when they 'do' vulnerable or 'nice' it always seems really insincere.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
EW: Do you think Superficial holds up against something like Thriller?

HM: I definitely do. I think people might not see it now, because it’s my first album coming out. But I’ve spent as much time–maybe more, even–than Thriller. Every detail was very important to me, because I take this very seriously. Most artists, it’s not their own money, but I’ve actually gone broke putting every dollar I’ve ever made and my heart and soul into this music. For me, I have a different appreciation, a different understanding, and a different love of my music and for my album than any other artist possibly could. Because this is my money. This is my gamble. This is my chance.

HM: I’ve spent over a million, almost $2 million on this album. It’s cost as much or more than a Britney Spears album, because I wanted it to be that quality and to be able to get those people. My album would have cost a record label over $4 million.

So she's putting a random Britney-album up there with Thriller?

Cyan

Banned
EW: You’ve gone broke?

HM: Yes. I definitely am. I am. I put every dollar I have into this.

EW: Do you know how much money you’ve spent?

HM: That’s not even a possibility. I think within the first week we will definitely make our money back.
That actually makes me kind of sad. You hate to see somebody so delusional that they blow all their money on something that can't possibly be successful.

I gather she's on some reality show or something? Doubt that'll be enough to get her sales.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
she's just saying that so people will listen. Well you're not fooling me bitch! lol

edit: ^^^^^ I <3 PYT

What kind of journalist asks that kind of question anyway. :lol

It could be just as good as Thriller, you're all too cynical. It's all part of the plan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom