• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Alebrije

I'm not into multiplayer games , I'm a solo gamer , but damn this game looks fucking good!
I almost bought it just for the graphics!
Just do it...I am also a solo gamer , level 68 now. Play with randoms mostly and every mission feels like a singleplayer Side mission , just think you partners are crazy NPCs that even can kill You...😁

GymWolf

I probably used the 500kg once and never looked back again.

It looks like an atomic bomb but the range is super small, it just looks cool but it's pretty useless, sometimes even direct hits can't kill a bile titan.

Killjoy-NL

It looks like an atomic bomb but the range is super small, it just looks cool but it's pretty useless, sometimes even direct hits can't kill a bile titan.
I always carry it and 9/10 times I run the EMP mortar as well. Killer combo.

Btw, just saw a TikTok video of the Airburst instantly clearing Egg Nests from a distance.
Pretty sick.

GymWolf

I always carry it and 9/10 times I run the EMP mortar as well. Killer combo.

Btw, just saw a TikTok video of the Airburst instantly clearing Egg Nests from a distance.
Pretty sick.
I just go with the combo eagle strike and laser.

Mortars when it's a defence mission.

Sokka

You want to try and get the 500 KG under the Bile Titan, because most of the damage from the nuke comes from an upwards cone from the impact.

GymWolf

You want to try and get the 500 KG under the Bile Titan, because most of the damage from the nuke comes from an upwards cone from the impact.
Or i can just use the rail cannon that is much more precise and at the very least it almost kill the titan and let me finish it even with an arc thrower :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

stickkidsam

Revolver speed loader? Sweet LIBERTY yes!!

Ricochet shots now return to sender?

Super Grover What GIF by Sesame Street

I only use it for small to medium outposts/ Bug nests and for crowd control. It doesnt do much damage to a Bile Titan or Hulk because they are heavily armored.

What? 500kg vs Bile Titan is 1-hit-kill
Guess we're playing a different game then. I've experienced multiple sessions where it took 2 500KG bombs and an Orbital to drop it quick.

Same goes for Outposts. If it's just slighty misalligned, it almost does 0 damage. Move an inch or 2 and its instakill.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Guess we're playing a different game then. I've experienced multiple sessions where it took 2 500KG bombs and an Orbital to drop it quick.

Same goes for Outposts. If it's just slighty misalligned, it almost does 0 damage. Move an inch or 2 and its instakill.
Sure, there is a chance you won't get a full hit, but it's not rare to kill Bile Titans with the 500kg.

You have to time to make it drop right in front of his feet, or under it.
It's even possible to run up to the Bile Titan to trick it to come up to you and spit, while you time the 500kg so it drops (almost) right under it.

Timing is key though.

It's even easier when they're spawning from a breach. Just drop the 500kg right into the breach.

Sure, there is a chance you won't get a full hit, but it's not rare to kill Bile Titans with the 500kg.

You have to time to make it drop right in front of his feet, or under it.
It's even possible to run up to the Bile Titan to trick it to come up to you and spit, while you time the 500kg so it drops (almost) right under it.

Timing is key though.

It's even easier when they're spawning from a breach. Just drop the 500kg right into the breach.
Yeah about that. For some reason the bastards are always slow to move UNLESS you call in a Stratgem. Then suddenly they become more mobile.

I'll just stick with the orbital laser and barrage. Those work for me. And it doesnt like fire damage. So a good ol Napalm strike is always a good starter to soften it up.

Killjoy-NL

Yeah about that. For some reason the bastards are always slow to move UNLESS you call in a Stratgem. Then suddenly they become more mobile.

I'll just stick with the orbital laser and barrage. Those work for me. And it doesnt like fire damage. So a good ol Napalm strike is always a good starter to soften it up.
Fair enough. That's the best part about the game, there is always something that suits ones playstyle.
Lots of alternatives.
Fine, you get a free pass.

GymWolf

Sure, that is more reliable. Problem is the cooldown with the Railcannon, you can squeeze in more 500 KG bombs on that eternity of a cooldown.
But if stars don't align you are gonna miss your 500kg while the rail cannon is almost always a secure kill, so you could waste 2 bombs in the time that i wait for the rail cannon to charge, there is always a trade off.

Tbh i don't really use neither of them, the arc thrower is enough to kill anything in the automaton side except the big star wars thingy, and insects side, it's the same with the bile titan, i just prefer to bring the laser and the eagle strike that are just way more practical and useful in more occasions than just one target kill.

I'm usually the dude that clear all the hordes of small and medium so i left the big to my squadmates (except chargers and hulks, i regularly kill them)

Last edited:

GymWolf

I only use it for small to medium outposts/ Bug nests and for crowd control. It doesnt do much damage to a Bile Titan or Hulk because they are heavily armored.
I think it's pretty useless against nests and crowd control because they are spaced out and the range of the 500kg explosion is about the size of a chinese dick :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

But hey, more chinese power to you buddy:messenger_blowing_kiss:

Last edited:
I think it's pretty useless against nests and crowd control because they are spaced out and the range of the 500kg explosion is about the size of a chinese dick :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

But hey, more chinese power to you buddy:messenger_blowing_kiss:
Its good to use it to decimate the numbers of incoming bot patrols😉

Even if it takes out half, the rest is just cannon fodder after that and it gives you time to reload or call in somthing else while it goes off.

I believe it staggers enemies for a short while too.

[Sigma]

I use that and Quasar all the time, they were both OP leaving me in first place for kills most matches. While I’ll miss it, I can understand why.
I was talking about just the AX/AR-23 Guard Dog, not the rover. Because the steam page has the wrong one listed as far as damage being reduced by 30% before I realized the mistake.

stickkidsam

That last one is pure bullshit. Wonder what happens if you try to 1 shot a Hulk from an angle. If the ricochet still kills you, its fucked.
I’ve seen conflicting reports on how much it happens. Guess we’ll see what Arrowhead does.

I CAN see it being a funny mechanic provided there is significant damage reduction on the ricocheted shot when it hits you. It shouldn’t be a consistent uno reverse card on you for DARING to mess up a shot though.

So, we got flooded by bugs at the extract. 2 bile titans stood in the landing spot when the shuttle came.
They kind of died, but also pushed the shuttle under the ground?!

We couldn’t extract. It just switched to the cinematic of the shuttle flying away in the black void. Weird :)

Filldo

I'm not into multiplayer games , I'm a solo gamer , but damn this game looks fucking good!
I almost bought it just for the graphics!
This game turned me into a multiplayer gamer. Fortunately I have a few friends and I just play it with them. I've had pretty good luck with randoms too though. We don't talk to anything, just get our shit done. And you can play solor for a while, max out what you can and then start working with teams to max your later starts. Its the most fun I've had in a long time.

Sokka

PSA: It seems like blocking a player midgame kicks them out of the game, non hosts can do it.

If you got booted from a game for no reason, this is why.

Are we going to get a repeat of that one dude who's every post was whining about the railgun change? Some people will quit, some will adjust. The game goes on. Frankly I prefer balance changes like this instead of coming up with new difficulties that are just going to fragment the playerbase. Shit's too hard for you? There's 9 difficulty levels already, there's no shame in playing in a lower one.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Are we going to get a repeat of that one dude who's every post was whining about the railgun change? Some people will quit, some will adjust. The game goes on. Frankly I prefer balance changes like this instead of coming up with new difficulties that are just going to fragment the playerbase. Shit's too hard for you? There's 9 difficulty levels already, there's no shame in playing in a lower one.
You might reference me and I'm saying it again: Railgun is shit now and 95% of players don't use it now for a good reason. It's useless now. Also just because we don't agree doesn't mean you have to be condescending.
I don't like nerf in a PVE game, especially when they are unjustified (like WTF did they touch the crossbow?).

So we have to lower difficulty and get less rewards to be able to have the same amount of fun as before the useless nerfs?
Gotcha!

So say you pick up your car from the garage after maintenance and you find out it doesn't have the same amount of power. The garage says "Just go a gear or 2 lower if you want to same amount of acceleration".
Would you accept this?

Curious.

Last edited:

Little Mac

WTF? My entire go-to loadout got nerfed? Dominator, Laser Guard Dog, and Quasar Canon?!

What's a good replacement for Dom now? Is the adjudicator viable after buffs?

I'm guessing EATs will replace Quasar?

Last edited:
WTF? My entire go-to loadout got nerfed? Dominator, Laser Guard Dog, and Quasar Canon?!

What's a good replacement for Dom now? Is the adjudicator viable now?

I'm guessing EATs will replace Quasar?
EAT's are 1 shot and then its empty and done. Not a vaible replacement by any means. These nerfs:

Top Bottom