• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENSHIN!! Official Tokusatsu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
flintstryker said:
I like ep 24 of Decade using but Den-O's power seemed like a poor choice to me.

My guess on this is that they decided to use Den-O for episode 24 due to the fact that he's the most popular/recognizable Kamen Rider in recent years, and there were likely a lot of viewers who don't normally watch Kamen Rider watching ep 24 for the Shinkenger crossover.

Also, next weekend's Decade is going to be absolutely AWESOME. Black, Black RX, Roborider, Biorider, Kamen Rider X, Hyper Kabuto, AND Kuuga. Chock full of awesome.

vareon

Seraphis Cain said:
My guess on this is that they decided to use Den-O for episode 24 due to the fact that he's the most popular/recognizable Kamen Rider in recent years, and there were likely a lot of viewers who don't normally watch Kamen Rider watching ep 24 for the Shinkenger crossover.

Also, next weekend's Decade is going to be absolutely AWESOME. Black, Black RX, Roborider, Biorider, Kamen Rider X, Hyper Kabuto, AND Kuuga. Chock full of awesome.

X and Kuuga will be there, too? Interesting.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Looks like after RX World is Amazon World, as per rumors.

I don't know if the GAF rule against scans extends to Tokusatsu stuff, but to play it safe I won't post the Terebii scans showing Amazon World. But they're out there, I'll say that much.

I just wonder where this leaves Decade...Two episodes for Amazon World only leaves one or two episodes for the finale. Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors about Tsukasa and Natsumi being in W/Double were true. Seems to me like that'd be the only way to wrap up their story well.

Just discovered this thread, nice that's there's some fellow Toku fans on GAF :)
But yeah, been into this stuff for 5 or so years, personal favourites are Dairanger, Zyuranger, Abaranger, Kamen Rider V3, Kamen Rider Blade and Ultra Seven.

Currently watching Decade and Shinkenger but am quite a few episodes behind :p

ReiGun

Seraphis Cain said:
Looks like after RX World is Amazon World, as per rumors.

I don't know if the GAF rule against scans extends to Tokusatsu stuff, but to play it safe I won't post the Terebii scans showing Amazon World. But they're out there, I'll say that much.

I just wonder where this leaves Decade...Two episodes for Amazon World only leaves one or two episodes for the finale. Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors about Tsukasa and Natsumi being in W/Double were true. Seems to me like that'd be the only way to wrap up their story well.
I always assumed that the movie was going to wrap up their story. Since it
takes place in Tsukasa's World
. My guess is that they end up there, and we get some kind of cliff hanger that leads into All Riders vs Daishocker.

Amazon World after RX huh? Well that was unexpected. I hope that when (if?) Tsukasa uses the Amazon card, the belt goes "Kamen Ride: AAAAAAAAMMMMMMAAAAAAZZZZZOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN!" Imagining the belt's voice saying it just makes me smile. lol

Shinkenger 21 was cool beans. Another Chiaki focus ep, but thankfully this one didnt follow the same format all the others have (Chiaki rebels, goes on his own for a samurai cry session, learns some lesson, returns to defeat MOTD, promises to shape up only for his behavior to snap back to rebellious jerk in time for the next focus ep). Instead, this one actually showed how much he's progressed in maturity and gave us a nice glimpse into his relationship with his pops and why Chiaki was such a scrubby samurai at the beginning of the series. Plus, I'm always a sucker for a good father-son story.

Damn these RPM breaks. I need mah BOOM time. :'(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
ReiGun said:
I always assumed that the movie was going to wrap up their story. Since it
takes place in Tsukasa's World
. My guess is that they end up there, and we get some kind of cliff hanger that leads into All Riders vs Daishocker.

Amazon World after RX huh? Well that was unexpected. I hope that when (if?) Tsukasa uses the Amazon card, the belt goes "Kamen Ride: AAAAAAAAMMMMMMAAAAAAZZZZZOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN!" Imagining the belt's voice saying it just makes me smile. lol

Shinkenger 21 was cool beans. Another Chiaki focus ep, but thankfully this one didnt follow the same format all the others have (Chiaki rebels, goes on his own for a samurai cry session, learns some lesson, returns to defeat MOTD, promises to shape up only for his behavior to snap back to rebellious jerk in time for the next focus ep). Instead, this one actually showed how much he's progressed in maturity and gave us a nice glimpse into his relationship with his pops and why Chiaki was such a scrubby samurai at the beginning of the series. Plus, I'm always a sucker for a good father-son story.

Damn these RPM breaks. I need mah BOOM time. :'(

Well see, the thing about All Riders vs DaiShocker is that RX World in the series leads into the movie, and then (according to rumors) Tsukasa and Co. end up in Amazon World at the end of the movie.

And with the track record the rumors have had lately, I wouldn't doubt all that is true.

ReiGun

Seraphis Cain said:
Well see, the thing about All Riders vs DaiShocker is that RX World in the series leads into the movie, and then (according to rumors) Tsukasa and Co. end up in Amazon World at the end of the movie.

And with the track record the rumors have had lately, I wouldn't doubt all that is true.
Ahh. You're probably right then. I'd forgotten just how close we were to the movie releasing.

I kinda wish Decade was a little longer. I've enjoyed these world jumping shenanigans. I wonder is Toei will consider using the concept again for Super Sentai's 35th or 40th anniversaries. Doing more versus movies would be kind of boring.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ReiGun said:

id have to have that as a ringtone for a friend of mine. after seeing the scans, i must say i like the new amazons look. are any of the other showa riders going to have human forms too(other than rx of course)?

ReiGun

Well, new scans are out confirming that the final world will be the Rider War. So the series is going out with a big battle royal?

vareon

So All Riders vs Daishocker is canon?

I kinda wish they spent more time for Tsukasa, Natsumi, and Kaito's character development, though. Unless there's some revelations in the last two worlds, one or two episode for all plot resolving and final battle doesn't seem right.

Ronin

vareon said:
So All Riders vs Daishocker is canon?

I kinda wish they spent more time for Tsukasa, Natsumi, and Kaito's character development, though. Unless there's some revelations in the last two worlds, one or two episode for all plot resolving and final battle doesn't seem right.
Decade's plot was paper thin anyway. Just an excuse for all the AWESOME fanservice.

Also anybody else REALLY like Shinkenger's soundtrack?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
At least we're sure it's not as shitty as Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai... a.k.a. Gaoranger with CLIPS!

vareon

Holy SHIT @ Decade episode 26. I can't even tell the episode was good or bad, but it has freaking BLACK and BLACK RX on it.

Boss Doggie

Snaku said:
And Big One pimpin like the true master. :D

Funny how he was responsible for making JAKQ Dengeki Tai craptastic. As someone said, people who praise Big One only watched GvsSS and never the original JAKQ show.

vareon said:
Holy SHIT @ Decade episode 26. I can't even tell the episode was good or bad, but it has freaking BLACK and BLACK RX on it.

Yay clone!

1248564499619.jpg

Snaku

Banned
Ookami-kun said:
Funny how he was responsible for making JAKQ Dengeki Tai craptastic. As someone said, people who praise Big One only watched GvsSS and never the original JAKQ show.

I liked him and his crappy disguises in JAKQ. :lol

Troidal

Decade #26 pretty much made up for some of the shittier episodes they produced in this series. Black RX, Black, two Minami Kotaro's...talk about fan service for us 90s Rider fans! xD

Can't wait until the next episode.
So hyped about the movie too...it's next next weekend! I'll post some impressions if I get to see it.

vareon

ccarver3 said:
Caught up on Decade now. Want to watch a previous rider series.

Which is better Kabuto, Blade, or Fiaz?

Blade and Faiz have a more serious tone than Kabuto. Faiz was rather heavy on drama while Blade was heavy on mystery. IMO Kabuto has better action scenes, though. You choose :)

Troidal said:
Decade #26 pretty much made up for some of the shittier episodes they produced in this series. Black RX, Black, two Minami Kotaro's...talk about fan service for us 90s Rider fans! xD

The pre-opening fight scene was pretty much a tribute to RX, right with Kotaro's exclamation before battle, the pre-henshin fight sequence, and RX's trademark move. Loved it :D

Troidal said:
So hyped about the movie too...it's next next weekend! I'll post some impressions if I get to see it.

Damn, I think I have to wait a year before seeing the movie D:

ReiGun

Troidal said:

Aww lucky. It's gonna take forever for the subs to come out too. :(

Boss Doggie

Troidal said:

So agreed.

They couldn't contain the awesomeness that is having Black AND RX at the same time, so they had to photoshop Kotarou! DAMN GOOD

Troidal

Some fun trivia about Tetsuo Kurata (who plays Kotaro Minami):

- Tetsuo Kurata was so popular that the three Liveman (the Sentai hero at that time) actors/actress were almost over-shadowed during live shows at the amusement park.

- His image as Kotaro Minami was so strong, that even when he was seen in public, people didn't like seeing a "hero" smoke cigarettes so he actually stopped smoking :lol

- He also stays in shape for the same reasons.

- His younger daughter still believes he can henshin into Kamen Rider Black. Aaawwwww.
I'm sure she was psyched to see his dad on TV and actualy henshin-ed.

Arde5643

Man, watching Kamen Rider Black's henshin transformation is still a treat even after all of these years.

Too bad they didn't use the smoke effect on his joints like they did in the original series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkYKYR1R1A0&feature=related

His henshin is definitely the best in all of the kamen riders' henshin:
Everything about his henshin is so dramatically pissed off: gripping his fists as hard as he can, saying "Henshin" with a growl, and then yelling out "Black" at the end.
And for the finishing pissed off touches, he's so mad steam lets out from his joints. :D

@Decade ep 26:
I love how Tetsuo Kurata basically steals the scenes in ep 26 from his younger counterparts even with the badly written dialogues.
"This ain't your kiddy Kamen Rider, kids! This is Kotaro f'in Minami!"

Lol, Kamen Rider Black henshin collection:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng7pvIRs5rE&feature=related

Boss Doggie

Notice how Japanese men with Tetsu in their name make them badass? Tetsuo Kurata... Tetsu Inada...

Arde5643

flintstryker said:
Up to Kamen Rider Black 7 now, Black = Coolest rider ever.
Best costume, best henshin transformation, best story, best rival (Shadowmoon), best actor (Tetsuo Kurata), best songs. :D

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Wait, Decade goes into the Showa era, too? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I was going to be content finishing the rest of the Heisei shows so I could watch Decade, but now, I don't know :(

Well, I have like 12 or 13 episodes left of Ryuki. After that I just need to watch Kuuga, Kiva, and Den-O. What order should I watch those in?

vareon

Arde5643 said:
Best costume, best henshin transformation, best story, best rival (Shadowmoon), best actor (Tetsuo Kurata), best songs. :D

People can come and argue about the other points, but the bolded point is absolute :lol

ReiGun

Well, I just finished Den-O. All in all, I walked away satisfied. Now on to Kabuto. I've watched the first episode and really enjoyed it, but I wanted to finish Den-O first.

I'm also just about done with Magiranger and Dekaranger. What do you guys recommend I watch next: Gekiranger, Hurricanger, or Boukenger?

Boss Doggie

On a related note, Doggy is one of the best "non-human" mentors out there, if not the best.

Fuck Sha Fu. Doggy's where them bitches at!

vareon

Seeing the toys and trailer for W, I get the feeling it will be another kid-friendly series, just like Den-O. Expectations are lowered now, I just hope if it is another Den-O ish KR, it doesn't take itself seriously.

Boss Doggie

On a related note, do you think Tommy would do well as a Rider/Sentai? He is after all...

GOD

ReiGun

Ronin said:
Woo, new episodes of Dragon Knight resume this Saturday.
The same Saturday as a new RPM episode. Hooray!

I would love to see Tommy as a Kamen Rider. Doing his "sic-yah!" battle cry during Rider Kicks. Saying "Aw man." after transforming. Watching him win every fight on the pure grounds of being ManGod-Ranger. It would be too awesome.

I watched the first four episodes of Kabuto. Man, could Tendou be any more of a dick?

P.S I wish there was more talk going on in this thread. I'm tired of searching for it every time I want to post something. :p

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm wondering if they're ever going to explain
Wataru's presence
in the first episode of Decade. And also if what he said about
he and his "comrades" protecting Natsumi's world meant he and the rest of the Kiva crew, or he and the other Heisei Riders

Man last episode of Decade was really enjoyable for the old school kick. Didn't know the past riders were so... I don't know...kickk ass? Yeah

I know its early here but I don't know what I'll watch after Decade is done though. Kamen Rider W I believe airing in September just doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom