• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENSHIN!! Official Tokusatsu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ReiGun said:
The same Saturday as a new RPM episode. Hooray!

I would love to see Tommy as a Kamen Rider. Doing his "sic-yah!" battle cry during Rider Kicks. Saying "Aw man." after transforming. Watching him win every fight on the pure grounds of being ManGod-Ranger. It would be too awesome.

I watched the first four episodes of Kabuto. Man, could Tendou be any more of a dick?

P.S I wish there was more talk going on in this thread. I'm tired of searching for it every time I want to post something. :p
Lol you haven't seen anything yet.

ReiGun

Seraphis Cain said:
I'm wondering if they're ever going to explain
Wataru's presence
in the first episode of Decade. And also if what he said about
he and his "comrades" protecting Natsumi's world meant he and the rest of the Kiva crew, or he and the other Heisei Riders

My guess is
he meant the Heisei riders. I recall him saying something about the stories of the worlds being changed or something. So they could explain it as the worlds started to come together and the OG Heisei Riders went to stop it. Then, their worlds started to change which created replacements, and now they're keeping Natsumi's world from going boom while Decade fights to set things right.

flintstryker said:
Lol you haven't seen anything yet.
Seriously? I'm gonna hate Tendou. I just know it. :lol

ReiGun said:
My guess is
he meant the Heisei riders. I recall him saying something about the stories of the worlds being changed or something. So they could explain it as the worlds started to come together and the OG Heisei Riders went to stop it. Then, their worlds started to change which created replacements, and now they're keeping Natsumi's world from going boom while Decade fights to set things right.

Seriously? I'm gonna hate Tendou. I just know it. :lol
I didn't really hate him, but there were times in the series when iw anted him to get his ass kick..but the thing is he's not just an arrogant bastard he can actually back up his talk with skills. Actually now i think about it, its because of his arrogant personality why i like him which is why i was dissapointed with decade's version of him.

Urban Scholar said:
There's going to be points in the series when you'll find yourself saying yeah take that douche!! :lol

P.S Kagami forever!!
Naw Tsurugi is where its at..after-all he's the man that stands on the top of everything. Kagaamii!!

flintstryker said:
Naw Tsurugi is where its at..after he's the man that stands on the top of everything. Kagaamii!!

You know as a character he was great really

He did alot of growing, we saw him fall from grace, rise like a phoenix, and in the end he died with his beliefs intact

*slowclap.gif*

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
flintstryker said:
Naw Tsurugi is where its at..after-all he's the man that stands on the top of everything. Kagaamii!!

manly tears yo. and its kaGAmi, dude

Apharmd

Troidal said:
Some fun trivia about Tetsuo Kurata (who plays Kotaro Minami):

- Tetsuo Kurata was so popular that the three Liveman (the Sentai hero at that time) actors/actress were almost over-shadowed during live shows at the amusement park.

- His image as Kotaro Minami was so strong, that even when he was seen in public, people didn't like seeing a "hero" smoke cigarettes so he actually stopped smoking :lol

- He also stays in shape for the same reasons.

- His younger daughter still believes he can henshin into Kamen Rider Black. Aaawwwww.
I'm sure she was psyched to see his dad on TV and actualy henshin-ed.

God damn.

What a badass.

Ronin

So yeah, I missed RPM today and Dragon Knight airs on Sundays here in Atlanta. Thoughts on the new eps for anybody that caught them?

Troidal

Just saw the live airing of ep 27, without spoilers...

Sooooooo BADASS!!!! :D

Amazon next. His scream was whimpy... ;_;

Well, thanks to a certain post in the Tatsunoko vs Capcom thread, I've become slightly interested in all of this.

Some time ago, when I was lurking, someone posted videos on Youtube of Cutey Honey The Live (oh man it took me a whole hour to find it, for some reason, even though I remembered he thread title and content, Google just didn't wanna show the thread) and from the looks of it, it seems fun.

Is it something that is worth getting into? I'm not really that big into most anime (I like things with more comedy in them) and haven't seen a show of this nature since I was like 6 or 7 (VR Troopers), so I would consider picking it up if it is available in English, and if, well, you think it is actually good...

(Apologies if I sound unknowledgeable on this subject, but yeah, I don't know so much about this kind of thing...)

Slayven

Why would you do that? said:
Well, thanks to a certain post in the Tatsunoko vs Capcom thread, I've become slightly interested in all of this.

Some time ago, when I was lurking, someone posted videos on Youtube of Cutey Honey The Live (oh man it took me a whole hour to find it, for some reason, even though I remembered he thread title and content, Google just didn't wanna show the thread) and from the looks of it, it seems fun.

Is it something that is worth getting into? I'm not really that big into most anime (I like things with more comedy in them) and haven't seen a show of this nature since I was like 6 or 7 (VR Troopers), so I would consider picking it up if it is available in English, and if, well, you think it is actually good...

(Apologies if I sound unknowledgeable on this subject, but yeah, I don't know so much about this kind of thing...)
The Live is a weird show, sometimes it can be darker then garo other times it is silly as hell. But it is a fun watch. Plus psycho eggspitting lesbians are always fun

ReiGun

Ronin said:
So yeah, I missed RPM today and Dragon Knight airs on Sundays here in Atlanta. Thoughts on the new eps for anybody that caught them?

RPM: A really good ep. My only real complaints was that the monster was a bit overhyped
since it was a continuation of the Saw-Bot (another overhyped motd) storyline from last week
and that Summer is starting to work my nerves. Other than that, I had fun. The action was great, the tone was properly tense for the episode's plot, and Ziggy and Dr. K's bickering continued to amuse me. This was also a good week for Boom Happy Twins. We saw their first unmorphed fights (which were great), finally got their morph sequences, and they got their own cool, if plainly named, Mach Megazord. And they were just generally entertaining.

boomtime.jpg

Dragon Knight: This show continues to steadily improve. I admit I wasn't too hot on it in the beginning, but now I anxiously await the next episode. This episode was nice. It gave us a bit more of Kamen Rider Sting's (his name escapes me), backstory. It was fine, except he was being a bit too down on himself and sad for my liking. Kit and Len began looking for JTC
aka Kamen Rider Strike
and were attacked. What followed was a great fight with Len doing the most obnoxious henshin ever. Also, one of the ads before the show revealed Kamen Rider Siren, so expect that in the near future.

Speaking of Dragon Knight, the panel from Comic Con has been uploaded to Youtube. The thing I found most interesting is that the creators said that Kabuto and Faiz had caught their eyes as series to adapt after Dragon Knight was over.

Why would you do that? said:

Cutey Honey is odd. I didnt watch too much of it cause I started feeling like a perv. :lol But if you're looking for something funny to watch, it should be right up your alley. People I've talked to that have seen it have said pretty good. If you're looking for any other lighter/funnier toku, Kamen Rider Den-O and most Sentai (especially recent ones) are good choices. Though, it should be said that most of this wont be available in English, so you'll have to watch it subtitled. Closest you'll get are adaptations like Power Rangers RPM and Kamen Rider Dragon Knight.

ReiGun said:
The thing I found most interesting is that the creators said that Kabuto and Faiz had caught their eyes as series to adapt after Dragon Knight was over.

Wow I hope they do Kabuto, because its all kinds of good. I remember I watched some subs of Kabuto with my younger cousin and he definitely seemed to like it more than Dragon Knight. Although it just be he loves the crazy clocks ups and explosions.

I was kind of disappointed that they originally wanted to do Blade but it didn't happen but Faiz or Kabuto in English would work...if the plot is ok.

Snaku

Banned
http://www.japantoday.com/category/...en-rider-villains-jump-on-political-bandwagon

'Kamen Rider' villains jump on political bandwagon

Sunday 02nd August, 06:29 AM JST

TOKYO —

Talk of a change in government power is everywhere ahead of the Aug 30 Lower House election, including a promotional event this week for the action movie “Kamen Rider Decade.” Two of the franchise’s greatest villains — Jigoku Taishi (Ambassador Hell) and Shinigami Hakase (Dr Death) of the evil Shocker syndicate — appeared on the event stage in Tokyo to scare the dickens out of kids, but brought with them a political twist.

“What comes after we conquer the world? A better nation,” actor Ren Osugi, who plays Jigoku Taishi, shouted after arriving on stage aboard a mock election campaign vehicle. Drawing applause from some of the parents, Osugi and actor Renji Ishibashi, who plays Shinigami Hakase, then declared the establishment of a new political party to run in the election — the Great Shocker Party.

The latest “Kamen Rider” movie hits theaters nationwide Aug 8. It features an all-out battle between all the heroes and major villains from the franchise’s past series that aired on TV, which number more than 20 since the first one was broadcast in 1971.

One of the series, “Kamen Rider Black RX,” was remade in English as “Masked Rider” and aired on the Fox Kids channel from 1995 to 1996.​

:lol So awesome.

Ronin

Cutie Honey the Live is worth watching for Mark FUCKING Musashi alone.

Finally caught up on RPM and Dragon Knight. Again with Ziggy calling out the silliness of Go-onger. Love it. :lol

Another solid episode of Dragon Knight too. Pretty much 100% original footage which is nice. Man, Len is a badass deflecting laser shots with his Advent Deck. Probably the best henshin in the show so far.

MechaX

After an extended break from PR (Mystic Force and Operation Overdrive were just so ridiculous), I decided to take a chance with RPM. I was a little worried, especially since what I watched of Go-onger seemed pretty playful compared with the super-serious Terminator backdrop RPM was going for.

Unexpectedly enough, I liked it enough to watch six episodes straight and I caught the two that aired on Saturday. Pretty much the best season since Time Force & SPD by far. The rangers actually have personalities this time around (and some psychological disorders at that, when looking at the twins). And Dr. K is awesome incarnate. In all, it seems like the writers finally struck a balance between "a show aimed at kids" and "a show everyone can enjoy despite kid-friendly origins." Too bad this most likely the exception to the rule if PR does continue, and we'll probably dip back into Ninja Storm/Mystic Force/Operation Overdrive levels of quality.

As for sentai, I've been watching Dairanger. I can't understand shit of what's going on, but it seems interesting enough. I guess the trick is actually finding subs for sentai so I can finally watch Dekaranger.

Arde5643

OHHH SHIIITT! Shadowmoon on the next ep of Decade? :D :D

The best villain in all sentai history! Yay!

Man, after seeing Black and RX, it seems they know how to keep up with the awesome fanservice.

Troidal

Arde5643 said:
OHHH SHIIITT! Shadowmoon on the next ep of Decade? :D :D

The best villain in all sentai history! Yay!

Man, after seeing Black and RX, it seems they know how to keep up with the awesome fanservice.

Yeah, I'm not even exaggerating here, but among all the things I've seen from my childhood brought back to the present *AND* done things right....Black and RX in Decade is really the best thing ever to have happened.

Bayformers, GI Joe, Kamen Rider NEXT, or any remakes from the past are all done in the most wrongful way possible.

So I've decide to jump into this tokatsu business never seen a single show we dont get such awesome in my country , is DECADE a good place to start ,seems like an impossible mission to work my way back to older shows

Arde5643

Rayven_king said:
So I've decide to jump into this tokatsu business never seen a single show we dont get such awesome in my country , is DECADE a good place to start ,seems like an impossible mission to work my way back to older shows
You're not going to find much plot or good characters/villains in the main characters of DECADE.
DECADE's pretty much a fanservice series with some silly dimensional hop plotline and some pretty weak main characters in tow.
DECADE's fun because it has all of the favorite classic and new Kamen Riders from previous shows.

If you want to look at old series, the best one to start with is Kamen Rider Black and Kamen Rider Black RX.

Kamen Rider Black is probably one of the darkest if not the darkest Kamen Rider series ever - it's pretty dramatic and pretty serious. Personally it's my best Kamen Rider series because:
* it's the series I grew up watching
* it's got the most badass henshin sequence as well as the manliest ever Kamen Rider of them all
* it's got the best villain in all of Kamen Rider series or perhaps all sentai series
* it's actually a pretty tragic series

Black RX is the more shonen-ish and more modern series (pretty much a base to a lot of the current Kamen Rider series), although it still retains the dark theme in Kamen Rider Black.
Differences between Black RX and Black:
* RX has a lot of different Kamen Rider types, Black only has one
* RX has humour and a big cast
* RX still maintains some seriousness, but is much less dramatic than Black

For modern series, I heard Agito's pretty good.

vareon

I hereby announce that Episode 26 and 27 are the best episodes of Decade so far, and it's quite hard to top that.

27 was so awesome except maybe for that awkward last second :lol

Arde5643

vareon said:
I hereby announce that Episode 26 and 27 are the best episodes of Decade so far, and it's quite hard to top that.

27 was so awesome except maybe for that awkward last second :lol
Anything with Tetsuo Kurata as Black will undoubtedly top anything. :D

But man, Shadowmoon's coming! And hopefully they keep the same arrogant, cunning, evil and powerful Shadowmoon from the Black series. That bastard's evil, I tell ya!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Fuck yeah! 26-27 eats up the other Decade episodes!

Anyone else DISAPPOINTED at the new Amazon though? It's like a pansy dressing up/pretending as the manly AMAZON.

ReiGun

Ookami-kun said:
Anyone else DISAPPOINTED at the new Amazon though? It's like a pansy dressing up/pretending as the manly AMAZON.
He doesn't say "AAAAAAAMMMMMAAAAAAAZZZZZOOOOONNNNNN!" nearly pissed off enough. Hype for next ep. killed.

It almost sounded like some Toku fan sitting in his mom's basement filming his own version of a henshin, that voice.

By the way, Hobby Link Japan has some sweet clearance sale going on right now. I just got the IXA and Kiva henshin belts for like 70% off.

Ookami-kun said:
Also, anyone else hate Kaito?

I don't HATE him per say..although I do find him to be a bit annoying in some episodes.
On a side note I just finished Ryuki..I think that is among my top favorites as far as Heisei goes.

Ok just finished watching Decade episodes 26-27. Yeah really cool, well very cool. Any who can someone explain Joe the Haze to me? I'm a bit confused as to whom is his in Black's and Black Rx's respective world.

Oh and screw Kaito, I don't even understand his motivation in the last episode either. Did he want respect or recognition? It seemed he always had both to me

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
RiderKairuu said:
I don't HATE him per say..although I do find him to be a bit annoying in some episodes.
On a side note I just finished Ryuki..I think that is among my top favorites as far as Heisei goes.

I liked Ryuki as a series, but I think Shinji is probably my least-liked main Rider so far.

ReiGun

Urban Scholar said:
Oh and screw Kaito, I don't even understand his motivation in the last episode either. Did he want respect or recognition? It seemed he always had both to me
Far as I could tell, he just wanted to be a dick.

I'm on episode 22 of Kabuto. I'm torn on Tendou. On one hand, he's an arrogant ass w/ an annoying sister. On the other, he's got mad skills and I want whatever made him so badass. Plus, it's not like every other Rider in the show isn't a full of himself asshole.
Except Gatack. Go Kagami! Go go go! :D

I just watched Shinkenger 22. Pretty boring episode, except for Genta. I lol'd at him having his sushi cart in the party. Also, Kotoha is adorable. I want to bake her a cake.

Also watched episodes 1 & 2 of Carranger. I lol'd.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ReiGun said:
He doesn't say "AAAAAAAMMMMMAAAAAAAZZZZZOOOOONNNNNN!" nearly pissed off enough. Hype for next ep. killed.

...seriously? fuck that. hype for that episode gone.

ReiGun said:
Except Gatack. Go Kagami! Go go go! :D

Yes the god of battle indeed.

Oh, guys in case you haven't checked this out. Set aside 9 minute of your life and watch this, you won't regret it.

be for warned though it will/does have spoilers if you're watching through a current rider series (i.e anything of kuuga to decade)

vareon

Ookami-kun said:
Also, anyone else hate Kaito?

I really hope we get a little more backstory about this guy, like how did he get his power, his connection with Decade, etc. I'm already lowering my expectations though :-/

Urban Scholar said:
Yes the god of battle indeed.

Oh, guys in case you haven't checked this out. Set aside 9 minute of your life and watch this, you won't regret it.

be for warned though it will/does have spoilers if you're watching through a current rider series (i.e anything of kuuga to decade)
If there's one thing that video prove, its that none of the Hesei riders henshin can compare to the awesomeness that is Black's own.

This a pretty great video though i really love Kiva's design.

Holtz

Urban Scholar said:
Ok just finished watching Decade episodes 26-27. Yeah really cool, well very cool. Any who can someone explain Joe the Haze to me? I'm a bit confused as to whom is his in Black's and Black Rx's respective world.
Joe the Haze was a cyborg created by the Crisis empire that later rebeled and helped out RX ocasionally. Below, a picture of him:
rxfriends.jpg

Slayven

vareon said:
I really hope we get a little more backstory about this guy, like how did he get his power, his connection with Decade, etc. I'm already lowering my expectations though :-/
When he will summon the 3 hell brothers

Ronin

SS4Gogita said:
I liked Ryuki as a series, but I think Shinji is probably my least-liked main Rider so far.
I thought Shinji was a fine rider. Kind of a dummy, but a heart of gold. Better than Ryotaro and Wataru for sure.

flintstryker said:
This a pretty great video though i really love Kiva's design.
Shame Kiva was a disappointment overall though. :-/

Ronin said:
I thought Shinji was a fine rider. Kind of a dummy, but a heart of gold. Better than Ryotaro and Wataru for sure.

Shame Kiva was a disappointment overall though.
:-/
Yeah so i heard...

Anyway just watched ep 27 of kamen rider decade....holysufkcingsahit that was awesome Minami Kotaro is the fucking man, i wish they would do a Decade spin off focusing on just Black And RX world.

Yeah and i have to agree with the general Consensus that the new Amazon doesn't sound anywhere near as awesome as the original did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom