• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENSHIN!! Official Tokusatsu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Wow, and they said Bandai of Japan isn't subtle.

Also, lol @ shitstorm regarding IT'S MORPHING TIME for Gobuster. The Sentai fanboys are really pulling their hair off.
Its fucking HILARIOUS man. The bitching is at an epic scale.

It cracks me up that people get so butt hurt over something like that. I find the stuff they are doing blurring the lines with Go-Bus to be kinda cool myself.

WillyFive

I don't see where the problem is about Go-Buster using Power Ranger phrases.

Unlike Gokaiger, Toei said Go-Buster was a celebration of all Toku (apparently just to keep the Anniversary thing going for another year). Not just Metal Heroes, but all of it, even Batman apparently. And like it or not, Power Rangers is the closest relative Sentai has.

Parallax

I don't see where the problem is about Go-Buster using Power Ranger phrases.

Unlike Gokaiger, Toei said Go-Buster was a celebration of all Toku (apparently just to keep the Anniversary thing going for another year). Not just Metal Heroes, but all of it, even Batman apparently. And like it or not, Power Rangers is the closest relative Sentai has.
Because the purity of a certain series has been tainted, despite it happening before. And I guess their having a hard time coming to grips that the only ones that are truly flipping their shit are western sentai fans. They'll be fine once the series starts.

Takao

Banned
A wee bit excessive, eh?

BmvrM.png

This is amazing, bwahaha.

vareon

Garo 16

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

There's more to Leo than this I believe. We still have many episodes to develop his character.

TreIII

Because the purity of a certain series has been tainted, despite it happening before. And I guess their having a hard time coming to grips that the only ones that are truly flipping their shit are western sentai fans. They'll be fine once the series starts.

Pretty much.

GoBuster looks like fun, in any case.

I forget...how much were they bitching when Magi vs Deka used the SPD Battlizer?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

They pretty much twist their panties and use the weird logic of "PR isn't popular in Japan", forgetting that it might not be popular, but it is KNOWN.

I also love how they make strawmen.

Really, Sentai purists are much worse than Ranger purists. The only people you deal on the latter are MMPR fanboys and Tommy fanboys.

Parallax

I forget...how much were they bitching when Magi vs Deka used the SPD Battlizer?

for the deka battalizer? there was gloating. when the magired battlizer appeared in scans, the bitching began. i dont know if magired got the battlizer though.

I still haven't seen Magiranger, but it's pretty high on my "To watch" list. Love their suits.

Whenever the dude says "Mahou" at the start of the OP I hear it as "Mah hoe" and imagine some kind of magical pimp.

Decade's villain squad looks kind wack. They could have gave a brother Shadowmoon or the Arch Orphnoch.

It's already weird having him back at DaiShocker, putting the guy that deposed him in the movie amongst the group would make it worse. Arch Orphnoch though, yeah, and they could get some Greeed Maki in there.

Slayven

It's already weird having him back at DaiShocker, putting the guy that deposed him in the movie amongst the group would make it worse. Arch Orphnoch though, yeah, and they could get some Greeed Maki in there.

I heard this was revenge for not being able to use more Showa monsters in previous movies.

NeonZ

I heard this was revenge for not being able to use more Showa monsters in previous movies.

I was about to say that... Basically, the script writer of this movie also wrote Let's Go Kamen Riders. In that movie, he wanted to make Shocker in Let's Go Kamen Riders use only Showa monsters.
The Heisei monsters aren't even mentioned in the script. They were added to the movie by the director, who just threw them there while recording the scenes. That's why only Showa villains had lines or any script relevance at all (aside from the Imagin in the beginning, who weren't part of Shocker).

Now, I don't know if this is "revenge", but I guess he got his wish of using Showa-only guys this time. Even further than "Showa era", every monster in that line up for the new movie are from organizations tied to the Great Leader (Shocker, Gel-Shocker, Destron, Dogma Kingdom, Jin Dogma, Badam).

WillyFive

K-Pop gets made fun of in the FF characters and David Letterman threads, Toku gets made fun of in the Power Ranger threads.

Besides, Kpop-Gaf is FAR bigger than Toku-Gaf. Not even close.

In fact, we're so small that no one has bothered to move this 3 year old thread into Community. Not that I'm complaining.

Slayven

K-Pop gets made fun of in the FF characters and David Letterman threads, Toku gets made fun of in the Power Ranger threads.

In fact, we're so small that no one has bothered to move this 3 year old thread into Community. Not that I'm complaining.
We are like ninjas, protecting Gaf from kaiju.

I personally love the niche we fill. Not sure you gents have noticed but our conversations and discussion have been very much to the point in regards to the subjects we bring up. No derailing, silliness(well out of the usual =p), what have you. I'm grateful really.

*Toku gaf thumbs up*

Parallax

shut up willy. someone could be watching!

but in all seriousness, the simple fact that we dont even have a mod presence doesnt bother me. were like a self governing colony within gaf.

We are like ninjas, protecting Gaf from kaiju.

heh heh heh. or this.

Slayven

shut up willy. someone could be watching!

but in all seriousness, the simple fact that we dont even have a mod presence doesnt bother me. were like a self governing colony within gaf.

heh heh heh. or this.

We just got to keep Urban from posting photos of G-buster Yellow's thighs.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Korea is like the den of MMOs... most of which are kinda generic. Only thing that slightly broke free was Ragnarok.

NeonZ

I am guessing Foundation X is dead or just for movies.

Well, they just appeared in Megamax. Anyway, it seems like the only producer interested in using them is Tsukada, the one who created them in the first place (He's W's and Fourze's main producer). So, they'll likely only pop up in works that are headlined by him.

They could eventually appear in the last Fourze arc like in W, or he might just leave them for next year's Rider (which will likely be produced by him due to OOO's producer leaving to work in the new Sentai series) and keep them movie only for now.

I should be all caught up on Fourze before the weekend is over. It's going to feel weird being caught up on Rider after two years. I think at that point I may go back and watch the older ones I haven't seen yet like Agito, Blade and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom