• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENSHIN!! Official Tokusatsu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyFive

I hope it ends up being coherent and not a random mess of fight footage from various heroes like the fight of Let's Go Kamen Riders.

It's cool to have a billion heroes fighting on-screen at once, but it needs to work as a movie too, otherwise it's a headache and makes people tired of crossovers.

So someone linked to Episode 1 of GARO in a different thread and I clicked and I watched it

GARO is neato

I've been watching it little by little with a friend and enjoying it. It started out just ok but it's been getting better and better around the half way mark. I'm at ep 18 now and really want to keep watching, but I need to wait for my friend to come by so we can continue. I just hope the post season 1 stuff got a bigger budget - Great fights but it feels lacking on the special effects.

Also, now seems like a good time to ask. Is this the proper viewing order?:
GARO
GARO Gaiden
Beast of the Midnight Sun
Red Requiem
KIBA Gaiden
GARO Makai Senki

WillyFive

That five-way tribute episode of Gokaiger was quite a sight.

The ending for Insarn is a bit disappointing due to how long we knew her, though.

vareon

I've been watching it little by little with a friend and enjoying it. It started out just ok but it's been getting better and better around the half way mark. I'm at ep 18 now and really want to keep watching, but I need to wait for my friend to come by so we can continue. I just hope the post season 1 stuff got a bigger budget - Great fights but it feels lacking on the special effects.

Also, now seems like a good time to ask. Is this the proper viewing order?:
GARO
GARO Gaiden
Beast of the Midnight Sun
Red Requiem
KIBA Gaiden
GARO Makai Senki

Yes, you'll have no problem with this order.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That five-way tribute episode of Gokaiger was quite a sight.

The ending for Insarn is a bit disappointing due to how long we knew her, though.

I always feel uneasy killing characters like her - especially when she has that "highschool life" schtick.

Slayven

If there are rider keys I hope it goes like this
Marvelous=Kabuto
Joe=Kiva
Don=Den-o with imajins
Luka=Agito
Ahim= Kuga
Gai=Gills.

The five tribute transformation/battle in Gokaiger was pretty fantastic.

Also like that the ultimate treasure is presenting them with a conundrum. They're obviously going to say "No thanks", take the Zangyack head on and then return the powers to their original owners before setting off for the space seas but it's nice to watch them deliberate in the meanwhile.

Poor Insarn didn't even get to properly learn traffic safety with Red Racer.

NeonZ

If there are rider keys I hope it goes like this
Marvelous=Kabuto
Joe=Kiva
Don=Den-o with imajins
Luka=Agito
Ahim= Kuga
Gai=Gills.

They'd likely just use OOO keys, one for each form. The Mobirates has OOO a sound, and they'll be sellin OOO keys soon. Also, Eiji's actor is in the movie,so I guess they might be able to pull a scene where the powers of his driver are drained somehow and turn into Ranger Keys for a while. Meanwhile, most other Riders won't have actors on set to stand around powerlessly for a while. They'll be just transformed all the time.

WillyFive

Yeah, I also like how in order for the Ultimate Treasure to work, it has to destroy the past 34 Super Sentai powers.

MagiRed really must have had a lot of confidence in the Gokaigers to think that they would gather all the 34 powers and not destroy them for the treasure.

Or he's still a dumb kid and got lucky again.

Boss Doggie

Hmm /m/ is down, so can't get juicy info.

Anyway I wonder why the last minute call for Mammoth was made.

Slayven

They'd likely just use OOO keys, one for each form. The Mobirates has OOO a sound, and they'll be sellin OOO keys soon. Also, Eiji's actor is in the movie,so I guess they might be able to pull a scene where the powers of his driver are drained somehow and turn into Ranger Keys for a while. Meanwhile, most other Riders won't have actors on set to stand around powerlessly for a while. They'll be just transformed all the time.

That makes sense, except Joe would be stuck with the lame Shauta.

WillyFive

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight might be one of the most unprofessional TV shows ever put on the air. The whole thing is like a fan production, down to the camerawork, acting, ADR, creativity, writing, and directing.

Makes you almost appreciate what Saban and Disney did. Even Operation Overdrive doesn't seem so bad right now (it still is, though).

vareon

OOO Wonderful was pretty much what I expected in a KR movie: crap, but I enjoyed it anyway. BuraKaWani is pretty cool though.

My favorite movie is still A to Z : Gaia Memories of Fate.

WillyFive

I had no idea there were no Kamen Rider shows in the 90's.

That explains why there are so little shows despite being 5 years older than Sentai.

Slayven

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight might be one of the most unprofessional TV shows ever put on the air. The whole thing is like a fan production, down to the camerawork, acting, ADR, creativity, writing, and directing.

Makes you almost appreciate what Saban and Disney did. Even Operation Overdrive doesn't seem so bad right now (it still is, though).

Not a likable person in the cast.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

im gonna have to disagree with you there. the acting may not be the best, but its still much better than overdrive. the one advantage overdrive had over dragon knight is the crossover. dragon knight meanwhile had one of the best villain in an adaptation ever, and one of the most manipulative riders in the west. there were issues ill agree, but it wasnt as bad as you make it seem

Boss Doggie

I wonder how Gokaiger will wrap up.

Also I hope we get to the 12 horoscopes soon, Fourze's nearing too right?

That is indeed a great mystery. Whatever the Gokaigers choose to do at the end, the finale is going to be very interesting.

Just a guess. Emperor swings. Explosions. Every unhenshins. Dramatic talks about friendship, teamwork etc. no suit final wave.

Hmmm now the lady kaijin is dead, no more mech fights?

WillyFive

Just a guess. Emperor swings. Explosions. Every unhenshins. Dramatic talks about friendship, teamwork etc. no suit final wave.

Hmmm now the lady kaijin is dead, no more mech fights?

I was talking more about the conundrum with the
Greatest Treasure in the Universe, and whether they choose to destroy the past powers to destroy Zangyack and make their dreams come true (bring back Luka's sister, save Cid, get the destroyed planets back, etc.), or abandon their dreams and preserve the history of Super Sentai.

I was talking more about the conundrum with the
Greatest Treasure in the Universe, and whether they choose to destroy the past powers to destroy Zangyack and make their dreams come true (bring back Luka's sister, save Cid, get the destroyed planets back, etc.), or abandon their dreams and preserve the history of Super Sentai.

When has turning back history ever turned out well?

And they just made all those new 'retro' suits. Be prepared for them to be milked in the next few films.

Probably some compromise will be decided.

Unless they pull something off like Jetman, it's kinda late for having Gai die all of a sudden.

Unless they're just like "he actually died when he was hit by the truck. Abare Killer, Time Fire and Dragon Ranger just allowed him to stay amongst the living until the Zangyack were defeated" or whatever.

I doubt anything like that will happen, though.

Slayven

I hope they contour with the trend of the 6 ranger being really part of the team. I hate when they are sidelined for the final battle.

Well... Gai got his powers from 'dead' rangers. I would be more likely earlier on, but this late?

And completely forgot about Fourze this week. Like the board for some reason. Super silly ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom