• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENSHIN!! Official Tokusatsu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyFive

More rumors for upcoming shows: Akibarangers's headquarters will be set in a "Sentai Cafe", and the 2012-2013 Kamen Rider will be based on tablets and smartphones.

the 2012-2013 Kamen Rider will be based on tablets

Narutaki.jpg

Slayven

in that sense i think kabuto had more swag that faiz... up until hyper mode anyway.
Yeah, Kabuto managed to out ego Stronger. But Tendou is Tendou, he eithers folks by talking about his grandma.

More rumors for upcoming shows: Akibarangers's headquarters will be set in a "Sentai Cafe", and the 2012-2013 Kamen Rider will be based on tablets and smartphones.

Henshin, there is an app for that.

Depends on how soon it is before the start of the series and how detailed they are. Doing the rumor math I say these have an 80 percent chance of being accurate.

I feel like that theme/motif is the easiest route to take but I'm sure whatever it ends up being I'll probably like it.

vareon

Depends on how soon it is before the start of the series and how detailed they are. Doing the rumor math I say these have an 80 percent chance of being accurate.

Wasn't the first batch of rumors usually wrong? Not that it is false, but it might be leaked from a very early concept that they can change it anytime.

I rather have adult riders too. I'm tired of seeing stupid kids doing dumb shit.

Adult rider (or ranger) usually means a more adult storyline.

Having a rider that can somewhat fight is also nice.

Didn't really enjoy the fact that OOO's pretty much bumbled his way through every single fight.

METEOR READY?

If we're talking about main riders, though, yeah. Haven't seen one since Decade.

Accel also pretty much tanked his way through all his fights, and also learned kungfu in the movie (sakamotofied).

Decade? Didn't he get his ass kicked for 80% of a fight, make a friendship speech, final form ride, win?

Tsukasa was pretty much Tendou that kinda sucks at fighting =/

Having a rider that can somewhat fight is also nice.

Didn't really enjoy the fact that OOO's pretty much bumbled his way through every single fight.

This is what I've been screaming from the mountaintops for years now. If the plot isn't super compelling, the fights can't make up for it when its all trembling, falling, and "whoop! up! huh! ehhh!!!" fights. They're no fun to watch at all. Aren't the fights supposed to be cool and impressive in these shows? Not just falling down and swinging like they're scared and maybe getting a lucky hit or two.

This is what I've been screaming from the mountaintops for years now. If the plot isn't super compelling, the fights can't make up for it when its all trembling, falling, and "whoop! up! huh! ehhh!!!" fights. They're no fun to watch at all. Aren't the fights supposed to be cool and impressive in these shows? Not just falling down and swinging like they're scared and maybe getting a lucky hit or two.

Well it works for a toy commercial.

It's not about hard work or skill. It's about pro toy usage!

At least fourze fights are alot more interesting now sakamoto is directing.

I assume suits also matter. Which is probably why sentai tend to be more 'fluid' than rider.

vareon

Accel also pretty much tanked his way through all his fights, and also learned kungfu in the movie (sakamotofied).

Decade? Didn't he get his ass kicked for 80% of a fight, make a friendship speech, final form ride, win?

Tsukasa was pretty much Tendou that kinda sucks at fighting =/

Choreography wise, IMO Decade is much more fun to watch, particularly on his Rider vs Rider segments. Not so much when he started his gadget of the day though.

Slayven

Choreography wise, IMO Decade is much more fun to watch, particularly on his Rider vs Rider segments. Not so much when he started his gadget of the day though.

I love when Decade would stab somebody just so he had something to hold his sword while going for his next card.

Also, Super Samurai premieres today.

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!

For some reason I have high hopes for Super Samurai but I know I should drop it a notch. I really want to see what Shikenger Lite does without the play by play to back it up. We'll see if Shikenger can be truly adapted into something semi-original.

Super Samurai was okay but nothing great, pretty standard for the season.

Nice little bit of unmorphed fighting, and I like Emily's new hairdo. Looks cute.

WillyFive

Gokaiger is over, what a show. That final fight is the stuff of legends. In fact, the whole show was; it's as good as Toku shows can hope to be. That wave goodbye and the passing of the torch to Go-Busters was brutal.

Anyway, the complete list of returning on-screen Rangers:

404553_325973687448660_225695427476487_887518_1143953283_n.jpg

And the complete list of returning civilians, suit-only characters, and returning Rangers that only did voice-overs and weren't on-screen.

gokailegend.jpg

And of course, the Gokaiger cast had to say good-bye too:

gokaigoodbye.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom