• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENSHIN!! Official Tokusatsu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoddGutts

Love how funny Kamen Rider Fourze can be:

TkVJK.jpg

Ctu1t.jpg

^ During Transformation scene.

Or like in the recent ep when we see Shun (Football players) drinking water while the transformation is happening with him looking at the camera like a dork.

lEEvC.png

Nice comic artwork of Yuki.

Do miss the low camera angles from behind. :(

TV Rating comparisons between Fourze and Gokaiger

fgKpN.jpg

Fourze is in the third column Gokaiger in the fifth column.

More TV ratings:

1/22 Fourze 5.3 Goikager 3.8
1/29 Fourze 6.1 Goikager 4.5

WillyFive

Fourze has a fantastic sense of humor, from the drawings to background stuff to the various scenes during the transformations. Especially the excellent cast and how they work with each other on-screen.

vareon

Impressions time~!

Fourze

I hope Ryusei's identity is revealed very soon or at least resolved in a believable way. By now there's now way nobody suspects the new student is the new Kamen Rider, with him never being seen when Meteor fights. And has the name "Ryusei" to boot! As for the villains, Virgo will spice things up.

Gokaiger

Good tribute, mediocre finish for Insarn. The best thing here of course is the treasure. Not only it is a real treasure, but one where the heroes will have to think about the consequences of using it.

Garo

Good fights as usual, and the story's setting itself to a finish. I kinda missed Mark Musashi though, he made the last season so awesome.

Slayven

Man I fully expected to never see the Beat, and Water swtiches again. Nice use of them. I love how they are turning Shun in a lovable goof.

WillyFive

Just like Gokaiger,
destroying the Greatest Treasure in the Universe.

This show has been incredible, top shelf Sentai. Next week is the finale.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I've been waiting for a good Kamen Rider to watch since Faiz ended, and I'm actually getting tired of it.

I can see that Fourze is getting better ratings than the new Ranger series, but is anybody actually watching it? Is it any good? From the pictures, its rather weird. And don't even start me on that costume...

I guess I'll just rewatch Black and Black RX. I haven't seen it since the 90's and I don't remember anything about the story. All I remember is that it was pretty awesome, but maybe that's my 13 year old self saying things.. I guess I'll find out.

Slayven

I've been waiting for a good Kamen Rider to watch since Faiz ended, and I'm actually getting tired of it.

I can see that Fourze is getting better ratings than the new Ranger series, but is anybody actually watching it? Is it any good? From the pictures, its rather weird. And don't even start me on that costume...

I guess I'll just rewatch Black and Black RX. I haven't seen it since the 90's and I don't remember anything about the story. All I remember is that it was pretty awesome, but maybe that's my 13 year old self saying things.. I guess I'll find out.

Best Rider series since Double.

WillyFive

Fourze is awesome. The costume is awesome too. Go watch it.

I agree with everyone Fourze is great so far. What I enjoy most about it is the character development right off the bat..I went from despising Shun to liking him as a character.

vareon

W and Fourze had similarities : they chose one direction and focus on it. Some people will be put off by the initial premise (W with the two-person rider and detective, Fourze with high school antics) and costume design, but it is actually far more refreshing than OOO, which is practically a by-the-book Heisei Rider series.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, Fourze is a fresh series so far despite the initial offputting on the costume design. It's one awesome ride!

WillyFive

I loved the Fourze costume from the very start, but I never liked any of the previous Kamen Rider suits.

Also, I'm pretty much as big a space fan as Yuki is, so a superhero based on a space shuttle instantly earned my undying adoration.

You know what sucks? I'm 80% sure the 'ultimate form' of Fourze will look like garbage =/

Didn't like OOO's dinosaur form or W xtreme.

I really liked Decade's though.

What are Gaf's favorite 'final form' riders?

mmm gokaiger....

that flag was so annoying. There is no wind! Wirefu flags!

I hate Decade's ultimate - it's too obviously-I'm-a-merchandising-commercial.

lol kamen rider has always been about that, especially the last few ones.

Heck, Fourze seems to have a new switch every eps or so now =P

Slayven

mmm gokaiger....

that flag was so annoying. There is no wind! Wirefu flags!

Heck, Fourze seems to have a new switch every eps or so now =P
I think they are at their best when they fully embrace it like they have with the last few series.

vareon

You know what sucks? I'm 80% sure the 'ultimate form' of Fourze will look like garbage =/

Didn't like OOO's dinosaur form or W xtreme.

I really liked Decade's though.

What are Gaf's favorite 'final form' riders?

Google Kamen Rider Fourze cosmic states.

My favorite final form is Armed Hibiki:

VLA5o.jpg

The second is Kiva Emperor, but his design was not realized by the suit. The SIC design or fanarts are much better than the real-life suit of his royal clunkiness.

Yeah, but they're never really just "paste the merch all over the suit" like Decade Complete.

Don't really have a favourite final form. Probably Blade King or Kabuto Hyper I guess. Didn't like Decade Complete at all, even though his base form is one of my favourite Rider designs.

vareon

Super Hero Time!

Gokaiger

Almost there! Looks like there's going to be a helluva battle next week. I like it that they used Barivroom (Varibroom? Varivloom?) again.

Fourze

Is Nao Nagasawa going to be a regular? Please be a regular. Cancer is very cool, reminds me of Mass Effect's Prothean. Who thought we get to see another Horoscope before Leo?

I was thinking TaJaDor as well..even though he used the other one more and being able to directly attack core medals seems kinda OP. Makes sense.

Google Kamen Rider Fourze cosmic states.

hmmm doesn't look too bad. He does seem to have a sword similar to hyper kabuto.

also latest garo

Called the plot twist. Didn't know he was also a knight though... Don't like the color much... and sword again? We need some blunt wielding makai knights.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wasn't the card system the whole stick of decades plot?

A lot of fourze switches seem pretty useless or just one off ones. Remind me of that random bug thing that kabuto used for 1 eps.

And yeah it is the plot... but at least Ryuki and Blade didn't have cards appear as part of his suit and do nothing! And let's not get started on final DiEnd! Compare to Fourze, where the switches are part of his suit but actually adds functionality.

On the contrary - Fourze actually mixes up his switches. It's actually very surprising!

Slayven

I think Gokaiger and Goseiger should have swapped villains. And I hope Gobusters bring back bizarro sentai teams. An evil sentai team made of femme fatales would be nice.

And yeah it is the plot... but at least Ryuki and Blade didn't have cards appear as part of his suit and do nothing! And let's not get started on final DiEnd! Compare to Fourze, where the switches are part of his suit but actually adds functionality.

On the contrary - Fourze actually mixes up his switches. It's actually very surprising!

ooh you are talking about the cards on final decades shoulder/chest.

Yeah... that's a bit tacky lol. I do love the silly psp thingy though. I won't argue that decade has any sort of comprehensible plot.... but I do like his suit and it's capabilities (which wasn't really utilized completely until the 2nd movie).

Fourze

Caught up on the last two eps of Fourze; I'm not sure how long Ryuusei can keep up the charade really. I mean I'm the resident chicken? Come on brah.

Also Cancer being born was great and I find really fitting that a drama kid had them fooled. So um that homeroom teacher did she look like back a few years? I say this with the utmost respect, mmm I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom