• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENSHIN!! Official Tokusatsu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
166imy4c.gif

That'd be pretty cool though lol I didn't think I would enjoy Kamen Rider as much as I have. I really enjoyed W and I am almost done with Kiva...I am having to force myself through this one...that doll man is umm...different..

Wiseblade

Did someone say... CreepyGAF?

Anyway, I'm optimistic about Go-Busters with all the PR nods. Maybe it'll play to my nostalgia more than Gokaiger has.

vareon

It's Nisemonogatari. She even said "Cutting down a thousand demons, the watchdog of hell, Dekamaster!" during that scene.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
That'd be pretty cool though lol I didn't think I would enjoy Kamen Rider as much as I have. I really enjoyed W and I am almost done with Kiva...I am having to force myself through this one...that doll man is umm...different..
I haven't seen kiva, but the only thing about it that seems interesting is Ixa

OOO Wonderful was decent. Some nice Cakeboss moments, Burakawani was cool, nice Fourze cameo and then Medal Squadron OOOranger was a thing.

Not a bad way to spend an hour.

Slayven

OOO Wonderful was decent. Some nice Cakeboss moments, Burakawani was cool, nice Fourze cameo and then Medal Squadron OOOranger was a thing.

Not a bad way to spend an hour.

Yeah that was a pretty awesome final battle. I like how the greeds tossed him the medals and they were like "what evs".

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
so the two other go-busters are silver and orange. and seem to be kabuto and kuwagata themed. sound familiar?

i also just realized that we have two juniors watching this thread. welcome to tokugaf! have fun, feel free to talk about what you like, and dont bring needless drama here. we dont want mods circling this thread.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
A silver robot, with horns, shrinking down to look the other other rangers. How silly.

so the two other go-busters are silver and orange. and seem to be kabuto and kuwagata themed. sound familiar?

i also just realized that we have two juniors watching this thread. welcome to tokugaf! have fun, feel free to talk about what you like, and dont bring needless drama here. we dont want mods circling this thread.

^ What he said! Welcome! We need more in the tokugaf army!
Also where can I see the OOO movie? I don't think TVN has it uploaded.

Interesting. I always thought TV-N were the default group but that was my just my ignorance, I never really searched for any other fansub groups.

Anyone see the scans for Beetbuster and Stagbuster? I actually already like them and the extra heroes almost always look worse in the toy catalogue scans, then live they look awesome.

And isn't the changer kinda like the IXA Rising phone/gun thinggy he had?

Slayven

Anyone see the scans for Beetbuster and Stagbuster? I actually already like them and the extra heroes almost always look worse in the toy catalogue scans, then live they look awesome.

And isn't the changer kinda like the IXA Rising phone/gun thinggy he had?
Beetbuster looks like he missed the secondary rider's carpool.

Every new scan of the show gives me a Den-O feel.

Stage On

Holy cow! It's about time we got an Orange ranger.

And wow that Silver Ranger looks pretty rad

Interesting. I always thought TV-N were the default group but that was my just my ignorance, I never really searched for any other fansub groups.

I'm sure TV-N is still the default for a lot of people, O-T are just the most popular alternative.

I like O-T because their style is generally more in line with what I want from a translation and they tend to get episodes out in half the time it takes TV-N. Some people that prefer their translations a little more rigid probably wouldn't really be into them, though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Haha Ookami is going to be pissed, the Gokaigers got the rest of the great powers in the cold opening of today's ep.

Oh I already know that :p

I'm sure TV-N is still the default for a lot of people, O-T are just the most popular alternative.

I like O-T because their style is generally more in line with what I want from a translation and they tend to get episodes out in half the time it takes TV-N. Some people that prefer their translations a little more rigid probably wouldn't really be into them, though.

Same, I prefer O-Ts because TVN encapsulates what I don't like in subbing. And let's not even get to their community.

WillyFive

Extra heroes for Go-Busters already? How annoying.

I might be the odd one out, but I watch o-t and archive tv-n.

Flashy subs seems like a no brainer for a genre defined by effects.

TV-N's flashy subs are ridiculously awesome every year. But their translations are mostly poor compared to Overtime. They are more accurate, but they don't read well in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom