• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banana Stand

Neo Member
I've been playing 3-4 days a week for months. I'm excited to see what changes are ahead for the game. Hopefully a larger userbase will get Blizzard to put in more resources into it.

Ragnaroz

Is he OP? I've only played about 20 games on the beta and I'd either destroy him as Valla or see him wiping a whole team. I'm assuming the latter is more common.
With a semi proper team, yes. If he has a relatively capable healer on his team, he's basically unkillable in the right hands.

Ragnaroz

Uther is the toughtest one to deal with as Illidan. Muradin, not so much, most of them have extremely telegraphed stuns.

brian!

It's his on demand 50% atspd reduction and avatar interrupts mainly, but the stun is great and not that hard to hit imo

Same w/ tyreal, the stun is great, but imposing will and the shield/speedup for the target he is on is incredible.

Uther def GOAT against illidan tho

but most ppl that cant chain cc against illidan are a bit rough if he's rolling with someone with cleanse

Spl1nter

It's his on demand 50% atspd reduction and avatar interrupts mainly, but the stun is great and not that hard to hit imo

Yep, Muradin is great against illidan. Illidan is not a first pick compared to Jaina/Sylvanas/Brightwing. Sylvanas/vikings is a much bigger problem than any illidan comp.

On my way home from launch party - hype! Freebies a bit underwhelming though good to be part of the event. Got a few photos can share later!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
On my way home from launch party - hype! Freebies a bit underwhelming though good to be part of the event. Got a few photos can share later!
Hope you had fun :)

This game has been consuming all my gaming time lightly... It's singlehandedly wrecked my manageable backlog.

Can't stop won't stop.

Jakeh111

Been playing beta for a week and like it so far. Could never get into DOTA or LoL but HotS seems fun and enjoyable for us newbies.

Stealth50

Very fun game and I really hope it picks up in popularity because I greatly prefer it over other MOBAs
(hero brawlers)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Welp, guess who's internet just got running again... sigh.

Guess I'll be playing a few more games before heading to bed. I feel like my soul has been drained out today.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, guess who's internet just got running again... sigh.

Guess I'll be playing a few more games before heading to bed. I feel like my soul has been drained out today.

Sounds like you're having a blast. Try not to have too much fun!

lol just go to bed if you're tired

funo

xbgitb.jpg

for those of you wondering about your nice mount

Askani

Site is still a touch slow but I was finally able to get my Spider mount just now. You may try again if you were having problems before.

Alex

Looking forward to Johanna, I have the most fun on Warriors and I really like her design (and the Crusader in general).

I only saw an Abathur chewed out for being "AFK" one time. Oddly enough it was an Abathur who duo queued with an Illidan and they were wrecking face.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Yay, the OT is up! This game is great fun, the first dota style game that I've really enjoyed thoroughly.

Yoshichan

Finally, first win in 8 games :)

Thank you Funo and Daniel!

Sölf

Release time!
Johanna sounds so damn OP. She basically has 2 ultimats (Gazlowe and ETC) as basic abilites. They are weaker, but still.

Probably have to buy her.

The1Ski

I wish there was a mode in between quick match and hero league. My hero diversity experience is a little lacking to be really competitive but I'm competent enough to identify the new scroobs in quick match.

Not knocking on scroobs, I, too, was once like them.

Maybe a quick match sub-mode for level 30 and above? Either that our some refinement to match making.

So overall the launch event was maybe a bit underwhelming, but considering it was a 10 minute journey from my office and I didn't pay anything for it - I can't complain. I got a Malfurion Storm Mantle Skin code (lol) and some ghastly 'Nexus' glasses which will probably go straight in the bin! Bought myself and a friend a couple of T-Shirts too. Was hoping for a few more surprises but still a good couple of hours. Some photos:

I snagged several of these free drink tokens

... which gets you a Nexus themed Cup of Carlsberg or Becks. Yay...

Lots of HotS action throughout. I caught one guy trying his best not to be salty.

The girl who did the Demon Hunter was amazing, Tyrael looked great but I was so much taller than him it kinda broke the immersion XD

No idea how the 'wall video' was on stream but I was right next to it and it was incredible. Photo doesn't really do it justice:

Nice view of t'Shard on the way home...

Yoshichan

Nice pics man! Thanks for sharing!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Man, fuck post-loss disconnections. I stuck it out with that shit team for that XP.

Blizz post on trying to fix the teambuilder thing

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/17908690695

Hello everyone,

We're aware that many players are encountering issues when attempting to complete the Team Builder App on Facebook to receive the Mechanospider mount. We're investigating now, and working to get the app running smoothly as soon as possible. Some of you may also wish to try clearing your browser's cache as a potential workaround for this issue.

We've also received reports that, upon completing the App, a number of players were given codes that are too short to redeem. If you've received a code that is 1 or 2 characters short, you may be able to work around this issue by adding zeroes to the front of your code until it is 25 characters long.

We appreciate your patience as we work on a fix.

Thank you!

Kssio_Aug

Wow, I just had a crazy match at Garden of Terror! Until half of the match my team was being beaten hard, I was almost sure we would lose and pretty fast. However, it seems the team decided to stay together (no chat communication at all though) and then we were able to make our way through the middle lane to the victory! It felt like this:
ehdhfm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom