• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

spk

I hope they end up fixing Illidan, he is ridiculously broke.

He can seem that way with proper support, yeah. I've had some real trouble against him with Aba/LiLi combos. Stealth in the game annoys me more tbh, it's always a chore playing against lurking invis heroes. Characters with skill resets are always irritating as hell

Maximus.

Just played a few games with Zagara and had a blast. Dominated games and completed some quests. Definitely will pick this hero up when I get a chance, surprised it was so fun. I really should try out Sylvannas to see how she plays before deciding on my next hero.

Savitar

The NA crew were doing good tonight, even if we had some at us at first we always turned the tide and showed them one for.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The NA crew were doing good tonight,
EU doing work tonight as well... :(

iWSZ3HM.jpg

Seiru

Banned
Man people cannot handle the double-xp Abathur on Haunted Mines.

I hate to put this tip out there, but check the bottom bush during mine phase, people.

Panthers

The NA crew were doing good tonight, even if we had some at us at first we always turned the tide and showed them one for.

NA crew send me an invite. I'm about to go to bed but I'll be on Wednesday. Rhyno#1559.

I think I've played with a few ppl on GAF and it's always fun. Nearly got a 7 min Mines kill before the enemy team noticed the golem on their core so early. Got it to 36(?) %.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mother of all that is holy... EU-GAF (a small part of it, at least) is going to bed right now.

That's me and a few other people playing from 11am to 5am. That is approximately (small breaks not included) 18 fucking hours of Heroes of the Storm today.

Putting the alarm so I get 4 hours of sleep... then continuing tomorrow (hopefully another 20 hours). Good night people, love you all~

Edit: oh and here's the result of me smashing the table hard. How does vibrations work now again?

RIP in Peace, my favorite lamp :(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
On the screen for a hero, the Takedowns is how many times you were taken down, right?

Because Valla has 90 wins and 63 takedowns, which seems too low to be how many times I took someone down. And Murky is 49 wins and 853 takedowns, which makes sense if it's how many times he was taken down.

But here is the weird thing, Zagara is 28 wins and no takedowns, but I know I was killed as her before. Uther has 16 wins and 116 takedowns, and I really don't think I died that much. Tyrande and Zeratul also have zero takedowns, but Kerrigan has 93. These numbers make no sense either way.

That can totally be fixed.

TheYanger

On the screen for a hero, the Takedowns is how many times you were taken down, right?

Because Valla has 90 wins and 63 takedowns, which seems too low to be how many times I took someone down. And Murky is 49 wins and 853 takedowns, which makes sense if it's how many times he was taken down.

But here is the weird thing, Zagara is 28 wins and no takedowns, but I know I was killed as her before. Uther has 16 wins and 116 takedowns, and I really don't think I died that much. Tyrande and Zeratul also have zero takedowns, but Kerrigan has 93. These numbers make no sense either way.

That can totally be fixed.

takedowns is kills. They bugged em out at some point and any prior to the OB patch got nuked though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
takedowns is kills. They bugged em out at some point and any prior to the OB patch got nuked though.
Okay, so it's only newer kills. I've clearly been hardcore on choosing Murky for recent games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yoshichan no offense but your rage stories are making me question your age, which I thought skewed older before but...not so much these days >_>

spk

Mother of all that is holy... EU-GAF (a small part of it, at least) is going to bed right now.

That's me and a few other people playing from 11am to 5am. That is approximately (small breaks not included) 18 fucking hours of Heroes of the Storm today.

Putting the alarm so I get 4 hours of sleep... then continuing tomorrow (hopefully another 20 hours). Good night people, love you all~

Edit: oh and here's the result of me smashing the table hard. How does vibrations work now again?

Do you develop unhealthy habits with every game you play? I swear I read these kinds of posts in the D3 thread too....

Kssio_Aug

Is this a DOTA 2 killer?

Besides both being MOBA, I think they're just different, and appeal do different people or could be played together other then excluding one another.

Dota and League never appealed to me cause:
-Too long matches (40~60 minutes) for not too much free time to play.
-Items: Besides some people like it to customize their heroes, it deviates my attention cause I don't want to learn wich items to use during the match, making tons of wrong choices and being criticised the entire match.
-Independent experience: Again, for someone starting, just like me, it is a pain to keep up with your experienced team mates... and again, they're gonna blame you the entire match for every mistake it happens.
-Coins: Same as above!

Heroes of the Storm in another hand, allows me to learn while playing, and besides I do need to deal with constant whinners I keep up with the team level, only need to learn about my favorite heroes talents builds, don't need to worry about picking money up and spending it right, and the matches are way faster and batter paced, with 20 minutes of constant action! Also, I really like that "MMORPG" trinity of support, tank and assassin classes, aswell as all of those different objectives each map offers, making every match to feel fresh and recquiring different team oriented strategies!

I'm having much more fun with HotS then I could imagine to have with Dota or LoL, but I can understand that those who likes LoL and Dota and plays for a while may want to keep playing them giving the number of heroes available, the stabilished player base, and the more original style of the old Dota.

I've played a few thousand matches of Dota 2 and Heroes of the Storm and I have yet to divine why some people think being passive aggressive or outright hostile will get them what they want out of a match with a group of strangers. How does being a total shitheel help you...ever. When does that work?

They're also usually the ones with a defeatist attitude and are the first to forfeit a match.

This game needs to drop the WoW-style reporting system and adopt something more relevant to the genre. They need a proper report and commend system.

HowZatOZ

Banned
It feels like they are relying way too heavily on the Warcraft universe and not really giving the others as much service. Obviously Warcraft has the most lore and characters, but they could certainly fill some unique roles within the Diablo and StarCraft universes. Hopefully we get some from Overwatch as well.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
It feels like they are relying way too heavily on the Warcraft universe and not really giving the others as much service. Obviously Warcraft has the most lore and characters, but they could certainly fill some unique roles within the Diablo and StarCraft universes. Hopefully we get some from Overwatch as well.

My greatest criticism is that every map so far seems like it belongs to the Warcraft universe.

Oooh, nice! New thread!
Time to add some snarky "get away from this game you n00bs" comments

The Heroes of the Storm monetization system seems to revolve around giving people the feeling of rewards right out the gate and getting them invested in the game. The first month people play they are forming their impressions of the game and will likely make friends and spend money/gold if they are the type to do so. Basically the first month is based around getting people invested.

After the first month your gold gains are cut drastically, but you are already invested. To leave the game at this point would require you to leave your time investment, friends, real money purchases, and gold purchases. People have a really hard time walking away from investments regardless of what their future worth is. This is known as the sunk cost fallacy or Escalation of commitment.

From comparison of gold gains in LoL and HotS:
https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofth..._gains_math_heroes_of_the_storm_vs_league_of/

.... so when does the store update, gotta throw money at blizzard for those cheap cheap cheap 50% discounts, it's basically like making money! (or gold at least, but it feels the same... or does it feel even better?!)

edit:

eh, not for me. just feels more like "fantasy neutral"

perhaps the Spider Queen one feels actual Warcraft-y?

The temple map could easily be a sci-fi map, with different tile-set.
I would really like to have a few hard sci-fi maps.. with assembling some weird killer robots from parts you would have to gather from different parts of the map or sumthin..

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
eh, not for me. just feels more like "fantasy neutral"

perhaps the Spider Queen one feels actual Warcraft-y?

Aside from the spider/undead nothing really feels like warcraft. Maybe its the building design.

Every map has a high fantasy feel, that matches the Warcraft aesthetic for me, this and the lack of futuristic/dark fantasy maps (representing Starcraft and Diablo respectively).

I thought as well at first, but after thinking about it I think it is because it is easier to translate Warcraft heroes into the game as far as mechanics are concerned.
Obviously there are some Warcraft heroes that have unique playstyles, but characters like Sgt. Hammer and Zagara have really unique playstyles that definitely carry over elements from StarCraft.

All of this is from a noob who hasn't even tried out half of the cast yet though!

IceMarker

I hope whoever manages the Google Doc player list doesn't mind, but I added an important note next to my Battletag.

HOTS HYPE

It's more like Blizzard are relying on Warcraft 3/pre-Cata WoW feels to push Heroes of the Storm at launch. Look at some of the most recent additions: Jaina, Thrall, Sylvanas, and Kael'thas.

Finally added myself to the GAF list. I mostly play Brightwing, but am starting to focus on Zagara and Sylvanas.

Also, if you need another Facebook friend for the mechanospider, quote me to see a link to my dummy account.

Alur

I'm not sure what I'm more excited for.

Johanna...

...or Hearthstone card mount.

Either way, gimmegimmegimme.

This is the HOTS thread, no? Trying to get the mount from FB, but the page where you add friends doesn't allow me to do anything.

If you were like me and made a dummy account to get the mechanospider, you actually need to add friends to your friend list, then you can do the steps required. But if you already have a populated friends list, maybe it's just down. I was unable to complete it this afternoon, but it worked for me an hour ago.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This is the HOTS thread, no? Trying to get the mount from FB, but the page where you add friends doesn't allow me to do anything.

It was a MH joke :(

I didn't know you played heroes btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom