• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

He was actually cool as hell. I was surprised.

Now I'm matched with KingPlato (Heroes of the Dorm) and I know I've seen KeV2x before on streams. What is going on todayyyyy.

scoobs

The most standard of quick matches for ol' scabobos. Do everything, teammates feed, lose.
Nw57cVu.jpg

Ketch

they need to take the heal off of bloodlust!

are you fucking kidding me?

didn't that shit used to be the level 20 upgrade?

tried some unranked and that shit is just in every game. gross.

Milly79

Yeah, that was the level 20 upgrade. Now it just heals more at 20. Bloodlust was not picked before that, so I'm not sure what they could do to it while taking the heal away.

Ketch

lower the cooldown or giving teammates more damage or something

like something that doesn't make the enemy team invincible.

scoobs

Played some Xul today. Used to be one of my favorite heroes, got his master skin had like a 65% win rate with him. He's so shit in this current meta :(

Alavard

Xul feels hard to play in the current meta, but he's still got a solid winrate. Looking at just Diamond and Masters, he's got over 54%, and that goes way up on Tomb.

matmanx1

Played some Xul today. Used to be one of my favorite heroes, got his master skin had like a 65% win rate with him. He's so shit in this current meta :(

Yeah and I just bought him also. I really like his wave clear and push but he struggles against any kind of CC and has no burst dmg of his own. He is very situational, unfortunately.

brian!

Xul is pretty decent in this meta, skele mage counters a lot of popular stuff like diablo and w works with bloodlust, but yeah you still pick him for maps where you want his passive

scoobs

He struggles mightily against EQ Apocalypse Bloodlust, as he has no movement speed bonuses and just kinda dies. I think he can only be played on blackhearts and spider queen, which is a bummer

Zul'Jin is fun, but i really don't know how viable he is. Its just so easy to kill him.

So I was playing ranked placements, everyone just stacks on the middle, die or survive then stay there until they get wipe or do the objetive and still stacking on one lane

scoobs

So I was playing ranked placements, everyone just stacks on the middle, die or survive then stay there until they get wipe or do the objetive and still stacking on one lane

I can't say I've ever seen this behavior aside from the very first few minutes of the game. Everyone team fights middle in the first minute and then splits to lanes.

sounds like a nightmare

Ketch

He struggles mightily against EQ Apocalypse Bloodlust, as he has no movement speed bonuses and just kinda dies. I think he can only be played on blackhearts and spider queen, which is a bummer

Zul'Jin is fun, but i really don't know how viable he is. Its just so easy to kill him.

I think he fits exactly into this earth quake bloodlust bullshit

Zackat

ketch where did you pull that image from in the avatar thread. I wanna see if I can find a larger version of it. When I try to extract it from that image and make it big enough it is blurry af

edit: found one, they are in that thread.

scoobs

I think he fits exactly into this earth quake bloodlust bullshit
Oh I was still referring to Xul with that first bit, but ya zuljin totally benefits from it!

I'm loving zuljin from a design perspective, and his voice lines are incredible.

Also, got dat Rag master skin!

Ketch

ketch where did you pull that image from in the avatar thread. I wanna see if I can find a larger version of it. When I try to extract it from that image and make it big enough it is blurry af

edit: found one, they are in that thread.

Thanks duder. Well done.

Kioshen

Can't wait to try the troll during the free weekend. I like those ranged auto-attackers even if I can't seem to crack the code on how to do high amounts of damage with them.

Kioshen

But Kio you troll our clan chat in Clash Royale all the time... :D

I'm a method actor it's what I do xD. I'm unusually verbose in clan chat for GAF Royale. It's really weird but I just roll with it.

Try rebinding attack move to left click?

^

Told him many of times. He doesn't want to get better.

It doesn't work well with multiple character heroes like TLV, Rexxar or Samuro right? I don't even quick cast except on tracer so maybe that doesn't help either. I've been "a moving" since Warcraft 1 so it's not something I thought it was holding me back. Battle and map awareness is something I've been working on though.

Ketch

I'm a method actor it's what I do xD. I'm unusually verbose in clan chat for GAF Royale. It's really weird but I just roll with it.

It doesn't work well with multiple character heroes like TLV, Rexxar or Samuro right? I don't even quick cast except on tracer so maybe that doesn't help either. I've been "a moving" since Warcraft 1 so it's not something I thought it was holding me back. Battle and map awareness is something I've been working on though.

The only thing it prevents is box selecting units. So it won't affect Rexar, it's actually probably beneficial for him. Maybe it'll mess up TLV or samuro micro, but I don't box select on those heroes either.

You should use quick casting. Try "on release" option, it's very easy to adjust to.

Anyway, a move on left click is game changing for long range auto attacks.

Alavard

Butcher out of the meta so long everyone forgets his Lamb has a silence. Oh little Gul'Dan, you stepped out of position? Bye bye.

scoobs

Butcher out of the meta so long everyone forgets his Lamb has a silence. Oh little Gul'Dan, you stepped out of position? Bye bye.

Butcher is a beast and has been since his rework. Any time i run into one I'm a little scared, cuz 90% of butcher players are really damn good with him (the other 10% are mega-feeders)

I picked up the new skin pack today, that kharazim skin was too gangster not to buy

brian!

i wrote a whole post about positioning and made this clip (https://clips.twitch.tv/xcloser/GorgeousSalmonGingerPower) and googled this image of a 2v2 league of legends example (
) to show as an example for positioning but it got kind of long winded so i deleted it

the clip was meant to show a situation where the main way of dying was dehaka french kiss, but instead of leaving it's range linearly (running da fuk away) I moved in a way that ensured he took meaningful dmg. so like w/ an auto attacker you want every step he takes to get to you to be painful while keeping out of tongue range

tl;dr think of range of influence as a ring and think about how your cooldowns and enemy cooldowns change the size of this ring and always b shooting cuz ur dead weight if you aint shooting.

if you can right click someone, right click where you want to move, and then right click someone again you probably don't need to change any key bindings

Kioshen

Good god brian that clip was indeed a master class in positioning. I need to remember that dota 2 video where he showed rings of influence. IIRC the content creator died so RIP but still the content was amazing. Thanks for reminding me about rings of influence.

Milly79

Chu just won a hl game with a real protect the hammer comp

Johanna, Dibz, Artanis, Jaina, Hammer

Vs

Bwang, dehaka, Ming, Tychus, zeeb

Lol gg

Ketch

had a sick come back victory against a 5 stack in unranked. we had a group of 3 and two solos.

The turning point was a 4 man mosh while our rag's fire wave was coming through. It was pretty sick.

kirblar

The Battleground pool is as follows:

Braxis Holdout
Warhead Junction
Towers of Doom
Infernal Shrines
Battlefield of Eternity
Tomb of the Spider Queen
Sky Temple
Dragon Shire
Cursed Hollow
HGC S1 first half pool.

Would not be surprised if they announce Mines/Garden/Blackheart's are getting canned in QM/HL/TL/etc too.

scoobs

I don't see ANY reason for a limited map pool in quick match/unranked/HL. The selling point of this game is it's maps, why would you want to limit them?

I understand removing some if you want to make changes to them ala haunted mines, but what's the benefit otherwise?

I would just rotate them. The more often you have the same map the more proficient you get at them. If you have 3 sky temple games back to back you learn much quicker what does and doesn't work. Heck people at low elos might learn timings.

Maledict

I don't see ANY reason for a limited map pool in quick match/unranked/HL. The selling point of this game is it's maps, why would you want to limit them?

I understand removing some if you want to make changes to them ala haunted mines, but what's the benefit otherwise?

Because it is a ridiculously high learning curve for new players, and even for existing players. I play the game a lot, usually 3+ games a day. I think I've had less than 20 games on Warhead Junction in total since it was released. We played garden on Monday as a 5 stack and lost because we forgot the basic rule on garden (if both teams have a terror, always always defend). Simply because we haven't played on garden in a while.

The number of maps is just too high. Each requires a different draft and strategy and that is simply too much info for a game that prides itself on accessibility and easy entry.

Also, because some maps suck and need removing - garden, pirate map and haunted mines would be my first three to go. I still resent the time they spent on haunted mines, because from my perspective it's still a fucking stupid, unfun map that still has fundamental design issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom