• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

kirblar

They had no other real way to win, honestly. Might as well swing for the fences.
Wut? Game was dead even structure wise, temples were coming up, and they had a L20 v the other team's L19.

Bossing into a 5v4 where the other team has Zarya/Muradin/Tassadar/Rehgar was only ever going to end with exactly what just happened.

Alur

You watched the game, did you not? They couldn't win a fight. They had an advantage for the next round of temples, but not enough to win the game. 20 would've been achieved and they would have been right back to playing whack-a-mole and never killing anyone, or killing one and suffering worse for the fight.

They were just outcomped, period. They couldn't isolate reliably and that's why they were behind structure wise.

At that point you press your advantage and try to get creative and try to win, or you sit on your heels and die slowly. They had two of their own tools to protect that point, but one got interrupted and the other was used unwisely. It could've easily went the other way.

kirblar

Sure, but again, going for boss there is suicide because they will not get the boss.

I agree they had to do something, but "Muradin hopes on, Zarya expulsion's" was always how that was going to end unless they used the boss only to bait a fight, but they actually went for the boss.

scoobs

Q build for BOE tho.
Not sure if it's worth it for the immortal burn if you're not good enough with hitting heroes with Q. I suck at hitting her Qs on the reg, so I pretty much rely on her ult, W, and Calamity to secure kills.

Ultimately though, you should be drafting li Ming for her massive burst and team kill potential, not immortal burning. There are better immortal burn heroes out there.

Calamity is just too insane.

Fan on BStep. "Sometimes they just have different ideas and end up doing too many things." Wrt the boss fight. Said Caff and k1pro wanted to pick Udall on Zarya because Valla wasn't there but his team was just focusing boss in the meantime. Resulting in Caff wasting Holy Ground.

brian!

43687582fa134923bea16470d6efb1c6.png

🤔

brian!

misfits seem prtty tilted

the cut to inhouse screen and zooming out to the casters during a pause is pretty cool

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Got Samuro and learning how to use him properly. Still pretty boring. Seems kinda like a melee Nova with how you have to handle situations. At least being a Monkey King will make his aesthetic more interesting.

Edit: He does have one of the best dances in the game tho.

Maledict

Watching that draft I hadn't realised that Fnatic had only drafted spell damage until Misfits hit 13. Under those circumstances Superstition is a utterly amazing...

brian!

fnatic plays so well w/ medivh
misfits have a pretty anti-rag comp, but molten core is always dumb

focus was poor in that fight just now, but man fnatic w/ medivh is so fun to watch
every time you chunk rag it's a mirage

Maledict

Really not convinced by these no stack weird laser azmodan builds at all. Both times has just looked messy and silly, and globes damage is so low I'm not sure how you actually win.

Don't get Misfits being top EU team either TBH - the last proper tournament they were beaten by both Dig and Fnatic, and Fnatic then went on to get 2nd at Blizzcon. Obviously fantastic showing so far from them, but I don't see how anyone could think they have been top in EU for some time based off the record.

They beat fnatic at Gamescom in a Bo5 semifinals and then lost a Bo3 after playing 10 matches straight for a total of 13 matches w/o an extended break. The next Bo5 they also won as they did the current Bo5. Fnatic winning the tiebreaker was an upset, not to mention that Fnatic was bootcamping Misfits in preparation of Blizzcon. Dig won against them last with Alex, which had been their strongest form for quite some time, but he resigned right afterwards.

Also Glau's Rag was quite poor.

kirblar

Malf: 10% EU winrate first two days. (1/10)

Tychus: 10% NA winrate first two days. (1/10)

Zarya, on the other hand? Has looked godlike all 3 days.

Alur

If there is any justice in the world, NVT will get rekt in this series.

EDIT: That was a strong start. aka the god

kirblar

BoE/Braxis are the two where first pick Malf is most defensible. (They're also the maps where Morales is good for the same reason.)

Kioshen

BoE/Braxis are the two where first pick Malf is most defensible. (They're also the maps where Morales is good for the same reason.)

Can you elaborate on that? I'm curious to know so that I can understand a little bit better. I'm guessing because there's so much long fights that sustain healing is preferred.

kirblar

Can you elaborate on that? I'm curious to know so that I can understand a little bit better. I'm guessing because there's so much long fights that sustain healing is preferred.
It's that AND the fact that the fights are very early on in the game. Other healers have good sustain like Rehgar but don't have it stronger till later.

scoobs

For people calling for the Rag nerfs because he's dominating... just saw Trikslyr retweet this. Ragnaros 9-8 W/L. Tychus 1-12!! I don't understand that, he's so good. I guess just the worse teams are picking him?? Will be interesting to see how these stats pan out over an entire season.

kirblar

Lol at Tassadar 8 wins 0 losses. That's why his rework has to nerf him in some way ultimately.
His shields got stupidly overbuffed when he got the stupid QM rework.

I think his AA needs to work like Tracer's now though. The non-bo with stutter stepping is a big deal and it'd be a pretty clean fix.

Hugstable

Banned
After initially being disappointed last week with my gold gains going down after first 10 or so games when I started playing, I stuck around and really love playing this so far. Like these brawls that they do each week, really changes things up. Out of the heroes I've played alot of, I love Falstad and Zul'jin so much. Started playing the Tank girl today but still trying to get used to her. She's a beast when it comes to seige damage, though I need to get better with her against heroes. Been saving up some gold too and just about to hit 18000. Think I'm gonna pick up Li-Ming, Kerrigan and Thrall.

Top Bottom