• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

scoobs

After initially being disappointed last week with my gold gains going down after first 10 or so games when I started playing, I stuck around and really love playing this so far. Like these brawls that they do each week, really changes things up. Out of the heroes I've played alot of, I love Falstad and Zul'jin so much. Started playing the Tank girl today but still trying to get used to her. She's a beast when it comes to seige damage, though I need to get better with her against heroes. Been saving up some gold too and just about to hit 18000. Think I'm gonna pick up Li-Ming, Kerrigan and Thrall.

Its too bad you started playing now... they've given all of those heroes away for free in various events over the last 6 months or so. Those are some fun ones to start with though, good luck :)

For people calling for the Rag nerfs because he's dominating... just saw Trikslyr retweet this. Ragnaros 9-8 W/L. Tychus 1-12!! I don't understand that, he's so good. I guess just the worse teams are picking him?? Will be interesting to see how these stats pan out over an entire season.

Never saw it from a winning perspective but from how he's played in competitive. He's dominating even when ultimately losing. Teams have to throw everything at him to get him down and molten core has too many application. It can be used to turn a fight, to protect a keep and to stall objectives for the full duration. You don't have to go all in on him at draft either, which would make all these stomachable.

Maledict

Muhahahaha, just watched the GFE- Naventic match. Great games, even if the last game went down to the wire. Got to love the intro to the series with Fan saying 'I left because they have one extreme weak link' and then the blizzard pop-up saying Kenma's positioning was vital...

Milly79

I just wish they'd shit talk and stick to it, at least GFE. Udall kind of went in, then backed off on twitter. I don't typically like when players talk shit, but nvt deserves it. I'd love to see them disband tbh.

Alur

Alarak harder to play well, IMO, but more satisfying. Dadnaros might be a bit more fun if you never played him pre-nerf. I haven't enjoyed him quite as much since they made Lava Wave nothing but wave clear.

Kioshen

I'm kinda torn because as much as I want to learn Thrall because he's the defacto melee assassin of the meta, I just can't play him well enough. I'll give Rag an honest try first because there's so much footage running around right now for inspiration. I can't just play ranged assassins if we ever need something to die when I group up.

Alur

Why not? If I don't tank or heal that's all I play. In general I'm not too hot with melee, or the ones I am good with have been obliterated over the years.

EDIT: It is funny how debilitating your average Tassadar is in a QM/UR/HL game and then seeing what he can do in competitive when he's en vogue. My career winrate having a Tassadar on my team on my main account is 49.4% in 158 games. He's one of only 13 heroes I have a negative winrate having in my group. For giggles, Medivh is at 16.7% in 18 games.

brian!

I kinda want to learn medivh after catching those fnatic games w/ him, he's beastly

Tass wr is low because ppl dont know how to position w/ a shielder on your team, like ppl are really used to a teamfight style that consists of running your team into the otger team until a victor emerges

Kioshen

Why not? If I don't tank or heal that's all I play. In general I'm not too hot with melee, or the ones I am good with have been obliterated over the years.

I'm in the same boat really. If Milly or Proto want to play something else than melee assassins I figure I might as well try to help and deepen my hero pool a little bit.

As for Medivh, I was getting hyped too seeing that hero making plays with stitches or just giving so much value in team fights. In pub play though I don't think it'll ever work unless on voice comm. He requires maybe too much coordination out of pub play to ever be viable unless in full on team league.

brian!

Apparently he works great in korean solo q because ppl know to just take the portal, na hasnt really wrapped their heads around this concept i guess

Maledict

I normally never play melee assassins, as I don't like the role, but forced myself to learn Thrall recently. I'm still not very good with him, but my win rate is very high and he is a lot more fun than I thought. I enjoy dominating in a solo lane, and I think that really helps in hero league.

Alur

In my experience (and from all I've heard) the portal doesn't mean much of anything. It's the timing of his shields and whether he can stack the q or not to become useful that ultimately matters the most, and I rarely see the Q get stacked. Most Medivh's waste all their shields and portals on themselves trying to stack it in pleb play, so that's the biggest reason why he doesn't work. There's not much team aspect to it.

brian!

Should be

W/r/t portal this is kinda what i mean (see also fnatic's really excellent portals on saturday(?)): https://clips.twitch.tv/oreo4679/HelpfulChinchillaBrainSlug

Like really low amounts of wasting time, the players know when to use or not. I think it's ok for medivh to shield himself as long as he's playing forward, it's harder to suss out it's value since it's not numeric like tass shield but as long as he's taking hits it's fine

brian!

I think his rework will see a decent amount of involvement too, tho ofc the design is much healthier than current tass

Kioshen

If medivh ever gets out of control, do you think being able to hit the portals like Anub's cocoon could enable some counter play ?

brian!

I think he's already pretty relegated to second wave pick status since there is a long list of counters like alarak, etc, malf, and so on. Thatd be a good fix though if it ever got out of hand, itd be cool to see ppl struggling to get to an escape portal only to have it explode in front of them

Alur

Should be

W/r/t portal this is kinda what i mean (see also fnatic's really excellent portals on saturday(?)): https://clips.twitch.tv/oreo4679/HelpfulChinchillaBrainSlug

Like really low amounts of wasting time, the players know when to use or not. I think it's ok for medivh to shield himself as long as he's playing forward, it's harder to suss out it's value since it's not numeric like tass shield but as long as he's taking hits it's fine

Oh, I get entirely what you mean competitively. But if you're playing QM with a Medivh and he can't stack his Q, he's useless. Doesn't matter WTF he does otherwise thanks to the way that talent was designed and how much you are pigeonholed into taking it to providing enough bang for the buck. That's why he's so hard to play with there. He is forced to be focused on himself for so long.

You'll run into Medivh's who can stack Q while still providing support to the team, but they are few and far between. Not often you see a portal laid out for a teammate instead of the Medivh themselves.

EDIT: In general I think the Master's Touch talent is terrible design. A must pick at level 7 that requires a good bit of effort to stack and oh you can't die. Compared to something like stacking KT's Q it's a joke.

brian!

Oh yeah for sure, was just talking about medivh in korea solo q(let us enter the portal together bretheren) vs. na (the portal...it goes straight to hell). Medivh def has a certain degree of selfishness baked into his kit, it makes sens lorewise too since he basically ruined everything

Alur

Austrian, I believe, but no one from here in the Donald's America would know the difference which is all the proof we need.

Yup, Austrian but we can always pass as bavarian. Cris is pretty funny.

C2uRroVXAAAiGr1.jpg

I'm looking more forward to shelling out $5 for that raider rexxar skin than the lunar bundles tomorrow.

Don't know if I can afford the bundles and RE7 though, my wallet cries with all these releases going on lately.

Alur

The one thing I missed last night as the pre-game profiles/trash talk. Was anything good said beyond Fan's "one weak link" comment?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm looking more forward to shelling out $5 for that raider rexxar skin than the lunar bundles tomorrow.
I'd first make sure you even still like Rexxar after tomorrow.

TIL Lunara's wisp can have a reveal on it. RIP Samuro.

Alur

Today's a big day. Another Hearthstone hero hitting the Nexus.

When are we gonna stop getting all these Hearthstone heroes? C'mon Blizz

Top Bottom