• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

So Dva is garbage, right?

I think she is good on a comp with a good Tank but i'm no pro. She can mitigate some good damages and i think her second ult (Big Shot) is the way to go if you want to use her to her max potential but again i'm scrub league so...

She is fun to play though once you get the hang of her mekkanism :wink: wink:

Won

Did some placement games today in ranked and man, having to play on Haunted Mines while Dragon Shire isn't even in the pool is a disgrace.

I am glad I did the brawl.

.eJwFwUsOgyAQANC7sJeZ4SPgNXoAQpCAjYqB6arp3fveV3zGKTbRmJ-5AezHzH3scnIfqRZZe69nSc8xZe4XJOaU21VunkAOV-UtaedDQOVNAE12JePQakNGk8cArzxKuWfrrJDcgnZRGMlHstEa-X6q-P0BNd0oKA.6XMp9grdeo7UzBGnadJHrWaHxQI

I've kinda wanted him too. I seen a lot of bad leroics but I saw someone dominate with him too.

I'm also on like a never ending stim pack lol

I got the 30 day when the 2.0 came out. Then I got 7 days from that start up loot box. I still have 23 days left and 2.0 came out like a month ago.

Prelude.

So, completing KT's lv1 quest is pretty hard, isn't it? Maybe I'm not D>Q enough. Or maybe I should try on non-weekend games where I die less and see how it goes. I think I got it to 17-18 this last game.

Gotchaye

I like her a lot. I've played her a bunch since she came out and I have a 62% win rate with her at ~3k MMR (if people still trust hotslogs) in QM. Granted, some of that might be due to my not having played QM in over a year, so my rating has decayed and I'm still climbing. But two things make me think that she's actually really good.

First, I feel like she's really good at making plays. She has a lot of weird control that the other team has a very hard time dealing with. She can start a fight with booster, if someone runs away she can boost past them and turn around to knock them back into her team, she can boost in and knock people away to help a friend escape, defense matrix can make it very hard for their damage dealers to hurt her squishy friends, and then she has incredible area denial with self-destruct. I can start fights, I can end fights, I can make the enemy team all run away, and I can negate 75% of probably two heroes' damage in a fight.

Second, I screw up a lot. In a typical game I die at least twice in a way that was totally avoidable, so even though I'm already doing pretty well with her I could be doing a lot better. And with D.Va, screwing up really, really hurts. With other heroes if you mistime something you'll take some extra damage or miss out on some damage, and sure maybe you'll die or miss a kill, but typically the outcome of the fight doesn't end up being that different. With D.Va, the difference is very often your team wiping theirs and taking few or no losses versus the opposite -- it feels like Zeratul with Void Prison. If you can tank some damage, activate self-destruct in a good location, and live for four seconds, your team is winning the fight. You'll be back in your mech with full HP ready to bully a scattered enemy team. If you don't activate self-destruct in time, the enemy team has no reason to run and you don't get your mech back in four seconds anyway, so they pop you and then turn on your team.

I also really like how different her two modes are, and there's a lot of strategy in when you let the mech die or use self-destruct, and then when to reactivate the mech. D.Va in the mech is fine for clearing minions but has awful single-target damage. D.Va on foot has good damage which turns incredible at level 16, when she can tear down a keep very quickly. Likewise for enemy heroes -- you can get a few kills from assassins popping the mech and then you just stand and shoot them instead of running. With the right level 16 and 20 talents you will often want to let the mech die so that you can come out and take some shots on foot before calling a new mech down on an enemy's head. She can have some sweet Li-Ming type moments where she's up against several enemies and ends up killing a few of them and getting away because of the way kills on foot can refresh the mech.

I am so happy about getting leroic randomly. I am finding him to be very fun, and actually the first tank I enjoy playing.

I really should buy more assassins though. I only have 3 and I like them all (tracer, valla, and lunara). I bought a non-assassin package cause I knew if I didn't get a lot of non-assassns I'd have a hard time playing anything other than assassin cause that is what I enjoy the most so far. I actually have all the supports right now and it's my least played lol. Uther is fun though. Haven't tried much else other than tyrande and lucio.

started playing medivh. good stuff. didn't know he had a projectile damage when his shield talent absorbs damages. couldn't do shit on enternity bg. we didn't do objective rip.

i don't like that blizz changed up the collection. can't tell what's common, rare unless you check the shard prices.

Milly79

Yup. Was a pretty passive Valeera, too.

I'm pretty sure that was just their warmup TL game, cause I remember them talking about how they do that in QM.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
played 1 game as Leoric, he is sooooo slow. Im starting to realise that the only reason I like the warriors that I do (D.Va, Artanis, Muradin) is because of the mobility, as I dont like Arthas, Diablo and now Leoric. Rexxar is the exception I guess, but he has Misha so he can kinda be in the back, hes not really a melee per se.

played 1 game as Leoric, he is sooooo slow. Im starting to realise that the only reason I like the warriors that I do (D.Va, Artanis, Muradin) is because of the mobility, as I dont like Arthas, Diablo and now Leoric. Rexxar is the exception I guess, but he has Misha so he can kinda be in the back, hes not really a melee per se.

His movement ability helps a ton. As long as you have enough hp you can get away from any fight. And you can chase down then snare targets as well.

I'm really fond of mobile heroes too. I actually didn't like muradin since his movement felt a bit too risky to initiate sometimes.

Leoric have some insane wave clear and eats a lot of damage, die and revive faster to be annoying again.

Eh, for me MEKA is a pure tank class, be in the frontline protecting your allies and stunt enemies with your Q, W to "fuck your enemy damage" and her E to make than ran away.

DVa is wierd to have an insane DPS with that low health you would probably like to stay in pilot mode to mess with the big guys and use E to call your MEKA and ran away.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
His movement ability helps a ton. As long as you have enough hp you can get away from any fight. And you can chase down then snare targets as well.

I'm really fond of mobile heroes too. I actually didn't like muradin since his movement felt a bit too risky to initiate sometimes.

Dat dwarf toss to escape tho. And then just chill and get all your life back.

That being said just had a nice Diablo game. Ibwas a bit more careful not to die all the time and there are nice survivability talents that go with the souls (the lvl 1 talent in particular).

Also I tried to manage my skills more, you dont always (or most if the time?) have to engage with the charge, you can just keep it. Dunno, I guess it helps it was a nice win so I didnt feel helpless.

Definitely curious to try more now.

Rizzi

I don't think D.Va should be able to get a free mech even if she doesn't kill anyone with her self destruct. You shouldn't be rewarded for missing.

Rhaknar

I don't think D.Va should be able to get a free mech even if she doesn't kill anyone with her self destruct. You shouldn't be rewarded for missing.

Youre not missing, you're zoning. And the thing already takes ages to charge as it is.

Rhaknar

Maybe the new mech shouldn't be full health, and thats a big maybe.

(Ive used it as a emergency top myself back up quite a few times)

scoobs

The entire gameplay loop of the hero is to build your mech and destroy it so you can get back in. Its so easy to get out of the explosion that having it hinge on kills is silly, you'll never get your mech back.

Raynor is my new love. He is pretty simple. In fact, I am certain I would get hit by less AOE if he was more complex. But he is still pretty fun to use and calling down hyperion in a situation where your oppponents cannot back out easily is one of the best things about him. And I just had a game where the opponent team ignored me at top lane and I took out their keep giving us a 2 level lead which easily snowballed us (I hyperioned them from the backside lul).

I am thinking about getting tychus next, mostly because I got a legend skin for him.

Rizzi

Raynor is my new love. He is pretty simple. In fact, I am certain I would get hit by less AOE if he was more complex. But he is still pretty fun to use and calling down hyperion in a situation where your oppponents cannot back out easily is one of the best things about him. And I just had a game where the opponent team ignored me at top lane and I took out their keep giving us a 2 level lead which easily snowballed us (I hyperioned them from the backside lul).

I am thinking about getting tychus next, mostly because I got a legend skin for him.

Tychus is fun. You can absolutely melt people with large health pools.

Keasar

Anyone in the EU area who would like to team up for a couple of games? Would really like to try and complete the last Nexus challenge before it's gone tomorrow.

Prelude.

How does the "players near you" function work exactly? It says it's for players in the same "network", but it can't be that since sometimes I see some people listed there and I also just got an invite from someone else.

Man, either I've suddenly gotten *way* older over the last few weeks, or exhaustion due to my new baby is affecting my eyesight, but the incidence rate of me losing the damned cursor in team fights when playing a melee hero has gone way, way up. I never lose myself, but i'm having more and more "where the hell did my cursor go?" moments of confusion when everything is going nuts.

I guess I need some custom AARP cursor now. Nah... i'll blame the baby. That's gotta be it.

Top Bottom