• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

Fan was so close to wiping the entire team several times. Just kept getting beat by a split second with Ancestral or something else every time. Also RIP some of Udall's horrify's.

Kioshen

Tychus whyyyyy. This is intense holy cow. Also Alur I'm not sure why you say this because tempo did nothing during the western clash. Only Team 8 did something on the score board.

Regarding the cheese, I don't find medivh cheesy compared to what GFE did on cursed hollow.

Alur

Tychus whyyyyy. This is intense holy cow. Also Alur I'm not sure why you say this because tempo did nothing during the western clash. Only Team 8 did something on the score board.

Regarding the cheese, I don't find medivh cheesy compared to what GFE did on cursed hollow.

You're in the minority on that, then, I would guess. Medivh is probably the cheesiest hero in the game and Glaurung OTP's him like he used to Zeratul.

Team8 didn't do much more at Western Clash, to be honest. They were better, but it's not like any of the 3 are really going to do anything to anyone most likely.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I tried a little Medivh during the brawl and I think I'll really like him.

Kioshen

I think fnatic and dig didn't stand still either and got even better than the last clash so it's going to be uphill but I think we are going to get the best showing na has done in a while since c9 if TS and T8 goes to the brawl.

Edit: the camera man was so horrified by that failed gank he censored the cassia reverse gank lol.

kirblar

Why does GFE keep letting them have Medivh/Diablo?
Cause there are other heroes who are more annoying. We really need 2 bans. Anub is basically autobanned at this point. (and this "always the same first ban" issue has been a problem w/ only one upfront ban ever since they were implemented.)

Alur

I dunno, man. I fail to see how anything they could get their hands on would be more fearsome than Glaurung and Justing's personal pocket picks. Anything else they are less comfortable with, and outside of Anub and Malf nothing is grossly OP right now to my knowledge.

EDIT: likely GG for Team8. Can we get them a sponsor already?

Alur

No one in particular I think. They brought Equinox on for that partly, but I think they do the old C9 thing by committee.

scoobs

Glaurung's shot calling is so amazing. Really stunning this team that started out as kind of a joke is going to their 2nd international tourney.

Alur

Dyrus needs to get Glaurung on the horn with Regi and hook em up with the TSM sponsorship since he was so impressed with Glau and co.

Alur

Yep, I think the strong shotcaller is a necessary component of consistency. And even more so international success.

Fancolors

I don't even know if TSM would be interested, they don't even have a Dota 2 team. Part of it might be the constant roster swaps tho

Strangely enough they have a Vain Glory one, so eh.

scoobs

For whatever reason NA orgs are ignoring the game (probably the lack of money in it for them), while the big EU ones have been embracing it since the beginning. You'd hope to see cloud9 and TSM get into the scene, but it just isn't happening... feelsbadman

Alur

I don't even know if TSM would be interested, they don't even have a Dota 2 team. Part of it might be the constant roster swaps tho

Strangely enough they have a Vain Glory one, so eh.

Not sure if you followed it back then, but at the beginning of the 2016 season Bob Ross Fan Club nearly signed with TSM. They chose Naventic instead (was a better deal offered according to Zuna), and we haven't really heard much about any TSM/HOTS links since.

And VainGlory pro scene is pretty fun to watch. I was rooting for Gankstars in this last event they had this weekend.

That makes a lot of sense. Maybe that's why they took him in for a show match in HGC.

I wish. Would be all over that. Bob Ross Fan Club was the perfect heel team in it's original composition and great for TSM, but Glaurung is the perfect TSM player himself. Cocky and skilled but also sometimes a little overconfident and gets humbled...basically describes every time TSM leaves the NA LCS for an international event.

For whatever reason NA orgs are ignoring the game (probably the lack of money in it for them), while the big EU ones have been embracing it since the beginning. You'd hope to see cloud9 and TSM get into the scene, but it just isn't happening... feelsbadman

C9 claimed they weren't abandoning it forever, but yeah, who knows. It has to have more money in it than VainGlory and I think several of them are in that scene.

Yep, I think the strong shotcaller is a necessary component of consistency. And even more so international success.
dignitas is a strong showcase of this all their troubles throughout the years can be directly linked to having issues with or switching shotcallers. I don't think Wubby shotcalls for Fnatic but he did take over most of the drafting for them and adrd carries his teams. Cattlepillar is tempo's IIRC.
hasn't there also been going on some fallout with Overwatch sponsors? Just saw on my feed that OverwatchDignitas dropped their roster.

FoxSpirit

Bought Guldan. 10k money, crazy. He's fun. Next will be Li for poke. Or maybe Greymane? Or Zeratul?

Chromie is nice but you need some luck, even with good prediction.

Zackat

dignitas is a strong showcase of this all their troubles throughout the years can be directly linked to having issues with or switching shotcallers. I don't think Wubby shotcalls for Fnatic but he did take over most of the drafting for them and adrd carries his teams. Cattlepillar is tempo's IIRC.

hasn't there also been going on some fallout with Overwatch sponsors? Just saw on my feed that Overwatch dropped their roster.

there's about 20 million reasons for Overwatch fallout.

They seemingly nuked that games esport potential before it even got a chance.

Milly79

How is this even possible?

ERo5mpt.jpg

scoobs

Blizz wants their OW League to follow traditional sports model, ie. teams are affiliated with a certain city or state and owned by billionaires lol. So it really doesn't make much sense for traditional eSports orgs to get involved.

Ketch

Blizz wants their OW League to follow traditional sports model, ie. teams are affiliated with a certain city or state and owned by billionaires lol. So it really doesn't make much sense for traditional eSports orgs to get involved.

Sounds like a great way to start

Fancolors

That is fairly standard for starting a new business though. You don't expect returns for at least 2 years. It's not like blizzard will be collecting either, money made in the league will be used financed back into the league.

It would be fine, but that coupled with the uncertainty of the league's success is turning off mid to large orgs.

Although it seems like Blizzard sees it as a long term investment, so maybe it will work out in the end. Shame the esports side of it isn't bigger.

scoobs

d.va is suuuuper fun

Usually I think heroes are fun because they're overtuned and I'm just dominating with them, but D.Va is different. I don't think she's even a little bit OP, but I legitimately think she's the most fun to play hero they've released yet, and that is saying something because they've released so many fun heroes.

I actually enjoy losing games with her. The gameplay loop is so entertaining that I don't even care if we win or lose... its crazy.

Ketch

Usually I think heroes are fun because they're overtuned and I'm just dominating with them, but D.Va is different. I don't think she's even a little bit OP, but I legitimately think she's the most fun to play hero they've released yet, and that is saying something because they've released so many fun heroes.

I actually enjoy losing games with her. The gameplay loop is so entertaining that I don't even care if we win or lose... its crazy.

I think it's because she does so many things and you're never dead. Feels a lot like rexxar or old Vikings in that there's always something to do and feels like there's tons of room to get better.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
How is this even possible?
Probably a calculation bug. Did you report it?

Edit: Wait, did you do stuff that makes teammates do extra damage? Maybe it counted all of the bonus damage to you. Though that still doesn't explain the 140%...

It would be fine, but that coupled with the uncertainty of the league's success is turning off mid to large orgs.

Although it seems like Blizzard sees it as a long term investment, so maybe it will work out in the end. Shame the esports side of it isn't bigger.

Of course a new business has uncertainty, they always do.

Lazahman

Neo Member
Can you get demoted out of a league tier? Got placed into Gold 5, can I get booted into Silver?

Nothing on the Blizzard website says anything about it.

scoobs

Can you get demoted out of a league tier? Got placed into Gold 5, can I get booted into Silver?

Nothing on the Blizzard website says anything about it.

Ya, if you lose enough that bar will slowly empty and you'll get put in a demotion match. If you lose you fall into silver 1. Obviously if you win you stay in your current league.

Nugg

Hey everyone, quick question as I'm new to ranked (mostly been playing quick match until now).

I picked D.Va (I was the 2nd in my team to pick, first one was Li Ming, map was the Egyptian temples one can't remember the name), and instantly the whole team started saying stuff like "dva lol we lost" "fucking dva, I'm throwing this one". Did I break some kind of untold rule or did something wrong? Is D.Va considered bad?

we won

Top Bottom