• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Milly79

Man, either I've suddenly gotten *way* older over the last few weeks, or exhaustion due to my new baby is affecting my eyesight, but the incidence rate of me losing the damned cursor in team fights when playing a melee hero has gone way, way up. I never lose myself, but i'm having more and more "where the hell did my cursor go?" moments of confusion when everything is going nuts.

I guess I need some custom AARP cursor now. Nah... i'll blame the baby. That's gotta be it.

Good luck, it doesn't get any better. :p

Does anyone else sometimes left-click the minimap accidentally during a hectic fight and screw themselves because you just moved the camera to the other side of the map? Is there anything I can do about this without turning the feature off altogether? Maybe put it on a different keybind or something?

DTC

D'va feels poorly designed to me. Her Mech form is pretty non impactful. Defense Matrix is pretty meh and awkward to use unless you can apply it on something like a Kael'Thas unloading his burst. Selfdestruct gives you a second health bar which is crazy, but other than that is just an area denial skill.

Meanwhile her pilot form is this crazy strong DPS'er which just doesn't make sense to me. It feels like you almost want to be in pilot form as much as you can, and just go to mech when you want more HP. Very different from what she is like in OW, and makes it awkward to classify her as a bruiser.

I know some people enjoy D'va and she can be fun to play, but I really don't like how she was implemented in HOTS.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
D'va feels poorly designed to me. Her Mech form is pretty non impactful. Defense Matrix is pretty meh and awkward to use unless you can apply it on something like a Kael'Thas unloading his burst. Selfdestruct gives you a second health bar which is crazy, but other than that is just an area denial skill.

Meanwhile her pilot form is this crazy strong DPS'er which just doesn't make sense to me. It feels like you almost want to be in pilot form as much as you can, and just go to mech when you want more HP. Very different from what she is like in OW, and makes it awkward to classify her as a bruiser.

I know some people enjoy D'va and she can be fun to play, but I really don't like how she was implemented in HOTS.

"just " a area denial skill heh. Her mech is huge for body blocks and the dash does stupid damage and pushes people around. Shes a warrior not a assassin.

DTC

Area denial really isn't enough when it's on a super high cooldown. Ofc, it also gives the second health bar which is huge. I would rather they make it not give a second HP bar but made the selfdestruct better to compensate.

Also you say she's a warrior, but she doesn't really have the CC to back it up like other tanks do. Instead, they gave her one of the highest DPS in the game in pilot mode for some reason.

DTC

She ain't much of a bruiser either, though, cuz of her low damage in mech form and lack of tankiness in pilot form. Not seeing too many situations where she would be a good pick in a draft b/c of how low impact she is in comparison to most other heroes. Either way, my point is that she feels really poorly designed in comparison to other heroes, even though she's fun to play. Rn all she's just mostly a very big annoyance between all her health bars rather than actually having a high impact on the game. Really feel like Blizzard missed the mark with this hero.

Def doesn't have more CC than a hero that has a slow + Tomb, but Artanis I'll give you. Those dish out a lot more damage in their tanky forms though.

Shes gonna be insane on BoE in competitive. Pop down a self destruct on the enemy immortal, making defense nigh impossible, all the while using the higher dps output to take it down.
There's also endless options for wombos and clever usage made of her self destruct. I'm struggling to think where you'd want her for defense matrix, probably against someone like Cassia who does see a ton of play right now.

She has an aoe knockback and an aoe slow. She's at least equal to Leo but what pushes her over the edge is that she can actually interrupt channeled abilities, which Leoric is entirely incapable of.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not gonna lie, I expected the worst when I first saw this matchmaking :3

T7VPHb5.png

edit: ooh 3 day stimpack, just in time to keep over 2 months worth.

Alur

We had a few like that last night where the matchmaking was awful but we won anyway against all odds. Maybe a sign the bad luck is ending!

lol, dig clumped up to use sanct but that ended up with Tyrael interrupted and all of them murdered because they clumped up under the core. To be fair it'd have been game if the sanct went off.

inter

Is the Nexus Challenge available through tomorrow or does it end tomorrow morning? I didn't complete last week's quest so just curious how much time I have left.

Rhaknar

im so mad right now. Me and Prelude played a 4v5 infernal shrine because our Artanis was, what can I assume, some sort of script bot? Do those exist in mobas?

All he did was run to walls and hit the towers, and die. Thats all he did, the whole game.

And we STILL kept it close till the end, like if it was a disconnect bot, we would have won the game. So alty. I reported him but im sure it doesnt matter.

Alavard

Is the Nexus Challenge available through tomorrow or does it end tomorrow morning? I didn't complete last week's quest so just curious how much time I have left.

I would estimate it ends around 1 PM EST, but it could be an hour or two earlier.

Edit - wait, I thought tomorrow was Tuesday for a brief moment. It should be available all day tomorrow and end on Tuesday sometime around 1 PM EST that day.

Two questions:

A) Ragnaros Ult: I usually take Sulfuras Smash over Lava Wave, but I don't think I have ever seen another Rag take it in both TL or QM. Is there something I'm missing? I personally think Smash pays off more, but maybe I'm wrong.

B) Tyrael: I know he's not first pick material or anything, but I wanted to level him a bit and I don't really get it. I feel like I can't kill people or CC all that well, and I can die pretty easily to boot. Any tips or strategies that may be helpful?

scoobs

Two questions:

A) Ragnaros Ult: I usually take Sulfuras Smash over Lava Wave, but I don't think I have ever seen another Rag take it in both TL or QM. Is there something I'm missing? I personally think Smash pays off more, but maybe I'm wrong.

B) Tyrael: I know he's not first pick material or anything, but I wanted to level him a bit and I don't really get it. I feel like I can't kill people or CC all that well, and I can die pretty easily to boot. Any tips or strategies that may be helpful?
Smash is far and away the more popular ult, particularly in ranked.

Kioshen

I think it was mid fort instead of camps. I'm not sure but that core call was ballsy wow. Glad it worked for them. Go team 8!

What a throw by GFE fucking around with that camp instead of getting that punisher.

my guess is they were thinking they could get that and then push with it? I mean they had to know team 8 was there cuz the numbers would be going up and cassia triggered the time trap

Any thoughts on which announcers are the best? I just want to buy one and stick with it. I have ~450...shards? I'm not sure what to spend them on, but I've only been playing a month so I feel like I'll get plenty over time.

prob to avoid toxicity and mic abuse.

tho they seem to be trying to implement it since there was a "push to talk" key on the ptr, no eta when it goes up, however
How long ago was that?

Because SC2 didn't have it. It's been something they've been working on forever.
I always find it weird when companies don't share technology between titles. It outright pisses me off in fighting games!

Fancolors

Push to talk hotkey appeared when 2.0 went live

BW and Murky are the best announcers, but both cost 1600. Second would be Li Li and she's 400

Alur

I think it was mid fort instead of camps. I'm not sure but that core call was ballsy wow. Glad it worked for them. Go team 8!

Nah they had time to go Punisher after the mid fort. They then all went to clear top lane - including whichever one was actually clearing the punisher minions before that (Fan maybe?) - and get that camp, and even when they saw the numbers going up aka and Fan were still there just clearing it. Just bad decision making.

Why doesn't this game have push-to-talk comms built into it? >:-(

Toxicity partly but like they said, it's something they've said they are interested in implementing. Not sure how useful it's gonna be with randoms in this game. No one is still gonna want to listen to anyone. And if you're with friends you can just use the Blizzard VOIP from the b.net client.

Kioshen

That cheese was disgusting. I'm bummed it worked but t8 didn't have the heroes to deal with it. Wonder why they always gave the objective instead when the four man barely moved. It's not like Vikings could push really hard.

Alur

I'd prefer Team8 to win but I like Khroen and Udall and Fan. Would hate for Fan to miss another international event, but realistically neither team is gonna do shit when they get there.

EDIT: Also, is it fair for people to complain about GFE cheese as much as T8 uses Medivh and stuff like that? Six of one, half a dozen of another to me. Just GFE stacked all theirs into one game instead of across every game.

EDITx2: Having the pick/ban/winrate stats on these drafts makes this way more professional.

Does anyone else sometimes left-click the minimap accidentally during a hectic fight and screw themselves because you just moved the camera to the other side of the map? Is there anything I can do about this without turning the feature off altogether? Maybe put it on a different keybind or something?

If you hit space it centers back to your character.

Rhaknar

God I love Tracer. I really need to improve my E tho, it feels like I always press it half a second too late :/

Alur

Dunno about Genji for that last pick. Sounds like a wasted pick, almost like he's put into a QM comp randomly but maybe I'm wrong.

Top Bottom