• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Fancolors

Just had a quick match on Braxis and, jesus, I didn't know things could end so fast. I only took 5 minutes for us to beat the other team with a single zerg wave

I feel like I hit a milestone.

Screenshot2017-05-24_21_41_38.jpg

Alur

After the game if you stay on the score screen and type /whisper and begin typing their name it'll pop up as an option in the chat window for you to click. So long as they don't have their whispers set to friends only it will work.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that moment you buy a fancy new skin and then proceed to go on a losing streak with your new skin... feels bad man, for real :(

Nova 10, time for Falstad maybe?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just had a 44-4 win on infernal shrines

zruLUa0.gif

kinda needed a win like that to cap off a shitty night tbh. Played 2 games with Falstad and he seems fun, deffinately interested in playing more.

Fan confirmed that the plan currently is for udall to move to melee and fan to ranged. He cited shotcalling being easier on melee so it's possible plan is for Udall to be the shotcaller going forward.

Edit: just confirmed Udall going to main shotcall.

scoobs

So.. Do we have a date on when Varian is going to stop being considered an assassin for quick match purposes? 'cause that is getting old.

Two in a row like this. Yaaaaay.
Damn that's pretty lame. They got three warriors and you got 0 lol.

Maledict

Rosterpocalypse 3, electric boogaloo!

Wonder if we'll see the same EU side. I doubt Team Liquid will change, but we may see some shifts elsewhere. There's a *lot* of former big name players still around playing and competing in the amateur leagues. Does Aethero even have a team right now?

Athero is near confirmed to replace Blade on Team Expert.
I'd not expect a big shuffle until after the crucible as there's considerable talent among them.

I'm not sure what Liquid needs. Bakery said they stagnated but imo they dropped the ball. He's right that whether they change their rosters or try to improve together they have it in them to be number 1 in phase 2.
If there were roster changes I'd look to pickup a German support player solely because switching their team communication to German could be a considerable improvement for them.

scoobs

Quickmatch at 5AM, not recommended. Legitimately some of the worst players I've ever seen. I murdered their entire team all game and my team decided to follow that up with sitting in lanes and not doing the objectives and dying over and over until we lost. The enemy team was just free pushing our keep mid (not even with spiders, just auto attacking our shit) and my team was just laning by themselves, ignoring it. Wonderful stuff, would play again.

Also, new Alarak is insaaaaaaaaaaaane

Mupod

Played some Murky since he's free, Bribe on Hanamura is all kinds of stupid. I get how to use the character now but I don't think he's particularly fun.

Got a few more Abathur games in and some of the advice I got here really helped. Instead of just helping out with teamfights I took a more global approach and constantly moved the symbiote around to clear waves and soak XP. I used the monstrosity instead of the clone and it seems really strong, I like that I can have it push a lane for a bit while I help my team then go back to him and take control once it's built up some stacks.

I did also learn that if they have a Tyrande you need to watch out as that owl can easily kill you from across the map. I was very confused when that happened, still won and got MVP though.

Mupod

Kaeyoh did a video on monstrosity but it's a pretty bad heroic in general.

I'll watch it later, I've only used it once and have always picked the clone instead because it just seemed obviously better. But quick match seems to treat Abathur like a support and as the only 'healer', half the time I feel like I want to take the healing/shielding talents for symbiote. Which means that as soon as I stop babysitting my teammates they get themselves killed - and when you're controlling the clone, you can't be moving the symbiote around.

But yeah I outhealed the other team's support last time I was 'support Abathur'. I'll probably play him a bit more - I've been working on getting everyone to 5, and there's a short list of heroes I want to take to 10. I was surprised at how much fun I had on Abathur and Rexxar in particular.

brian!

Thh was pretty good id watch all the time if it was always like this
Jake also did a good job of letting other ppl talk and minimizing awkward interjections, that's a big improvement to me

Ketch

Ugh. A good Abathur is few and far between and he's been popping up a lot more recently. I've also noticed a ton more streamers taking Aba + Mont lately and guess what people in pleb land are doing? Taking mont.

Hat build is the build now and you can put hat on monstrosity and a hat'd monstrosity can solo arthas.

But clone is still way better cus you gotta win fights.

brian!

I think you can make an argument for monstrosity if you are going hat build but yeah personally the team would have to be really bereft of clone targets for me to consider it

Speaking of outhealing supports I did like 40k healing with tyrande last night, felt good.

I hate her Q though, with the cdr it's up constantly but the requirement of attacking, while point and click healing, while running around is tiresome to say the least. You almost have to count cds like Illidan in your head. Also don't forget to predict the opponents and set up kills with E and D and stacking Ws.

brian!

Yeah im trying to get good with her but i suck, shes really fun atm though with all these skills giving you quest dings. Is it just me or is the d indicator smaller/harder to see now? Im the one casting it and i still find it hard to see haha

Her E quest is so rewarding. The sentinels on the other hand scale weirdly, the first 8 you have to throw out w/o caring for the target as long as you hit someone and then you can actually try to target someone with them.

Milly79

That's what I'm saying. Mont is like a win-more heroic, and in my experiences we're hardly ever ahead at the time since Aba's pre-10 is pretty booty buttcheeks and you're counting on that clone.

But nah, let me split push.

Mont can do some ridic damage if people are dumb enough to stand in it (See: Ketch), but it takes too long to move around and you'd have to take the 20 upgrade to get it into TFs all the time.

Ketch

Yeah im trying to get good with her but i suck, shes really fun atm though with all these skills giving you quest dings. Is it just me or is the d indicator smaller/harder to see now? Im the one casting it and i still find it hard to see haha

Yea. It doesn't pop up with the big broken shield anymore like it used to.

brian!

Her E quest is so rewarding. The sentinels on the other hand scale weirdly, the first 10 you have to throw out w/o caring for the target as long as you hit someone and then you can actually try to target someone with them.

It applies her lvl 13 w/ all pierced targets right? That def would require somme balancing if so

In general i feel like this rework is packed w/ good ideas, like the battle momentum for q at lvl 4 is such a great talent for a ranged healer.

It applies her lvl 13 w/ all pierced targets right? That def would require somme balancing if so

it's part of her basic ability so even if it ignored other possible talents it should. It's why Harsh Moonlight is the highest picked ir highest winrate talent at that lvl.
Yea. It doesn't pop up with the big broken shield anymore like it used to.
It's the purple small shield next to the hp bar now right?

brian!

it's part of her basic ability so even if it ignored other possible talents it should. It's why Harsh Moonlight is the highest picked ir highest winrate talent at that lvl.

It's the purple small shield next to the hp bar now right?

Yeh i just didnt know if it only applied to the first target hit, man that is insanely strong. It lasts 4 fucking seconds lmao

Alur

Goku got an offer from another HGC team and that's why he left apparently? I guess he's okay but I never really thought much of him, even going back to Srey's version of Tempo Storm.

Yeh i just didnt know if it only applied to the first target hit, man that is insanely strong. It lasts 4 fucking seconds lmao
and that effect should stack with her nexus blade damage reduction.
Goku got an offer from another HGC team and that's why he left apparently? I guess he's okay but I never really thought much of him, even going back to Srey's version of Tempo Storm.
I can't trust these reddit rumours at all, they just manifest out of thin air and take on a life of their own.

Did Zoia appear like K1 and Caff were moving on from BStep?

Kioshen

That's what I'm saying. Mont is like a win-more heroic, and in my experiences we're hardly ever ahead at the time since Aba's pre-10 is pretty booty buttcheeks and you're counting on that clone.

But nah, let me split push.

Mont can do some ridic damage if people are dumb enough to stand in it (See: Ketch), but it takes too long to move around and you'd have to take the 20 upgrade to get it into TFs all the time.

Wonder why you're so triggered by Abathur. Even yesterday you were throwing a hissy fit.

He said hed neither confirm or deny but that bstep was open to offers. K1/caff going to gfe feels like a sure thing

feels like a sure thing to end in a disaster.

brian!

There just isn't a good pool to draw from and caff is probably gonna be one of the most sought after players in the region, itd be a coup for gfe

brian!

Package deal w/ caff, large pool and better player than khroen, and importantly lan and travel experience

The big thing is how seriously they take it, like yeah i dont really believe khroen was "not putting as much effort" or whatever but i sure as hell dont think caff/k1 will lol

Top Bottom