• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Ketch

Yeh i just didnt know if it only applied to the first target hit, man that is insanely strong. It lasts 4 fucking seconds lmao

Is that the shrink ray effect? I like that talent for the slow

Idk about owl as damage tool though. The CD is too long and it's better for vision.

And it doesn't get wider anymore so it's way easier to miss long range

I disagree but im not entirely clear why gfe wanted to get rid of him either
because FAN is going to be on li Ming and Valla and those are the only kind of heroes Khroen is great at.
They'd never be able to keep Khroen on his ideal role with their setup going forward.

Issue is K1pro shares the same pool.

Alur

And k1 is known for what, three? iDream is the player on that team and its various versions who has shown the real ability to swap around.

Edit: I mean, excluding the Kerrigan/Zera melee dudes like OG Mc and Glau, k1 is the original OTP in HOTS especially in this region. The only real difference between then and now is that his comfort heroes aren't as strong as they were and the roster has just gotten too big to be so one note.

brian!

because FAN is going to be on li Ming and Valla and those are the only kind of heroes Khroen is great at.
They'd never be able to keep Khroen on his ideal role with their setup going forward.

Issue is K1pro shares the same pool.

Right but the question is why replace him with a player who youd consider a downgrade and the only answers to that are eithet caff is that valuable, there's something we don't know about khroen behind the scenes, or k1 is an upgrade

K1 as a one trick is weird considering hes played a buttload of heroes this season and role swapped too

the role he swapped to would be handled by Udall though and it's not like BStep was particularly successful.

Khroen played a boatload of heroes as well but most 9f thise unsuccessfully he's just better as a 1 trick.

Alur

Right but the question is why replace him with a player who youd consider a downgrade and the only answers to that are eithet caff is that valuable, there's something we don't know about khroen behind the scenes, or k1 is an upgrade

K1 as a one trick is weird considering hes played a buttload of heroes this season and role swapped too

That's his shtick, though. Have they been winning when he's swapping around? Is he making an impact like some others? I mean his team was middling at best and nearly everyone but Caff on that team played a lot of different heroes a time or two like they were just throwing shit at the wall hoping it would stick. McIntyre has legit played a bit of everything for them in the same way he did with NVT. I don't really count that as him showing he's anything other than what he's always shown til he has some success.

re: the other part of your post, that's an optimistic way to look at it for sure. Or it could just be they are wrong and making a bad decision about their roster, which they've done about 4 times in a row with now starting with Fury's exodus. That seems as likely as anything given that the return of caff/k1/iDream to the pro scene has been lackluster at best. They just haven't appeared to be able to adjust and the "no real shotcaller" style is proven inconsistent at best and bad in general as team's skill levels improve overall.

brian!

I mean i might be way off the mark here but to me bstep's main problems were communication and synergy, i dont really think the players on the team are bad, maybe mc is weak at where they put him?

Alur

But if communication is the issue, why would you want their tank player who is likely the main communicator and whom we know for sure has had preferred a team environment very similar to the one bstep currently has?

srsly though, outside of past pedigree as a champion, what makes you think Caff and k1 still have it at all at a top 2/3 level? I mean you can say they performed well in their roles or whatever, but they ultimately have underperformed for a year solid now as a team. I'm not even saying they are bad players, I just don't think they are able to suss out meta changes and adapt to them as quickly as other teams. Part of that might not be on them, but part of it is because both of those players really like to play specific heroes.

brian!

Thats the issue to me is the ego thing, k1/caff prob regard themselves highly along with fan, but akaface/mike have been on the better team for a while + mike has been announced as primary shotcaller. If k1/caff can dial it back and mainly feed info and call initiations with mike calling macro i think it could work out well.

Fan confirmed they are moving Udall to melee so he can better shotcall. He also mentioned he's stepping away from it as he feels it hindered his micro.
Fan + Udall cover every hero K1 played this season. While idream would compliment all the ones they lacked, that's what confuses me about this supposed move.

Unrelated but prismaticism has to be recognized as the most improved player in HGC. He was supposed to be a liability going into phase 1 and he grew into a leg8t playmaker.

Alur

Yeah I mean, if I could get Caff without his support group I would do so. Hell, if I were another team I might take k1 or iDream separately as well. I think those players together are just mired in a malaise and they all need to separate and get out of their comfort zones because the package deal just hasn't really worked in a while.

brian!

Fan confirmed they are moving Udall to melee so he can better shotcall. He also mentioned he's stepping away from it as he feels it hindered his micro.
Fan + Udall cover every hero K1 played this season. While idream would compliment all the ones they lacked, that's what confuses me about this supposed move.

Unrelated but prismaticism has to be recognized as the most improved player in HGC. He was supposed to be a liability going into phase 1 and he grew into a leg8t playmaker.

To me that accolade has to go to glau

But in regards to pool with k1/khroen id also kind of think it out:

Tyrande - k1
Li ming - both are the same to me
Tracer - prob khroen
Jaina - k1
Thrall - k1
Falstad - k1
Muradun - dunno, but i dont think khroen is good at melee or tanking
Kael - k1
Greymane - k1
Zarya - k1
Tass - k1
Tychus - dunno but fan is gonna play him anyway
Valla - khroen is not good on this hero without a protect valla comp
Zagara - i can only remember khroen playing this once but i dont remember how it turned out
Medivh - k1

Kioshen

I can admit he has improved but the problem is that his limited hero pool is starting to show. GFE easily disrupted T8 by targeting Prismat but then they left Justing on Diablo and Glau on Medivh.

Hard for me to argue against glau but he improved as a person more than player. As a player he went laterally by abandoning comfort picks.

K1 played medivh twice and went 50:50. In general most of that list is comprised by experiments more than regularities.
Nor does the comparison to Khroen particularly matter.

brian!

Yeah but that's the definition of fielding a large pool. By removing khroen and picking up k1 gfe gets a true flex with extensive comp. experience, that's a boon for gfe

I really cant think of a better pickup, bkid has bad blood with gfe, erho prob has bad blood with fan, the good tanks are prob staying in place, and they want to fill the holes that fan/udall are going to have commiting strictly to dps

For glau, he has tightened his game and is pretty much running his own team with relative success, compared to the previous multiple failed attempts i feel like this attempt really shows his growth

Alur

I would struggle to call Glau the most improved player. I mean, in some ways he just shifted from one set of comfort picks to another. His improvement came behind the scenes with his attitude (apparently), and his shotcalling appears to have came a long way from back in those early Tempo Storm days before Dread re-seized the reigns.

EDIT: Worth noting Glau is now 20 and not 17 like when he started out. That's a big difference in life experience. Assuming he can keep up his mechanics (and the scene doesn't just crap out) he'll mature a lot more over the next few years as well. He's still got a lot of growing he can do to improve in a variety of ways which is exciting.

brian!

Yeah to me that's one of the hardest things to do and apparently he's pulling it off for now. T8 still needs to feel the pain of losing more than winning before they're tested tho

One of the best moments on thh last night was them realizing that blizz has no contingency plan if several teams disband, dissolution of na heroes could be real lol. And apparently if you make your way into hgc by playing through the open you are not a valid candidate for trade, meaning shifting of the old guard is pretty much a given. The status of na right now is that trades first and foremost have to consider whether the players can stomach each other. Love rosterpocalypse

Ketch

I don't think king caff and k1 will ever separate. The good news is that they're both really good. K1 is just as good as pretty much anybody in the scene. Those two just need to actually want to win, and I don't know what it takes to make that happen.

Alur

I was gonna ask that. What happens if Caff and k1 DO leave Bstep? Like they have a confirmed spot for the next split as a roster, but they'd have to find players from who knows where. Things could get real weird.

brian!

If they cannot field 5 they have to give it to the closest qualifying team from the open

There is conjecture that nvt will throw their crucible match too in order to float their members to other teams (meaning kenma is getting purged). Kure said he was "waiting a week" to make a decision, so ostensibly he might also be waiting to see if nvt make it out, but there are also rumors that he's heading to team 8 (which would kill team 8 imo, cant imagine him and glau getting along, plus im sure he's looking for an actual sponsor)

Ketch

So they are not allowed to take players from the HGC open division?

I don't understand how that makes sense. Isn't that the point of the open division?

I feel like there are a TON of players who are just as good or better then HGC pros, or at least can easily be with a bit of experience at that level.... I guess the problem is finding these players?

brian!

It's really dumb, but i can see the logic in not letting a newly qualified team of fresh blood get picked apart by hgc vultures. Itd look really bad if a newly qualified team had to disband and give their spot to a team they beat. According to bakery the hottest free agent is on an open team with several teams interested and he'd have to throw in order to make it onto a big team with $$.

This is also the reason kure left his team in the open

Alur

It's a better deal than the cheapest pack of gems + a hero + boxes + a mount so yeah, if you ever see yourself buying gems.

Alur

I wondered if that was bad blood with caff/k1/iDream or with Dunk. Dunk did say on stream the other day that Fan was his boy, I forget what it was in reference to.

also wtb THH upload pst

I think he spoke about multiples bit it might just have been 1 of them. Don't think Fan and Dunk are close. Fan never once mentions him not are they playing together.

thh is currently patreon exclusive, meaning you could actually buy it lol. He really doesn't advertise that at all. There's just the small banner in the corner of the visual feed.

Alur

Wait so THH has a patron exclusive timer now? When did that start? I can't say I've heard him even mention it outside of the initial time. Garrett on ITN has a bumper before every show and they mention new patrons later in the show and it's not bad obnoxious IMO...you'd think Jake would be hustling that money.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Second anniversary event has been announced. It's pretty low key but considering the big splash 2.0 made it's understandable. Daily common loot boxes will be a drain on resources :/.

aw well, free boxes is always nice i guess. speaking of, need to do the new brawl i guess. not up for another 6 hours meh.

been playing Falstad today, he's...ok? He's kinda awkward, I dunno.

brian!

aw well, free boxes is always nice i guess. speaking of, need to do the new brawl i guess. not up for another 6 hours meh.

been playing Falstad today, he's...ok? He's kinda awkward, I dunno.

He's good but awkward is a pretty good word for him

Wait so THH has a patron exclusive timer now? When did that start? I can't say I've heard him even mention it outside of the initial time. Garrett on ITN has a bumper before every show and they mention new patrons later in the show and it's not bad obnoxious IMO...you'd think Jake would be hustling that money.

The bit i watched from last night was through this link, still works for me on mobile: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146937637?t=01h05m10s

Apparently, saw on my Twitter feed something like THH available exclusive to patreons now

Anyone knows if the Welcome pack is worth it? 800 gems is tempting

Even if you ignore the mount, and the free nice loot boxes, it's still cheaper than buying those gems on their own. That's either a full hero and some change, or two sale heroes + some change, or a legendary skin that goes on sale + a sale hero, etc.

If you ever planned on putting money into the game, it's worth it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He's good but awkward is a pretty good word for him

right? he has a "plays" ult which im always a big fan of, but I havent managed to use it properly yet. I mean I got some saves with it but thats about it.

brian!

One quick tip is to gust them into walls, it ccs them for the same duration regardless of how close they are and usually bunches them up too. A common use of gust is to prevent enemies from retreating to their gate by gusting them vertically towards their side wall.

In a normal teamfight it's good to gust away important heroes who have difficulty getting back into the fight, like in my general experience ppl dont often position well enough to prevent this. So something like anub uses his e to engage, you gust his followup, you win the video game

Second anniversary event has been announced. It's pretty low key but considering the big splash 2.0 made it's understandable. Daily common loot boxes will be a drain on resources :/.

Even the banner is super sad , I hope its animated at least

Even if you ignore the mount, and the free nice loot boxes, it's still cheaper than buying those gems on their own. That's either a full hero and some change, or two sale heroes + some change, or a legendary skin that goes on sale + a sale hero, etc.

If you ever planned on putting money into the game, it's worth it.

I planning to get the celestial mount by buying the lowest crystal pack , too bad its not Nazeebra

Top Bottom