• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

scoobs

Merge Raynor's E into his trait, and create a non boring ability to replace it. Then remove all his shitty generic talents, add some talents that buff his new ability, and he's fixed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp this is depressing. And the worst part is, its like im doing stuff that other heroes that maybe dont do so much dmg or are half supporty would do. Like saving ppl with the shield and shit, im doing ok-ish dmg, not amazing by any means, but serviceable. I just cant win a game. I thought this Hanamura just now was it, it was going fine until all of a sudden both teams take a fort, but they hand in theirs, we cant, and they boss and we cant defend it.

I know you guys warned me about his low win rate and whatnot. He's still fun tho, Im really liking the hero, just being stuck in a losing spiral is never fun no mtter how much you enjoy the hero.

kirblar

welp this is depressing. And the worst part is, its like im doing stuff that other heroes that maybe dont do so much dmg or are half supporty would do. Like saving ppl with the shield and shit, im doing ok-ish dmg, not amazing by any means, but serviceable. I just cant win a game. I thought this Hanamura just now was it, it was going fine until all of a sudden both teams take a fort, but they hand in theirs, we cant, and they boss and we cant defend it.

I know you guys warned me about his low win rate and whatnot. He's still fun tho, Im really liking the hero, just being stuck in a losing spiral is never fun no mtter how much you enjoy the hero.
You should watch him in pro games when people send an ETC through the portal and immediately mosh. Or have a Stitches gorge someone then take the portal.

brian!

Yeah i def think raynor should have had a vulture incorporated into his kit tho it may be too late now what with them being mounts noe

He's prtty hard to get. He's a character that you absolutely have to play aggressive with imo. His autos do more dmg than you think too. Putting yourself out of position with alt-w rdy is very key too

Fancolors

I wish they at least had a way of implementing vulture mines on Raynor, but I don't think they would since Hammer already has something like that

brian!

A vulture ult would work well. They could copy taya's from battlerite: she summons some pig mount thing from a short distance which does some dmg and knockback while traveling to her. Then she gets to ride it for a while with mountspeed and autos that slow.

Ketch

A vulture ult would work well. They could copy taya's from battlerite: she summons some pig mount thing from a short distance which does some dmg and knockback while traveling to her. Then she gets to ride it for a while with mountspeed and autos that slow.

yea they could give him a new heroic and then make his E hyperion (but nerfed aoe/range/damage)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its Kerrigan / Illidan all over again :(

At some point in the losing streak you have to go "yeah its me, im the problem" :/

DTC

I feel like Stitches is crazy strong right now. The amount of aoe damage he deals with Slam build is crazy, and he's really tanky even without any talents. The lack of stun and mobility sucks but I think he makes up for it with his damage output.

scoobs

I feel like Stitches is crazy strong right now. The amount of aoe damage he deals with Slam build is crazy, and he's really tanky even without any talents. The lack of stun and mobility sucks but I think he makes up for it with his damage output.

Ya, Stitches is lowkey kind of OP. I've never enjoyed playing against a good Stitches, but its pretty crazy how good he is now.

Alur

At some point in the losing streak you have to go "yeah its me, im the problem" :/

In some ways, yes, by playing Medivh you are the problem. I mean he has a 39% winrate for a reason. It's also because people don't understand how to play off him too, though. Sounds like your experience with him is playing out like most of us have...fun hero, but damn if it isn't a struggle.

Prelude.

its Kerrigan / Illidan all over again :(

You should use HotsLogs and check where you're at, as far as I can tell you stopped uploading matches in 2015. You had a lot of losing streaks in your "get this character to lv10" challenge, so maybe you might have gone a bit too low to comfortably use Medivh and expect your teammates to cooperate, so it might be a good idea to boost yourself up a bit before trying him again.

Rhaknar

You should use HotsLogs and check where you're at, as far as I can tell you stopped uploading matches in 2015. You had a lot of losing streaks in your "get this character to lv10" challenge, so maybe you might have gone a bit too low to comfortably use Medivh and expect your teammates to cooperate, so it might be a good idea to boost yourself up a bit before trying him again.

not this bad tho lol. Guess ill take him to 5 for the gold and bench him, shame. Oh well.

At least Rag was better earlier today (well much better), I was starting to get better with him and getting some nice games.

Rhaknar

Well, can't hurt to know.

guess ill install that shit again one of these days. Last time was 2015 because thats when I used to play before coming back with 2.0.

Played a top damage / zero death Li-Ming in the mage wars while everybody was dying left and right. #feelsgoodman #wegucci

same. and seeing other Li Mings dying (one had 12 deaths) and im like "the fuck you doing, you can literally stand miles away and just lob fire balls blindly with Li Ming. Shes like Chromie, which is why I dont get why Chromie gets so much hate but Ming doesnt.

Rhaknar

Wait, nvm, you do use HotsLogs, I was looking at hero league. Or are these matches uploaded by some of your teammates?

https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/MatchHistory?PlayerID=1562327

They're recent games.

Probably because Li-Ming is on your screen and you can see her attacks, lul.

not with the orb build!

also arent those all 2015 games? I ahvent even used Uther since coming back.

edit: nvm I too was looking at hero league lol. Yeah I didnt upload those and its missing a bunch so Im guessing its randoms in the team doing it.

Prelude.

not with the orb build!

also arent those all 2015 games? I ahvent even used Uther since coming back.
Put it on quick match, on the top left. But yeah, you play more games than that, those are matches uploaded by someone else in the game.

Also, extended range orbs kinda suck. Teleport Ming 4 lyfe

DTC

I hate Chromie because you can't see where her W will land. It's usually somewhat obvious, but it's really irritating when you just randomly die when you thought you were safe at 35% health. Also, Chromie is more irritating because her burst damage is higher than Li-Ming. I think Li-Ming is the better hero, but Chromie can be annoying as hell to play against.

Rhaknar

GGs brian, shame that first one was thrown for no reason.

Why is there a common in my common loot crate #reroll

.eJwFwUsOgyAQANC7sJdhBvl5jR6AECRgo2Jgump69773FZ9xik005mduAPsxcx-7nNxHqkXW3utZ0nNMmfsFiTnldpWbJ6BTlrxB7XwIivwaQKPzOhhUq8NgrSMFrzxKuWfrTArdosxCNhJG7SNp-X6q-P0BOLMoNw.-zruUlv0i-rhPWosu_PRRmEJdw4

Seriously though, I never get this lucky. Wish I got this luck in hearthstone. I've still not opened a double legendary pack there.

.eJwFwUEOgyAQAMC_cBdYVmTxG30AIUjARoXA9tT07535is-4xC4qc5-7Usc5UxuHnNxGLFmW1sqVYz-nTO1WkTmmeueHpwKnN0MW0JH32tDqFYIj9KtDQvJgLVn1SiPnZ9bGRoNbtF3MFgwE9AFBvnsRvz87tihJ.zElMUFPaKXr6Ubsv_Ttt0YEvPVE

Got these from the brawl. Leveled up chromie twice in a single game and I sorta want to buy her now.

Rhaknar

watching Pallytime and Mewn play Medivh and Butcher and thats a nice combo

Kioshen

You got space lord Leoric from a loot boss ... So jelly but grats! That's one of the best things in 2.0 is giving access to those skins to a lot more people. Wonder if they still make money off this game now though.

Alur

I feel like they might actually make more money, or at least the assumption would be they did this to ultimately make more money. Panic over new heroes/skins going into boxes and gone forever has to get some people buying, and then the whales with the boxes themselves, /shrug.

Rhaknar

Sulfuras Smash is so good, holy shit. The fire wave thing has its uses I guess, I actually really like it, and I like how different of an ult it is. But yeah, once you start to learn how to use Smash, damn.

Rag is really fun, starting to get the hang of him. I love having a range poke / clear in the meteor. I guess thats also why I liked Graymane, since hes also both ranged and melee, and not so much Kerri / Illidan who are strictly melee.

Rhaknar

lose first curse thingie

Medivh: "GG NO TEAMPLAY"

lose first curse

Nazeebo "GG"

a couple of bosses later, we win....sigh. I landed the sickest sulfuras smash from behind the boss cove smack down the middle of the point that killed 3 people and it was glorious :D

Nobody gave me credit for it :(

Rhaknar

I did it guys...I did it.

I won a game on Medivh ;_;

Felt good too, even if my damage was still wank. But I made some plays at least. I need to poly more, it has a very short cd.

By the way, are Cho and Gall 2 seperate heroes for purchase purposes? Or do you get one when you buy the other? Because if hes 20k gold / 1500 gems then fuck THAT (until I only have him left I guess)

Rhaknar

HotSGAF made it to another piece of media. Grats to Scrubn for
dat hook
with guest appearances by Proto and Milly.

nice. Speaking of, I might show up in one of these WTF style videos one of these days from one of my early Medivh games... I misjudged the fucking bird spot and I landed with a nuke...on the other side of the wall lol >_> Then I couldnt portal out because I was stunned, it was quite embarassing. It was on the tail end of the losing streak when I was just flustered and fucking up all over the place.

So yeah if you see a Medivh going out of bird form inside their fort, its me :3

edit: oops was meant to edit, mah bad. Double post fairy is going to slap me in my sleep now.

Alur

Mc is drunk on stream and apparently said he's kicked from BStep.

EDIT: Legit can't tell if he's just drunk or serious or what but he hasn't directly said anything since I tuned in.

Alur

Still no clue if it's true. Was hoping Caff would respond to one of his viewers about it but he's ignoring it.

EDIT: just said 75% chance he has a team after this weekend for this drunk stream, so maybe a false alarm

Kioshen

Lol @Alur being so thirsty for a juicy gossip drop.

Man even in Korea the crucible matches are rough looking and is a bloodbath.

Mupod

finally convinced my friend to do the cho'gall thing. Dominated every match on our way to 5, that was a lot of fun.

I guess it's my turn to play Cho though. I liked it better being a turret since my friend is better at the map awareness stuff.

Top Bottom