• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

I'm almost to level 5 with Anub'arak, and I don't think I've won more than a game with him. I don't think I'm especially bad with him, but it occurs to me that he might not shine in Quick Play because half of my team is always off doing random stupid shit.

So what are the solo queue "pubstomp" heroes?

Edit: Oh yeah, and I saw that my opponent playing Dahaka had all of his limbs, but I don't see a skin to purchase like that. What's up there? I haven't played him yet because I find the missing limbs so unappealing.

Panthers

I'm almost to level 5 with Anub'arak, and I don't think I've won more than a game with him. I don't think I'm especially bad with him, but it occurs to me that he might not shine in Quick Play because half of my team is always off doing random stupid shit.

So what are the solo queue "pubstomp" heroes?

Edit: Oh yeah, and I saw that my opponent playing Dahaka had all of his limbs, but I don't see a skin to purchase like that. What's up there? I haven't played him yet because I find the missing limbs so unappealing.

He grows his limbs at level 10 when you pick your Ult.

brian!

Yeah zealots won draft pretty hard
Synergy's idea is to stall out for naz with dbl global but they kind of all-inned on it without considering zealot's draft, it could still work tho

kirblar

Yeah zealots won draft pretty hard
Synergy's idea is to stall out for naz with dbl global but they kind of all-inned on it without considering zealot's draft, it could still work tho
Synergy's idea got blown up repeatedly by multiple teams drafting Genji against Zeebo and picking him off repeatedly last weekend. How do you not watch HGC?

Ketch

the problem with anub is that the armor values are all fucked up.

like they added armor, specifically spell armor, and it feels like blizzard doesn't value it correctly in terms of balance.

Generic armor and spell armor is sooo much better then physical armor... and then anubarak ALSO gets that lvl 1 talent and it's just broken.

every 12 seconds he just gets 55% damage reduction for 1.5 seconds, for fuckin free, from level 1. And then also he's got a bunch of other abilties and talents that deal with ability damage later on. And oh by the way, the important part of everyone's damage is ability damage.

They need to just remove that lvl 1 talent from him. Or re classify a ton of abilities as physical instead of ability damage.

kirblar

Every time they make Anub tanky he winds up super OP. He doesn't work as a MT, because he's overtuned if he has that level of survivability.

brian!

Splitting up phys and spell skills would help the dmg they did making phys/spell armor a lot and also let them make more intersting heroes

Rizzi

Diablo is still my personal tank of choice. Spikes and beetles are cool and all, but slamming people in to walls and bouncing them towards my team is just so satisfying.

I wish lightning breath was a better ult though.

Ketch

Every time they make Anub tanky he winds up super OP. He doesn't work as a MT, because he's overtuned if he has that level of survivability.

His level of survivability is what's overtuned. 55% is dumb.

It could work if spell armor wasn't so damn universal. Like the idea that anubarak is super strong vs mages is good. But the problem is that also means he's just really good vs everybody. Because even if you pick his counter (auto attack heroes), he's really strong vs them too.... Who are the auto attack heroes? We saw zuljin in this series, can't go taz dingo cus you get cacoon'd can't go guitine because it's ability damage. gremane? nope his Q, E, and R are all ability damage. Valla? also a ton of ability damage.

Raynor and illidan are the only ones left, LUL at raynor, and illidan gets countered by the stuns/cacoon.

They spent the last two years marganilizing auto attack damage, and then make anub a god vs ability damage.

No wonder he's OP.

Splitting up phys and spell skills would help the dmg they did making phys/spell armor a lot and also let them make more intersting heroes

I agree, it would be really cool. But it's like totally counter to their design. And the implementation/transparency of armor would have me really worried if they ever did decide to add more nuance to damage types. Like, where does it say how much armor people have? Then you're expecting the player base to understand that zeratul Q is physical but his W is ability damage? recipe for a shit show that's for sure.

brian!

Phys armor is also really good, there are a shitload of autos in every game and it's usually on high hp high sustain heroes i think. Spell armor def more valuable ofc, but heroes with spell armor are more countered by autoers (zuljin vs. anub, greymane vs. tyrael, etc.) compared to spell countering phys armor (usually just a guldan pick, mebbe jaina). Armor in general is a bad mechanic imo because it turns an anub pick into "pick spell armor dude" style decision making because of how strong it is. Id rather anub be picked based off of his kit, best followup cc in the game and a playmaker ult.

I think if they split dmg they should in general keep the intuitive split; raynor q does phys dmg, kael q does spell dmg. Anub then still counters kael hard, but raynor is now stronger against anub. It becomes much more strategic in the draft and makes early picking of things that are meant to be niche more precarious

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what the actual fuck, D-Va can re-mech BEFORE the current finishes the explosion? is that a talent?

kirblar

When Anub's been OPOP before it's because they buffed his HP in an attempt to let him MT. The Spell armor stuff is the same thing happening again. He has to be a bruiser, he can't be an MT w/ that amount of CC and be tuned properly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Its been a rough couple if days out there in QM so im wondering, how exactly does MMR work? Like I imagine its a pool so in theory the opposing team should also be getting the "bad players" right, but sometimes it just feels like its always stacking up on your side.

Dont get me wrong, it comes and goes of course and im sure when those win streaks happen, usually with blowout games, the other side thinks the same. Its just people keep saying "low mmr is the problem" "its hard getting out of the sludge mmr" but shouldnt both sides have the problem?

kirblar

I love how much we're still seeing pros take Cassia, even without blind synergy comps.
Cassia's L1 is nutty when you're fighting on the enemy immortal cause all the hits bounce to the other team.

Imported Support are just getting picked off cause they're trickling in one by one and feeding. It's so bad.

Ketch

damn. they are tearing into kenma. leave him alone jhow, he's already dead.

grave.gif

kirblar

Zera/Genji double dive...vs triple Warrior + Cassia?

It's like they watched HGC last weekend...and didn't realize what Zera/Genji double dive was being drafted against.

Rhaknar

why does the hots uploader always upload EVERY match? takes ages and its all duplicates

kirblar

Just close the updater out and only open it after sessions.

edit: Johanna seems awful here vs a triple warrior comp that's only trying to poke poke poke.

edit2: Both teams are playing DS really sloppy post-10 w/ people not rotating and trying to solo lane and getting punished for it. DONT GO ALONE (unless you can escape!)

Ketch

Given the stakes it's appropriate though.

is it? it's not the champion ship. kinda seems like it's just a bigger roadblock for up and comers.

there's no big steaks when it comes to swapping out bottom tier teams in hgc.

yea, maybe it sucks for NVT.... but they're 2 & 12... and they deserve another 13 games to prove themselves?

then if they lose, they're just gonna disband and those players will just go other HGC teams and the snake will continue to eat its own tail.

Top Bottom