• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidden Golf game on Switch accessible via feels

Vena

There's probably a way to route the internet time check to a fake server

They'll probably find a way to spoof it (though its HTTPS, so they'll need to find a way to MitM the traffic on lower firmware where they have some degree of access, so >3.0.1 is SoL), no doubt, but this is a tribute easter egg and most may leave well enough be.

Like look at plutoo's twitter, I think he respects and appreciates what this is, he may not probe it further now that they've figured it out.

Berordn

There's probably a way to route the internet time check to a fake server

With custom dns servers and proxies, the sky's the limit!

But yes, now that we know this is a thing it's only a matter of time before we get the workarounds.

If you buy a Switch, make sure you do NOT connect to the Internet when you open it. Set the system time to July 11th and try unlock it first. Once you have connected to the Internet, it "knows" what the time really is and you will have to wait until real life July 11th to unlock it.

tumblr_nrht2dHWrg1qh6zmco1_400.gif

Busaiku

If you buy a Switch, make sure you do NOT connect to the Internet when you open it. Set the system time to July 11th and try unlock it first. Once you have connected to the Internet, it "knows" what the time really is and you will have to wait until real life July 11th to unlock it.
I think all new Switch systems are installed with newer firmware.
This only works at 1.0.0.

Fireblend

Banned
Goddammit I have tears in my eyes.

How is this real? I'm way too gullible when it comes to this sentimental stuff to tell if this is true or not.

Sponge

Banned
That is incredible. What a tribute.

Over two years have gone by and Iwata's passing still stings. 😭

B.K.

I just set the date on my system. The left Joycon's battery is dead, so I'm letting it charge before I try it.

Top Bottom