• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton in Pop culture through the years

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

Cool video! Pretty interesting. I had seen some bits of the content here and there, but not having acess to American media and/or not even being alive at that specific time means a lot of it was brand new to me.

This + the Hercules video made me subscribe to this youtuber. Her videos seem pretty entertaining.

anaron

2118283-pres_clinton.jpg

HILLARY-1-600x981.png

Funeral for a Friend.

First Lady Miley Cyrus.

When/why did Lindsay quit doing Nostalgia Chick?

The platform she was on was pretty lifeless. She has been through several other formats in the time since then until she settled on her own channel.

She never really stopped doing what she does. It has just been much harder to find her as she moved around.

Alrus

Can we not with the South Park talk? There's plenty of other places around here to discuss the merits and flaws of the show without hijacking a thread that barely has anything to do with it.

It's fascinating how different every single incarnation of Hillary is in fiction. I assume it's because after the shit she got for talking freely during Bill's run (the whole cookies and tea and Tammy Wynette thing), she decided it was better to not show herself too much. It's a bit sad.

That said I love Kate Mckinnon's depiction of her, as inaccurate as it may be.

When/why did Lindsay quit doing Nostalgia Chick?

Iirc she grew to dislike being a counterpart to an already established character and wanted to branch out into something that she liked doing better. Her recent content is pretty good.

lazypants

South Park just makes fun of everyone, which is like a public service in my view. Its pretty clear that south park's message is that nobody is off limits when it comes to making jokes. Every single one of us is stupid. Life is utterly ridiculous and we are all weird and stupid and strange. I believe it is extremely healthy to be able to look yourself in the mirror and just laugh at yourself over all the stupid little anxieties that make up your life. If you are able to make a joke at your own "expense" then no joke will ever be able to hurt you.

Revolver

It's fascinating how different every single incarnation of Hillary is in fiction. I assume it's because after the shit she got for talking freely during Bill's run (the whole cookies and tea and Tammy Wynette thing), she decided it was better to not show herself too much. It's a bit sad.

They talked about this in the excellent Frontline:The Choice and it is sad. Dating back to her time in Arkansas every time she asserted herself in the public eye her approval ratings tanked. She changed her hair, took Bill's last name, started dressing demurely and her ratings went up. In DC it happened again. She spoke her mind, led the fight for Universal Healthcare and her approval tanked. Once again she pulled back, started acting like a "traditional" First Lady and her favorables shot up. That SNL clip was telling. The way the audience whooped and cheered for him telling her basically to get back in the kitchen was a popular sentiment towards her.

I don't understand how you don't see it.
That season was all about embracing the alt-right boogeyman of "PC Culture" and attacking safe spaces. Incidentally both are concepts that minorities benefit directly from. The alt-right despises "PC culture" and safe spaces because they don't like being criticized for the hateful fucks they are. Period. And SP told them "hey, you're right to despise them, oh also, virtue signaling is totes real and not at all a meaningless buzzword you made up because you can't believe that anyone could genuinely care about minorities without being out for themselves". That's literally all that season was. It was asinine to a degree that SP has never been before. Which is hard since the show already sucked pretty hard.

In essence, SP gave them an outlet and justification for their beliefs with how over-the-top and villainous they made both concepts while attempting to showcase how little people who support minorities actually care. It's the most ridiculous and off-point commentary possible. It was a season that was nothing but a mouthpiece for the vile shit spewed by alt-righters. I couldn't dislike that season and SP as a whole even more if I tried.

I seriously don't get how anyone can not see it.

Their Hillary commentary just further nails in the coffin. I forgot that episode even existed but geezus is it cringe-worthy.

This honestly reads like a parody post of a "humorless liberal." If that season was a mouthpiece for alt-righters, why does Canadian Trump destroy Canada? Why do they mercilessly mock Trump and the wall for the entire season? If they're so against PC culture, why did PC Principal end up being a good guy? Meanwhile, while "virtue signaling" may have become a buzzword with its own baggage, the concept it stands for is absolutely real. It has the same idea as being a "Shy Tory" or a Republican claiming to be Independent. The entire season was criticizing people for being self-serving and attracted to echo chambers, which is something South Park has done pretty much forever. Meanwhile, they point out that there are people that truly have good intentions -- PC Principal being one of them, but their case is that these people are few and far between. Cynical, sure. But calling the show a mouthpiece for the alt-right is just absurd.

That season was all about embracing the alt-right boogeyman of "PC Culture" and attacking safe spaces. Incidentally both are concepts that minorities benefit directly from. The alt-right despises "PC culture" and safe spaces because they don't like being criticized for the hateful fucks they are. Period. And SP told them "hey, you're right to despise them, oh also, virtue signaling is totes real and not at all a meaningless buzzword you made up because you can't believe that anyone could genuinely care about minorities without being out for themselves". That's literally all that season was. It was asinine to a degree that SP has never been before. Which is hard since the show already sucked pretty hard.

In essence, SP gave them an outlet and justification for their beliefs with how over-the-top and villainous they made both concepts while attempting to showcase how little people who support minorities actually care. It's the most ridiculous and off-point commentary possible. It was a season that was nothing but a mouthpiece for the vile shit spewed by alt-righters. I couldn't dislike that season and SP as a whole even more if I tried.

Their Hillary commentary just further nails in the coffin. I forgot that episode even existed but geezus is it cringe-worthy.
Was the character of Draxx in Gaurdians of the Galaxy based off of you? Otherwise this reads like someone who hasn't watched the show in over a decade and simply gleamed off plot summeries and a smattering of gaf pists on the subject. The only people informed by the "douche and turd" comparison are fucking morons to begin with, so to blame the show for influencing such weak minds is equally as stupid.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

The safe spaces episode seem to be making fun of the recent evolution of them. Safe Spaces for years have been wonderful for minority races and LGBTQ individuals, but when you turn an outside public place into a safe space camp and then start harassing reporters you start turning it into a joke. People are also going to poke fun at people being overly triggered like real life TUMBLR.

If you can't see all the stuff they make fun of the (alt)right for, you've been offended enough you are blind to the other commentary.

Going back to some of that Darrel Hammond stuff during the Lewinsky years is hard. A lot of it seems to be some really mean spirited jokes about how Bill finds Hillary incredibly unattractive and the whole shrill wife thing.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Safe Spaces for years have been wonderful for minority races and LGBTQ individuals, but when you turn an outside public place into a safe space camp and then start harassing reporters you start turning it into a joke. People are also going to poke fun at people being overly triggered like real life TUMBLR.
Is this common enough to actually be a problem or this just one of those things that sends straight white dudes into a tizzy because "THE SJW'S"?

Keasar

He couldn't stop to the point where he had to leave the house of his pregnant wife. It seems like a pretty miserable situation to have that difficult of a time giving up that outlet to his stress.

That was when he was found out, which is what seems to be about what happens to Gerald. Before that in the previous post before the update I linked to outwards he seemed like a great father, nice to everyone etc. That is what they focus on with Gerald, he actually has it great, he is probably one of the nicest people in the entire town. Behind a veil of anonymity, anyone can be a awful person, even the ones we least expect.

Trojita

Is this common enough to actually be a problem or this just one of those things that sends straight white dudes into a tizzy because "THE SJW'S"?

Visible due to outrage culture. It's noticeable though because of reporting. I mean I'd surprised if you haven't heard of it.

South Park just makes fun of everyone, which is like a public service in my view. Its pretty clear that south park's message is that nobody is off limits when it comes to making jokes. Every single one of us is stupid. Life is utterly ridiculous and we are all weird and stupid and strange. I believe it is extremely healthy to be able to look yourself in the mirror and just laugh at yourself over all the stupid little anxieties that make up your life. If you are able to make a joke at your own "expense" then no joke will ever be able to hurt you.

You know, I think this sums up South Park pretty well. And it's audience.

And why I have no love for South Park. It's a voice for those who have no political stake. A safe space for the "all candidates are trash" type of folks who don't truly feel the social repercussions of their actions like minorities do. Think the whole world is just one big dumb theater. Much like what Ebert said.

I've got no time for that nonsense.

This is juvenile, hyperbolic and toxic. Your false cause and effect makes no sense. You might as well be mad at the internet itself or Pizza. Also used and loved by the alt right.
South Park is purposely offensive pop culture, and like other topical comedy it's an outlet- Not to punch down or to trivialize anything, but to look through events with a different lens where the social norms are different.
The show has a 20+ year history in which they have made fun of pedophilia, child killing, abortion, torture, rape, handicapped, suicide, school shootings, incest, domestic violence, prostitution, cancer, abusing animals, and many more irredeemable topics that are no fair interpretation of the show could make you conclude is making a platform or making light of events.
You can, in the right avenue make fun of things that would not otherwise be funny because you see the stupid in the world we live in- and the stupid in what we are- stupid and sad beings who cannot get even basic shit right.
Laughing at obscene things that are not otherwise fun, can be reflective. Being roasted and being made of and being called out can help change the way you look at yourself and bring yourself down a few pegs. When I think of great stand up comedians, I think of many of them who have highlighted their own hypocrisy which the audience relates to without pulling back- it's not about them, but they relate to it, and it can help them realize their own shortcomings in a vacuum where their own barriers would have otherwise been there.

A lot of the interesting thing about South Park is how everyone- the caricature characters deal with the events of the show. When the show had an episode about transgender bathroom rights, Randy functions as a catalyst to the average white male. He wants to use the female bathroom for convenience sake, selfishly, but then the episode takes form, and he becomes Lorde and it turns into this thing where he is discriminated against, and his coworkers are uncomfortable with him, but ends with them figuring it out, and the world not ending.
That episode was not a victory for transgender rights, because it's not about touting any movements horn or do what is right. They are just writing a story and doing outrageous things. The creative output of the stories in south park being able to go places where you do not expect them to go, might come from them not telling stories that force feeds an agenda in the mouth akin to Kyles satirical "You know, I learned something today".
The whole point of a show like South Park is to be able and free to make fun of things that would not in other venues be remotely okay. One can hold the opinion that something is serious, while at the same time, find a place to look at things through a lens where one tries to laugh at this depressive horrible world that we live in.
It upsets me seeing posts like this that make it their business to guilt, shame and pervert the meaning of what it is. Particularly when its something I've gotten so much out of.

I'm not of the opinion that everything goes in comedy without exception. I think things should be looked at throughout a lens where we can talk about it. I'm reminded of a special in which Tracy Morgan talked about gay people with actual contempt and hate- no satirical punch lines, no reflection, no story anecdotes. Just "look at how disgusting these gays are". Tracy did the right thing apologizing in that instance because there was no clever observation or any shed of dramatically telling. Nothing was learned or shared, and in that instance one could say that the comedy platforms was being used for hate.
But South Park, Bill Burr, George Carlin and other people with offensive comedy are not like that. They are not making light of any of it. What is happening is that people make it their business to make it about themselves and start creating this vortex. You know what you're getting when you're watching South Park. You watch that show because you know what it is, so being so angry over them having a go at the progressive movement in last season, and having that make more airwaves for condemnation that any other upset in its history tells me that a nerve was hit, that was needed to be hit.
Furthermore, last season does not say that PC culture is bad. PC principle is not a good character because he is silly or fun to laugh at. He is just a great character in contrast to the others, and clearly he is well intentioned, albeit amplified to the extreme like so many of the other characters. I don't think most people watched last season and took away from it that PC culture was bad. What was entertaining about it was how the characters reacted to it.
Like Randy suddenly becoming this psuedo liberal who becomes a slave to this fake sense of wanting to be progressive by shopping at whole foods, but still retaining his old selfish values. Probably a interesting social comment on many people today who engage in slacktivism.

JeTmAn81

Going back to some of that Darrel Hammond stuff during the Lewinsky years is hard. A lot of it seems to be some really mean spirited jokes about how Bill finds Hillary incredibly unattractive and the whole shrill wife thing.

Bill's review of The American President:

"His wife is dead. I loved this movie!"

Trojita

'Listen here minority, lemme tell you why you shouldn't be offended and why you're fucking wrong'

People are making long written arguments on why they believe Ekai opinion is incorrect. Summing up their points this way is cheap.

This last season of South Park also had an episode where PoC were the only ones being shot by police, a police force that decided to not do their job just because they were criticized, a group of white people that had enough privilege to antagonize the police group in the most obnoxious way that a PoC would never be able to do, and privileged people that felt annoyed by the presence of homeless people.

I find it hard to believe people watched last season and didn't see any of this.

Now you want to see legitimate hate? Family Guy has been hateful to transgender people and not even in a joking manner.

Vimes

'Listen here minority, lemme tell you why you shouldn't be offended and why you're fucking wrong'

I don't understand how so many otherwise progressive people refuse to understand the difference between punching up and punching down.

Also blown away that the South Park apologists are getting so vehement when the episode that brought it up is basically "ha ha Hillary Clinton has a vagina." I think a lot of SP episodes stand the test of time but this isn't one of them.

Trojita

I don't understand how so many otherwise progressive people refuse to understand the difference between punching up and punching down.

Also blown away that the South Park apologists are getting so vehement when the episode that brought it up is basically "ha ha Hillary Clinton has a vagina." I think a lot of SP episodes stand the test of time but this isn't one of them.

Who is defending that episode from 8 years ago?

Keasar

Who is defending that episode from 8 years ago?

Yeah, the whole Hillary Clinton part of that episode was more or less pointless, she didn't really do much, didn't have any personality and I honestly don't think that there was any commentary by her appearance, just a plot delivery device.

I must say though that I did find it funny that somehow a bunch of terrorists had managed to sneak a nuke into her vagina, I will not deny that.

Trojita

Yeah, the whole Hillary Clinton part of that episode was more or less pointless, she didn't really do much, didn't have any personality and I honestly don't think that there was any commentary by her appearance, just a plot delivery device.

I must say though that I did find it funny that somehow a bunch of terrorists had managed to sneak a nuke into her vagina, I will not deny that.

Clinton in that episode was a misogynist representation, a plot device, and grabbing low hanging fruit.

That "Oh my" she does in the episode is so bad.

ThisGuy

South park can be hilarious. The snatch ep wasn't that funny though. Safe space episode was, loved how it showed what negative comments can do to a person like butters.

I also found Lewinsky jokes to be funny throughout the years.

Hip Hop

If you think South Park is the epitome for the Alt Right, you're at the other end of the extreme political spectrum.

Which quite frankly, isn't an all that great of a side to me either.
I'm just calling it what it is. Last season was nothing but a tirade against minorities, women, the left-wing, etc. etc. etc. They've done that for quite some time. It was a huge embrace of the alt-right and they ate that slop up hardcore. The fact I've seen such an absolutely horrible season also praised non-stop on Gaf is frankly speaking alarming.

Not to mention, again, they fuel that both sides nonsensical apathy that so many embrace because they can't think for themselves unless a shit-tier show like SP tells them how to think.

It's one of the worst shows in modern television and nothing's going to change that for me.

I am a minority. In fact, I wasn't even born in this country. But keep telling yourself that.

Lothar

Banned

They weren't punching minorities. They were punching obnoxious while college kids.

The joke wasn't "Ha ha Hillary Clinton has a vagina." It was "Ha ha Hillary Clinton has a nuke in her vagina." That clip made me laugh. Funny episode. Guys have had things inside of them too. Mr Slave had a gerbil in his ass.

Mega

Banned
"The show that makes of everyone is now making a few jokes at my expense, so it must be a part of Evil Group X."

Exactly. "South Park was great until it started making fun of the things I care about."

This doesn't really make sense considering South Park's made fun of liberals before and no one was really upset. Liberals liked episodes like ManBearPig and Smug because they were actually funny.

It made fun of rich and celebrity liberals that aren't implied to be everyday people like you and me. Now that it's striking out at others and in new directions, it's suddenly become The Worst Show Ever. The hypocrisy is completely lost on modern day critics who laughed at Scientology and laughed at Isaac Hayes for getting offended and leaving the show when it made fun of his religion.

I'm just calling it what it is. Last season was nothing but a tirade against minorities, women, the left-wing, etc. etc. etc. They've done that for quite some time. It was a huge embrace of the alt-right and they ate that slop up hardcore. The fact I've seen such an absolutely horrible season also praised non-stop on Gaf is frankly speaking alarming.

Not to mention, again, they fuel that both sides nonsensical apathy that so many embrace because they can't think for themselves unless a shit-tier show like SP tells them how to think.

It's one of the worst shows in modern television and nothing's going to change that for me.

You are factually incorrect in your assessment of South Park as a mouth piece for the alt right and Trump supporters. But go ahead and dwell in your totally faulty interpretations.

anyone who claims South Park to be an alt-right show clearly hasn't been following the last two seasons

or the first 18

fantastic show and social commentary is even more on point today than before

Yup, looking forward to 20 more seasons of fuckery. People who hate SP can stay pointlessly mad over a show that makes fun of everyone.

Nah. If a minority says vaccines cause autism we don't have to believe them just because they're a minority. Saying South Park is a mouthpiece for the alt-right is absurd, and many here have explained in detail why.

Averon

A show making fun of the wall and showing a Donald Trump destroying Canada and getting fucked in the ass is "alt-right"? What about showing Mel Gibson being a whack-job smearing shit everywhere? Or the commentary about The Passion of the Christ being torture porn? Or how about making fun for the Catholic Church hiding their pedophilia problem? And there's the years of making fun of George W Bush being an idiot.

There plenty of other examples I'm sure I missed. Given the historical evidence, I cannot see how you call call SP "alt-right" or even just right-wing.

Toothless

I miss political cameos in children cartoons. The jokes were never good, but the weirdness of it all gives me 90s nostalgia.

That's the main thing I got out this video (although it's good overall). Growing up, I never remember Bush being a part of cartoons, and I don't think Obama's been in a lot these days too. Yet, Clintons were all over the place in the 90s. Kinda weird it stopped.

Cagey

Banned
Bernie is so early 2016. The new hotness for vilifying white male liberals as being closet enemies is South Park.

Haha at Ebert looking for deep meaning in a movie about puppets. Originally they wanted to do a shot for shot recreation of Day After Tomorrow but couldn't get the rights. It's funny to imagine that Ebert was watching the puppet sex scene or the "Dicks, Pussies, and Assholes" scene, taking notes, and wondering "Are they saying we're puppets?"

That's Roger Ebert for you. This is the same dude that went on a tirade claiming Friday the 13th The Final Chapter had some nefarious plan to convince teens that nothing in life matters because Jason can show up a run you through with a machete. Ebert was always looking for meaning in films and hated stuff that asked you to turn off your brains such as a movie that featured a musical number featuring a Kim Jong Ill singing about being ronry.

Window

Someone can infer meaning from a film/show/any piece of media without caring for authorial intent (which is mostly irrelevant). I think Ebert's take on Team America is pretty accurate. Despite that I think the film (and South Park) can be funny (at times - in small doses).

Watching the video and reading through this thread, three things came to mind:

1. Throwing 'alt-right' around far too liberally is stupid and only plays into their rebranding IMO. Matt Stone and Trey Parker may be white privileged assholes but they're not white supremacists.

2. Calling South Park one of the most intelligent shows on TV is laughable.

3. Fuck the 90s. Things aren't perfect these days but I'm glad society has dramatically improved on social issues.

Lothar

Banned
Someone can infer meaning from a film/show/any piece of media without caring for authorial intent (which is mostly irrelevant). I think Ebert's take on Team America is pretty accurate. Despite that I think the film (and South Park) can be funny (at times - in small doses).

Ebert's take was hilarious. He looked desperately for meaning and message in it, and upon finding nothing but jokes, he declared that the meaning must be nihilist. That something could just be intended to be funny and poke fun at the silly absurdies of the whole situation was beyond his understanding.

And why I have no love for South Park. It's a voice for those who have no political stake. A safe space for the "all candidates are trash" type of folks who don't truly feel the social repercussions of their actions like minorities do. Think the whole world is just one big dumb theater. Much like what Ebert said.

Perfectly put.

I looked up a super old Hillary joke in south park I remember. It was from season 6 the Simpsons did it episode.

I'm paraphrasing but it was a news report " The city of New York is preparing to evacuate if senator Clinton's ass gets any bigger"

That line stuck out in my mind because it was so out of nowhere.

You're implying that there are either no minority fans of South Park, or that the ones who are are supporting something that isn't in their best interest.

Quit devaluing the opinions of those who disagree with you, and accept that, maybe, interpretation of humor is something that varies on a person by person basis. If someone feels a subject can be present in a comedy and you do not it isn't an act of aggression, and I don't feel that to be a controversial statement.

Veelk

Banned
I just want to point out that it's kinda weird this turned into a South Park thread because of a relatively minor segment, one that isn't even being focused on any longer in favor of evaluating SP as a whole.

I'm not gonna make a definitive statement on SP since I haven't seen it in years, but I do remember the episode with Hillary Clinton and honestly, even if you're not offended by the sexism of the joke basically being "WOmen have vaginas and are gross, amirite", then you should atleast be offended by the creative bankruptcy needed to make such a joke. It's the lowest hanging fruit you can go for. South Park has a lot of winners in it's portfolio and I'm sure it has added more since I stopped watching, but this was a pure dud.

Mael

Great vid,
good to know that the author of that vid is doing regular stuffs again!
Pretty interesting to see that the old adage of Clinton being appreciated when not running still runs true.

On the topic of South Park, that episode with Clinton having a nuke up her snatch is not exactly a high point.
If you take SP for what it is, ie a dumb show made to entertain it's pretty fun to watch.
Just don't get your political view from them, that was true when they started it never changed.
Who is stupid enough to get their views on politics from tv anyway?

This is juvenile, hyperbolic and toxic. Your false cause and effect makes no sense. You might as well be mad at the internet itself or Pizza. Also used and loved by the alt right.
South Park is purposely offensive pop culture, and like other topical comedy it's an outlet- Not to punch down or to trivialize anything, but to look through events with a different lens where the social norms are different.
The show has a 20+ year history in which they have made fun of pedophilia, child killing, abortion, torture, rape, handicapped, suicide, school shootings, incest, domestic violence, prostitution, cancer, abusing animals, and many more irredeemable topics that are no fair interpretation of the show could make you conclude is making a platform or making light of events.
You can, in the right avenue make fun of things that would not otherwise be funny because you see the stupid in the world we live in- and the stupid in what we are- stupid and sad beings who cannot get even basic shit right.
Laughing at obscene things that are not otherwise fun, can be reflective. Being roasted and being made of and being called out can help change the way you look at yourself and bring yourself down a few pegs. When I think of great stand up comedians, I think of many of them who have highlighted their own hypocrisy which the audience relates to without pulling back- it's not about them, but they relate to it, and it can help them realize their own shortcomings in a vacuum where their own barriers would have otherwise been there.

A lot of the interesting thing about South Park is how everyone- the caricature characters deal with the events of the show. When the show had an episode about transgender bathroom rights, Randy functions as a catalyst to the average white male. He wants to use the female bathroom for convenience sake, selfishly, but then the episode takes form, and he becomes Lorde and it turns into this thing where he is discriminated against, and his coworkers are uncomfortable with him, but ends with them figuring it out, and the world not ending.
That episode was not a victory for transgender rights, because it's not about touting any movements horn or do what is right. They are just writing a story and doing outrageous things. The creative output of the stories in south park being able to go places where you do not expect them to go, might come from them not telling stories that force feeds an agenda in the mouth akin to Kyles satirical "You know, I learned something today".
The whole point of a show like South Park is to be able and free to make fun of things that would not in other venues be remotely okay. One can hold the opinion that something is serious, while at the same time, find a place to look at things through a lens where one tries to laugh at this depressive horrible world that we live in.
It upsets me seeing posts like this that make it their business to guilt, shame and pervert the meaning of what it is. Particularly when its something I've gotten so much out of.

I'm not of the opinion that everything goes in comedy without exception. I think things should be looked at throughout a lens where we can talk about it. I'm reminded of a special in which Tracy Morgan talked about gay people with actual contempt and hate- no satirical punch lines, no reflection, no story anecdotes. Just "look at how disgusting these gays are". Tracy did the right thing apologizing in that instance because there was no clever observation or any shed of dramatically telling. Nothing was learned or shared, and in that instance one could say that the comedy platforms was being used for hate.
But South Park, Bill Burr, George Carlin and other people with offensive comedy are not like that. They are not making light of any of it. What is happening is that people make it their business to make it about themselves and start creating this vortex. You know what you're getting when you're watching South Park. You watch that show because you know what it is, so being so angry over them having a go at the progressive movement in last season, and having that make more airwaves for condemnation that any other upset in its history tells me that a nerve was hit, that was needed to be hit.
Furthermore, last season does not say that PC culture is bad. PC principle is not a good character because he is silly or fun to laugh at. He is just a great character in contrast to the others, and clearly he is well intentioned, albeit amplified to the extreme like so many of the other characters. I don't think most people watched last season and took away from it that PC culture was bad. What was entertaining about it was how the characters reacted to it.
Like Randy suddenly becoming this psuedo liberal who becomes a slave to this fake sense of wanting to be progressive by shopping at whole foods, but still retaining his old selfish values. Probably a interesting social comment on many people today who engage in slacktivism.

Well put!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom