• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton publishing book about 2016 election in Sept titled "What Happened"

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Really? No shit?

There is a difference between criticizing her which I have done, plenty of people have done and saying that the Clinton had failing health, worked with the DNC to rig the primary, destroyed Hati, and all kinds of other conspiracy crap.

This honestly reminds me of the people who get upset at Feminist Frequency.

That doesn't change the fact that you're selfish and put your pride over the well-being of other people.

Disgusting.

What if I put the well-being of those ravaged by corporatism in America and across the world first? what if I put the well-being of 70% of Americans who said we were headed in the wrong direction first? Neither Clinton and definitely not Trump fit the bill for doing what is best for America. Don't point at me or the other 40% of Americans who did not want either shit candidate. Look within to see why Democrats fucked up.

P.S. as I said before... winning the majority of the popular vote because any democrat with a pulse will carry NY and CA by millions of votes does not give the Clinton camp any sort of special cookie. Winning where the independents and the hurting American workers were mattered most in 2016.

Red

So how is what he posted gross, I think it is pretty germane especially considering what El_Tiguere just posted.
It conflates criticism of Clinton specifically with sexism in general and assumes the ignorance and lack of self reflection of those who want the Dems to move in Bernie's direction. It is a simple little joke that has gained too much traction and is used too liberally to dismiss real concerns.

asagami_

Banned
Wait wait a minute, El_Tiguere said he will vote for a black woman if she is nominee in 2020, and still, he fails to recognize black population, specially women, voted for Clinton both in the primaries and the election?

Really, the lack of self-awaraness is alarming here.

Source

Wait wait a minute, El_Tiguere said he will vote for a black woman if she is nominee in 2020, and still, he fails to recognize black population, specially women, voted for Clinton both in the primaries and the election?

Really, the lack of self-awaraness is alarming here.

Source

Black young voters went for Bernie, and I still despise the Clintons for their actual actions. Not sure what your point is here. I'm championing Nina Turner for 2020 out of principles, the values and policies she fights for, and her character.

No American should argue that any one particular demographic group should go for any one candidate just because.

Black young voters went for Bernie, and I still despise the Clintons for their actual actions. Not sure what your point is here. I'm championing Nina Turner for 2020 out of principles, the values and policies she fights for, and her character.

No American should argue that any one particular demographic group should go for any one candidate just because.

Don't you ever just want to talk about video games?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Thinking that Clinton would not help move this country forward progressively is such a boneheaded thing to believe.

guys El_Tiguere is dumb don't bother with him

Thinking that Clinton would not help move this country forward progressively is such a boneheaded thing to believe.
Well, I mean, there is her history of whipping votes to make massive welfare cuts and her consistent support for invading other countries

yeah she'd be better than Trump but criticizing her history isn't boneheaded and I doubt other than replacing Scalia with someone less evil than Gorsuch she would have made much progress on anything

dakilla13

I wonder if El_Tiguere lives in San Francisco. The people there are so caught up in their own bubble, they don't realize America is a large and diverse place, where the majority of people don't want the stuff Bernie is proposing.

That will change, but slowly. Certainly not overnight.

I wonder if El_Tiguere lives in San Francisco. The people there are so caught up in their own bubble, they don't realize America is a large and diverse place, where the majority of people don't want the stuff Bernie is proposing.

That will change, but slowly. Certainly not overnight.

NC. I would argue that Democrats living in coastal metros that enjoyed most of this half-assed "recovery" were the ones being tone-deaf in favor of the status quo with Hillary.

Majority of Americans are now in favor of most of the stuff Bernie has been championing (including universal healthcare), and it took him to rise against a corporatist crook to make the policies ingrained into the Democrat party from this point forward. The promise of slow incremental progress is worth SHIT in America right now (even if in reality policies will take time and compromise). Bernie had the bold solutions that more and more people clamored for, while Hillary always had to tip toe around what her funders and lobbyists want out of their Democrat puppets.

dakilla13

NC. I would argue that Democrats living in coastal metros that enjoyed most of this half-assed "recovery" were the ones being tone-deaf in favor of the status quo with Hillary.

Majority of Americans are now in favor of most of the stuff Bernie has been championing (including universal healthcare), and it took him to rise against a corporatist crook to make the policies ingrained into the Democrat party from this point forward. The promise of slow incremental progress is worth SHIT in America right now (even if in reality policies will take time and compromise). Bernie had the bold solutions that more and more people clamored for, while Hillary always had to tip toe around what her funders and lobbyists want out of their Democrat puppets.

Bernie had a bunch of pie in the sky proposals (all of which I personally hope will happen) without the implementation details. Look at California, people definitely support single payer healthcare, and it got shot down after the state revealed the budget for it! Ideas are great and all until it comes to figuring out who's footing the bill. If healthcare improvements can't be passed in CA of all places, how can you convince people in the South and Midwest?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
"If I Did It"

As silly as the first page joke chasing posts were, this one actually made me laugh.

While I personally don't care about what happened, since it's in the past, and there's no use lamenting over it, I think it's probably more of a catharsis for her and her supporters to publish a book like this (and to make a pretty fucking penny on top of it).

Donald fucking Trump is President of the United States of America. Jesus Christ.

I honestly try not to think about the night of the election. I didn't sleep a wink, and have been wracked with anxiety ever since. I don't remember the last time I had a good night's sleep. Oh yeah, November 7th, 2016. After that, it's been nightly sleep medicine (ZZZ Quill, I love you), and the occasional anxiety attack when I look at the news.

I think Hillary is an interesting woman, and I think she would have absolutely done a bang up job as President of the US, but the chips fell the other way. I supported Bernie, then I supported Hillary, but it wasn't enough to stop the narcissistic demagogue from winning. Godspeed to us all.

Basically, what you're saying here is that I should aggressively refuse to vote for the Democratic candidate, even if it costs my party electoral victories, because it's the only way for me to become the "squeaky wheel" again.

Are you sure this is good advice?

Also, just to be clear, I'm still not a moderate.

Nah you're a moderate

Top Bottom