• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton publishing book about 2016 election in Sept titled "What Happened"

johnsmith

remember me
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...33c52b2f014_story.html?utm_term=.5be419a0c49a

170727-hillary-clinton-book-mn-0710_355921c6f3c19d87fb2a3fa8a72a5f2c.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

NEW YORK — Hillary Clinton is calling her new book “What Happened” and promising unprecedented candor as she remembers her stunning defeat last year to Donald Trump.

“In the past, for reasons I try to explain, I’ve often felt I had to be careful in public, like I was up on a wire without a net,” Clinton writes in the introduction, according to publisher Simon & Schuster. “Now I’m letting my guard down.”

Simon & Schuster told The Associated Press on Thursday that Clinton’s book will be a highly personal work that also is a “cautionary tale” about Russian interference in last year’s election and its threat to democracy.

“Now free from the constraints of running, Hillary takes you inside the intense personal experience of becoming the first woman nominated for president by a major party in an election marked by rage, sexism, exhilarating highs and infuriating lows, stranger-than-fiction twists, Russian interference, and an opponent who broke all the rules,” according to Simon & Schuster. “In these pages, she describes what it was like to run against Donald Trump, the mistakes she made, how she has coped with a shocking and devastating loss, and how she found the strength to pick herself back up afterwards.”

“What Happened” is scheduled to come out Sept. 12.

I don't know if I could read this without getting sad and angry, can't imagine what it was like writing it.

This thread is going to go well.

Anyway, I don't usually read these kinds of books, but I am interested to hear about things from her perspective, and as such plan on purchasing it when it comes out.

TrutaS

"But her emails" would be a funny title that would probably sell more. Hope this is revealing and geared towards promoting change, rather than a cash grab.

kmfdmpig

The chapters on not leaving major cities, wasting time in lost cause states (like Arizona) and calling a huge percentage of voters deplorable should make good reading. I wonder if she'll take any responsibility at all for those major blunders.

Preezy

SHE LOST TO TRUMP. GTFO lady, no one wants to hear your shit. She should be reminded of losing to Trump for the rest of her days. She's the political equivalent of Bill Buckner!

In an ideal world, this book wouldn't exist. In a slightly less ideal but still pretty good world, it should consist of one page:

"I lost the election and then moved on with my life. You should too. Let's focus on 2018 and 2020"

The End

C.Mongler

I mean, I don't think she isn't entitled to writing something like this, but couldn't this have waited until we're at least no longer actively living through the ramifications of her loss? Couldn't you write this and shelve it for 4 years or so? Just feels a little tone-deaf to me, idk.

Slaythe

The chapters on not leaving major cities, wasting time in lost cause states (like Arizona) and calling a huge percentage of voters deplorable should make good reading. I wonder if she'll take any responsibility at all for those major blunders.

Yeah at the same point in time, if you have to accommodate to the racist, homophobic, intolerant, shit trump base, you might as well give up the rest of your humanity.

Deku Tree

Well this isn’t going to go over well.

Based on her public statements I’m going to go out on a limb and assume that she essentially never mentions her failure to campaign in the rust belt after the convention.

la_briola

I mean, I don't think she isn't entitled to writing something like this, but couldn't this have waited until we're at least no longer actively living through the ramifications of her loss? Couldn't you write this and shelve it for 4 years or so? Just feels a little tone-deaf to me, idk.

Better to do it now before you are forgotten. Gonna get the money while the debacle is still somewhat fresh.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I wonder if she will really cover her mistakes or if they are handwaived. She and her inner council made a lot of terrible moves that wouldn't even need hindsight to see.

One of the chapters should definitely be "I Called 30 million America Citizens Deplorables"
Which while not a good thing to say publicly, is probably factually true. People mistook the line to think she meant half of America. I wouldn't doubt that 10% of the country is racist.

Hillary's memoirs should be a fascinating read. Her life is unmistakably interesting; her experiences are far ranging and compelling.

But the likelihood that she wrote this book, rather than an army of ghostwriters who regularly delivered copy to her PR and branding team, is vanishingly small.

Anybody remember when Trump literally threatened her with throwing her in jail during one of the debates?

IIRC, it was to assign a special prosecutor to investigate her.

Guess he's mad now that Sessions didn't assign one before Mueller was assigned to investigate Trump.

SHE LOST TO TRUMP. GTFO lady, no one wants to hear your shit. She should be reminded of losing to Trump for the rest of her days. She's the political equivalent of Bill Buckner!

Yea that stupid fucking bitch. She should have known that America doesn't want some stupid old hag nerd running the country, they want a mans man! She should have learned how to smile so that she doesn't always look like a fake bitch all the time. Just another fake democrat like Peloci, who is also an aging hag that needs to go and make room for the true future of the party that also lost, but they know how to look real and not fake!

Top Bottom