• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton publishing book about 2016 election in Sept titled "What Happened"

If there is one person who is most responsible for giving us President Trump (besides him of course) it is her. Obviously there are tons of factors, but she gets most of the blame. That is the burden you take on when deciding to run for President.

McCain is also to blame for Obama and somehow that's not how conservatives think. Seriously, there's no around this this is misogyny in it's purest form. I'm saying this as somebody who originally wanted Bernie to be the nominee.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
She wasn't destined to be president. Instead of spending a billion dollars attacking agent orange she should have hired Bill Clinton and Michael Moore.

I mean easy to criticise her now but I think she got terribly unlucky and got carried away due to all the polls.

Given the fact that our current president is a madman obsessed with constantly retelling the story of his election win I don't really see Hillary publishing a book that will likely be ripe with snippets that conservatives will use about her side of the story. It really isn't necessary right now.

There have been a lot of threads people telling her to essentially stay wondering in the woods just because she's going to a college commencement or seeing a ply or some shit. Which is dumb. She can do what she wants

But please. No more election talk. Her last interview where she came out and blasted Comey and everyone else was not helpful at all. Obama isn't feeling a need to do that. He's been living life with the occasional classy statement. He hasn't come out and said anything dumb or given Conservatives anything to yap about.

Maybe if Trump is out of office by the time the book comes out it'll be ok.
He won't be so it probably isnt

RDreamer

What happened?

You happened. Anybody else would have been a slam dunk against the orange turd. Literally anybody else.

Someone else might have won because they wouldn't have had decades of misogynist attacks against them going back to before a lot of people posting on this forum were even born. She didn't happen, because she didn't do that shit to herself.

Thinking anybody else could have won though is where people like you are dead wrong. If anybody else could have won then why didn't anybody else win against him in the Republican primary? Trump was something different in politics and no one had an answer to it. To think you do, and the answer is "literally anyone" is just ridiculously insulting and ignorant of what happened.

Should be titled "I'm Sorry"

Damn, did you break your ankle rushing into this thread to make a fool out of yourself?

The shit you guys are posting in this thread is making me sick. Jesus. You guys really have no shame in being so overtly misogynistic in your treatment of this women. Fox News won.

Pilgrimzero

Hillary Clinton patronized Americans, she insulted them, and she ignored them.

Americans returned the favor by spitting her out of their mouths as they would lukewarm water.

I'm glad Hillary is going to get slightly richer off the backs of the public she maybe should have served. Maybe it will fuel her new, best effort: Retirement.

She won the popular vote. Stop watching Fox News.

I think this is way too early. But then again at least it s not close to an election.

Otherwise I have no problem with it. Should be interesting.
It is mercifully in between election cycles, and 2019 would be a little worse since primary campaigns are underway.

Sometimes these things benefit from being "fresh" as a kind of contemporaneous record. You lose the hindsight and historical analysis but you gain a more accurate depiction of the moment.

RDreamer

She wasn't destined to be president. Instead of spending a billion dollars attacking agent orange she should have hired Bill Clinton and Michael Moore.

Instead of attacking the racist, xenophobic, sexist pig completely unfit for office she should have hired two men to talk for her instead. Yup...

McCain is also to blame for Obama and somehow that's not how conservatives think. Seriously, there's no around this this is misogyny in it's purest form. I'm saying this as somebody who originally wanted Bernie to be the nominee.

Who here is a conservative though? Did she face misogyny? Obviously. That doesn't alleviate her from many missteps that she made. Also, all that email BS was of her own doing. She is ultimately responsible for all of this. This is the accountability required for someone who is worthy of being President. Well, before Trump came around anyway.

Damn, did you break your ankle rushing into this thread to make a fool out of yourself?

The shit you guys are posting in this thread is making me sick. Jesus. You guys really have no shame in being so overtly misogynistic in your treatment of this women. Fox News won.

Treating a woman the same way I would treat a man who gave us President Trump. With contempt.

Americans returned the favor by spitting her out of their mouths as they would lukewarm water.

I'm glad Hillary is going to get slightly richer off the backs of the public she maybe should have served. Maybe it will fuel her new, best effort: Retirement.
And what did Trump do?

Fury451

Banned
It's kind of amazing how quickly people turned on Clinton.

She was never a strong candidate, but was at least a sure fire slamdunk against that buffoon Trump, right? A candidate that literally undermined himself by saying dumb ignorant shit every 24 hours is no threat at all.

Oops.

The Democrats entirely misjudged large swaths of the population and were undeservedly overconfident and now we all are paying for it.

KingV

No, it's her fault because Trump was very beatable and she ran a poor, lazy campaign.

Obama was a great candidate who ran a great campaign. McCain had an uphill climb. Clinton was handed the worst presidential candidate in the last 100 years as an opponent and still managed to fuck it up.

mclem

My instant first thought:

gqVL0Is.jpg

(
From 'A Mighty Wind'; Fred Willard's character starred in a one-season sitcom titled "Wha' happened?", and while most have forgotten the catchphrase, he keeps quoting it
)

kirblar

Because Trump never patronized, insulted, or ignored anyone?

Just what "insult" from her has you so upset?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If she doesn't address Robby Mook and his asinine ideas about how to run a modern campaign, this book is meaningless.

Preezy

I don't recall this much seething anger towards Al Gore or John Kerry.

Just saying.
They didn't lose to an orange sack of shit. At least Bush is a human, Trump is like the cockroach monster from Men In Black.

If the next democrat (male or female) runs against Trump, makes the same mistakes as Clinton and loses, they'll get the same level of ire from me, I don't care what colour or gender they are.

jfkgoblue

You have failed to explain what being a woman has to do with it. People are frustrated with Trump and she is the easiest target.

Also you don't know many conservatives if you think they don't blame McCain for Obama. (It also became less noticeable when Romney also lost to Obama)

RDreamer

I meen tbf, Trump is far worse than Bush. Plus the internet was nowhere near as prevalent back then as it is today.

This whitewashing of Bush's legacy will never fail to amaze me. Trump is an incompetent man baby and very well could end up worse than Bush. Right now, though, he is not. Bush has a lot more blood on his hands and we shouldn't ignore that.

Ms.Galaxy

Oh, please.

Donald Trump patronized Americans, he insulted them, and he ignored them.

Americans returned the favor by voting him into the White House.

I'm still not sure how blaming her and not Trump voters makes any sense.

It's like if I was competing in a sprint against Usain Bolt, and right before the starting pistol goes off, a bunch of members from the audience rush him and start beating him with baseball bats. Then I win and Neogaf is all "HOW COULD USAIN LET THIS HAPPEN??"

"She shouldn't have called american people deplorables" yeah okay Trump called every group of people every possible thing and that didn't seem to hurt.

Who here is a conservative though? Did she face misogyny? Obviously. That doesn't alleviate her from many missteps that she made. Also, all that email BS was of her own doing. She is ultimately responsible for all of this. This is the accountability required for someone who is worthy of being President. Well, before Trump came around anyway.

I'm not saying that she faced misogyny, I'm saying that this thread is pure misogyny. She can be held accountable without all of the hate, like literally every single candidate from either party during the past forever.

Top Bottom